Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
TGSCOM wins NFA battle, full auto no longer needs permit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:53 pm
*confused* where did Lin make any comment about disarming you? He actually stated he had no opinion on gun control for one thing. And as for physically disarming, I don't think he made any mention of that...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:02 pm
Sanzoskitsune
*confused* where did Lin make any comment about disarming you? He actually stated he had no opinion on gun control for one thing. And as for physically disarming, I don't think he made any mention of that...

I was addressing gun control in general in that last paragraph. Basically, I don't support forcing people to be armed(as that would be pointless and a waste of money), but I also don't support disarmament(and would resist with force).  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 pm
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

I was addressing gun control in general in that last paragraph. Basically, I don't support forcing people to be armed(as that would be pointless and a waste of money), but I also don't support disarmament(and would resist with force).
Well considering that the 2nd amendment is the right to bear arms their never going to take your gun away from you since well.. that would be unconstitutional and I'll be damned before I let anyone change the Bill of Rights. Once you have your gun no one has the right to take it from you.

And I just wanted that cleared up because it sounded like you were directing it particularly at Lin when he said nothing of the sort.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:10 pm
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

Well considering that the 2nd amendment is the right to bear arms their never going to take your gun away from you since well.. that would be unconstitutional and I'll be damned before I let anyone change the Bill of Rights. Once you have your gun no one has the right to take it from you.

And I just wanted that cleared up because it sounded like you were directing it particularly at Lin when he said nothing of the sort.

I've never been good with words.

They have tried to and will continue to try to. It's the nature of government(any government) to always try to disarm the populace, effectively turning them from citizens to subjects.  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:16 pm
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

They have tried to and will continue to try to. It's the nature of government(any government) to always try to disarm the populace, effectively turning them from citizens to subjects.
Hence why it was put into the constitution that they can't take your gun away and if they do you can fight it. As I stated, once you HAVE your gun they can't take it away, unless I think you commit a crime with it. Gun control has never been about keeping guns out of the hands of responsible individuals, but keeping it out of the hands of the people I'm used to having guns. Those who only want one to be able to shoot someone and commit crime. I'm not saying it works, I'm saying that's what its about.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:35 pm
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

Hence why it was put into the constitution that they can't take your gun away and if they do you can fight it. As I stated, once you HAVE your gun they can't take it away, unless I think you commit a crime with it. Gun control has never been about keeping guns out of the hands of responsible individuals, but keeping it out of the hands of the people I'm used to having guns. Those who only want one to be able to shoot someone and commit crime. I'm not saying it works, I'm saying that's what its about.

Gun control is NOT about crime. Gun control is about population control and power. Crime is used as an excuse to enact such laws, but don't believe for a second it's about crime. The only way a government can get away with whatever they want is if they disarm the populace first. Against an armed population, a tyrant cannot stand.

If they manage to disarm the public at large(i.e. if they passed something like HR 45, which would have made every gun owner in the US a felon overnight, and it got dangerously close to passing and would have passed if put forth now), there will be no fighting it in courts, because it would come as an XO or something foisted by the BATF.  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:40 pm
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

Gun control is NOT about crime. Gun control is about population control and power. Crime is used as an excuse to enact such laws, but don't believe for a second it's about crime. The only way a government can get away with whatever they want is if they disarm the populace first. Against an armed population, a tyrant cannot stand.

If they manage to disarm the public at large(i.e. if they passed something like HR 45, which would have made every gun owner in the US a felon overnight, and it got dangerously close to passing and would have passed if put forth now), there will be no fighting it in courts, because it would come as an XO or something foisted by the BATF.
Since I refuse to get into another argument with you on political things since you don't respect my point of view anyway. I've just gotta point out that you really hate the government and leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:15 pm
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

Since I refuse to get into another argument with you on political things since you don't respect my point of view anyway. I've just gotta point out that you really hate the government and leave it at that.

I don't respect your views, no. I respect you, but that doesn't carry to things you believe. I don't expect you to respect mine, either.

I do not "hate" the government, but I do distrust government in general. Just as I would distrust any body of people that gets away with murder, theft, etc. on a regular basis.  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 pm
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

I don't respect your views, no. I respect you, but that doesn't carry to things you believe. I don't expect you to respect mine, either.

I do not "hate" the government, but I do distrust government in general. Just as I would distrust any body of people that gets away with murder, theft, etc. on a regular basis.
Actually I do respect your views, I may not agree with them but I respect them. I respect that you have your reasons for having them and got there from whatever life you lead. That is the difference between me and you, I can disagree with a point of view yet still respect it, you can't and that shows a certain level of disrespect for the person to me.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:24 pm
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune

Actually I do respect your views, I may not agree with them but I respect them. I respect that you have your reasons for having them and got there from whatever life you lead. That is the difference between me and you, I can disagree with a point of view yet still respect it, you can't and that shows a certain level of disrespect for the person to me.

I differentiate between the person and the beliefs of the person. A person, to me, is to be respected until proven otherwise. A person's beliefs, however, are fair game. That reciprocates. I don't expect anyone to respect my beliefs or ideals, and so I don't mind if someone doesn't. If someone does, well, it's a welcome thing. Not required, though.  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:29 pm
lazycommie
I differentiate between the person and the beliefs of the person. A person, to me, is to be respected until proven otherwise. A person's beliefs, however, are fair game. That reciprocates. I don't expect anyone to respect my beliefs or ideals, and so I don't mind if someone doesn't. If someone does, well, it's a welcome thing. Not required, though.
See that's another difference. My beliefs are important to to me and are an integral part of who I am. To disrespect my beliefs is to disrespect me. That's why I don't disrespect others beliefs because those beliefs shaped that person into who they are. Their beliefs can tell you a lot about the person, at least that's what I've noticed.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:32 pm
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
See that's another difference. My beliefs are important to to me and are an integral part of who I am. To disrespect my beliefs is to disrespect me. That's why I don't disrespect others beliefs because those beliefs shaped that person into who they are. Their beliefs can tell you a lot about the person, at least that's what I've noticed.

Don't take my disrespect of your beliefs as pointed at you. If it helps, think of me targeting the words.  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 pm
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie

Don't take my disrespect of your beliefs as pointed at you. If it helps, think of me targeting the words.
Doesn't matter what you intend, its what I gather from your comments. If I see your comments as insults because they're insulting to me then they're insults. Simple as that.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:45 pm
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie

Doesn't matter what you intend, its what I gather from your comments. If I see your comments as insults because they're insulting to me then they're insults. Simple as that.

And that's entirely on you.  

lazycommie

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:51 pm
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie
Sanzoskitsune
lazycommie

And that's entirely on you.
....you don't care that you insult people do you? Geez this is why I get so upset talking to you.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff