I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Character Mantras We All Hate. =] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should I add a section in which the most famous lines that make us all twitch are remembered? (for example: Pendragon remembered Navi's infamous "Hey, Listen!")
  Yes.
  No.
  I don't know.
View Results

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:56 pm
O_o
I hope this wasn't a video game thread. I don't know video games.
But, uh.
As much as I love Stewie from Family Guy, my sis has taken to saying "what the deuce?" and it makes me want to punch her.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:05 pm
I'm pretty sure this isn't a video game thread Steph, I think any characters are fair game

With that said I hated the phrase "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" with a passion that burned brighter than the sun. I had to listen to my friends say it repeatedly all the freakin time, you have no idea how badly I wanted to set the entire damn South Park show on fire  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:08 pm
Yeah. That show's only funny for like ten minutes. Then it's like, "come up with something new to crack on."
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:12 pm
I never got that show, I still don't know why its so popular or why my friends insist I should watch it  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:14 pm
There's almost always something better to watch. The only people I know who like South Park are miserable with their lives and easily amused on top of that.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:18 pm
The funny thing is, except for liking South Park, my friends seem like pretty intelligent people...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 pm
See (and this is gonna sound harsh,) most of my friends are destined to be losers if they keep living the way they do now. That must be the difference...

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:44 pm
That is highly possible Steph...  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:52 pm
>.>...I watch South Park T.T  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:42 pm
Of course, we don't mean you. We've both watched it, too.

The Dinosaur Next Door

Grim Sidhe

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:57 pm
oh, here's another one:
"ay, caramba!"

that one has just plain died after... how many years have the simpsons been showing?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:03 pm
Trish the Stalker
"Padme... nooooooooo"

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

>.<
that whiney part.

oh, oh!
"[insert anyone's name here]... I AM YOUR FATHER."

Grim Sidhe

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:45 pm
MadmanTheOneWhoStalksYou
Your Lord and Master has arrived
What about Tael??? She does the same thing in MM and she does it more frequently, also, the "Hiyah!!!" and constant grunts on the Zelda games made me want to go into the game and rip out Link's noise box, then shoot Navi and Tael with a bow, a fire arrow to be exact, that way they suffer for all eternity, and any other useless sound effect made by speechless characters...
I like potatoes
People can no longer cover their eyes.

No. In Majora's Mask, Tatl and Tael (I really hope I'm not the only one getting tattletail from that) Make a "TING TING TING" bell-like noise. That's not as bad. Navi was bad in my oppinion because her grasp at the obvious was unassailable. She always pointed out the obvious stuff, and blandly at that. Navi seemed too mechanic to me. Tatl, Ezlo, and Midna all seem to have an attitude, they are much more developed characters.

As far as Links sound effects go, think about this: Would it be better to have Link remain totally silent while he fights?

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:18 pm
Your Lord and Master has arrived
Umm...it would be better if he was a mute...
I like potatoes

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Roland Karloseth

Invisible Hunter

9,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 11:33 pm
People can no longer cover their eyes.

That would be more irritating. While I do agree that Link's yells are irritating, Total silence would be bad as well. Nintendo needs to find a nice happy medium, which I believe they did well with in Twilight Princess.

If this disturbs you, then walk away.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces