Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Growing up in the 90's Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sing a song, any song!
  Gallavanting, shake, shake, Shake! Gallavanting, yeah, yeah, yeah!
  What's little on top and big in the middle and pink all over? Serendipity, the pink dinosaur!
  Samurai pizza cats! They're stamping out crime and you know that ain't bologna
View Results

Himeshima-chan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:46 pm
I was born in 92 so I was pretty young through most the 90's
but I had an older sister and my favorite show's were invader zim, sailor moon, recess, hey arnold, rugrats, and I'm sure there's more I just can't think of them at the time

and one thing that I'm finding amazing is that hot topic is getting in t-shirts of a lot of the old school cartoons
for christmas me and my sister actually got our cousin a reptar shirt
he was ecstatic lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 pm
anybody used to watch David the Gnome and Eureka's castle on Nick those shows were awesome  

l Sailor Cancer l

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:26 am
I used to watch Eureka's Castle way back when.

Gawd...I forgot that Poke`mon came out when I was 12...I forget what year that was...

1999...should that even really count as being in the 90's?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:12 am
Kals is questing again!
Every time I see the poll in here, I think of this

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

TeaTimeDesserts

5,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:41 am
Well, I was born in 89, so I remember quite a bit about the 90's and the awesome cartoons. I remember watching Pepper Ann on saturdays. That show was so awesome. I wanted to be Pepper Ann Pearson xd

Then there was Doug (which was just as cool), 2 Stupid Dogs, Hey Arnold, Recess, Gundum Wing ( I had my first crush on one of the characters sweatdrop ) and, of course, Sailor Moon.

In my opinion, they don't make cartoons now like they did back then.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:40 am
I remember...

Ren and Stimpy, Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Mighty Morphin Power Ranger (original), Talespin, Rocko’s Modern Life, Animaniacs, Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Beavis and Butthead, The Tick, Daria, Futurama (but I guess you can still watch it nowadays), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Are you Afraid of the Dark?, Donkey Kong Country, Powerpuff Girls, Johnny Bravo, Freakazoid, Courage the Cowardly Dog, The Magic School Bus, Reboot, CatDog, Street Fighter...

I watched all these and many more. There's an awesome website called
retrojunk.com and it has tons of stuff from the 70's, 80's, and 90's. You should totally check it out.

Fionna-Rose

Sugary Bunny

Rica is insane

6,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:35 am
I was born in 1990 so I'm fairly sure I count as a 90's kid. razz

The only ones I remember is Once Upon a Forest and Troll in Central Park.

My sister adores Once Upon a Forest to this day and I wish I could find Troll in Central Park, I absolutely loved that movie.

I also remember the more popular shows like Space Ghost Coast to Coast, Animaniacs, Powerpuff Girls, DragonBall, the old Goosebumps shows that they only show around Halloween nowadays, Legend of the Hidden Temple, GUTS, and all those other game shows for kids....I miss those days. xD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:24 pm
I remember when All That was all that and when Clarissa Explained it all... When Aladdin, The Little mermaid, and even Belle's Magical Storytime was on... There was also Hysteria... And Fraggle Rock...

It's so hard to find any decent shows on anymore... If i had kids, I'd make them watch what i used to watch when i was a kid...  

Pnytenshi

YunieCookie

Silent Star

17,250 Points
  • Married 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:52 pm
I was born in '92, but, I still remember spending Saturdays on the couch with my dad watching TV, or waiting for a show to finish before my mum taking me and brother to the bus.

Ones I remember best: Bill Nye The Science Guy, Samurai Pizza Cats, Sailor Moon, Are You Afraid of the Dark? (I was thinking of this show the other day, but couldn't for the life of me remember what it was called), Alladin, Power Puff Girls, Dragon Ball (though I only watched it because my brother refused to change the channel), Pepper Ann, Doug, Magic School Bus, Reboot, CatDog, Hey Arnold, Recess...

I watched a lot of TV when I was littler xd

OH, and Whinnie the Pooh! I was pretty much raised on that x3  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:14 pm
I remember Power Rangers, Gargoyles, Street Sharks (they came and went pretty quick though). I spent most of my time watching Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Puzzle Place and Lamb Chops play along. I didn't get into reading Sailor Moon until waaaay later. Along with Johnny Bravo and reading Goosebumps.  

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

sankapoo

8,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:18 pm
0-0Roland Deschain0-0
GRM
When I was really young I watched Today's Special, Gummi Bears, Teddy Ruxpin, Rupert, The GOOD Sesame Street, Poka Dot Door, Mr. Dressup, the one with the creepy guy who used to sing "It's a wonderful day in the neighbourhood", I watched Sharon Lois and Bram... That one wasn't by choice though.

Mr. Rogers?

I never really liked the zelda or mario cartoons.

and of course everyone remembers Bill Nye the Science Guy, right?

AHAHAH I totally forgot about Bill Nye! He was awesome. Oh and Magic School bus.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:57 pm
I bought my son the whole mario brothers series. He likes Mario and he say them at the store on dvd. How could I say no...
I used to watch Gummi Bears, Pound Puppies, Popples, Top Cat, Fraggle Rock, Gargoyles, Voltron, Gundam Wing, Thundercats, Sailor Moon, Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain, Ren and Stimpy, Beavis and Butthead, Woody Woodpecker, Dragonball Z, and the Pink Panther.
Now I'm an 80's baby so I might be running the 80s and 90s together, but I think it'll be okay.  

Khawk25

Aachren

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:46 pm
Ummm...GI Joe was HUGE in the 90's...you children, you.

Anyway, the best part of the 90's now is that when you go to a Halloween party with grown-ups there is always at least one guy dressed as Quail Man. And it is AWESOME.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:48 pm
Oh my gosh, "Mr. Bogus" and "Bobby's World." I watched more than that, but those two I almost forget, along with "Sonic the Hedgehog" TV show. 3nodding  

Miss Ami Mizuno

Tusyo

1,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:39 am
Street Sharks, Gargoyles, Bonkers, Tale Spin, Duck Tales, Rainbow Brite, Reading Rainbow, Clarissa Explains it all, Angela Anaconda, The Animated Beetlejuice, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Cousion Skeeter, Invader Zim, Angry Beavers, Kablam, The Wild Thornberry's, Rugrats (not ALL GROWED UP), Tales ...from the Crypt, Captian Planet, Johnny Bravo, Powerpuff Girls, Dexter's Laboratory, Tiny Toon Adventures, Looney Toons (when they used to smoke), The Tick, Freakazoid, Animaniacs, Strawberry Shortcake, Fraggle Rock, Muppet Babies, Alvin and the Chipmunks (the tv series, not the movies), The original X Men series (the one where rouge and the professor could fly), Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers, Lamb Chops Play Along, Gullah Gullah Island, Bananas In Pajamas, Bobby's World, Darkwing Duck, Bad Dog, Cardcaptors, Season 1 of YuGiOh, Pokemon, and Digmon.

...I am sure I am still missing A LOT!! I used to watch...too much t.v. when I was younger. I really loved Bonkers, Chip and Dale, Dark wing Duck, Tail Spin, Gummie Bears, and Duck Tales.

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff