Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you know some mythology?
  yes
  no
View Results

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:55 am
Exactly. That's like what I said with the 'dragons are crocodiles' thing. Obviously not everyone saw that specific image of the 'monster,' but it travels through word of mouth and....yeah. =/  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:16 pm
Or someone was 16 century high. Either that or they had really bed vision, which is likly because as far as I know most people didn't have glasses back then.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:19 pm
User Image

They did.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

16th century eye glasses. 3nodding
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:21 pm
Blu: ....I'm sorry but that is just really retarded what you just posted -_- I don't care if you were joking or anything, that is just....ugh. *facepalm*

Ok listen. I'm only saying that myths are created because people back then didn't know what the hell something was, or why it was doing what it did, so their mind goes in and tries to fill in the blanks, resulting in outlandish legends and myths. It's not because people were constantly high or because they had horrid vision (in all honesty, if your vision is that bad and it's in ancient ancient times (like most of the stuff I'm referencing), you'd probably die much sooner than your neighbors.). So yeah.

Also (something I should've said way back there): Myths travel! They evolve! When one civilization falls, their people and their stories are often still there.

invisible-weirdo

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:25 pm
Damn those glasses are pimp. surprised I want.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:35 pm
Nice glasses GRM xd

They'd die. rofl I'm sorry, I jsut find that SO funny.But, listen, I knwo what you meant, I meant about the high thing that there are records of poeple getting lost in the woods and eating mushrooms that gave htem a high. THen when they were rescued, they reported seeign strange things.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-The-RapistV2.0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:46 pm
User Image
That's it. ******** you, ******** this thread and ******** the guild rules (for the remainder of this post).

Blu, you're a moron. I can't even begin to fathom what must happen in your brain. Three people (excluding myself), who are much more intelligent than you, have come in and tied to explain to you that you have no ******** clue about anything you're trying to talk about and that you need to realize that your "six years" of study can be refuted by thirty seconds on Google and a little bit of common sense.

I'm sorry you have wasted those "six years" on this endeavor but please for the love of all that is good and intelligent in this stop. Just stop and never think about this again.

This thread, much like you, are a sham and it should be deleted on the sole fact that it was started with a fallacy and idiocy.

If I am wrong, please, with all of your "years" of research and training provide to me some actual proof that is not anecdotal in nature that ANYTHING you have said is possible.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:59 pm
If this thread is so stupid, why are you participating GTR? GRM brought up some very good points, as did the others, and I AM takign them into consideration. Please calm down and be patient.  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-The-RapistV1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:04 pm
User Image
WTF are you high on?!

There is no "Consideration" they are right and you are a moron.

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:16 pm
Stating things as opinions is so much more neat sometimes...GTR.
I'll have to mark you with an insult warning, I'm not taking any pleasure in it though, since, in my opinion, you're absolutely right.  

Serious Erius
Crew

Phaeton

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:35 pm
There's a reason why it's still called Mythology to this day. If it were proven it would be considered fact. If it were the case, I'd gain a couple of levels of Paladin and go utterly destroy every vampire in my path.

We already know that the universe isn't made of Tiamat's guts. Marduk shot her to hell with his great archery skills. *Holds up a copy of the Necronomicon.* There's your summoning tome right there. You had best pay your respects to Shamash or the sun will never come up again.

I remember hearing some time back that fundies were trying to pass off dragons in the bible as dinosaurs. (Cause the earth really and truly is only 6000 years old...) stare

Those glasses are pimp.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:29 pm
Phaeton
There's a reason why it's still called Mythology to this day. If it were proven it would be considered fact. If it were the case, I'd gain a couple of levels of Paladin and go utterly destroy every vampire in my path.

We already know that the universe isn't made of Tiamat's guts. Marduk shot her to hell with his great archery skills. *Holds up a copy of the Necronomicon.* There's your summoning tome right there. You had best pay your respects to Shamash or the sun will never come up again.

I remember hearing some time back that fundies were trying to pass off dragons in the bible as dinosaurs. (Cause the earth really and truly is only 6000 years old...) stare

Those glasses are pimp.

And I jsut study it for the fun of it. Of course it's not fact, but it's stil lfun to try and prove some of it's real.
Nice one. Bringing up Shamash was a very good fight. mrgreen
i'm baptist, but I belive in evolution, so...no real opinion on this one.
Aren[t they,though!? THey need to have that as an item, I would SO wear it! mrgreen

GTR, this is why i'll ignore your every post. You take things much too offensively. Now, this is something I'd rather you didn't answer, but honestly? Why do you even pay attention to me if you hate me so much? I jsut ignore poeple, shut them otu. So why don't you? If we obviously don't like each other, what's the point in talking to each other? True, they've probably learned more about than me, but I'm in HIGH SCHOOL and haven't gottne to COLLEGE yet. Hello, Captain Obvious, I have ot take them into consideration because yes, I am a school girl.There's nothing wrong with that. {End the frickin' argument already! I did nothing to you!}  

Skorndrick

Gracious Prophet

4,750 Points
  • Married 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tycoon 200

God-The-RapistV1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm
vrgnBlu
All right, I've bee nthinking and researching since I was a little kid, and i've come to the conclusion that a lot of mythological beasts were at sometime or another real.

vrgnBlu

For example, every ancient civilization has had a dragon in its culture in some way or another.

vrgnBlu

Since these civilizations had them thousands of years before meeting each other,

vrgnBlu

it makes sense, what with all the proof, that Dragons did at one time or another exist.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:05 pm
Dragons were mentioned in the bible as a -metaphor-. honestly if you're taking the book of Revelations literally i worry and that goes for everyone razz

all of Revelations is symbolic, and was made that way to keep the followers at that time safe from being killed by the government of that time for worshiping Christianity.

So really counting the Bible as a source for learning about dragons is gonna take you nowhere because in that aspect its a symbolic thing that has nothing to do with dragons  

Red Glacier

Shibaken

Lazy Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:28 pm
To be completely honest; that's insane. And this is coming from someone who believes in daemons, is a furry, and talks to an invisible snake.

Quote:
All right, I've bee nthinking and researching since I was a little kid, and i've come to the conclusion that a lot of mythological beasts were at sometime or another real.

lolwut?

Quote:
For example, every ancient civilization has had a dragon in its culture in some way or another.

Just ignore the Babylonians, the Romans, Inuit, Inca, Mayans, Aboriginies, and countless other nameless tribes, TEHY ALL HAD DRAGONZ!!!1! The only cultures I can think of that have dragons are certains parts of Medieval Europe, China, Japan, and if you count leviathans, Christianity.

Quote:
Since these civilizations had them thousands of years before meeting each other, it makes sense, what with all the proof, that Dragons did at one time or another exist.

Problem; THEY ALL DIDN'T CALL THEM DRAGONS. Wyrm, coatl, dragon, wyvern, azdahāg, lung/long, and others.

Quote:
Now, I have been having dreams about Selkies lately, and I need help trying to figure out why.

In my unprofessional a*****e-ish opinion; you are clingy or lovesick. Selkies lure men to them and become clingy parasitic lovers or are subservient housewives that only serve to get the husband a sammich.

Quote:

I've also had dreams about Vampires named Make-shifts or Make-kills, things that can transform into certain animals and can charm people into coming near them. I've had reacurring dreams about both things.

Make-shift? Make-kill? Sounds like a bad wolf character name. Guess what? THEY EXIST. They're called Skinwalkers. But even then, that's too loose. My diagnoses; overactive imagination.

Quote:
Anyone who can get me more information on Selkies and ANY information on the Make-kills will be greatly appreciated

Make-kills are Make-believe. Not to mention that is a retarded name.

GTR wins the thread. Just a side note.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces