Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply Computers & Video Games
MAC or PC? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What Do You Use?
  Mac (Mac OS X)
  Mac (Mac OS Classic)
  PC (Windows XP)
  PC (Windows 2000)
  PC (Windows 98)
  PC (Windows 95)
  PC (Linux)
View Results

Sarinu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:08 am
Warspyer
Not only that, but can you build a mac from scratch? I didn't think so!

U can build a Mac from scrath if you want  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:59 am
I built my comp from scratch. And actually you can build a Mac from scratch, using used parts, but that's the only way. Mac wont sell their parts in single units. You have to send the machine back toi the company if you want something else added on it. Trust me I know. I am a computer tech after all  

Kevoc

Elastic Corn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:14 am
i prefer PCs o-o  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:37 am
like that leya sez 2 intel chips meens 5.4ghz its not it dont alter the clock speed of the macs pcs are better macs r kk but they come in a near 2nd better look next time  

sergio19871

Chimera_Doll

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:56 am
Leya0
Actullay theres no Viruses for the Mac OS X at all! to Mac OS 9 there is, but not OS X 4laugh (i use the newest OS X Tiger)

Actually there are viruses designed to attack any kind of OS a person/company can create. All that matters is how many people actually fall victim to it.

sergio19871
Kevoc
WTF is wrong with you? I'm a computer tech, and I hate Macs. They're about as good as a giant paper-weight in my opinion.
sorry u cant be a computer tech they r good but they fall flat on there faces compared to p4 and amd athons and with add ht or htt for amd users sorry but sayin' that is a load of rubbish do ur research before u start sayin' stuff

Sorry you can't know much about anything if you can't even form whole sentences or spell anything right. I agree with Kevoc, PAPER WEIGHT at its BEST.

Kevoc
Because the their base ideas are great, hell they're beyond great, but then the stupid execs get ahold of the systems, then it's all shot to s**t. And PLus Bill Gates is an a** hole. If I ever see him, I'm gonna punch him in the face. Besides, I use Linux, not Windows.

I use Linux too. :3 Gentoo, and you?

Kevoc
Yep, I love it. It was quite difficult to get ahold of. But since I am a computer tech, I have conections

Dude.. Linux isn't hard to get. Its all Open Source, you can get it anywhere. All you have to do is go on IRC.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:01 am
Heres what I have to say.

I hate the Mac OS, its nothing but a piece of worthless s**t. I also hate PC. Dell is the worst s**t for hardware EVER.

I use Gentoo Linux, and Windows only when I really have to. Which is usually when I'm trying to FIX it because my Dad screws it up.

Chimera_Doll

Sakura-Kyoukan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:16 pm
Chimera_Doll
Heres what I have to say.

I hate the Mac OS, its nothing but a piece of worthless s**t. I also hate PC. Dell is the worst s**t for hardware EVER.

I use Gentoo Linux, and Windows only when I really have to. Which is usually when I'm trying to FIX it because my Dad screws it up.

the mac OS is a work of art, and it's 100% more reliable than that windows BS. My system never crashes and it's been running non-stop for the past 2 /12 years. My computer it'self is 4 years old. Not to mention i run about 100gigs of data thru it a month. You can say it's a piece of s**t, but unless you back yourself up with some proof all you're doing is flapin your gap.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:24 pm
Warspyer
PCs hands down. They are expendable, upgradable, and interchangeable. Macs are pieces of s**t. Do you know how long it takes to watch a flash movie on those things?! and all the software you have to download for any given hardware and for acceptable performance.

The whole god damn layout is awkward and messy as well. You can't give a mac more rom sticks or bigger ones without raping (I use this term nonsexually, mind you) the casing. Seriously, a mac is only good if you are in kindergarten or are just new to computers.

Not only that, but can you build a mac from scratch? I didn't think so!

wow thank you for showing how much of a complete idiot you are.

Flash movies play on macs BETTER than pc's because it's graphic processor is customized to deal with those kind of programs. And i just updated to flash 8 it took me 2 sec's to download the SINGLE file i needed to watch new 8.0 movies. As is pretty much the same for every other media player i need.

The layout is made so that accesability is constant. and if the layout is weird THEN WHY DOES WINDOWS NOW HAVE ONE EXACTLY LIKE IT? You CAN give a mac more ram sticks just as easy as buy a ram stick open teh computer, stick ram in, close computer... bam! I've upgraded my ram 3 times and never had a problem. Not to mention i've added a 2nd 75G HDD and a ATI900 video card, all i had to do was install 2 files for the ati card, and everything else didnt require extra anything.

AND i guarentee you your fav music artist uses a mac for their audio editing  

Sakura-Kyoukan

Seiei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:43 pm
oO;;  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:31 pm
like macs but they r so unpopiular in my country sweatdrop
so I use PC sweatdrop  

Fue-chan

Gambino Statue

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:29 am
yeah all them viruses my friends get from downloading music and stuff dont work on macs so i have never had a single virus rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:36 am
well apparently people who get pwned by viruses while downloading music and stuff haven't heard of antivirus. Nothing happens to my computer except rare trace amounts of spy and adware which I dispose of with spybot. You people who run microsoft os can get antivirus through trials and junk and pay for it after 30 days or something. Or get a firewall.  

Warspyer

Warspyer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 5:39 am
hey I'm starting to like this topic. Its one hell of a convo to support the os we use. If there were any os that comes in existence that isn't as difficult to use as linux, isn't filled with much holes as Windows, or a miserable piece of s**t like Mac, I'd use that. In fact I used lindows once and it was a mess.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:08 pm
Macs are ok, but they could be alot better. And Linux costs money, usually. What I meant when I said it was hard to get ahold of, I meant money wise. I got mine for free. I have all the OS disks on the market curently, and I didn't pay one red cent for them. I'm a tech as I have previously said. Any windows OS, I own it, plus the key codes. Mac OS, name the number, and I got it. And finally Linux. It owns all, but it takes a long time to install.  

Kevoc

Gone_And_Done

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:07 pm
I have pc at home i use mac's/dells at school (dam cheap schools and there mac's)  
Computers & Video Games

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff