We met up and the world didn't end. Details + pics pg 3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ATG Takes Over the Capital Ex Midway!
  EPIC!!!
  lame.
  I live on the other side of the world, what do I care?
  Monkey bunions!
View Results

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 am
lol awexome. Great word there.

PICS OR IT NEVAR HAPPENED!!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:43 am
Kal have you lost weight? Is the V on Kerri's shoulder and the dude with the fuzzy face is one of your brothers right Kal? Or am I like a** backwards?  

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:37 pm
Yes you are right, and no I have not lost weight, unless shaving my head counts...

We had a fun-filled day today, I'll update a more thorough report later.

EDIT: Okay, so here is how it all went down.

Friday, mid-afternoon: Kerries and V arrive in Edmonton at the Howard Johnson Hotel. Kals walks over to meet them. After some discussion all three walk back to kals' house and pile into her (mom's) car to drive to West Edmonton Mall.

We visit the Santa Maria first (pirate ship! Arr!!!) and pay the $1 each to walk on her decks.

Me taking a picture of Kerries taking a picture of Viral taking a picture of the forecastle of the Santa Maria from in front of the center mast:

The three of us, taken by me holding my camera upside-down in order to reach the button with my wrong hand:

We wander the mall, peering in the window at the waterpark, noting the ice palace, and visiting great stores like Comex Hobby Shop.

We find this little gem in Dollarama:

We also take a look at the roller coaster in Galaxyland. It has three loop-the-loops.

We have dinner at Tony Roma's on Bourbon Street. Om nom nom. V thinks their burger patties taste gross.

We go up to the theatre to tease the dragon. It blows smoke, roars, and breathes fire in its blind rage. V takes a video if this. There are no movies that we want to see starting soon, so we decide to leave.

We go back to the hotel and play a game of Star Munchkin Booty (Star munchkin + Munchkin Booty mixed together... basically space pirates). Partway through the game, Jimsheep and his fiancee arrive. We finish the game. V wins.

Round two of munchkin: jimsheep wins. A level 1 armchair is buffed up to above level 20. Kals has 7 hands and no weapons to carry in them.

Yeah this is the same picture from up there, but it fits in the narrative here:

Jimsheep, kals, and jimsheep's fiancee leave and go home to sleep.

Saturday, 8am: Kals meets Kerries and V back at the hotel. We eat breakfast in the Albert's there. Breakfast is mostly delicious. It is punctuated by random elephant sounds.

We all pile into Kals' car and head back to West Edmonton Mall to visit the waterpark. We get there 30 minutes early and are near the front of the line to get in. Brilliantly, we have brought less towels than people.

We get into the pool and the foghorn sounds, indicating the start of the waves. The first really big wave smacks V in the face and steals his glasses. It takes us at least 15-20 minutes to find them. We go on that short blue slide with the funnel thinger. V goes first. He falls out the bottom head-first. Kerries goes second. She manages to hit the back of her head three times, but comes out feet first. Kals, having studied their technique, hits her head only once and hits the water feet first. Kerries and V go down that long blue twisty dark tunnel one, and V goes down one more after that. We go back to play in the waves some more.

Sometime during the wave pool adventure, V gets a wounded toe, Kerries is hit in the face by a flying child and chokes on water as a direct result, kals is double-glomped, the lifeguard blows his whistle at us, a middle-aged man lands on V's head, and many many inner tubes hit us in the face.

After two hours, we leave to get changed. Kals is about to comment on how the changeroom floor feels almost slimy when her feet slip out from under her and she falls down, bruising her (already injured) shin and splitting it open slightly. Typical. Kals is just like that.

The shin damage a couple of days later:

We leave the waterpark and visit Collector's Edge, where Kerries finds treasure!

We park Kals' car at Kals' house, go to The Infamous 7-11 for slushies and bus tickets, then take the bus to Churchill Square to have lunch at Taste of Edmonton. We sample such delicious things as empinadas, veggie tempura, giant stuffed pasta shells, chocolate mouse, scones with saskatoon berry compote, lemon chicken, garlic tomato salad, and some apple thing with chocolate in it.

Taste of Edmonton: Edmonton tastes delicious!!!

We take the LRT to Capital Ex, waving at Jimsheep's house on the way by. The Telus stage is right by the entrance to the Ex. The Doodlebops are playing on the Telus stage. We run away quickly, and find ourselves at this igloo:

After determining that this midway is identical to the one at the Stampede the week before, we decide we won't go on any rides. We embark on a mission to win a blue dragon plushie. We spent pretty much all of our money doing this, but are successful in the end.

Kerri with our loot -- including the Link she found at Collector's Edge:

We find a comfy place to sit for a bit and rest in the shade. It is VERY hot today! There are no public drinking fountains in Northlands Park.

We amuse ourselves with threatening to stick shiny Canada stickers all over V, but settle for sticking them to this bear, instead:

We decide to head down to the Alberta Legislature Grounds to splash in the wading pool and cool down.

Kals left her bathing suit in the car, so she just guards the stuff while Kerries and V take a dip. There is a public drinking fountain here!

Kerri's mom picks us up from the legislature, and we drive to the Denny's across the street from Kals' school, where we get tasty food and lousy service. A thunderstorm is visible out the window to the East of where we are. The rain has stopped by the time we go outside.

Kerries, her mom, and V get in the van and drive back to Calgary, but not before taking some photos in the parking lot. Kals takes the bus home. 5 minutes after she walks in the door, a nasty nasty storm starts. It lasts close to 3 hours. Kals spends over an hour sitting in the crawlspace monitoring the internet for news.

Here is what Edmonton looked like during the storm, after half the city lost power:

Taste of Edmonton: destroyed, all the tents blew all over the place. Also the pedway in the nearby CN building collapsed. No casualties are reported:

Capital Ex: Mostly destroyed. The Zipper blew over, a bunch of tents and booths blew all over the place, and people trampled each other trying to leave.

Edmonton in general: Power was out in much of the city, including traffic lights. Many accidents occured. a Yaris literally blew off the road and into the ditch.

My house: fine, it appears, but a tree limb fell into the yard of the people across the street. Also, it took the city until Monday afternoon to clear the fallen tree from the corner by my house -- they just put out pylons to block the lane it was in on the road.

SO! We met up and the world didn't end, but it sure tried.

Will add photos soon but for now I need sleep before I work tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:19 pm
Wow sounds like you guys had fun and also your timing was pretty good too >.>
*waits for more pictures* biggrin  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:11 am
that does sound like a good time.

although I'm not a big fan of waterparks...don't get me wrong, I'll go...but I'm not going into the water.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:51 am
Note to self: NEVER BUY A YARIS! xd  

God-Raped-Me

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:01 am
Revision: NEVER BUY A YARIS IF YOU LIVE IN TORNADO TERRITORY!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:55 am
At least the world didn't try to end while you were all together...!

Sounds like it was fun... 3nodding

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:36 pm
Pics are up! Kerries and Viral have more to add, I'm sure, but these are mine... the ones of the End of the World are from various sources on the net though.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:00 pm
Those are some very fine pictures, Kals ^_^ I especially liked the picture of Kerri and the loot...and I want loot of my own emo

*waits for more pics from Kerri and Viral* biggrin  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:54 am
Arcanas
that does sound like a good time.

although I'm not a big fan of waterparks...don't get me wrong, I'll go...but I'm not going into the water.

Then why are you suggesting we go to a theme park? Water rides are, like, the safest sort of ride! If you're not going on the water rides and I'm never setting foot on roller coasters, there isn't much we can do.

*Points to Arc.* HE'S A PARTY POOPER! emo

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces