wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:00 am
Whether or not Disney makes great movies really won't affect how great or not Marvel comics continue to be.
There may be more superhero movies, yes, but it's not like all the Marvel movies have been great up to this point. Spiderman, Iron Man, and X-Men yes, but Hulk and Wolverine? Ugh. There's just as much chance of the movies of being good or bad as ever before. Disney isn't gonna turn it all topsy-turvy. As their viewer audience, we will remain unaffected.

John Lasseter is in charge of all Disney animation (Pixar and otherwise). So if you're thinking cartoons, I'm sure he isn't gonna do anything stupid.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 9:19 am
I thought the movies Wolverine and The Hulk, the new one, were really well done! The one Hulk movie sucked though!  

God-Raped-Me

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:21 am
I just don't know, I've seen what Disney can do to a character and storyline. Entertaining =/= canon. I'll reserve my judgment until there've been enough Disney/Marvel movies to establish a theme. xp  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:40 am
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX
I just don't know, I've seen what Disney can do to a character and storyline. Entertaining =/= canon. I'll reserve my judgment until there've been enough Disney/Marvel movies to establish a theme. xp

Okay but again...it's not like all Disney writers are wishy-washy. The risk of any Marvel movie made being bad is still the same as ever. If anything, Disney will improve movies because their budget will be better for the movie and its marketing. I'm sure the same groups of writers will still be doing them all. And same with any actors involved.

GRM - Yeah, I was talking the Hulk before the most recent one. There's no escaping that suckage.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 12:41 pm
Why's everyone hatin' on Disney? ;_; *equips Mickey Mouse ears and listens to this*  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:48 pm
Alarias
Why's everyone hatin' on Disney? ;_; *equips Mickey Mouse ears and listens to this*

Everyone always hates on Disney... emo

*snuggles nearest Mickey item...which is a coaster*

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:01 pm
I like Disney too, but old Disney like the 80's cartoons and the movies they still drew by hand. Some of their story lines suck now!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:27 pm
I haven't honestly seen most of their most recent cartoon movies. But things should be better now that John Lasseter's in charge. I'm looking forward to The Princess and the Frog and Rapunzel.  

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:33 pm
As am I, Waku ^_^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:37 am
wakusei
Whether or not Disney makes great movies really won't affect how great or not Marvel comics continue to be.
There may be more superhero movies, yes, but it's not like all the Marvel movies have been great up to this point. Spiderman, Iron Man, and X-Men yes, but Hulk and Wolverine? Ugh. There's just as much chance of the movies of being good or bad as ever before. Disney isn't gonna turn it all topsy-turvy. As their viewer audience, we will remain unaffected.

John Lasseter is in charge of all Disney animation (Pixar and otherwise). So if you're thinking cartoons, I'm sure he isn't gonna do anything stupid.
I myself am not so concerned about movies and cartoons, but about the ORIGINAL canon, such as the Ultimate X-men comics, or Uncanny X-Men, Ultimate Spider Man, Ultimate Avengers, things like those ae what im worried will be ruined.  

O h a y a r i

Demonic Hunter

13,600 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 am
But why? Marvel comics are still written by the same people they were before Disney bought them.... That's really like...the least thing to be worried about.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 pm
wakusei
XxStephasaurusxXxRexxX

Okay but again...it's not like all Disney writers are wishy-washy. The risk of any Marvel movie made being bad is still the same as ever. If anything, Disney will improve movies because their budget will be better for the movie and its marketing. I'm sure the same groups of writers will still be doing them all. And same with any actors involved.

You make a good point, but because not all Marvel story lines and characters are intended for/marketed toward/designed with kids in mind, I worry Disney may try to "simplify" these characters or make a kids' version to go along with the originals. It’s there that the stories will be compromised, because a lot of Marvel characters deal with some very serious issues that aren’t really kid-oriented.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:57 pm
Not all of Disney is kid oriented! Please see my post on the different movies companies Disney owns if you haven't already. There is no reason to think Disney would ever make Marvel kiddiefy all their stories. Marvel gladly accepted the transaction...you really think they would if all Disney was going to do was take over all their story writing? No. It's just so that Disney and Marvel can make more money doing just what they've been doing. Marvel needed better marketing, Disney needed something to appeal to young boys. Done and done. That's it.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:25 am
What appeals to young boys more than cartoons? Oh, cartoons about comic book characters.

There is plenty of reason to think that Disney will make Marvel cartoons. Our society is almost entirely entertainment-based. Why make one live-action movie when you can make several cartoon follow-ups, and kids are a large deciding factor in what parents buy. Movies may not be the end of the Disneyfication. Merchandise such as T-shirts and the like are always a must when a new Disney movie comes out.

Anyway, I never said that any of this is a definite occurrence, but I think it's a valid position based on all the other stories that Disney has "cartoonified," and if you disagree, that's your prerogative. I don't think I've said anything that can be out-and-out proved to be false, so I don't see where the issue arises.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 6:32 am
they'll probably make a kid version of the marvel heroes followed by a Series for adults to view...  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff