Submit

Slightly Blue

3,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:20 pm
I want my organs to be donated too.

Then, I want my body to be cremated, the ashes put in the jar, and a smiley face sticker stuck on the jar. I'm totally serious about the smiley face sticker.

I don't care what happens to the jar after that, as long as it's not kept around the house. >_> Maybe bury it or something.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:57 pm
Oh wow I want a Capsula Mundi burial! Or something like that.
All I know is I do not want to get pumped full of formaldehyde and latex and put in a wood box in a cement container to remain for all eternity.

The cycle of life exists for a reason. In fact the irony is that "from dust where you made and dust you shall be" is a common saying in Christianity and yet the average funeral doesn't follow through.

And I'm not sure about the organ donning thing. On the one hand I'd love to help people out since being dead I'd not need my organs and yet the idea leaves a funny taste in my mouth.

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Yeonie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:23 pm
I'd personally like to be cremated. Not in the sense where I'd like my future generation to carry me in an urn every time they move or anything disturbing like that...
But because buring an actual body in a casket and into the ground is just a waste of space in the Earth... I'm going to decompose ANYWAY, so why not speed up the process ?
That's what I think, anyway.

But I'm slightly straying off the "What-to-do-with-dead-body" topic...
But now that you talk about morbid thoughts, I certainly had one.
Digging the graves of my family members, and
when I was in my house that was drowning, my parents were trying to pull me down in the water... Whether it was intentional or not, I don't know.

So that's it. :<

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:26 am
I tried discussing this with my family, in case anything ever happened to me. Told my mum I wanted to be cremated, not buried, and an organ donor if possible, and a bunch of other stuff.

She told me to stop being morbid, and that it didn't matter anyway, because the funeral and the arrangements were not up to me, they were up to the family. =/

So from the sounds of it, if anything ever happens to me, I'll end up rotting in some hole in my hometown. She doesn't even approve of me being an organ donor, and she doesn't have a legitimate reason. It's not against her religion, it just "creeps her out". rolleyes

Unless I have a legal will, (and even then, I'm not sure what would hold up), I don't think it matters what I want. =x  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Blade_With_A_Name_On_It

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:35 am
@ Al: are you, by chance, a libertarian?

i'm not going to donate my organs. i'm a firm believer in survival of the fittest. if your organs give out for some reason, any reason really, then it must be the time for you to die.

i want my body to be cremated. placing the dead under ground is ok, but the thought of my body rotting && becoming natural fertalizer, that will be made useless due to the coffin, just gives me the shivers, where as cremation is no big deal to me. i've been burned by fires so many times that it just seems like the fitting thing to do. but, if i were to be put in a grave, i'd want the casket to have a dummy of me && then half way through the open-casket ceramony, have my real body come flying, suspended by something akin to fishing line, down over the mourners. talk about an unforgetable funeral. =^-^=  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:04 am
That really sucks Tae, I'm sorry to hear that. I would hate for my wishes to be completely ignored like that. As morbid as this is, here's hoping your parents go first and the people in charge of your funeral are people you can "force" to do what you want.

@Blade I kind of have a problem with the "if your organs give out too bad you're dead" I mean that's just a little cruel in my mind. I dunno its not like everyone that needs an organ did something so they would get it. I mean it could be as simple as they just got a really bad illness that wreaked havoc on their system, should they really die just cause they were unlucky enough to catch a virus....  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:44 am
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It
i'd want the casket to have a dummy of me && then half way through the open-casket ceramony, have my real body come flying, suspended by something akin to fishing line, down over the mourners. talk about an unforgetable funeral. =^-^=

Exploding raft with body in it is better. My funeral will be more remembered...
>_>

Also, I won't be donating my organs either, but then again that's because I have problems with my heart, Liver, Kidneys, and lungs already. I'm not donating my s**t ( Even if they WOULD let me ) just to have someone else deal with the problems. Whereas I also believe in survival of the fittest, I also happen to support medical technology and advancements... Namely, Pharmaceuticals like Morphine >_>  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:57 am
I'm an organ donor. smile I want to be cremated as well.  

Odd Boy Out

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:03 am
Ohhh, here's a question that kind of fits in with the morbid topic.

Who here has ( or is getting ) their ID or license marked with a DNR stamp? ( Do not Resuscitate for those who may not have known. It means the paramedics CAN NOT resuscitate you )  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:09 pm
NO WAY! If they can revive my a** I sure as hell want them too! GTR was talking about getting a DNR and I told him that if he ever did I would kill him myself just so that way I don't have to go through the pain of watching him die and know there's no hope for him. At least if I kill him I'll want him dead and there will be no pain.... no pain for me to deal with that is.  

God-Raped-Me

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:30 pm
Ahhh, well, it makes sense for you and GTR to not have them though, as you have kids..

Personally, as soon as I get around to getting my drivers license, I'm getting that magical little stamp put onto it. If I die, oh well, then I'm dead. That's the way I look at it. Plus, if a paramedic does revive me, can you say LOLMASSIVELAWSUIT ?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:32 pm
I don't think I'd want them to not even try, I like life too much to just give up so no "DNR" sticker for me  

Sanzoskitsune
Crew

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:28 pm
I'm with Sanzo. I like living for the most part...

Pancake: They can't tell you you can't be an organ donor. They check the conditions of your organs after you die, and if they're not good enough, then they just don't use them. If you have issues with your stuff, there's no way they'd give them to someone else. They put donated organs through a s**t load of testing...

*babble babble*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:01 pm
AlcoholicPancake
Exploding raft with body in it is better. My funeral will be more remembered...
>_>

If you go through with this, can I be invited?

More on topic. I haven't really thought of what I want to happen to me when I kick the bucket. Probably cremated and thrown into shark infested waters, if anything.

Magical Maiden

Astral Seraph

Odd Boy Out

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:52 pm
I think you guys are misunderstanding the donor sticker on your ID. This is how it works in California: You come into the ER with a traumatic brain injury. The doctors will try to save you no matter what. After you're declared brain dead (by two doctors) and your death is imminent (as in they are keeping your body alive with a ventilator) they notify the family. Even if you don't have the sticker your family will be given the option to donate your organs. The sticker on your ID means that your family cannot stop the donation from happening.

Oh and I just noticed this post, I should read more carefully:
Blade_With_A_Name_On_It
i'm not going to donate my organs. i'm a firm believer in survival of the fittest. if your organs give out for some reason, any reason really, then it must be the time for you to die.
I think there are some things you're not considering when it comes to survival of the fittest. You're not including all the man-made things in our world that are killing us. Nor are you considering all the man-made advancements that are helping us survive. People who get organ transplants have been in man-made accidents and stuff. And if they've drunk themselves into oblivion and need a new kidney, they've probably already procreated, or 'survived'.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff