Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
Naruto... what do you think of it in english? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

favorite out of the three
  naruto
  sakura
  sasuke
View Results

ninja_zabusa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:05 pm
god i hate how haku and zabusa sounded. They were like my favs and after that i lost almost all respect for them  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:19 am
Unfortunately, I have only seen the English version... I don't know what japanese was like.  

Calvinman

Pharaoh Anubis

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:51 pm
MyOhMai-chan
I've only seen the English version, but I'm pretty sure they've pronounced Sakura wrong...

Naruto says "Believe it!" waaay too much...

Thats the only thing that really annoys me cool  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:43 pm
i dont watch cause they changed most of the dialogue and they cant even pronouce the names right, anyway ive already watched up to episode 161 with subs and its really good i have also watched the movie  

Fenix117

Wasperine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:36 am
Hmmm really i like Naruto in english since I haven't seen it in japanese with subs. sweatdrop  
Tech Plague rolled 20 10-sided dice: 2, 4, 5, 3, 10, 2, 7, 2, 1, 6, 1, 8, 3, 10, 8, 5, 3, 9, 10, 4 Total: 103 (20-200)
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 10:53 am
Sasuke is .... there's no word for it  

Tech Plague

Professional Bloodsucker

Elastic Muffin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 4:26 pm
...you guys all suck D: I've seen many other animes and all the little important people ((main chararcters)) have their own saying, as for naruto it is Believe it! or in japanese it is Datte-bai-yo. And the names...if you have ever watched Card Captors when you were little as I am sure you have, that is when they pronounce Sakura wrong. Your supposed to say it fast. And for Naruto the only time they say his name wrong is when that girl for CN talks about it. Then last..the voices, I say for my opinion it is pretty good, and I have seen the Japanese too. Its not like they are going to make it exactly like the japanese voices. There would be no fun in it looking for new voices for the characters seeing what each country sees as how each should sound like. Oh and for Haku's voice, its perfectly fine. He's supposed to be girly and hes the same age of Naruto, around 12, its not like he's gone through puberty yet! o-o
thanks for reading my ranting XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:30 pm
atsumaru
Cartoon Network DESTROYED Naruto. They censored out the nose bleed, wth.
I liked the non-dubbed one so much more.

.Vaginal Fluids.

The Almighty Bush

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 10:31 am
It's a little strange since once you hear them in Japanese but what's annoying in name pronounciation. That's my problem with it...it's 'Nah-roo-toe' not 'Nay-root-o.' And Cartoon Network does not edit, Viz does for TV. America is different from the Japan there will be certain things this country will not tolerate for a show that is for children... Different cultures, bottom-line.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:07 am
The english dubb of Naruto isn't as bad as, say, the english dubb of Initial D (god, what they did to that wonderful anime is simply horrible!!!) or Street Fighter II the animated movie (they COMPLETELY changed the soundtrack, removing J-pop that was selected SPECIFICALLY for the fight scenes they're played with, and replacing it with ill-timed rock and metal....WTF???!!!).....but after a while, you get tired of hearing naruto talk, because the voice just gets to be annoying after long periods of time. Everybody else's voice is decent and the timing is on point.  

Joe_Higashi365

roronoa_zoro51

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:14 pm
mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:28 pm
Well i like the anime... but i think Narutos voice is really annoying.... and they took lots of stuff out of the anime.....Haku is my fav character  

Dark_Fluffy-Chan

Icha Icha Kakashi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:35 pm
I really don't like the english version. The whole "BELIEVE IT!" phrase has been so reitterated.. it's over-used. It's annoying. But at least they tried.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:13 pm
I'm a die hard Sub fan 3nodding  

Kinta the Skank

Oi Kyon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:27 pm
They should put back the violence, and the character voices need to be changed, they don't sound like they really should  
JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games