Submit

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:43 pm
The perverse part of my brain now wants to send La Belle Trish a copy of Twilight, just 'cause, even though I don't own a copy myself. ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:23 pm
I'm not too terribly careful with my own books; a lot of them are pretty beat up. But I'm very careful with other peoples' possessions. :s You just don't mistreat stuff that has been loaned to you.  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:43 pm
I am very kind to other people's books, and if I do harm it in any way, then I buy them a new copy. 3nodding

*totally wants to send La Belle/Trish a copy of Twilight with instructions on the front cover that say "1) Hold book in hand 2) Place book in fire 3) Celebrate with junk food of choice. ENJOY!" *  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:16 pm
I honestly tried to read it, even after sitting through the most boring movie in existence. I have a copy, every now and then I see how far into it I can get before tossing the thing on the floor. The first chapter is still yet to be finished.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 1:07 am
Surazal Dloc
... I cringe any time someone picks up one of my books and curls back the cover and stuff like that. I have like a very precise way of holding books to cause minimum damge and such.

^.^ you can borrow my books any time, bby!

I ordered a used book from someplace, and either USPS or Canada Post had the courtesy to drop it in a puddle before they got it to me. And Canada Post had the presence of mind to put it in a nice plastic "we're sorry your item was damaged, it was like this when we got it" bag so that it couldn't dry out until I received it. gonk

Also: hahaha we could totally start a tradition where we all send each other copies of books in that wretched Twilight series to burn! BURN!!!

Does anyone use Shelfari.com to keep track of his or her personal library? I'm just trying it out, but you can search up books, then you can set them as books that you've read, are currently reading, or plan to read. You can indicate which books you own, and there's a box to check if you've lent it out. You can also maintain a wishlist there. It might be useful for the purposes of this idea.

My bookshelf is located here. It is far from complete, it would take me weeks to catalog my collection, so there are dribs and drabs from different categories... lots of children's books and stuff. But I've got enough there that you can get the idea of how it might be useful.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:02 am
@ Chex: Oh I don't mean I like go out of my way to ruin them xD its just because they are already usually a bit tattered im just a bit less careful with them. Like the damage is already done sorta thing.

@ La Belle: I'll send my two twilight books to anyone who wants them, and they don't have to send them back : D

@ Kals: THIS is EPIC! I'mma put the books I have up.

*reserves this spot to post Shellfari link later*  

Surazal Dloc

[ Terra ]

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:41 am
Trish the Stalker
I might join as long as nobody sends me Twilight. If they do, I keel them.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

You wouldn't even want my copy? It's filled with post-it notes providing a running commentary of "Bella is being such a b***h", "yes, Bella, it's so horrible that everyone at school likes you!", "this is soooo sexist", "if I hear one more thing about Edwards liquid topaz eyes I'll be sick", "this is a healthy relationship how?" and "OMG *****, it sounds like a great idea but I'm pretty protective of my books. I'd be paranoid about them getting damaged during travel. Not to mention paying for international postage when I am trying to save money at the moment.

For keeping track of my books, you can find me at:
Shelfari
GoodReads
LibraryThing
My book blog

Now that my net is done being crap, over the next few days I plan to be finally updating these sites. Especially my book blog, which has been a bit neglected lately so I'll be rolling out some more reviews at long last.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:20 am
Well Terra your post reminded me of your blog I once looked at when you first started but forgot about it since I've been too lazy to finish setting up my blogger account. Anywho I wanted to comment on your blog but I can't cause I can't remember my Gmail password to log in and I made a crappy security question whcih I can't answer XD and so I'll just post the comment here.

"O_O <-- That's me stunned. It looks fantastic. It suits you really well ^.^ Hooray for trying new things : D"

EDIT: Since I'm all neutortic about my books and stuff, I I thought I might just buy someone a copy, but then I thought thats not really in the tru spirit of things, so I have decided I shall participate and risk the safety of my books. XD So I'm in!  

Surazal Dloc

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:22 am
So, if folks are interested in using Shelfari, there is now an ATG Group there so we can find each other easily without having to hunt down and add each other.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:33 pm
I have my books in Google Books which doesn't seem to play well with the other three sites listed.

Also, I find the whole process of digitizing a record of my library to be most frustrating... Especially with an import tool as bitchy as Shelfari's seems to be.  

124-C

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:03 am
Surazal Dloc
I don't know if I could mail my books. You see I'm very neurotic protective of my books. I cringe any time someone picks up one of my books and curls back the cover and stuff like that. I have like a very precise way of holding books to cause minimum damge and such. And right my address on the inside of the cover? *faints*

Oddl I have no careful feelings towards library books. I dont really care how I look after them xD

OMg it's another Hugo! o.o;

He is my friend's brother and he reads his mangas by opening them only about 25° if that. I'm like how can that even be pleasurable ? You have to have your nose inside the book and the angles that the words/pictures must look like must be totally weird I just would not be able to get into a book that way.

I wouldn't mind participating in this but whoever lent me their book has been forewarned I will open the book! x'D
And I swear I'd've written the same thing as Bass20XX did for likes in books x'D.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:32 pm
Iecur
Surazal Dloc
I don't know if I could mail my books. You see I'm very neurotic protective of my books. I cringe any time someone picks up one of my books and curls back the cover and stuff like that. I have like a very precise way of holding books to cause minimum damge and such. And right my address on the inside of the cover? *faints*

Oddl I have no careful feelings towards library books. I dont really care how I look after them xD

OMg it's another Hugo! o.o;

He is my friend's brother and he reads his mangas by opening them only about 25° if that. I'm like how can that even be pleasurable ? You have to have your nose inside the book and the angles that the words/pictures must look like must be totally weird I just would not be able to get into a book that way.

I wouldn't mind participating in this but whoever lent me their book has been forewarned I will open the book! x'D
And I swear I'd've written the same thing as Bass20XX did for likes in books x'D.

When I read Manga I open the front cover to exactly 180 degrees and pu one creases in it so I will stay open, yet close again easily without ruining the book. It als mean I dont have to hold it in a way thbends the covers back.  

Surazal Dloc

Kerrigan_dragon

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:30 pm
Shelfari:
http://www.shelfari.com/kerrigan_dragon/shelf
biggrin

If you click on "Own" then it'll actually show the books in the series order. Sorta, I think there's a couple series' in a greater timeline I mixed up, but the series' themselves are fine. :3  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:40 pm
Surazal Dloc: Okay I think I got everything but pu ? o.O;
Put ahahhahaha x'D
Right ? And also I didn't quite understand. What your instructions. I was going to try it but then I figured since you said mangas it was only instructions specific to those types of reading material ? e.g. Smaller types of books ? If that is correct I doubt that would work on Deception Point x'D.  

Iecur

Space Sleuth

6,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Lapin Patrol Kastra: Victory! 250
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers