Welcome to Gaia! ::

Why Not?

Back to Guilds

No rules, just Fun! Join today. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Polls, Spam 

Reply "AHD" Avatar and Home Discussion
whats the theme of your avi Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Dye Number Three

Lonely Lunatic

12,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:08 am
I hate that the shoes don't quite match!!! And the other thing is that the Fausto's Bottle is off by one or two shades. I like to think that I have an eye for color, on here at least, so I have a tendency to look for obscure colors. Maroon is one fo them. Never done a maroon avatar...

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:17 pm
Maroon is really difficult because it's an off-red and there are so many items that just don't match. There are blueish maroons and brownish maroons and reddish maroons and you need to have all of the items in the same scheme. v. frustrating. I applaud anyone who can do it well because that takes work.

V. nice new avi, btw!

Mine is just playing with the elegant veil. (Another item that is really hard to match >.<)  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

fading_clover

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:53 pm
O: nice ava yourazuregoddess, <3, i actually made an ava using the elegant veil also. and yes maroon is difficult, never managed to use it well in an avatar.

here's the one with the elegant veil (:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:45 pm
fading_clover
O: nice ava yourazuregoddess, <3, i actually made an ava using the elegant veil also. and yes maroon is difficult, never managed to use it well in an avatar.

here's the one with the elegant veil (:
User Image

That's really pretty. Very nice matching with Fausto. (I think that's another item that looks great if you're careful and looks awful if you don't match it well)  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

Red Dye Number Three

Lonely Lunatic

12,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:40 pm
Fausto's Bottle has a strangely varied color palette for being animal themed. Usually those sorts stick to one main color theme.
Anybody ever noticed that? The culture/country EIs just do whatever, but creature/animal ones always have that driving color.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:00 pm
Red Dye Number Three
Fausto's Bottle has a strangely varied color palette for being animal themed. Usually those sorts stick to one main color theme.
Anybody ever noticed that? The culture/country EIs just do whatever, but creature/animal ones always have that driving color.

Yeah *nodnod* many do. I was surprised when Fausto's bottle went 'firey' from the dreamy purple. I really enjoyed that evolution.  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

fading_clover

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:12 pm
yes, i was also surprised when the Fausto's bottle color changed, but the evolution is still pretty. Btw cute new avatar RDNT <3  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:49 pm
spring! smile  

sugar2rage

Red Dye Number Three

Lonely Lunatic

12,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:07 pm
Oh, call me Red. Everybody does, anyway.
Since we're on an EI tangent, I don't really understand the basis of the Biancamella. I know that the theme was the little sugar guardian or sugar fairie, but where did that come from? Pepper Tea seemed to just pull that out of nowhere. (She's the artist for it. I like to keep tabs on her, since she also did Picolitrosso's Urn and the Reve Rouille.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:22 pm
red, do you change your avatar daily? impressive ^^, and yes i noticed that, but i still like the biancamella because the pink has a nice shade to it.  

fading_clover

Cobalt Soul Fox

Cobalt Soul Fox

Ghost Buster

29,900 Points
  • ReAnimated 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:38 pm
A fox looking for love (not that I don't have enough love as it is). Vote for me in week 15!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:52 pm
Yeah, I actually do. Sometimes I don't, but that's out of laziness or affection for my work. The rare occasion that I'm not online isn't unheard of either.

Red Dye Number Three

Lonely Lunatic

12,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

fading_clover

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:08 pm
nice ava, interesting color combo :]  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:39 pm
Thanks. I just started with the cape and went from there.

Red Dye Number Three

Lonely Lunatic

12,150 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

fading_clover

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:45 pm
cool, that's usually what i do when i am making another dream ava. if there's a specifical item i like, i base the theme on that item.  
"AHD" Avatar and Home Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff