Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
[IC] =Foalen's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 9:20 am
Hearing movement outside the teepee Ayita popped her head out to see who had dropped by. Her whinny brought Foalen to the door and he smiled giving Ayita a gentle slap. "Why don't you go out for a bit of a night romp. I think we'll need all the space we can get in the teepee to look after Delphia's feathered friend.

Ayita didn't know exactly what her human friend was saying but She did recoginze his hand motioning towards the forest as an invitation to go outside for a bit and gladly accepted giving the apprentice shaman a quick nuzzle before slipping out into the dark to find some freinds to play with. The painted mare paused long enough to wuffle a greeting to Talencia and Jaden before dissapearing into the trees.

Holding the flap to the teepee open Foalen waved his visitors into his warmly lit home. "I have the poltice already prepared for you, please come in."  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:54 pm
Princess Soquili enjoyed reading Foalen's diary so much that she decided to give him something special.
User Image
(bowl by Tony McGregor)
"I hope that Foalen and Ayita like it. It is made from a gourd," she said with a smile.

Soquili

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:44 pm
Talencia scooped the large hawk off her shoulder and held him gently before stepping into Foalen's teepee. Once upright and inside, she smiled at Foalen. "I am honored to be in your dwelling."

Jaden was clearly curious about being inside. He swiveled his head around alertly, eyes wide and dialated to take in as much as he could. He, like Delphia, wondered what in the world a pull-toss was, and how could it help his wing? Tal released him and he spread his wings to glide to a perch nearby. His wing ached at just that much movement, and he fluffed his feathers in agitation. Surely this would help! He turned his soulful eyes to Foalen in silent plea.

Talencia let Jaden glide to his perch, then went to him and gently scritched his chest feathers. "I have explained to him as best I can what we want to do and why. I don't know how well he understood, but I suppose we shall see." She turned to look at Foalen while still petting on Jaden. "I think we are as ready as we can be."  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:21 am
Foalen looked over at Jaden wondering exactly how he should proceed as he had never handled a wounded hawk before. He had heard that using a hood for such a bird was the normal practice but in this case he didn't think it wise to try and hide what they would be doing.

Moving slowly Foalen knelt down next to a pot of stewed herbs wich had obviously been taken off the fire reciently. They had the strong sharp scent of mixed herbs to them but it wasn't unplesant. The apprentice shaman spread the mixture out onto a strip of clean cloth with deliberately cautious movements careful not to startle his paitent. As he worked he named some of the herbs in the mixture and what they were for, though he doubted that Jaden would understand him he knew the cadence of his voice would be reasuring. And Talencia at least would take some comfort from his words.

"Easy now Jaden. First I need to take a look at your wing so I can see where to put the poltice. The herbs that I've told you about will help to heal your wing, but they won't work if I don't put over the wound." When the bandage was ready, he lifted it off of the ground and gingerly approched the handsome raptor. Still speaking in that steady reasuring voice he gently lifted the injured wing so he could see where to place the poltice and then he waited to see what the birds reaction his approch would be.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:51 am
((I am genuinely sorry for the delays, Foalen... we are now in the midst of moving (HUZZAH!) so I'm rather distracted, heh. ::happily so:: ))

Talencia listened to the litany of herb names, watching curiously with real interest. She was very curious by nature, which perhaps is why she ended up paired with a raccoon soquili! As Foalen approached Jaden, she also murmured a reassurance, mostly inane things, just to add her own voice to the soothing cadence and add strength to it.

Jaden watched the man intently, cocking his head with his hand movements. As the foreign words fell on his ears, he puzzled over them. Was the man chanting? Was this what made the pull-toss effective? Jaden was quite honestly uneasy with being pulled and tossed, but he trusted Talencia, and since she trusted Foalen, he would too.

He tensed as the man approached, but made no move for fight or flight. He simply waited and watched. He remained still as he reached for his wing and grasped it. When the gentle pull to open the wing came, Jaden creeled softly at the dull pain. It emenated from the leading edge of his wing, where Delphia's tossed stone had clobbered him.

He chittered and shifted his feet, featheres ruffling in his distress, but stil he tried hard not to fidget too much. Fearfully, he waited for the 'toss' part of the pull-toss. It was sure to be painful, but so long as it helped his wing in the end, he was willing to endure both the hurt and the indignity of being flung by this man.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 12:16 pm
(( quite confused as to how I can enter myself again now. sweatdrop ))  

Syrran

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 2:17 pm
Syrran
(( quite confused as to how I can enter myself again now. sweatdrop ))
((Just act as if the posts with the hawk weren't there. I'll reorginize thing posts when we're done with the storylines. If you want we can put a line on the top of each post saying wich story line it belongs to so it will be easier to read through until I get things reorganized.))  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:17 pm
((Congratulations on your move, though moving is a pain in the hinder even if it's nice to be somewhere new.))

Testing the the poltice to make sure it wasn't too hot, Foalen gently eased it into place holding it against his chest as tied the cloth bundle as securely as he could binding the injured wing to Jaden's side. "You will feel some pressure, but no pain. The herbs will work on the weak part of your wing and make it stronger," Foalen said looking directly at the bird with a reasuring smile though he knew the hawk couldn't really understand him completely some sense of what his meaning could come through his voice and he wanted Jaden to know he respected his intelligence.

Looking up at Talencia when he had finished with the poltice he nodded towards the bound hawk. "Jaden won't be able to move his wing while the politce is on. However when it comes time to change the bandage for a new one you will need to make sure he exersizes. It might hurt a little the first time, but it should get easier each time he does it. I've prepared some poltices for you to take back with you, though you'll need to put them over the fire to steep when you need to use them. If you feel uncomfortable adminestering the poltice yourself, just come back here and I'll prepare it for you." He said motioning toward the bundle laid out on the teepee's rug.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 6:48 pm
((Thankies! And yes, it is a royal pain, particularly when you are having the bulk of things, like furniture and appliances, delivered from stores. Cause we have had to coordinate who comes when and with what... and not a SINGLE delivery has worked out properly. Ah well. Today we got our bedroom set and living room furniture... I am a MUCH happier camper now.))

Jaden sat very very still while he was bound about. The packet the human pressed against his wing was very warm, but not painfully so. And then he appeared to be done! What had happened to the toss part of the pull-toss? He puzzled over that as he shifted his feet, mincing in Talencia's direction. He listened to the man as he talked and savored his concern and caring. By the time he was done talking, Jaden was quite close to Tal. He tipped his beak up at her and churred softly, "Okay, that was nice, now can we go?"

Talencia listened as Foalen spoke to Jaden, the nodded as she listened to his instructions. She accepted the poultices and tucked them into a pack thrown across her back. "Thank you so much for helping him," she said with a smile. "I think I'll be able to repeat what you just did... but if I have trouble, I'll be sure to come to you for help."

With that, she bobbed her head and gently gathered Jaden to her, careful not to press on his injured wing. She let him perch on her forearm and steadied him with her other hand, leaning him lightly against her chest. With a last smile for Foalen, she ducked out the door and headed for their own teepee.

Several days later, Talencia quietly approached Foalen's teepee as the sun rose. Wispy mists rose from the earth and twined among the trees and teepees, and slipped past and between her legs almost playfully. If mist could make noise, it would have been laughing, she was sure.

She did not bother to see if Foalen was awake, but knelt by his doorflap before uncovering what she carried. Under a protective wrap of leather there was a pot. She had painted it carefully, specifically in thanks to Foalen for his kindness to Jaden. With a smile she set it down and slipped away again into the swirling, mirthful mists. She hoped he liked her gift of thanks.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:50 am
The sound of footsteps breaking the stillness of the morning roused the apprentice shaman from his dreams. Wrapping a blaket around himself for the air was crisp with the promise of snow soon to come, he lifted up the flap of his teepee door and peered out into the pale moring light.

At first glance he didn't see anyone, but as his eyes focused he saw Talencia's retreating form. Stepping out through the door Foalen was about to call out to her when his foot brushed against something distracting him. Bending down to see what it was he smiled reaching a hand out to touch the earthen jar. Jars and bowls were always useful, especialy to a shaman and he ran his fingers along the line of beautiful detail around the base. Looking up he saw an empty forest, Talencia had slipped away while he admired the jar as he thought she might. He would have to thank Talencia when he went to check up on Jaden.

Gently picking the vessel up he went back into the teepee where Ayita waited for him.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 5:57 pm
P. 1316 A chance meeting

Syrran
Lequoia had been keeping to herself as of late. She had managed to get herself hurt on one of her training days with Taima and was now finally at the point where she could ride again. She had twisted her ankle in a fall from his back and had taken her time to fix the problem that Taima had been having. It seemed that he was a bit spooky about some quite queer things. He didn't seem to like certain flowers very much. Yet nothing else phased him. What an odd stallion he could be.

Now on his back once more she went through the usual warm up before teaching him some new, more difficult cues. After she had felt he had reached his limit she took him on a small ride around the lands. By doing so it was no wonder that they met up with Ayita, Foalen, and the others.

Taima, who was very happy to see Lequoia better once more was even more cheery when he caught sight of Ayita. He had missed her and started to dance a little jig beneath Lequoia, wanting to run forth and play. He let out a small whinny before Lequoia could object.

Foalen
Ayita hearing Taima's voice lifted her head her eyes brightening and she started her own dance whirling about as she returned the handsome stallion's greeting. "Taima, I haven't seen you in so long. It's good to see you!"
The mare called as she danced ever closer to the stallion she admired so much.
Looking from Anpo, Wambli, and Ayita he shrugged and joined in the dance laughing as he started a drumming beat on his leg.

When she came near to Taima she gave him a nuzzle her hooves still dancing before lifting her head to give Lequoia a welcomeing neigh.

Syrran
Lequoia shook her head and dismounted from the stallion as gracefully as she could. She knew better than to try and control him at this point. She walked over to the others and sat, knowing that it wouldn't be a very good idea to dance with her ankle as such. Instead she sat up straight and opened her mouth, an outpouring of beautiful melodies bursting forth into the air as she sang an ancient song from her home land.

Taima nickered at Ayita and joined in her dance, stopping now and then to nudge and nuzzle her affectionately. " I have missed you too Ayita. Lequoia has been keeping me so busy! Come and dance with me!" He nipped at her playfully so as to slightly cover up for his impulsive talk of love. That afterall, just wasn't him now was it!

Lequoia continued stringing notes along in a strange, but soothing fashion. Her creamy alto voice hanging in the air. It had been so long since she had let herself sing in public....

Harperking
Anpo laughed and waved to let Lequoiaknow her addition to the fun was appreciated. She picked up the pace of her dance a bit. Irt had been long since she had a chance use her fancy dance skills!

Wambli whickered a greeting to the newcomer, also inviting him to join in the play.

Foalen
Foalen continued to dance but altered his drumming to suit Lequoia's singing. She had a beautiful voice and he could feel the spirits all around him as if they were leaning forward to be able to hear better. Smiling he spun around keeping up with Anpo's pace.

Laughing at Taima's playfulness Ayita wove around him in a swift and graceful move that twined their necks together for a moment before she moved again letting lead the next step in the dance as she followed. She was giddy with his nearness and the shear love of motion.

Syrran
Taima was a bit shocked but mostly happy about her response. He continued to dance about and added his own notes to Lequoia's song, if a bit haphazzardly. He was having so much fun! It was so nice to see Ayita again.

Lequoia smiled at eveyone in turn and continued into another song. She wished she could raise to her feet and dance. Perhaps she would speak with Foalen about it later. He would know how to speed the healing process much better than she herself could ever manage. She held fast to her pendant as she sang letting all of her emotions shine through, creating a strong presence to her voice.

Harperking
With a final joyful whoop, Anpo danced her way over to the edge of the clearing and sat down, panting. Her hair was damp from sweat and she was panting from the exertion. Her eyes were sparkling though and she had totally enjoyed every moment of the impromptu celebration of life. As she rested she looked around at the gathering of people.

Wambli just grew more and more excited as she saw more soquili joining her dance. There were more around! She whinnied happily as she wove in and around the larger soquili, being careful not to get to close that she might get stepped on or kicked by accident. SHe hardly knew who to go up to to greet first!

Foalen
Seeing the little black and gold filly's excitment building once more Ayita nickered to draw Wambli's attention. "See there are more soquili. This is my good friend Lequoia. Lequoia this is Wambil. She said introcuding her friends as the dances rythem slowed.

Foalen followed the dance to it's conclusion and then found a seat inbetween Lequoia and Anpo. "That was refreshing. Though I'm surprised you didn't join the Dance Lequoia."

Harperking
"Pleased to meet you Taima" Wambli stepped back to look up at him. "You are very tall! Thank you for joining my dance" she added hastliy.

Syrran
Taima stopped dancing and nuzzled Ayita. " Hey what about me? You aren't going to introduce me? Oh you did didn't you" He nudged her playfully. He was in such an odd mood now. He smiled down at Wimbali " Nice to meet you. You think I'm tall huh? What about handsome am I handsome?"

Lequoia ended her song and turned to Foalen " I managed to take a bit of a tumble off of Taima and hurt my ankle. I can ride a bit but I didn't want to overdo it and dance as well." She averted her eyes as she knew she should have went to him first thing.

Foalen
Ayita felt a little shy all of a sudden as she responded softly keeping her eyes resolutly away from Taima's. "I think your handsome."

She couldn't understand why she felt this way, but suddenly her cheeks felt warm.

Foalen nodded. "That was wise of you. It seems a lot of that sort of thing has been gowing around. So your in luck, I have some poltices already made up. I can give you a few if you come by my teepee."

Syrran
Taima stopped laughing and turned to Ayita. " You think so?" Why was he all uncomfortable now? Afterall this was what he wanted right? " you're um...handsome too...I mean" He butchered that didn't he..." You're beautiful." He nodded and stood there unsure of what to do next.

Lequoia nodded " Okay..." she mumbled as she dropped her hand from her necklace and fumbled with the fray of her pants. "Foalen, may I speak with you later, perhaps while you are mending my ankle?"

Foalen
Glancing over at the two soquili Foalen smiled and nodded in reply to Lequoia senseing she wanted to be alone for the talk. "Certianly, it will take a while to steep the herbs and such so we should have some time."

Ayita felt her face growing warmer yet at Lequoia's words so warm and happy in fact that she couldn't contain herself. She had to do something wtih the feelings building up inside. Lifting her head up so she could reach his she gave him a long nuzzle.

"You are big and strong and wonderful, but I wonder, can you catch me? Tag, you're it. " The painted mare called out dancing away from the handsome stallion, but looking back over her shoulder to see if he would follow.

Syrran
Lequoia nodded and watched their soquilis intently."Sounds like a plan"

Taima was a bit awe struck. By the time she set out in a run Taima couldn't move an inch. It took a good long moment before he finally realized what was going on and set off after her. " I will catch you I will!!!" His hooves flew above the earth as he galloped in his persuit of this beautiful mare.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 7:00 pm
P. 1333 Romance at the teepee.

Foalen
The shadows were growing long as Foalen made his way though the nearly bare trees over the path that led to his teepee, one arm resting on the neck of the painted mare who walked along side him. He smiled at sounds of the little creatures moving out of their path as they moved and whispered a greeting to the local spirits.

When they finaly reached the teepee Foalen felt revied dispite the length of the day and work he had done gathering and sorting herbs for his stores. Ayita stayed outside settling herself infront of the teepee like the guaridan spirit she was her dark warm eyes on the sky. She loved watching the stars come out.
The shaman's apprntice gave her a loving scratch between her ears in the place he knew she loved to be scratched and went inside to start a fire and prepare the herbs he would need shortly.

Syrran
Taima carried Lequoia on his back. He was impatient to get back to Ayita but, he knew better than to do that. From time to time he would crane his neck back to look at Lequoia, giving her a heartfelt nudge to her shin.

Lequoia smiled. He was being so good with her lately. He must feel bad for what had happened. She pet his wither gently as they walked past everything. She would get him past his fear when she felt better.

Finally stopping Lequoia lept off of his back gingerly and stood within the threashold of Foalen's teepee. Even though he knew she would be there, she didn't want to intrude. Her hands were clasped together and she didn't say a word as she watched him, waiting for him to notice her presence and invite her in.

Taima walked over to Ayita, he was calm now that Lequoia had ridden him. It sobered him in a way. He nuzzled her and placed his head on her wither, nickering softly.

Foalen
Ayita nickered in repsonse to at Taima when she saw him, resonding to his touch with a nuzzle of her own. "Why don't you come and sit down? The stars are going to be beatuiful when they come out and it's almost time for them to appear now."

Hearing movement Foalen looked up to see Lequoia standing in the doorway. Waving her in he smiled. "I'm glad your here, I'm nearly ready for you. Though we'll have to wait a little while for the fire to get hot enough to steep the herbs. Please, come in."

Syrran
Taima drew back his head and lifted it to the sky. " I suppose you're right." He curled himself up beside her, nipping at a lock of her mane, still being just a bit playful.

Lequoia nodded and sat near the growing fire. She glanced over to him before going back to staring into the fire. " You know, it seems that our soquili have grown to like eachother quite a bit. I'm sure you've noticed the change in them" A slight smile played across her face, flickering in the dim light of the flame. "What do you think of it?" She fumbled with one of her braids absently and awaited his response.

Foalen
Giving the silver stallion a look out of the corner of her eye that danced with merriment Ayita returned the n** before leaning into Taima's strong shoulder and sighing happily. Her tail wisking over his.

Foalen smiled up at Lequoia, "I'm sure anyone who has seen them together has noticed their growing fondness of eachother." The apprentice shaman said with amusment as he busied himself with preparing the fire. "Personaly I don't really see how it's my buisness. Hearts are moved as the Great spirit wills. If they are happy I see no reason to interfear unless you know of something that would make you against the mach.

Syrran
He let a low neigh escape from him and began to groom her affectionately. " You're....um...very pretty you know." Hadn't he already told her that before? Well he couldn't take it back now. She would understand wouldn't she?

"I have no problem with it at all. In fact I'm quite pleased with it." Her face took on a blankness that left her mouth straight and her eyes empty. " They really are nice together. The spirits chose well."

Who would they choose for her she wondered. Would they even choose at all? She leaned down and rolled up her pants leg. As she unwrapped the makeshift bandage she spoke again. " To think they were only foals not that long ago."

Her ankle was quite swollen by this point but it had been worse in the beginning. It wasn't as bruised as before either. She hoped he wouldn't scold her too badly for riding with it like that.

Foalen
Feeling all warm inside Ayita decided she liked it when Taima talked her her this way. She wuffled softly and turned to groom him in return to show him how happy he had made her.

Foalen sensed a change in Lequoia as she settled herself and began to remove the banage on her leg. Though he didn't remark on it.

"All little ones seem to grow up too fast, It's the spirit's way of teaching us to take the time to cherish moment. Gently taking her foot in hand he looked closely at the swelling. It looked as if her leg was already beinging to heal itself. A few herbs would help speed the recovery so that in a few days time her leg should feel good as new."

"You are grown and I doubt you need me telling you what and what not to do. Your leg seems to be healing well, even with your extra activity." Foalen looked up at her trying to look stern but failing miserably through the smile lighting his dark eyes. "Though I would advise resting your leg as much as possible if you want it to heal as quickly and cleanly as possible. And yes that includes riding. It will only be for a day or two until the herbs have done their work. It really shouldn't take long. These are powerful herbs."

Gently he set her foot down and went to check the herbs. "Seeing how your leg has already started the healing process I can tell you tend to heal quickly. So you'll be back up on Taima very soon. In fact I do want you to ride him home. Stay off of your leg as much as you can."

Syrran
She nodded but never caught his eyes when he looked at her. " Okay. Though I doubt that Taima is quite ready to go. Perhaps we should sit a while and let them have a bit more time." More time more time...doing what? That might end up awkward, but she didn't want to pull Taima away just yet.

Tai began to get quite hot, though he wasn't about to leave. He nudged her muzzle with his own and smiled " You know what Ayita?"

Foalen
Waving his long fingers over the pot he had set on the fire, foalen smiled up at Lequoia"Oh I still need to finish steeping the herbs, that takes a little while so I think Taima and Ayita will have pleanty of time together. Perhaps while we wait you could tell me more of riding? I would love to learn how. Ayita seems to want me to try it too." He said riminding her of the time the painted mare had accidently pushed him into the river while trying to get him to mount.

Outside Ayita turned to look into Taimas eyes held there by some magic she didn't know the name for her heart beating so fast she felt like it might fly away at any moment. "What, Taima?" She asked quietly though her voice souded loud and akward to her ears.

Syrran
"..Oh.." She had forgotten that quickly. What was wrong with her now? Perhaps it was from being on her own too much lately. That must be it. " Yes I suppose they will won't they." She again thumbed one of the fringes from her pants and stared into the flames. "Riding? Well sure, I suppose I could tell you about riding. Though its the sort of thing that you learn by example and muscle memory. What would you like to know?"

His peircing blue eyes reflected in her large amber ones." I would be honored if you would be my mate." His voice shook ever so slightly, and a weight seemed to lift from him as he finished speaking.

Foalen
Ayita was glad it was getting darker out for she felt she must be glowing nearly as bright a red as the setting sun. Taima was clever, stong, handsome, and so many other wonderful things she couldn't help but like him. She had dream and secretly hoped he might ask her one day, but thought it was probably just a fantasy with so many other mares to chose from. To hear him actually say the words filled up her heart to bursting and she neghed happily unable to contain her joy. Leaning close she lipped his mane a little and wuffled sweetly. "I would be honored to have you as my mate." She wickkered again still unable to bleive this was happening and nuzzled him.

Syrran
He whinnied quite loudly with glee and nudged her happily. " I'm glad you said yes Ayita!" He nipped at her ear, at her muzzle and then at a lock of mane. He couldn't help but play now that all of the stress of the evening was gone.

She looked up as she heard Taima whinney, but quickly shrugged it off. She sighed and thought for a moment. " How about this...I will have you learn a few things on Tai for now, he should be alright about not forgetting what I've taught him. Hes calm and trustworthy just as long as there aren't any daisies around. For some reason he just really doesn't like them. Hopefully the I can get him used to them before spring hits and they're everywhere. Right now they're hard to find though so as long as we make sure, he will be completely quiet under you. It would keep him in shape and you can learn on him quite easily. Then I will help you transfer it over to Ayita. Well?"

Foalen
"Would you? That would be wonderful. I've been wanting to try and ride Ayita even since I realized she wanted it too, but I've been afraid that since i don't know anything about riding that I might hurt her in some way. Especialy after I saw the way that white man treated the soquili he brought with him. The poor creature looked as if he thought he was going to be struck at any moment. Not that I would ever rase a hand in anger twoards Ayita, but I've been around this tribe long enough to know that accidents come with learning to ride."

Pausing to smell the herbs he looked back up at Lequoia, "Thank you, I'd really apprechiate that. I would never want to harm Ayita though my ignorance."

Responding to Taima's playfull mood Ayita teased him back catching a lock of his mane in her teeth and giving it a gentle tug.

Syrran
Taima laughed and nudged her again. She really was a fun mare to be around. He had made the right choice in asking her, and on such a beautiful night! The stars were all around then as they huddled together.

She nodded and smiled "I understand what you mean, but there will be times when you won't be able to give in to her.You might need to use a stern tone at times. She is a good mare though, so I doubt you will have any problems. We will start when you feel ready.You know, its nice to have a purpose again. Sure, teaching you to ride doesn't qualify me as anything, but it gives me something to do in this tribe. Despite my hunting backround, I could never measure up to some of the others in this tribe."

Foalen
"I have a feeling that there are others who would like to learn to ride. If they see us practiing you may find yourself with more students than you want. And I am familiar with having to speak in a firm tone, it is a nessesity for a Shaman." He replied with a wry twist to his lips.

Syrran
She blushed. " Yes I suppose that's true. It would be nice to have a profession finally." She nodded and put her hand atop of Foalen's " Thankyou friend for helping me heal and giving me meaning."

Foalen
"Your welcome, I'm glad I could help you. Though I am sure you would have found a place for youself eventually. Things like that have a way of working themselves out." He said thinking of the dream he had for so long expected to have telling him to go back to his tribe of orgin and then realized again how he had all unkowing found his place right here in the Kiewani village.

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2005 9:30 pm
Foalen was so pleased with the pouch that his friend Anpo had made for him that he wanted to return the favor. So he poured over all the odds and ends a shaman collects in the course of his work and set aside the items that would come in usefull. A few dusty grey feathers, a hand full of beads some gut string and leather. He had a blade and could use that to make a form.

"Yes," He thought to himself in satisfaction, "This will do." He smiled as he set to work. His weaving skills were not so fine as Anpo's but it hardly mattered in this sort of craft. His own expertise would come in handy as he prayed over the gift while he worked. This dream catcher wouldn't be beautiful, but it would hold a part of his spirit within to guard the warrior woman's dreams.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:25 am
A fireside memory-

The fire crakled dancing before the apprencie shaman like the flickering thoughts though his mind as he watched the painted mare sleeping on the other side of the teepee. It wasn't overly large so the soquli took up a fair amount of room with most of Foalen's posession nested around her.

A smile tugged at his lips, he had a surprising amount of things for someone who had so reicently been a wanderer with nothing more than a small pack and his herb pouch. It was getting a little cramped. He would have to think about rebuilding the teepee come spring.

Leaning back so that he was on his side supported by an arm his eyes wandered back to Ayita's peaceful form. So much had happened in the short space of time that he had spent in the village. He was still himself and yet he felt like an enterly new person. Was that just becuae he was in a new place? Or was a certian four footed wind child responsible for the change?

Watching the mare he couldn't help but remember the exuberent little foal she had been. The first time he had ever laid eyes on her had been from a position similiar to the one he was in now. For when she chose to leave the confines of the beautiful basket that had protected her for so long she did so all at once, sprining up like a deer with a gleeful neigh. She landed ontop of Foalen, knocking him to the floor.

The he had stared into those brown eyes for what had seemed like an eternity. Though was probably a much shorter amount of time. Tiny tail swishing back and forth, Aytia nuzzled him by way of greeting, not really bothered by the fact that she was laying on him.

When he had gotten his breath back, for she was quite large even though she was a foal he had gently pulled himself out from under her and curled up next to her by a fire almost exactly like the one he was watching now.

Smiling softly in rememberence Foalen bent to his herbs. They needed crushing and steeping to be made into salves. He enjoyed this sort of work and more so the knowlages that he would never again be alone.  

Foalen

4,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 1:46 pm
Approaching the teepee, a small canine bounded before the small indian girl. It had been a while, almost 2 months, since Kaliska had seen one of the comrades she had befriend whilst searching for the old burial grounds. She would be suprise, when the small fox came across the the Shaman's home.

Since the adventure to the spirit's land, Kali had grown ever so slightly, still carrying her small woven bag. A few weeks after the group had seperated, she fell upon the small fox pup which roamed before her merrily. Huddled near a river, she decided to care for the creature, and name him. "Strider," She called over to him, spotting the others home just a few yards ahead of him. "Strider, come here." She didn't want her little familiar to be thought of as a predator to the owner of the home. "Wonder who lives here..." She murmured to herself, picking up the cobalt canine and approaching with caution.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff