Egypt - Now with Pictures! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Comment on pic 40 in album 4:
I think that might be Saint George? It looks like in the engraving(?), he's driving his spear into a dragon's face which coincides with the story of Saint George. Just sharing my thoughts...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:13 am
AlcoholicPancake
Ewwww Detroit... I hate that city, but it has an awesome airport... Take a small video of the fountain with dancing water if you can, I love that thing >_>

I agree! I have been stuck in that airport for up to four hours trying to get on a flight to Dallas! The ariport is like half of an entertainment place.  

YukiOfTheMightnightHour

5,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:23 am
User Image

Wow!!!!

I thought the bricks they used for the pyramids were like half the size they actually are! I was amazed to see the city thought it didn't look totally modernized. What was pricing like? Was food expensive or cheap? What would it cost for gift like stuff and so on?

They have some funny cars too! ^_^
User Image

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 2:06 pm
@weirdo: That sounds about right accually. I'll have to go back and fix that. Much thanks! ^^

@GRM: A lot of things were really cheap, but there were some things that were alot more expensive. We went to McD's one day, and I think I saved almost $6CDN on my meal. But then, when we went to the grocery store and bought Pringles (yeah, these are things you miss while in another country xD Pringles and MiccyD's) and they were about twice as much. You had to haggle for just about anything or you'd get ripped off.
Um, gft-type things varied.. It'd be a couple THOUSAND L.E. (egyptian pounds) for a pure egyptian silk carpet of any real size, but about a hundred for a small one (maybe 7"x12"?). Alot of the stuff you would get from street vendors would be knock-offs (a guy sold me a fake alabaster statue-ette for 8LE, but I like it anyway) but super cheap once you haggle them down. I got 2 real statues (though I don't remember what they're made from..) at an alabaster store and managed to get the price all the way down to 200LE from around 650LE. Prices pretty much depend on the quality of what you're buying and how good you are at haggling.

arrow $1USD = 5 egyptian pounds  

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash