Submit

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:23 pm
Wait so then he doesn't want us to talk or discuss just contemplate ? Damn my slow brain is slow! Oh I'm such a b*****d aren't I. >__>;;

Wait so what in God-Raped-Me's long post she's saying that my parents beating me up for not having/not wanting a tattoo at five is justification for beating me up ? Or my mother beating me up and calling me things for wanting to be friends with the nice quiet kids (twenty two and still the same) and telling me I'm not allowed to hang out with them but allowing nay making me demanding that I hang out with the actual gang members of this town all the damn time and associating me with one gang when I lived so close to the other one is something that I'll eventually look back on and say wow that makes so much sense ? ******** that I'll just shoot myself.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:34 pm
I don't think of it as being a child, so much as childish. And I don't mind childish people, I mind inapable people.
With regards to whether or not you're actually an adult when society brands you one, you make an excellent point, though if you really wanted to get something done about it, mre research would likely be necessary.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:35 pm
You know, just because one can look back and reflect on one's life experiences means nothing. This ability does not make one and adult or mark one's maturity. It just means one is able to reflect on one's memories.

Big whoop. People of all ages do that constantly. Heck, they even embellish upon them as time goes on.

If you want a real sign of "adult level maturity", the requirement should be that one can not only reflect on past experiences but also LEARN from them and act upon that new found knowledge.

And, yes, we all know GTR's post generally tend to come off as condescending in tone. That boy will always sound like he's ranting, even when he's not...just seems to be part of his posting style. rolleyes As arrogant as this one sounded in the beginning, there is scientific evidence to support these claims, so it really isn't much rant wise. We just need to remember that the scientific evidence only applies as a general rule, there will always be developmental exceptions to the rule. According to the notes from my childhood therapist, I was one of those exceptions. I'm not sure that being diagnosed as "constantly concerned about matters appropriate to an adult" is really a bragging point, but I can say I have documentation to prove I was thinking like an adult well before puberty hit.

And no, when I said matters appropriate to an adult, I did not mean sex...sheesh. Pervs.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:49 pm
Thaliat Everwood

And, yes, we all know GTR's post generally tend to come off as condescending in tone. That boy will always sound like he's ranting, even when he's not...just seems to be part of his posting style. rolleyes
User Image

You know I can not find a link now but I have read somewhere that 40% of things read online are misinterpreted because there is no body language or vocal tone to make implications.

Not that, that has anything to do with this topic.

EDIT:

Found it. http://www.csmonitor.com/2006/0515/p13s01-stct.html

--------------------------------------------

Art By: La Belle Isolde

God-The-RapistV2.0

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:27 pm
So saying that teenagers don't have the "Brain power" of an adult and that you won't argue with us isn't condescending at all? Not talking to someone who disagrees with you and raises and point isn't condescending? Being an a*****e is fine, but when I call you on it don't disagree with a professional

Stop hiding behind you little links and reports and talk to some of the people you are judging. I have a 60% chance of being correct in the tone of your post so lets play the odds.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:51 pm
User Image
The entire point was Comprehension skills. Not intelligence or Maturity or whatever else you people feel threatened about but I think that the posts that have been made only support me even more.

I state very clearly that this is not about adults being smarter or better but rather that they have a physical brain which is developed to comprehend life experiences better.

In GRM's post she is trying to convey to you that later on in life you may have a better understanding of why your parents did what they did while a the time you could not because you were egocentric (as most teens are).

It is about self reflection.

God-The-RapistV2.0

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:01 pm
So, then you are saying I was a p***k for wanting to hang out with the good kids not doing immoral things those bastards for trying good in school and not getting drunk. And it was correct to associate me with a gang that my neighbourhood was rivals with ? ******** adulthood is one ******** up piece of s**t. x'D  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:05 pm
Iecur
So, then you are saying I was a p***k for wanting to hang out with the good kids not doing immoral things those bastards for trying good in school and not getting drunk. And it was correct to associate me with a gang that my neighbourhood was rivals with ? ******** adulthood is one ******** up piece of s**t. x'D
User Image

Let Sav do the trolling, you're not very good at it.

God-The-RapistV2.0

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:09 pm
Define trolling ?

Guessing it's not:
To fish for by trailing a baited line from behind a slowly moving boat.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:09 pm
God-The-RapistV2.0
User Image

They are lacking, most literally, in brain power.

You weren't calling us stupid?

Why are you continuing to make generalizations about teenagers when there are clearly disagreements about your initial assumption that our "underdeveloped brains" cannot comprehend things adequately.

Being egocentric isn't limited to teenagers, it isn't something that goes away in adulthood. Attacking authority figures doesn't either.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:10 pm
No apparently I'm the dumbass here...  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:15 pm
Saverio C.
God-The-RapistV2.0
User Image

They are lacking, most literally, in brain power.

You weren't calling us stupid?
User Image

TEENAGERS PHYSICALLY LACK THAT PART OF THE BRAIN.

Perhaps now you understand?

God-The-RapistV2.0

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:23 pm
Not to split hairs or anything, but it isn't that they physically lack it, it's just that it is underdeveloped.
Just like the sense of restraint present in this thread.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:26 pm
Erverain
Not to split hairs or anything, but it isn't that they physically lack it, it's just that it is underdeveloped.
Just like the sense of restraint present in this thread.
User Image

Subtlety was not working.

I resorted to the only option left that would still convey my point. Huge exaggerations and giant lettering.

God-The-RapistV2.0

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:29 pm
Actually, I didn't mean you completely, GTR. If anything, you've kept your speech civil to the point of infuriating, whereas others have resorted to knee-jerk arguments and reactions.
Myself notwithstanding, of course.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces