Submit

Do you want to see Twilight?
  Oh yeah!
  Psh...no
  Dont care (Poll Whore)
View Results

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:17 pm
I don't really know what to think about Twilight... I don't take it very seriously, so to me the sheer level of fail was entertaining... I was pleased not with the actual series nor the movie so much as I was pleased that I was amused by them. Maybe not in the intended way, but whatever.
Anyway, Robert Whatever looks fine in guyliner.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 8:45 am
Twilight is the s**t and thats all I gotta say.  

Spokane Native 2609

Sweet Sex Symbol

11,875 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
  • Friendly 100

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:05 am
I've heard mixed things about both books and movie and I'm not inclined to look into either.

Just like Harry Potter, it has a big crazed fan base which turns me off.

But even with out that, the wikki synopsis did not make me interested in reading it so that is where it will end. If I have nothing to do when the movie turns up on HBO I might look at it.

In talking to people who have read it though, apparently the casting was one of the movie's biggest problems in doing the book justice. I wouldn't know but that is no surprise, they always mess up something.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:32 pm
Well, I guess this thread is fixing to be useful again soon, in light of recent announcements. rolleyes  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Kandii Gurll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:58 pm
Twilight is pretty good. But sometimes i'm really slow and can't understand some things.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:34 am
What does that have to do with Twilight?  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:02 pm
Taeryyn
(omg i luv edward can't wait 4 de movie omfg so excited i cud shoot myself!!!!!!!!)

My first reaction was literally, "Really!?! Please do!!" biggrin
Which is kinda mean ><

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:30 am
OMG....i hecka love twilight dat movie iz like da best movie for 08
i'm waiting for new moon to come out and dat iz gonna take 4ever
and da new moon trailer mite come out on May soo i hope dat movie
izz gonna b a good one....lol
I'm a Twilight lover and a twilight fan!! =)
heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

tiffanyx10

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:25 pm
I read the back of the Twilight cover. Sadly that was enough for me to equate it to the literary version of a diuretic. I will not be reading that particular bit of writing. Ever. Ms. Meyers is not going to rot my brain.

When it comes to my fluff reading, I'll stick to The Inheritance Cycle. I like dragons. That's as far as I'll go. Vampires don't thrill me at all. I guess I fail at being a girl...yet again.

I might watch the movie when it comes out on HBO because then I won't have to waste any money on it. Besides, I hear that this time the movie is better than the book. I'll just make sure I'm good and liquored up for it so I can enjoy it. Thal doesn't do so well with romantic anything. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:44 pm
all my friends started to read twilight sooo i was like "what the heck? it's just another book." Unfortunately, it became a drug to me. I've read all four books, I'm reading the fourth one AGAIN. I begged my mother to buy the DVD. Personally, not because im a twilight fan, I liked the movie overall just as a movie with all the cool effects, dialouge, and screen shots. I can't lie some shots they filmed were AMAZING. And plus, I DIDN'T EVEN LIKE BELLA AND EDWARD IN THE MOVIE. I actually liked everyone else.

Plus, I also heard they're kicking Rob Pattinson and Taylor Lautner off New Moon. (just a rumor) and Dakota Fanning is playing as Jane in the second movie (that's fact)  

Leader of the Penguins

Beloved Elder

7,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • First step to fame 200

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:50 pm
I'm currently hosting a contest in the ATG clan...

Ok, Twilight. No. Looks stupid, as do the books. My ex-girlfriend is a Twilight fangirl, and when we were still together she tried to get me to read the book. I consider myself lucky that I broke up with her soon afterwards, though not for being a crazy Twilight-tard. I must say though, I'm proud to be a Stephen King fan!!

...The prize is 5k. Why not swing by and check it out?

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:07 pm
Especially since Stephen King can lay a literary smackdown on most other writers, right? I believe Meyers has been on the business end of his rapier wit on at least one occasion.  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:28 pm
Indeed... with Jo Rowling being the happy beneficiary in at least one case. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:39 pm
The movie was awesome when i saw it. now i'm gonna buy it.  

sweet baby lamb

schklueter

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:00 pm
i thought that the movie was okay. but the book was much better. i think most people think that as well. but usually thatz cuz when they make a movie based off a book, they usually take small fragments out of the book. or they add some extra parts.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff