Reply Teepees
[IC] Wi Ile Anpo's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Harperking

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:43 pm

The sun felt good on her wings, and the young mare whinnied her joy as she let the warmth sink into her muscles. As she crested a small rise, she gave a great leap and spread her wings to their fullest, gliding down the incline with her legs tucked up beneath her. This was as close to flying as she had yet achieved and she raced back up the hill to do it again as soon as she touched down.

As she reached the top of the hill again, she saw another soquili, a beautiful blue and white mare she had not met yet. Her neigh of welcome was stilled in her throat though, as she saw that this mare, unliks all the other soquili she had met so far, had wings just like her own.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:43 pm
What was she doing? As the mare stood at the top of the hill, Rikka had managed to find out why she was there. The black wind was gliding! A brief smile crossed her maw as she walked out, whickering out to her.

"Why are you running up the hill...?" Rikka asked outloud. "Why not fly?" The snowbird questioned.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:49 am
If the sight of the wings had starled Wambli, the mare's calmly asked question had shocked her even further.

"Fly? Like the eagle and the hawk and the dove? You mean you can...I can...fly?" Her words trailed off into silence. It was almost o much for her to comprehend. She had dreamed of this, hoped for this...but had never truely dared to hope that she would really one day be able to one day join the sky in anything more than her dreams.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:34 am
"Of course fly! I can, and I am sure you can as well," She grinned, opening her wings and fluttering them slightly. "All it takes is a little practice." Rikka nodded, the feathered limbs returning to their regular posistion. Pausing for a moment, as if she were about to speak, she blinked. "...Do you not know how to fly?" The snowbird asked the other wind.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:47 am
Ducking her head a little in shame, Wambli shook it, her mane falling over her neack and her forelock covering her eyes.
"I've never met another soquili with wings before. I knew I could glide, and I watched my brother birds in flight and longed to join them...but didn't know if my wings would carry me with them." She sighed, her breath flattening the grass at her feet. Lifting her head suddenly she faced the blue and white mare squarely.
"Could you...would you teach me? Please?"

From her hidden viewpost, Anpo watched the meeting in silence. As soon as she saw the other wind soquili appear, she knew that this would be the day that her young charge would find the sky.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:58 am
Teach...her? Rikka had never taught anyone before (She wasn't to bright to do so..) But if this one wanted to be taught, the snowbird would happily oblige to it. "Teach you? Sure, I mean...I think I can?" She offered, grinnnig towards the young mare.

"It looks like from what I've seen you have mastered the art of gliding." She grinned. "Now what ou can do, is go up on the hill," She started a brisk trot up th ehill, waiting for Wambli. "Then instead of keeping your wings out, flap them like your brother birds!" Rikka giggled as she mimicked the moves the black mare had just done, gliding down the hill until she began to flap, raising her sucessfully off the ground.

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:35 am
Wambli quickly followed the other mare and watched, astonished as she began to glide and then FLEW a few legnths bfore settling to the ground. Closing her eyes, she tried to remember exactly what she had seen her do. With a neigh of excitement she sprang into a gallop, then gave a great leap unfurling her wings at the height of it. Sh began her glide and thenmoved her wings upwards, then cupped them and flapped - feeling the muscles she has built while still earth bound move in new ways. The air moved beneath her and she saw the ground move away. She repeated the rhythm and again she moved up and forward, feeling the muscles and tendons adjusting and her balance shifting to this newness...this FREEDOM!

She reached the new mare, and used her old gliding skills to land, a little wobbly from the excitement, a few paces away.
"Thank you,,' she said breathless with the thrill "I am Wambli, and I am ever in your debt, for showing me this, though I think I have some practicing yet to do!"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:18 pm
A wide smile approached Rikka's muzzle. "Thats it," She murmured to herself quietly as the wings spreaded and took flight. She got it! "YAY!" Rikka whinnied, prancing over to Wambli to congradulate her. "That was great, Wambli was it?" The snowbird clarified. "Don't worry, practice makes perfect. I am Rikka," She introduced herself with a curt nod.  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Harperking

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:31 pm
"I am very glad to meet you, Rikka!" Wambli was having a hard time keeping from dancing in her happiness. "I had always hoped there were more like me, and that my wings could take me to the sky with the birds, and now I know that there are and they can!"

She couldn't contain herself any longer. With a wild whinny of joy she danced back and let loose her happiness, the pure emotion flowing through her soul in a music that was almost audible to the woodland creatures who stopped to watch the gold and black mare dance her ecstasy. Wings out, she leaped and jumped, and it should have come to no surprise that this time her joydance took her above the ground as well as across it.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:29 am
User Image

In thread rp where Wambli and Jewel meet for the first time!
Harperking
Gathering up her courage around her, Wambli raises her head and takes a few steps froward. She settles her wings nervously against her sides as she looks at the stallion in front of her. She has never seen anyone like him before and the usually gregarious mare finds herself suddenly struck silent.
"Hi... I...I'm Wambli" she finally manages to say.

dustfeather

The ivory stallion flicks his lion-like tail, dipping his head apologetically. She has wings. First the horn-less Soquili out in the field...and now one without a horn, but with wings? "Sorry to startle you, lady Wambli. It's just - " he fumbles for the right thing to say. "I mean to say...I'm Jewel."

Harperking
Realizing that he was just as nervous as she was relaxed her somewhat, and some of Wambli's normal enthusaistic nature returned. Daringly, took another step closer, so that they were in comfortable talking distance.
"It's ok, really," she said. "I was just surprised a little by your....well, I don't know what you call it....antler?" She cocked her head to one side to get a better look at it. "It's quite handome on you. I've just never seen one before!"

dustfeather
(:giggles at Taka: Maybe? xd )

"It's a horn. It has healing properties," He explains, looking pleased, but still faintly perplexed. "My parents both had them, and my brother...but I've never seen anyone without them. It's new here...you'll forgive me for asking, but can you fly?" His lips curl into a shy smile as he looks at her. "I've never seen anyone with wings before...it's like my friend Fawkes, but you're really a Soquili."

Harperking
Ducking her head a little at the question, Wambli again rustled her wings in nervousness.
"I just learned I could fly, actually." she admittted. "I had never met another soquili with wings until just recently, and before then all I did was glide. But I can now, and I am getting stronger at it with more practice!"
She looked around
"Fawkes? Is he a two-legger friend? I have one of those that I take care of, her name is ANpo, but I call her Talker" she whinnied a soft laugh.

dustfeather
He chuckles, a rumble that seems to come from deep in his chest. "That's amazing, though." His expression dissolves into something wistful. "I've always dreamed how it must be, being able to fly with the winged folk...I'm rather envious."

He shakes his head: he's learned that much from the other Soquili. "No...not what you call a two-legger. I've never seen them before, although I've heard of them." Odd beasts, if what he's heard is true. "Fawkes is of the winged folk...I don't know what you call them. He's a creature of fire."

Harperking
Wambli's eyes widened. "A Fire? That's amazing! Talker makes fire by the teepee, but I always careful areound it. I singed my tail one time and it was horrible" The body part mentioned twitched at the memory.

"I would be happy to introduce you to Talker sometime if you would like to meet a two-legger. She's rather nice and usually has something good to eat, too!"

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006 7:38 am
dustfeather

He chuckles again. "Fortunately, Fawkes's fire isn't the dangerous sort...else it'd be rough having him around. I do hope he's alright," he adds, after a minute's pause. "He went hunting a few days ago and never came back."

His ears perk curiously at the offer. "Thank you...and I accept, gratefully. I'd like to learn more about these...huymans, are they called?" Although he's not entirely certain of something riding on his back, like the other Soquili said. Fawkes does, though, so perhaps they're not that different... But no feathers and little fur...they probably look fairly ugly.

Harperking

"That's good then. Anpo was quite upset when my tail caught fire, though she did laugh about it later. I'm sure your friend is ok" Wambli found herself wanting to reassure her new friend. "Maybe he just found good hunting, or met someone new himself. Are you from around here? Maybe he went to your teepee and is waiting there?"

dustfeather
"Understandably so," he says with another smile. "And I'm sure he has...I just hope he's not off terrorizing the countryside. He can be," the horned soquili confides in a lower voice, "...a little bit of a hellion." But the next questions give him pause. "No, I lived in the mountains...forgive my ignorance, but what's a teepee?" The puzzled expression is back, and Jewel is starting to feel decidedly lost on this matters of the lower realms of fields and woods. They have all these new things, it's all a bit much to take in at once. "Are there a lot of other winged Soquili around here, and ones without horns? And do you live in herds, or alone? I'm sorry for all the questions, but I'm rather lost, and I don't want to offend anyone by saying something silly."

Harperking
"I've only met one other winged one like me, but from what she said I think there are others. None of the other soquili I have heard of have horns like yours though - that makes you special!" She looks at him through her forelock, which has fallen over her face in the errant breeze.
"I've never been to the mountains. We live near the edge of the forest in our teepee - its a shelter that Talker made to keep the rain off and keep us warm in the cold. She's even painted soquili on it! And I don't mind questions at all"

dustfeather
He looks slightly taken aback at the comment. Everyone had horns back where he came from: to not have one was to be special, and perhaps not in a good way. But here, differences seem to be accepted, even revered. A different society, to be sure.

"They're a beautiful place, the mountains. We stay up and watch the Northern Lights in the midst of winter near the top...it's clearer up there than it is anywhere else, or so I'm told...." And the counsels, and the parties...sometimes he wonders why he ever left. But he wanted to see more of the world while he was still young, and take back this information to his family, perhaps.

He comes back to what the winged female is saying, and has no trouble looking curious. Teepee...a shelter...must be like a cave? Only made? That fits with what he's heard before about humans, he supposes. They need to rely on other things, because they were born with so few. "That's impressive," he says, and means it.

Harperking

Wambli laughed, a liquid neigh that was easy and free.
"Don't let her hear you say that, not that she could understand you of course. I love my Talker, but sometimes she does get rather full of herself. I wish she could understand me sometimes though." There was a wistful tone in her voice.

Shaking her head a little, she continued on more cheerfully.
"Your mountains sound lovely. I think I would like to see them sometime - I like to se new places and new things - you never know what a new day will bring, or who a new friend will be"

dustfeather

"She can't understand what you're saying?" The unicorn asks, bewildered. "You mean...not at all? Don't they understand language, then?" Poor things! They can't speak, are probably ugly, and they have to make up for their depressing lack by building other things to help them survive. Overall, Jewel's opinion of these 'humans' is quite pitying at this point.

He shakes his head, still a bit amazed over the revelation about the two-leggers. "Ah, yes...it is, I'd be delighted to show it off to you someday - " He's about to say something else, but something vibrantly-colored sours overhead and swoops down onto his back, where it rests there, one eye cocked at the mare.

It's a hawk...of some sort. It's feathers drip fire, however, like a liquid: except they disappear when they touch the unicorn's back. The fire that drips from him seems to cover him, shifting this way and that, so it's sometimes hard to tell his entire form, except that it's vaguely birdlike. His feathers are brilliant shades of red, yellow, and orange, and even white in places. Jewel looks quite unhurt, and he glances back over his shoulder; clearly, this is a common occurance. "Afternoon, Fawkes."

Harperking
"Nope, sometimes I think she almost understands something but she never quite gets it. I love her all the same though." Wambli hoped that Jewel wasn't gettingthe wrong idea about her Talker. Despite her faults she did love her two-legger.
She was about to say more when she got the second shock of the day. A bird, seemingly made of flame, swooped down and landed on the stallion's back! She dances back a few steps in surprise and neighs a little uneasily. Though he had said the flames from his friends were different, he still looked like the flames that had burned her tail before!

dustfeather

"It's alright, he won't hurt you," The unicorn hastens to explain, giving a stern look at his companion, who seems oblivious to the disarray he's created. "This is Fawkes, of the winged folk. Fawkes, this is Wambli, a winged Soquili."

The phoenix is looking at Wambli in that eerie way birds have: with just one eye, his head tilted to the side. For birds, of course, cannot see directly in front of them. He'es eyeing her with one ebony eye, before that ebony eye disappears into a blink, and he gives a graceful bob of his head, more like an eagle or a hawk than a starling or a robin. "Winged Soquili, eh? Pleasure meeting you, miz Wambli."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:42 pm
Harperking
Surprised, Wambli blinked at the same time that Fawkes did. "Oh! Glad to meet you, too." she turnd her head to look at him better. "How do do you do that? Burn I mean...but are you really burning?"
Her curiousity was getting the better of her fear and she stepped closer, still a little hesitant, but trusting the white stallion's word that she would come to no harm.

dustfeather

The fire-hawk lets out a low chuckle: if birds could smile, he'd be smiling. "I'm a phoenix, miz Wambli. Our fire doesn't hurt unless we want it to. I'm slightly magical, like Jewel. But so are ye, too...for soquili surely could not fly without magic, you're just too heavy otherwise. Whereas with the winged folk" Here, he spreads his wings wide, as if for emphasis, "We...we were made for flying without magic. Life moves in mysterious ways, that it does."

Harperking

"Really? I never thought about that," Wambli turned to look at her wings, spreading one out to look at it curiously. "I've heard the shaman Foalen talk about magic, and Ayita his soquili friend says he is good at it and talking to the spirits, but I never thought about us having magic ourselves!"
Settling her wing against her side again, she was unaware that the tip of it lightly brushed against the white stallion's shoulder.

dustfeather

Jewel looks surprised at this news, too, and he gives Fawkes a rather accusing look. The phoenix just laughs again, buffetting the unicorn's nose with a wing. "Ach, boy, stop looking so hurt, it's something you wouldn't know. Winged soquili don't come to our neck of the woods much, as you very well know." His curious eye turns back towards Wambli, however. "Spirits, you say? I've only seen one creature before able to talk to the spirits...that's a difficult path in life to follow, that is. I would be most impressed with this Foalen."

Wrinkling his nose, the ivory-pelted male looks back to the dark female as she brushses against him, oddly suddenly anxious to out-do his friend, but he can't really think of what to say that would particularly top that. "It's odd, really, to think about soquili with no magical powers." He wonders, fleetingly, how they heal themselves when they're hurt.

Harperking

"You've met other winged soquili?" Wambli dances in excitement. Ever since meeting Rikka she has wanted to meet more of the wind breed like herself. "I would be happy to introduce you to Foalen if you like, and to my Talker as well. I am sure the other soquili would like to meet you, too."

Even as she said that, though, Wambli was struck with a little worry. What if Jewel forgot all about her in the excitement of meeting the other soquili of the village herd?

dustfeather

Fawkes nods, bobbing his head up and down in a dignified fashion quite unlike that of the twittering little sparrows one always sees around. "A few. Not many, but a few. Especially up in the mountain passes where only the winged can get to: ye can't get up there, unless ye have a mind ta fly." His rustic northern accent slips through a little as he fondly mentions his home. He winks at her, though. "I would like that, though, missy. That's a rare opportunity, and I'd like to meet these other soquili, too...spent so much time among them, I'm practically one of them! Just need to grow another set of legs and replace my feathers with fur, and maybe we'll be on the right track, eh?"

Feeling a bit out of place, Jewel falls silent, just listening to the conversation. Why's he jealous of Fawkes all of a sudden? he thinks, irritably. It wasn't as if he hadn't let the pheonix do the talking before, and it seems like these two have much in common.

Harperking

Wambli noticed Jewel's silence. Maybe he didn't want to meet the humans she was so fond of. He did say he was unfamiliar with them after all. Perhaps someone as noble as he was didn't need them!
Ducking her head a little, she looked over at him.
"Jewel, do you want to go meet the people of my village? We don't have to. I mean, I'd like for you to meet Anpo and Foalen and Ayita and the others sometime...but I'd also like to just get to know you a little better myself. I think I could grow to like you a whole lot."
The words came out before she could stop them. She couldn't believe that she had said that out loud! He must think she was nothing more than a silly foal!

dustfeather

Oddly enough, he goes a very slight shade of red underneath his white fur. He's still so young yet, and the fillies back home were all ones he grew up with: friends he could tease and annoy, more sisters than anything else. He had scoffed, really, at his father's insistance that someday he'd find a mate, and his mother's assurance that once he went out wandering, he'd come home with a beautiful bride. At the time, it was just so ridiculous. He had not wanted to be tied down, it was the reason he had left in the first place. But now he's going all tongue-tied and silly in front of this ebony-and-golden mare. Whatever is he supposed to reply with?

"I'd like that," He says, and he's relieved to hear that his voice sounds normal...if a little faster than normal. He hasn't really registered most of the first part of the sentence, but his nagging brain tells him to buck up and pay more attention to it, or he'll look like a fool. "I'd like to meet your friends, and see your village, and...and everything."

Fawkes watches the two of them with a slightly sardonic eye.

Harperking

Slowly, her head came up at his words. He... did? He... would?!
"Well, then!" she finally said out loud, her voice a little breathless with relief and just a bit of excitement. "I'll be happy to show you the way!"
With a nicker of joy she took a few steps, then stopped. A curious feeling came over her and she turned back to him and stepped close enough to give him a quick nuzzle on the shoulder.
"I still think you are handsome, you know." she said with a giggle as she stepped lightly away down the path to the village.

dustfeather

It's hard to read a bird's expression, which is probably good at this point. He alights soundlessly into the air, finding an air thermal and riding it up joyously, hovering overhead, and clearly meaning to follow them where they go.

Already certain that he's going to entirely enjoy the village, the white unicorn looks a bit dazzled by the attention. She just said that? Feeling very giddy, and looking as if he still needs time to register what she said before replying, Jewel follows...but there's a slightly cocky prance in his step that wasn't there before.

Harperking

Harperking

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:24 am
User Image

Musings

Wi Ile Anpo sat beside the flickering fire outside the teepee she shared with her winged companion. As she stared into the flames, her thoughts wandered back to what she had observed just a few days before.

From the very first day that Wambli Zikala, her "Sky Seeking Bird", had emerged from the gold and black basket she had arrived in Anpo had known that the young mare would discover the skies one day. It was her true nature after all, and Wanka Tankan had gifted her beautiful windsib with wings for the purpose of flight! Yet the Sioux warrior could not but admit to having worried more than once that once Wambli found the skies, that she would forget the earth bound ones who also loved her.

Seeing the blue wind soquili teaching Wambli to do more than glide was both a blessing and a heartwrenching moment for the warrior. Her soul cheered when Wambli made that first faltering flight, even as her heart clenched in fear. When the mare had returned that evening, full of bounce and energy, Anpo had made much of her though she did not think that Wambli knew she had been seen in flight. She wanted the mare to be able to reveal that when she was ready!

The shifting wind brought the sound of two sets of hoofbeats, and Anpo quicky sat up a little straighter. She didn't want anyone to see past the warrior face to know that inside she wasn't quite as tough as the facade she worked so hard to maintain.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:26 am
User Image

Foalen
Aytia leans into Foalen's strong hands as the shaman comes over with a striff brush and starts working it through her shaggy winter coat. The brushing feels wonderful reaching itchy spots she hadn't even known were itchy until her human friend began the grooming.
Seeing Wambli walk over, the smiling shaman pauses in the grooming long enough to lift a hand in greeting.

Ayita shifts her weight so she isn't leaning so hard against her human friend to better greet the beautiful winged black and yellow mare. "How are you Wambli, has anything new happened since we met last?"

Harperking

Wambli's eyes lit up at the question. She flicked her ears forward and her whole demeanor lightened.
"Ayita! There is so much to tell you! First, I met another winged soquili - and she taught me to fly!"

Foalen
"Oh that's wonderful!" Ayita prances a little forgetting for a moment that Foalen was still trying to work the brush through her thick coat. Blushing slightly she slowed so that the gently smiling shaman didn't have to chase her about to try and continue his brushing. "I'm so happy for you Wambli. I knew you'd fly eventually, but I'm glad you made a friend in the process. And it's another wind soquili at that, I know there aren't very many wind soquili arround so it's nice that you managed to meet up with another one. It must be wonderful flying through the skies together. I must confess sometimes I wish I could join you up there."

Harperking

"Flying is wonderful, but I have a lot to learn about it. and Rikka wasn't the only one I met. There is a stallion, too, his name is Jewel and he wants to meet everyone here" Wambli was dancing in her excitement. She turned to look back at the forest path she had come from to wait see her companion would appear.

Foalen
The younger mare was so excited Ayita wondered who this stallion was that she had mentioned. Curious she followed Wambli's look. "Jewel? That is an unuseual name, but very beautiful just the same. I wonder what your new friend is like?"

Harperking

"He's different from anyone I've seen before! He's got an antler, he called it a horn, in the middle of his forehead and his tail isn't like ours at all, but kind of like Igma the panther's with a tuft of hair on it." she turned again to look at the forest, a little concerned that he wasn't right behind her. They had walked together to the edge of the forest and she had thought he was right behind her.

Foalen
"An antler and funny tail," Ayita mused to herself. "That sounds a bit like a young mare I've met before, her name is Neferti, she has the markings of a wild cat. I don't think there are many of their kind around the valley. In fact I think they are rarer even than wind soquili. Your friend sounds impressive. I can't wait to meet him. He sounds interesting." Her voice grew warm as she spoke for she had noticed her friend's ebulence over this new stallion she had met. "You seem to like him very much."

Harperking

Ducking her head a little, Wambli nodded an agreement. "I do, Ayita. There is just something about him that speaks to me. I just hope he likes me, too! I thought he was right behind me on the path, maybe he decided not to visit just yet. He did say he had never met any humans before!"
Realizing that she had been ignoring the shaman up to that point, Wambli stepped over to him and whuffled his hair with her muzzle in greeting.

Foalen
"I wouldn't worry too much he probably suddenly remembered that there was something he needed to do, or maybe he is a little shy of the two leggers as you say, especialy if he has never met any before. I know there are some soquili never come near the village. I'm sure I'll meet him when he's ready." Ayita replied in a reasuring tone.

Foalen laughed at the wuffle and reached out a hand to give the winged soquili a scratch behind the ear on the top of her head where it would be difficult for her to reach normally. "It's good to see you too wind lady. You look to be happy and well."

Harperking

"I think the mare that taught me to fly didn't have a twolegger to take care of either actually," Wambli said as she lowered her head and leaned into the scratching. The shaman had a gift for knowing just where the good spots were! "I wish I could take you to fly with me! It's amazing!"

Anpo approached the trio from the village, her shortbow over one shoulder.
"Hau, Foalen!" she said as she approached. "I see my windsib has found someone to indulge her!"

Foalen
"I would love to join you in the air, though there's nothing that says I can't follow you on the groud you don't mind me joining you sometime when you go out for a flight. I don't get much hight but I can still fly after a fashon." The painted mare laughed and nuzzled her human friend as she spoke. "Foalen is teaching me that not all flying is done in the sky and that every living thing can fly if it is willing to try, even slow two leggers."

Grinning Foalen lifted a hand in greeting to Anpo," Hau, Anpo. I was indulging Ayita so why not share some of the attention. And how have you been? I have been so busy with herbs and potions I haven't been able to get out and about for a while."

Harperking

Picturing twoleggers in flight caused Wambli to burst into laughter. Whinnying and shaking her head, it took her several moments to get the image out of her head. It did, however, give her an idea that she wanted to try sometime.
"I'd be glad to run with you sometime, Ayita. Jewel can't fly either, so I won't always be in the air myself."

"I have been good, my friend," the Sioux woman looked up in surprise when Wambli started snorting and whinnying suddenlly, then shrugged and just decided that it must just be the good weather affecting her friend. Reaching into her carrysack she pulled out a bit of dried teasel and began to scratch Wambli with it, currying the mare's winter coat while she talked.
"I was thinking of going on a small explore this afternoon just to get out of the village, would you and Ayita care to join us?"

Foalen
Laughing along with Wambli, Ayita had to admit that the idea of two leggers flying did sound rather silly. "A run would be great fun I think. I'm sure your Jewel would have a good time too if we all went together." The painted mare agreed.

Foalen nodded eagerly,"That sounds like a wonderful idea. I don't really have anything I couldn't do later anyway. I finished most of the important work this morning so if you don't mind company on your wandering," He said with a look at Ayita as if checking for conformation. "We would be happy to join you. I haven't really gone out much since the fire in the valley. I wonder if the area is showing signs of recovery yet?"

Harperking
((jump on in dustfeather! Wambli was wondering where Jewel was! xd ))

If a soquili could purr, that is what Wambli would have been doing at that moment. She loved being groomed, and Anpo was good at getting the knots in her mane out without any pulling. She looked back at the forest again, then turned back to her painted friend.
"I will be glad when the warmer weather gets here. I am tired of the cold wet!"

"I haven't been out that way since the fires," Anpo said. "It is always amazing how quickly te land can recover though."

Mkodi
(:squeaks: ^__^ Thank you.)

Shorty, the sound of trotting hooves can be heard coming from the pathway. A moment later, a mostly white stallion comes trotting into view, his beautiful, wavy, slightly offwhite hair cascading down between his forehead. Whisps of it hide curious red-brown eyes. But the most obvious differences between this stallion and others are the large horn that sprouts from the middle of his forehead, his cloven hooves, and his lion-like tail.

He halts upon spotting Wambli, his gaze roving over her to rest upon the unknown female soquili, as well as two...well, they must be these 'humans.'

Overhead, a shadow hovers.

Harperking

Wambli's eyes light up at the sight of the unicorn stallion, and she immediatly wheels away and trots over to him, whickering a welcome.
"Jewel! I thought maybe you had changed your mind!" she said, relief in her voice.

Anpo stood, transfixed at the being before her. Who...what... was that creature that Wambli was so happy to see?

Foalen
Foalen nodded as he watched Anpo groom the very happy looking wind mare his fingers looseing themselves in Ayita's short but colorful mane. "The great wheel is always turning. Darkness and danger always come, but the wheel turns bringing light healing with it. Most of the little ones I healed should be in full health now so hopefully we won't encounter any of them. I have my herbs along though, just incase we do run into them."

"Grooming is wonderful isn't it?" Ayita laughed as she watched her friend enjoy the grooming. "I know there are some advantages to not living with a two legger, but the wild ones do not know what they are missing."

Harperking
Anpo walked over to Foalen, who had not yet seen the newcomer to the area.
"Wise One, my friend, do my eyes deceive me or has Wambli Zikala brought a new kind of friend to us today?" she said in a soft voice, gesturing to where the ecstatic windmare was greeting the unicorn.

dustfeather

He shakes his head, trying not to stare at the two-leggers, apparantly just as amazed at Anpo's appearance as she is by his.

"No...Fawkes just had to tell me something before I came," he says vaguely, but smiles at her. "I'm sorry that I kept you waiting. Are these..." he hesitates, looking at them again, "Your friends? And...and humans?"

Harperking

"Yes! The paint soquili is my very good friend Ayita and her twolegger is the shaman Foalen. He's the spirit talker I told you about. The other twolegger is my Talker, Anpo." Wambli snorted a little laugh at the dumbfounded look on Anpo's face. "She doesn't usually look like that. I think she's a little surprised to see you!"

Foalen
Foalen's eyes widen as he sees the horned soquili and he says something softly under his breath in a reverent tone. Of course all soquili are sacred creatures but in his shamanic training he had heard of especialy rare and honored beings such as the one before them. When his shock subsided he nodded to Anpo while bowing deferentialy to the magnificent creature. "This is one of the rare and sacred horned ones. Little is know of them and even the among shaman and wise women they are thought to be of legend only."

dustfeather
Jewel nods his head shyly to Ayita, before his gaze lands on Foalen, curiousity now tinging his expression. After his brief conversation with Fawkes, he's interested to see the spirit talker the most: Fawkes himself said that he's only seen one other, and the phoenix had been many more places than Jewel had.

As if following the unicorn's thoughts, the bird of fire alights on a branch nearby, as light as a dove. Fire flickers all around him, curling up around each feather and wrapping itself quietly along the branch itself, like some sort of odd smoke.

"Spirit talker..." He murmurs, watching Foalen. He watches the other, and, feeling awkward, dips his head in an odd parody of the shaman.

Foalen
Foalen's gaze was taken by the phoenx, he had never seen such a bird before and he nodded again defferetinialy to the bird who was obviously of the spirit world as much as that of men. As he let his gaze go back to the handsome stallion he wished he knew more of the language of the soquili and vowed silently to talk to the Princess about it some time. She would be able to point him to someone who could teach him the Soquili's language he was sure. As it was all he could do at the moment was admire the amazing creatures before him. "Greetings honored ones, may you be welcome here." He said finally in his own language knowing the holy beasts would probably not understand a word of what he said. But perhaps his manner would carry his intent.

Harperking

Anpo looked at the white stallion in silence. There was something of the spirits about him for sure, and when the flaming hawklike creature landing on the tree without catching it on fire she was sure she was in the presence of creatures beyond her ken.

Slowly approaching, she bowed her head in respect.

"Hau, Spirit friends,' she said quietly.

Wambli just watched and tried to hold in the laughter.
"I have no idea what has come over her!" she said in apology to Jewel.

dustfeather

Fawkes bobs his head gracefully to Foalen, his wings splayed slightly in a gesture of great cordiality that the winged folk have. He regards the group with one fierce, dark eye.

"He's making...noises," Jewel says in a whisper to Wambli, fairly certain that the two-legger cannot comprehend him. "Is that the human language? Do you understand it?" He sounds anxious, as if he didn't want to offend: but he didn't know what to do. The high-spirited young stallion's ears immediately come up to their fullest as Anpo comes closer: edgy, he's uncertain whether to let her come closer. His nostrils billow out as he cautiously inhales, trying to catch the girl's scent, his thin, fine limbs trembling slightly with excitement.

His gaze shifts quietly to Wambli, but he keeps his ears well-attuned to Anpo and the shaman. "Do you think they've just never seen my type before?" Again, he's whispering. "And...and, forgive me for asking, are they animals, or are they spirit-sent?" He wishes he had asked Fawkes more about them.

Harperking

Wambli whickered reassuringly at Jewel, and walked over to Anpo to show him that the Sioux was nothing to fear.
"She's neither, I think. Just... human," she rubbed her head against Anpo's shoulder, proving the mortal nature of the twolegged one. "She is my friend and I have taken care of her since I came here."

Anpo, meanwhile, was as nervous about him as he was of her. Despite the fact that it was a Spirit dream that had brought her so far from her home to this village, seeing a spirit come to life before her was still a moment to make one take pause. The fact that Wambli was so at ease with him, however, was not lost to the young woman.
"Just what have you been up to, windsib?" she said under her breath.

Harperking

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces