Human Breast Milk for Ice Cream??
  Yes, it's better
  No way, keep the cow's milk
View Results

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:02 pm
La Belle Isolde
So it's okay to do to people but not animals?

We can consent; they can't.

Not my opinion, FYI. Just one of the reasons I've seen given for stuff like this. (Joining a vegetarian guild is enlightening and scary. x_X)

Quote:

And why is eating other animals wrong but it's okay for lions to eat zebras and for eagles to eat fish and so on?

Well, not all animals are capable of surviving on vegetarian diets. Lions and other cats just don't have the body to eat plants, as an example. Many humans are quite capable of being vegetarian, and this point in our development.

I personally don't have a problem with humans eating meat, even if I don't do it myself; just explaining from a more extreme-vegetarian view, that's all.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:04 pm
Beside the already mentioned "WTF?" and "Gross!" and the general consensus that PETA is mostly made up of idiots.

First, we've breed (meaning through interbreeding we have mutated our cows to produce loads of milk) these cows to produce lots of milk so
a) in reality can these cows survive with out being milked or have we screwed their genes too much? and
b) so what the hell are we supposed to do several trillion cows that are essentially out of work and purpose in live?

I'm 100% against taking advantage of any thing including little critters and even the rock we live on. But is a happy medium really that much to ask? The cow's purpose is to give milk so let the cow serve its purpose for pete's sake!

Also I've heard that PETA is against having pets and pounds and all that BS about letting cat and dogs be free...
Again we've mutated these critters to be pets, they can't, I repeat can't survive in the wild very well and for very long. (Let's not even mention there isn't much "wild" left for them) (let's also not mention the disastrous affects they'd have on already strained ecosystems)

I'd love to go up to a PETA idiot with a truck load of homeless pets and dump the whole tuck load in their backyard and tell them "There, now their free! But don't call me to come feed them or clean all their s**t off your lawn. They're free now, they're not pets, and taking care of them would be enslaving them to pet-dom!"
That would shut them up in an instant.

Kalib

Dangerous Admirer

13,365 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Married 100
  • Survivor 150

Serious Erius
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:04 pm
mhhnghjhahbbabhahahahha....
DX
Ew...that...is like...Oh my gah...
I dont want no ice cream from some middle aged womans teats...who probably gets off at the thought of me eating her ice cream she got like...sucket out by some...sort of...contraption..aaaaah probably one of those sleazy people with loose lips and smeared lipstick and blue eyeshadow and moles with hairs and gghsjafdsf
FGHFDDGSDGSDGDS

I have nothing else to add...this is insane...  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:52 pm
Kalib
I'd love to go up to a PETA idiot with a truck load of homeless pets and dump the whole tuck load in their backyard and tell them "There, now their free! But don't call me to come feed them or clean all their s**t off your lawn. They're free now, they're not pets, and taking care of them would be enslaving them to pet-dom!"
That would shut them up in an instant.

Actually, they'd probably sue you for harassment and gross negligence of pets (because there are no laws dealing with "freed" animals of this nature).
Then again, we're talking about the same organization that disagrees with the pounds/kennels/homeless animal shelters on the euthanization polices, yet has put down more animals in one year than any such institution for "humane purposes."
PETA does not stand by what it was supposed to be. It stands under the banner of an extremist faction that views "drastic measures" as compulsory, and to be taken frequently.
They are misguided fools, brainless idiots following a tainted ideal that blinds them to the horrors that they commit. They go too far, too often, and involve too many people in pointless squabbles.
If you can't guess, this organization gets no love from me. But then again, I belong to my own PETA, which stands for People Eating Tasty Animals.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

PandyChibi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:01 pm
Good one Ervie! I'd join! *thumbs up* blaugh
Back on topic....I would find that creepy *shivers* I guess its more natural but still...that would be strange for me. I'm quite used to cow's milk... Where would they ever get any willing women to do that anyway?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:20 pm
xd Ah, you people. <3

It's a good point- where are they going to find women willing to spend their lives lactating to provide breast milk for the huge consumer market? Even if it's just for ice cream, think about how much ice cream is produced and sold. There are whole sections of the super markets for just ice cream. Considering how little milk one woman can produce on her own, they're going to need a whole lot of willing women just to get enough milk to make ice cream. It's not practical. If they want to offer the option of having breast milk ice cream, then they can go right ahead and try it to see how well it's recieved by people, but I seriously doubt that many people are going to want to give it a try.

And someone brought up the point of what they would do with all the cows. Really, what are they going to do? Release them into 'the wild'? Or is PETA ok with them all being slaughtered for beef and leather- it's just being milked that's the problem?  

Alantie Mistaniu

palnoki

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:36 pm
I think liek all things a choice should be presented and if oyu wantot eat breatmilk icecream and cheese you buy it and consume it. But you have ot realise many people don't want that based on their wants so offer cow diary products as well. Also human breat milk is much better for you I have to agree but a cultural voodoo is built up around drinking it so it does have as many studies for health as cow milk does. I personally don't want to consume it due to saftely of the milk, many different woman would be needed for that much milk and very few disease are cross species but breast milk can harbor any human disease so there is a safety aspect I think people might overlook.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:41 am
I'm trying desperately hard to take PETA seriously, but I can't get the image of lactating women in a factory out of my mind. xd Y'know, sitting there in their cubicles, pumping out milk while talking to each other about the weather...it's just too surreal.

Taeryyn
....Well, not all animals are capable of surviving on vegetarian diets. Lions and other cats just don't have the body to eat plants, as an example. Many humans are quite capable of being vegetarian, and this point in our development.

Interesting thought about carnivorous animals. It makes me wonder if each and every one of us converted and became vegetarians, would our bodies then eventually adapt and make us herbivores? biggrin

My science teacher once said that some immunity to disease can be passed on from mother to child through breastmilk (which is why breast feeding is so good for them). Does this mean that if breastmilk were used to create ice cream and cheese, and the like, then we'd all gain a little more immunity, perhaps? 8O

...I'm just throwing ideas around. If PETA can, then why can't I? 8DDD;;  

Omochii

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:49 am
Kals is questing again!
Most of the antibodies actually only show up in the first 6 to 12 months after birth. Most of the antibodies and leukocytes are in the colostrum, which is the stuff that is produced for the first couple of days after giving birth and before true "milk" production begins.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:37 am
PETA is nuts, i agree with having animal rights, but they have gone overbord with the whole thing.  

XxAngelxxForeverxX2

Omochii

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:05 pm
Kalstolyn
Kals is questing again!
Most of the antibodies actually only show up in the first 6 to 12 months after birth. Most of the antibodies and leukocytes are in the colostrum, which is the stuff that is produced for the first couple of days after giving birth and before true "milk" production begins.

Kals' Collaborative Crossword Puzzle!
PM for details!
Oh wow biggrin ~~

I think that's rather brilliant...although it does ruin any hope of creating antibody cheese, or antibody ice cream, gosh darn it! xd  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:00 am
Human breast milk??? UGGGGG!!!!!!  

Shannalee_Lace

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:24 am
Wow that's..... interesting. sweatdrop I'm against PETA's view on this issue. Jee, what a surprise.

Only about 20% of people can consume dairy products after the age of two without and negative effects. Most people don't really notice them, but lactose intolerance is, in fact, the majority.

Actually human breast milk is generally better for people, and they have less reactions on average than to cows milk... but still, people are designed to usually become intolerant of it after a certain age.

And also, even men can lactate. Not very much at all though, not enough to sustain a baby. Usually they lactate from things like a prolactin-secreting tumor in their pituitary gland, hormonal treatments for prostate cancer, extreme starvation (as observed in prisoners of war), and constant massage and stimulation of the n****e over a long period of time. So if PETA really got desperate... xd I kid, I kid.

Anyways, I think that it would be a huge waste to stop the cows from being milked. Like, I know it could be done more humanely, but why don't they work on petitioning for standard humane conditions for cows instead of this? Makes more sense to me. razz  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:03 am
"demean" a cow......are cows like a sign of honor or something these days? I mean just listen to it a bit, What do cows do that gives them this sense of better treatment? they sit there and eat and crap on everything, not very honorable. Plus I'm surprised PETA isn't constantly attacking the chinese for getting their cows drunk to richen the meat.

Honestly is a horrible idea because its not only bad for production rate because it will take like 30 or more women to do what 1 cow can do and because this isn't fit criteria for ALL women because they have to be like 3 months into pregnancy to even start producing milk which i imagine them using for their own child and not producing ice cream and men are practicly useless in the field, but the fact its ironic. I mean really, we are going to demean our own kind and women most of all (i'm sure feminist groups would LOVE to hear that) so cows don't feel "demeaned"

Really I don't think cows give a s**t, i mean if you shoot them only a few will be scared by more then just the noise, you could probably just take one behind a building and kill it silently and the other cows wouldn't notice for a pretty long while. But at this its kind of like we are lowering women (for the most part cause sme men will participate i'm sure....all 5 ounces worth XD) into a cows level which will greatly cause tons of issues among society to demean women. Plus I don't think we need any more health issues because we wanted to make cows feel better even though they won't notice.

Another thing is if we stopped milking cows then wouldn't it just put even more of them all into the slaughter house for meat? Really I think PETA will work against themselves if they do this and they'll just start whining even more when the cows they fought to make feel better are being served at a steak house. As you can see I hate PETA razz

So really I don't see this happening and even if it did we would have so many problems that we would just revert back to where we are now. Or some renegades will kill PETA, either way it works :3  

Red Glacier

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:30 am
...at least I'd still have a job then...  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff