Submit

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 5:54 pm
I know what you guys mean D: Parts of it were ok (like the singing ^w^), but I really found the end dissapointing...
Act II was my favourite heart Lovely songs!

I can't wait for the DVD D: *is too poor to download*  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:57 pm
Joss has a habit of doing that though.

SPOILER! He has a habit of killing main characters to advance the plot or make a point. Wash in Serenity, for example. ninja  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

umi505

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:59 pm
Act three wasn't what I was exspecting at all. O.o

Act 2 was my favorite.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:39 pm
I thoroughly enjoyed act III.

At first I was wishing for more closure and then I watched it for a second time and realized that from an artistic point of view that it was PERFECTION.

Seriously, if you don't believe me go watch it again and this time put yourself on the other side of the 4th wall.

Spoiler (DO NOT READ UNTIL YOU WATCH ACT III TWICE):

If you still nee it handed to you on a silver platter, the whole premise of the movie was that of a Down and out Villain trying to make his way into the inner circle of Villainy. The problem with this is that to do so, to finally complete his transformation, he needed what all good Villains have, and that's the same thing all good Heros have, Loss.

At first his life was coming closer to being normal, in act two his world peaked and then dropped again. But he still had hope, he still had compassion, things a true villain can not have (at least outwardly, and this is the genius part of it.) those things.

Now, the Catch at the end is his omission of not having any feelings left for the world. For everything he desired was his but not all things that glitter is gold. He however, takes thing at face value and understand his place in the world.

Now personally, I would have LOVED to see Dr.Horrible kill the Villains at the end. That's where I saw it going to, I saw him affirming hos actions while at the same time revoking how own villain status. I obviously have a different artistic view though.

For those of you saying it's too dark. It's not, it's perfect for the story arc.

ninja  

God-The-RapistV2.0

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:34 am
It's not TOO dark, GTR, it's just darker than I expected it to be. Still a Whedon hit across the board if you ask me. I will be willing to pay for a copy of this once it's out on DVD... and there aren't many tv shows/movies that I am willing to pay for.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 12:49 am
I like how it ended. He wouldn't have been able to achieve true villain status without...er, certain events like the ones in Act III. Sad, maybe. Needed, hell freakin' yes!

I hated Captain Hammer's "I'm Better Than Everyone" attitude....so it was good to see him get his comeuppance.

The songs were funny, I loved the songs! Great music too.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:48 pm
Ah no I never thought it was TOO dark, just darker than I expected! It was actually really good, it left me thinking and kind of... well hit me a little. It was really great not denying that in the least. I think Act III was like.. how you expect a villain to be. Though I felt bad for him too it's like reminding you that its not always good to get what you wish for 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:09 pm
Kals is questing again!
I just read the Captain Hammer comic that's linked on the Dr Horrible page... *snerk*

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:22 pm
    CURSE YOU JOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not that I'm surprised. Well ok, yeah, I didn't see it coming, but still...this is Joss. He likes doing this sort of...thing.

Horrible would fit in nicely with the Trio from Buffy season 6, wouldn't he?

And I did indeed also enjoy the Captain Hammer comic... whee

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:34 am
Kals is questing again!
Now there are interviews and reviews linked at drhorrible.com, and also, I found this and this.

Also drhorrible.com will let you watch the entire show for free(with subtitles! It's like karaoke!), you just have to watch some ads first.

Apparently they're working on releasing a soundtrack. I would totally buy that. There are a load of Dr. Horrible and Capt. Hammer shirts available on J!NX now, too.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 1:25 pm
xD That kid is awesome! lol

And they put the show back on the website!?!? burning_eyes Yay! *goes off to watch* I can live through ads for that!

And I agree, I would LOVE to buy the soundtrack, the songs get stuck in my head and my friends/co-workers/strangers give me strange looks when I randomly break into song about a freeze-ray rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:06 am
Ooooh, I would so buy the soundtrack. Do want.

I loved the whole thing from beginning to end.  

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:10 pm
Kals is questing again!
xd It's too bad the only labcoat on Gaia is over 700k...

PM for details!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:17 pm
    Haha, are you cosplaying?

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn