Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:35 pm
Your Lord and Master has arrived
Umm....I have one comment to make, look at the last quote it says A "relatively new post:
Dictionary.com Wrote:
vamp (n.)
"seductive woman," 1911, short for vampire. First attested use is earlier than the release of the Fox film "A Fool There Was" (January 1915), with sultry Theda Bara in the role of The Vampire. But the movie was based on a play of that name that had been a Broadway hit (title and concept from a Kipling poem, "The Vampire"), and the word may ultimately trace to Bara's role. At any rate, Bara (real name Theodosia Goodman) remains the classic vamp."
short for vampire
I like potatoes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:37 pm
Yeah. I know. That's a newer post on the dictionary site. It's got no citation and just because it's on dictionary.com doesn't mean that the other two, better-cited definitions, are not more accurate. Just saying.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:09 pm
If it was on Wikipedia, I would have said that people can alter info to their liking...and it would prob be wrong...
I like potatoes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:41 pm
MadmanTheOneWhoStalksYou
You have a weak stomach, deal with it
What about this Third Generation thing? I dun think they can harm me....even if they were to figure out where I live...they still couldn't hurt me...
I like potatoes

HAHA! Classic.  

Milk and Holy Water

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:46 pm
Classic??? Wtf are you talking about??? I don't know what the Third Generation thing is...so they can't harm me...
I like potatoes

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:27 am
rolleyes
No, it was on reference.dictionary.com, which I quoted. That usage, while used once in a movie as slang for vampire, does not actually mean "creature of the night" in that sense. It means "part of a shoe" (I didn't know that one,) or "prostitute."
Secondly, he's making fun of you. And just because you don't know something doesn't mean it's not true or dangerous. (I don't believe in vampires, but still. "I don't believe that person has a gun" =/= "He can't shoot me.")
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Dinosaur Next Door

TeDdY_bEcHiA16

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 6:53 pm
I believe in witches, not in those that fly in a groom bla bla, in my country witches suck blood from just born babys, witches canĀ“t carry them either, babys are supposed to wear a red bracelet when born to protect themself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:58 pm
I usually don't believe something till I see clear cut proof. Aliens on the other hand are just a possibility. It's a big gaping universe so it's a mathematical probability but contact or encounters with such extraterrestrial life would be unlikely.  

Phaeton

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 1:13 am
any who.........I believe that most things are invisible t us because we don't believe in said things...which proves why no one has set proof of any known myth except the ones that believe, but those guys' stuff get thrown out the window because the person they showed it to doesn't believe so s/he can't see it...  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:36 pm
To be quite honest... I kind of believe in all myths. Because, honestly... There is a little ounce of truth behind all of them. Take for instance the whole King Arthur myth. It's believed that there really was a Kind Arthur who married a Guinevere and who had a mentor named Merlin. Or take the myths of dragons and vampires. Every culture has it's own version of both of these mythical creatures even though these cultures are worlds apart. It would be only odd coincidence that all these different types of people would have stories of essentially the same creatures. Granted, the majority of these myths are embellished beyond belief, it just takes someone to sort through the made up to find the real.

On the case of Gods... I happen to be Pagan, so I obviously believe in the Gods and Goddesses of ancient times. However, I do not believe them to be actual beings living in some sacred place. They are different energies that comply with the different needs we all have. And that's how I believe them to have been originated for in the ancient days.

Either way, I'm not trying to turn this into a religion based thing for those who may misinterpret this. Gods are just seen as another type of mythology and I figured I throw that in there too.  

HorrendousFlights

4o9

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 3:33 pm
Bigfoot. More and more evidence is beginning to show that it's not actually a myth.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff