I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Phones, and texting ? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Addicted to using your cellphone ? (Texting, calling, etc)
  HELL YES.
  Yeah, quite a bit.
  Not really. I can live without my cellphone.
  No, I don't even NEED one.
View Results

SilentShadowDreamer

Omnipresent Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:22 am
Yeonie

Any of you Canadians ?

I am!

I have a super-ancient Samsung. No idea what kind. It's just a Samsung - fat little grey thing that I have covered with stickers. It's cute. I think my provider is Bell, but heck if I know, really. >.<

In case the above doesn't make it sort of obvious, I'll be redundant and say that I didn't buy my phone - it was a gift several years ago. I don't use it much - I text friends once or twice a week, sometimes more if they're on at the same time as me. I take it with me if I might need a ride home from somewhere, or if my parents are feeling particularly overprotective that day. (I don't turn it on. >.>) And I often forget to charge it.

Long story short, I am not addicted to my cell phone. It's a useful thing to have if I need to call someone, but mostly it's off when I'm not using it so that people can't call me. Because if I'm out of the house, I'm probably busy. Why do I want people phoning me when I'm busy?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:19 pm
i don't have a cell phone so i don't have a problem....UNLIKE ALL OF YOU PEOPLE!!!! MUHAHAHAHA twisted twisted  

SoLongAndFairWell

NorthEastFire

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 6:49 pm
I don't have a cell phone, and I don't want one. I've never understood why people get so obsessed with them. Maybe it's just that I'm not the type of person that would want to be talking to someone 24/7, but it seems like it would get annoying to constantly be receiving text messages and phone calls, to me.

I find it really annoying when I try to go somewhere or hang out with friends and they're constantly texting other people, too. It's just rude, in my opinion, unless you're talking to a parent or sibling about your plans or something they need to be informed of, or if you're texting other friends to invite them. It's like talking to someone on the phone while you're visiting someone else, really. I don't have anything against people texting if they want to do it at home or when they're not with friends or whatever, but it just aggravates me when my friends constantly text other people whenever we do anything.

If I ever do get a cell phone, it'll just be for important things, like when I need to call home because of a change in plans or something like that. I can see how they come in useful; a lot of the time, I'd like to have one when I go places with my family and don't want to have to spend the whole day with my parents instead of going off on my own. There are usually extras at my dad's shop, though, so it's not really a problem if I can borrow one of those, so it's never really been a problem for me to not have a cell phone.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:53 pm
I...once had a Samsung Gravity. I've never really felt a certain comradery for my phone before this particular one. It was adorable... White and teal, cute little noises, ringtone taken from the Disney Hercules movie, sushi wallpaper... And I'd gotten into the habit of texting almost constantly when I was by myself (never at dinner, never in the company of other friends).

But I lost it approximately one month ago... And I don't even know where else to look. crying  

Slim95
Crew

124-C

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:44 am
I assume that you've tried calling it, yes?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 8:27 pm
GRM just got a blackberry pearl for $40 biggrin It's a Telus phone so I have to get it connected and what not but I plan on going with the unlimited texting for $15 a month. When I do people better want to be texted by me!  

God-Raped-Me

Slim95
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:34 pm
124-C
I assume that you've tried calling it, yes?

Yes, but it died before I lost it... Sooo... That was only a faint hope. gonk  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces