Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
ITT: Food That Sounds Disgusting But Might Actually Be Good Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

God-The-RapistV1

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:24 pm
User Image
I love head cheese. I once ate an entire batch to myself. I also like Mincemeat and Chutney and some people think those are gross.

I also forgot blood pudding and Heart and Kidney pie for my list.

--------------------------------------------
I`M SELLING MY INVENTORY! WIN 150,000 GOLD CLICK HERE!
Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:29 pm
that... is a lot of stuff GTR, I bow at your list and weird crap eating abilities  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:32 pm
I've had a pig blood stew thingy (dinaguan). It's funny...a lot of my relatives commend my brother and I for being able to eat that even though we know what it is XP A lot of my aunts and uncles stopped eating it after their parents told them what it was.

I've never had Head cheese but it doesn't look particularly appetizing >.>

Yay for chicken hearts? I've never eaten them, but every time I pass by a pack of them in the Chinese Market places, I poke at them =P It amuses me...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:35 pm
User Image
Chances are that most people here have eaten gizzards and not even known about it. A lot of people use them for stuffing.

--------------------------------------------
I`M SELLING MY INVENTORY! WIN 150,000 GOLD CLICK HERE!
Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV1

lazycommie

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:41 pm
Ugh, I can't stand stuffing!  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:44 pm
I love my family's stuffing, its a combo of veggies, ground beef and a sauce made with chipotle... we don't do no freakin bread stuffing like you usually see here in the US  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

Sentama Lin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:04 pm
Oddly enough, GTR, the stuff you've mentioned doesn't sound all that bad. But then again, I'm usually pretty adventurous when it comes to food.

To clarify, it's not really the taste that would bother me; the process of making consomme would theoretically make enough gelatine get into the stock since... well... all the bones and stuff used to make it. The flavour, no doubt, would probably be amazing. However, I don't know if I would enjoy the texture very much. At least, I don't think I'd enjoy Aspic if it was only Aspic I was eating (like... a gelatine dish with Aspic).

That said, one way that I would be willing to try it is if it's like a lamb and mint aspic spread on a cracker.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:52 pm
lazycommie

Lark's tongue in aspic. Sounds good AND if you know who did a song called that I'll give you a thousand gold.

On to the topic:

Canned bacon. Yep, it's bacon in a can. It's actually pretty good, but the concept of eating canned bacon isn't normally very appetizing until you have it.

Off topic, it's by King Crimson. Yay for Google. I'll have to get it on my iPod now.

On topic. potted meat is great. Added to my list of odd foods consumer are cellophane noodles in ricotta cheese and tomato sauce, pickled calamari, capers (they look like bunny turds), sardines in tomato sauce, almost every single soup experiment I've ever made, skittle cookies, purple cabbage soup with hot sauce, and roadkill.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:58 pm
Potted meat in a sandwich is pretty good ^.^ My brother absolutely loves that though.
And I like capers, too...

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:00 pm
User Image

I LURVE the blood pudding! I've eaten it since I was a little girl, mind you my family IS scottish! 3nodding

Lin, just so you know, GTR is in love with jello so this meat jello intrigues him!

I think I can safely say that I would try any type of fruit! We've eaten Dragonfruit, it was ok. I was expecting more flavour from it. It was rater mellow to me.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:04 pm
...Are you sure, GRM?
Cuz y'know....Durian's a fruit >.> And I know very very very few people that would actually even go near the stuff >.>

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:15 pm
User Image

Are you kidding me? Hell yes. It says it taste similar to a rich custard flavoured with almonds! Almonds are one of my favourite nuts, and custard... oh my god yum! I would totally try this. I would also like to see how I would react to the smell of it.
User Image

God-Raped-Me

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:49 pm
lazycommie
Start with ants. They're pretty nuetral tasting, but the least gross.

I see someone else leaves their food out on the counter over night as well to get a bit more bang for their buck. ;D

invisible-weirdo
I've had a pig blood stew thingy (dinaguan). It's funny...a lot of my relatives commend my brother and I for being able to eat that even though we know what it is XP A lot of my aunts and uncles stopped eating it after their parents told them what it was.

What's in it again ? I'm feeling lazy. I made my friend go eat some with me because someone kept telling me how great it is. Must admit it was just can't remember what the hell was in it anymore x'D.

Hmm...do I have anything to contribute ? I don't ever pay attention to what it is. People just put stuff in front of me and I just eat it. I mean if a rose by any other name why not food right ? lol

The "weirdest" thing I can think of and maybe only because of the texture is when I had a pizza with these toppings:
Meats
Meatballs
Ham
Pepperoni
Grilled Chicken
Blackened Chicken
Italian Sausage
Anchovies
Applewood Smoked Bacon

Vegetables
White Onions
Artichoke Hearts
Black Olives
Mushrooms
Pineapple
Roasted Garlic
Roasted Peppers
Green Peppers
JalapeƱos
Fresh Cilantro
Sweet Corn
Fresh Basil  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:51 pm
The dinaguan? It's pig's blood and like chopped up meats and intestines (at least I think that's what the chewy bits are XP)  

invisible-weirdo

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 9:52 pm
All I remembered was blood. I was kind of hoping for the names of the meat lol. My friend said he tasted liver.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff