Submit

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:28 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Looking for a job anywhere these days sucks. I have a job working security at a high school but it still doesn't pay enough. I am barely getting by on what I'm making, hence why I am looking for a second job. One that has benefits, more hours, and is better than this bullshit I am dealing with here lol.

Good luck to you guys though.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent."
~Anonymous

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.[ No, you can't use my tribal images. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:04 pm
Everytime I turn around someone has lost thier job. I am one of thoes people. I lost my job in November, after they had already let me work half the shift evil I have one more semester (the summer) and I'll have my degree's( yes it's plural, as in 3). There are no jobs where I live and the unemployment rate is 12%. Good luck to anybody looking for a job. ninja  

taytay75

September Wolf

Wintry Dragon

21,150 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:47 am
It's hard out there - looks like everyone is having the same experiences.

Not sure how long my job will last - half my department has gone, and my job is looking really insecure... just got to wait and see what happens over the next month.

Good luck to all here who are looking for work.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:59 am
Everything I've worked in (foot wear, electronics, textiles) has gone under or gone to China. mad
I'm in the TAA program studying Graphics Design now because I'm running out of options.
I don't really want to use my art as my work, but I don't know what else to do. This part of NC is totally dried up for decent jobs. It's like they've decreed this county will just be residential for the commuters who work in Greensboro or the Research Triangle from now now, and we should be content to just work in fast food, stores, hotels and gas stations in service to the people with the fancy townhouses taking over the area.... scream

Eirwyn

JupieStarPower6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:28 pm
fr34x0r
my biggest problem is motivation and finding work I can actually do, mentally(anxiety) and physically(bad arm)

I'm in the same position. I have bad anxiety and don't do well in social situations. So it is really hard for me to find a job. It's nice to know someone else is going through the same. Good luck with the job hunt.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:37 pm
Small town = hard to find jobs.
I have one but Now i only work one day a week and that isnt enough.
I used to be full time, and it slowly turned to one day.
I know anyday it will be 0 days. crying  

Eienchi

I-onishi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:37 pm
I can sympathize with everybody else here. I haven't exactly been fired or anything but the thing is the hour just keep getting cut more and more. Cant pay my bills and eat , and Im trying to go to school and that take out another what 20 plus my internship. Grrr .... Poor all of us.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:37 pm
I have a steady job as a marketing rep for a large corporation, and boy am i lucky that i wasn't laid off  

LFTDG33k

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:50 am
I've had two friends laid off: one in advertisement and one in machine operating. *shakes head* Good luck to everyone looking.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:41 am
I've been looking for two, going on three years now. I got a BA in history, but it turns out no one is hiring in my field. Plus the area I live in is pretty dead unless you want to work the steel mill, and I don't even want to think about how desperate I'd need to be for that - Dad used to work there before he retired, so I know the hell-hole that it is. I'm just lucky I can stay with my parents and exchange housework for food and a roof. I'm overqualified for anything around here and underqualified for most of the jobs that do open in my field. Argh!

Oops...somehow that came out a little ranty. sweatdrop  

Lady_Phenyx

5,050 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200

Wixandrettas

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:50 am
My future sister-in-law and her boyfriend are 16 and they are trying to find work. We had a heart-to-heart with them and explained how difficult it is to obtain work here unless you can find a McDonalds who prefer to hire kids. We told them, just concentrate on school for right now. Getting a job at the moment is just not going to happen over night. Consider waiting until the summer.

My fiance and I ended up being pretty lucky. He works as a Delivery truck driver and does auto repairs on the weekends. I work in a very large hospital here in New Hampshire. They dont tend to lay off in our environments... although lately, I have seen 9 people go in 8 months where I work. A combination of people laid off, being terminated and people giving notice. Not a good combination to be around for me and when I see activity like that, I start looking around to put my resumes out for sure!

Thankfully another large hospital in my neck of the state is looking for a very specific position to fill doing compliance and auditing work of medical records which is right up my alley. My resume was already submitted by the agency I am affiliated with (RHI) and with my credentials, it looks like a shoe in AND a HUMONGOUS fat raise.. I really could use the money right now let me tell you.... so, if that job hires me, I will finally be free of this hostile environment that I am in right now... .I just cant take the chance of getting laid off.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:25 pm
i found a job but i lost it cause i was sick and i didn't go to training XP  

bellaxxmuerte

6,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Hygienic 200

greengal48

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:13 am
I was going to school for graphic design when everything when down hill. I've been in and out of jobs ever since with most of them not even dealing with graphic design. I'm trying to freelance, which is also difficult. Temping is keeping me afloat for now but still... My prayers are with all of you. It will end and hopefully before things become too bad...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:55 am
well I posted about the first page about how I was a temporary employee and they were planning to let me go, but then out of the blue they decided to close one of the call centers for the company in another state.We are now swamped with their calls (which everyone calls to ask questions, but no one buys anything).It gets old because seriously, the new calls we get are for a catalog who focuses on soon to be mothers.They are MEAN, and grouchy, and nothing is ever a good enough answer!((VENTS)) Your new born baby will not care what shade of blue that bumper in the crib is and its on sale for 60% off so get over it! (breaths) I feel better but it is still a job so I guess its better than nothing.  

Creepy Clown Town

lost and broken inside

Naughty Girl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:16 pm
i had to move back to nebraska. i was living in AZ but got fired from my job i lost my apartment and now i am back with my mom... its been almost 6 months since i worked cuz no one want to hire due to bad economy  
Gaian Geezers Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff