Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm
03.01 Change and Expectations: Hiabi

Well, this had been unexpected. Essentially everything that had happened since the previous sunrise, that is. Initially, Hiabi had no intention of ever acquiring a Soquili, or even attempting to obtain one. She could not deny they were beautifully mysterious and majestic creatures, but the idea of a charge.. a companion had always sounded troublesome. Like a burden; one the native didn't really fancy herself carrying, especially not now. She was still young. Spirited. Free, even! The shackles, as she imagined the added responsibility, were neither needed nor wanted. And that's where she had been mistaken; where her plan and philosophy began to unravel.

Hiabi had caught a glimpse of the intricately woven baskets the evening before their ceremony. Now, that wasn't such a novel thing. It certainly hadn't been the first time since she'd set sight on the unique shelters, each one characteristically different from the last. Nor were the foals that she knew would emerge unfamiliar. It was, however, the first time she took any sort of interest in them past an awing gaze. One struck her as special; as interesting. It made her linger more than the typical moment or two to admire it, though she hadn't given it further thought at the time.

It wasn't until the following morning, when she saw the baskets again, basking in the soft sunlight it occurred to her. One was perfect. It intrigued her and captured her attention unlike any Soquili (or basket) she had encountered. And it was done; Hiabi cast her apprehensions aside and admitted to herself she was at least going to try to earn it. May as well, she told herself. If it was meant to come into her care, it would. If it wasn't, she wouldn't let it trouble her. She participated with that resolution.

And before she realized it, here she was. An independent hunter... with a basket. A living being that needed her care; needed to be loved and watched over her every waking moment. She could have stood to think ahead a little more clearly, Hiabi decided. What was she going to do with it? She couldn't very well strap it to her back and take it with her on tracking expeditions or practicing her marksmanship. The young woman sighed a little as she lay the basket to rest on the grassy floor, taking slight relief in the ease of the strain on her muscles. "What am I going to do with you?" She eyed the bow and quiver placed carefully in the back of her teepee, and shook her head slightly. Something told her she'd be using those a lot less, at least for a while. Removing her hands from their previous rest on her hips, she knelt to lift the basket once again. "Suppose we could use a walk. Or I could, anyway. Get to know each other a little..." And Hiabi smiled slightly; excited despite her reservations, and she made her way toward the river.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:02 pm
03.02 Socilaization? What's that?: Hiabi, Lequoia & Nadie

Syrran
    She walked up to Hiabi and tilted her head. Her arms were a bit sore from lugging her basket around so she set it down next to her, keeping one eye on it intently. She smiled at Hiabi. " Hello! My name is Lequoia. What is yours?" She glanced at the beatiful basket Hiabi had before her and then back at Hiabi herself.

Cihiru
    Hiabi herself was not an outwardly friendly person, and thus was taken aback when another not only approached, but introduced herself in a blatantly cheery fashion. It made her raise a brow, and throw a questioning glance at her unanswering basket.

"Hiabi..." The reply dangled uncomfortably, and she made another crack at conversation. "Good to meet you." Leaning back on her heels, she hooked her thumbs on the waist of her buckskin pants, and looked back to the baskets that rested silently on the ground.

Syrran
    Smirked. " I aplogize for startling you I was merely admiring your basket. It is nice to meet you." She leaned down, her chocolate eyes fixed on Hiabi's basket. " Are you excited?" She stood again and she placed the few stray strands of her ebony hair back to their rightful place

Cihiru
    Startled wasn't quite the word for it, but she bit back a defensive retort. This... Lequoia seemed harmless enough, if nothing else. "Excited?" Hiabi had to repeat the question to herself to fully digest it. It had been a rather forward one, and she wasn't entirely sure how to respond. "One might say that..." Her gaze shifted from the other, back to the baskets, and returned to Lequoia once again. "It is difficult not to be." And this was also difficult to admit, for excitement was something she saw as unpredictable. Uncontrolled. Weak, even. And weakness was very hard to admit, indeed. "... Are you?"

Syrran
    She could feel how tense Hiabi was and she gave a slight smile " I suppose. No matter what happens as long as its alive and well I am satisfied." She returned Hiabi's gaze. " Are you from around here?" She hated to ask so many guestions but she couldn't seem to do much else.

Cihiru
    The smile was not an expression she returned, though she did notice it. No, her expression was more of a nondescript... 'What do you think you're doing?' with a hint of a frown. "I am." Curt, maybe, but honest enough. Hiabi was born a part of the Kawani tribe, though she'd been seeing more and more lately that weren't. Not that she cared one way or the other, but it was at times difficult not to notice. "You?" Her fading manners reminded her it was only proper to return the inquiry.

Syrran
    She let her face go blank. "Well my family was Nez Peirce, by blood I am Nez Peirce...but by heart I am not sure of anymore" She stiffled a sigh and sat with her legs crossed. Her basket by her side. "My family and I did not get along."

Cihiru
    The last statement broke her expression, as it sounded more like something to induce question than an idle comment... And she didn't want to get wrapped up in life stories. It wasn't any of her business; she didn't care any more than she wanted to share her own story.

"I see. I am sorry..." She trailed off again, unsure what to say given her feelings on the matter, and the necessary boundaries of kindness. Considering, she assumed it best to say as little as possible. After all, she didn't want to go off offending this person she'd just met, even if she wasn't overly fond of company. Sighing, Hiabi shrugged her shoulders slightly.

Syrran
    Her smile returned. " Its quite alright." She had felt a bit uneasy telling Hiabi this and was glad that she hadn't asked anymore from her. She stood once again and streached. "If you don't mind me asking, I am still new here and don't know a great deal about your tribe. Would you mind telling me about them?"

Eamane
    Nadie was breathing heavily by the time she had managed to get outside of her teepee. The bloody basket seemed as though it was full of stones not a small horse! She held her hand up to shield her eyes from the bright sun and looked around for signs of life, she was getting bored without human contact.

She spotted a pair of girls a small ways away and so with a grunt she began to half carry, half drag her basket over.

She was sweating by the time she managed to reach the girls. She plopped down on the ground without an invite and gave a lopsided smile "hello"

Syrran
    Lequoia turned to the new girl and smiled warmly. " Hello, we haven't met yet. I'm Lequoia and..." She turned to Hiabi waiting for a reaction.

Cihiru
    Likewise, she was relieved Lequoia demanded nothing more. Or at least, she was, until the other prodded at an only slightly different topic of discussion. "That is a rather loaded question..." What was there to say? She clearly had been living amongst them long enough to be accepted into their culture, what more insight could Hiabi possibly give? "I am not sure what to tell you."

She was sure, however, that she was quickly beginning to wish the group of people would grow no further. Isolationist? Maybe a little. "My name is Hiabi." She nodded to the other, though she didn't offer any further greeting.

Eamane
    Nadie shook her long hair out and leaned casually against her basket "I'm Nadie, i'm glad to meet you both" Her brown eyes sparkled with mischief. Hmm strange companions. One seemed friendly enough but the other...

Syrran
    Sighed. " I am pleased to meet you as well Nadie." She glances over at Nadies basket and then back to Nadie herself. " You have one as well. Thats very nice indeed." She turned her on her heel back over to Hiabi " I apologize if I am not to your liking, if you wish for me to leave, I will"

Cihiru
    Apologize? Not to her liking? She frowned lightly, unable to relate and unsure how to treat the response. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well." Her inner self hoped no one would notice her discomfort, and it perhaps made her appear a little more displeased than she really was.

"Not at all... If I am bothering you, I will leave myself." Hiabi pushed a few stray locks behind her shoulder, and knelt to retrieve her basket from the ground near her feet.

Syrran
    " Oh you don't bother me at all, you just seem to not be used to others thats all. Or at least not others like me." She shifted her weight from one foot to the other uneasily. " I would like to be your friend, perhaps have our soquili's grow up together, but I don't want to make you uncomfortable"

Cihiru
    Hiabi paused mid crouch and rested her weight on one knee. "I am not." She was of the general opinion she didn't want to be, either. Creatures of nature offered far more companionship than others, and she rarely found herself missing conversation only humans had to offer.

Part of her wanted to blurt 'I don't keep friends,' but her conscience forbade it. "The soquili will grow with whomever he chooses, and I cannot find reason for anyone to desire associating with me." She wasn't exactly trying to say 'go away,' but it might have sounded that way.

Syrran
    Nodded and sighed. " Well I suppose you enjoy being solitary. If you ever change your mind let me know." She picked up her basket, her muscles still a bit sore from doing so but she ignored it and walked a while away from Hiabi and sat down in the green grass with her basket silently.

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:10 pm
03.03 A First Time for Everything: Kourin, Taima, Cyrus, Lequoia & Hiabi

Cihiru
    One tired eye cracked open as the filly released a lazy yawn, and she pushed herself up on wobbly limbs. Rest was all well and good, but one could take only so much in a day. She needed something else to do, and with that conclusion, she set off across the landscape, Hiabi a comfortable distance behind. She'd pause now and then to listen to the birds overhead, or investigate a stray insect to cross her path, but her journey was perhaps more purposeful. She was looking for something more interesting than that.

Syrran
    Tai perked up, his ears swiveled as he heard something in the distance. He turned his head and there she was. Another one like him! He walked over and stared at her. Wondering whether or not to approach her.

Draculas Babe
    Cyrus glanced around and pranced in happily. He shook is neck as his withers twitched. He looked around through his forelock and neighed softly and lowly.

Syrran
    Another? He turned and saw Cyrus. His ears were pinned forward. he's so big.... He pawed at the ground and snorted a bit to see if this larger version of himself would notice him.

Draculas Babe
    Cyrus ears twitched to his sighed and seen the small foal, he walked over to it cautiously and neighed greetingly followed by a short snort. His emerald green eyes watched piercingly but in a softer tone than most would think.

Cihiru
    She was slower to notice the other, having been previously occupied with a bug that seemed to think her nose an appropriate place to perch. It caused her to shake her head in disdain and dance a few steps backward. And then she saw the colt, just out of the corner of her eye. She turned to face him, her head tilted slightly in curiosity, but her ears turned back from apprehension. "Who're you?" Manners were still foreign.

Syrran
    He got a bit confused as to who to approach but as Cyrus was a bit scary to him still he turned towards the filly. He leaned forward a bit asking to sniff her. Hey there! I'm Tai, can I sniff you?His tail swished back and forth a bit.

Cihiru
    "Sniff...?" That was an idea she was not entirely sure she was comfortable with, and her nose wrinkled. The filly did not share his outgoing curiosity, but she took a hesitant step forward anyway. "I guess... if you want to."

Syrran
    He could tell that he needed to tone himself down a bit. He edge close to her and sniffed her gently by the muzzle. He kept his eyes on her as he did so and then pulled away again. there not so bad... He nickered at her and then turned towards Lequoia who had been watching see her? thats my person. Where is yours?

Lequoia watched them from a distance and smiled. She spotted Hiabi but was hesitant to walk over to her. She didn't want to intrude...

Cihiru
    The filly met his gaze with discomfort, which was soothed as he backed away. "I guess not..." Bobbing her head slightly in agreement, she followed his eyes to rest on a human standing not far away. "Oh. She's... somewhere." She turned abruptly and craned her neck to peer through the trees. "There."

Hiabi had seated herself at the base of a large trunk once she realized the foal wasn't going to wander far. Rather than hovering over the filly's every move, she leaned back against the bark and stared thoughtfully into the canopy, keeping a listening ear on her actions instead.

Syrran
    I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable. I didn't mean to His eyes grew large and sad. He followed her gaze toward Hiabi but he was no longer interested. He didn't know how to get her over her shyness.

She sighed heavily. Wondering whether or not Tai is having the same problems with the filly as she was having with Hiabi. She yearned to become her friend but the introverted Hiabi didn't seem to want her friendship.

Cihiru
    "Er.." She turned again to face him, her ears drooping slightly. "I didn't mean anything like that." Her gaze fell to the ground for a moment before she lifted it again. "You're not bothering me any." She did her best to sound cheerful, and even took another step or two toward him. "Really."

It was true, Hiabi did not desire companionship from anyone. Perhaps that is why she had been so taken aback when she learned the foal was to come into her care. What plans did the spirits have in mind?

Syrran
    His eye brightened and he curbed his need to nuzzle her Okay, if you're sure.

Why? Why would she not want friends? Through all my travels I have never found another to be such a solitary person....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:21 pm
03.04 A Whole New World: Kourin, Taima, Hiabi & Lequoia

Syrran
    Taima shook his head to get the sleep out of his eyes and he sprawled his long legs out on the grass. He wanted to get up and wander but he decided to lay there for just a moment longer. He nuzzled Lequoia who he had been resting his head on during his nap.

Cihiru
    "Careful." Hiabi leaned forward and braced her arm against the young foal's chest. "I do not think he is as fond of you as you are of him." Kneeling forward, she used her other hand to usher the small squirrel back into the shrubbery, ignoring his chirping complaints.

Kourin pushed against the barrier curiously, stretching her neck to get a better look at the small lump of fur, despite Hiabi's best efforts to keep her from doing so. When, at last, it disappeared into the leaves and shadows, she turned and pranced off to find something else to occupy her attention.

Syrran
    He finally decided to get up. He shook himself a bit and streached his neck before walking around. He sniffed the air a bit and then his ears swiveled to the sound of Hiabi's voice. He walked in the direction of the noise and then stood there watching the woman. He saw the filly he had been with the day before but was cautious about apporaching them.

Lequoia turned to where Taima was walking and saw Hiabi. She smiled and nodded but said nothing. She turned and laid on her stomach to watch them.

Cihiru
    The initial sounds of steps on old twigs and dry leaves did not appeal to her curiosity, but the sight of the familiar foal did draw her attention. She looked once over her shoulder, at Hiabi, then turned to the colt, and took a few steps toward him. Kourin gave a soft whinny in greeting, but did not close the distance between them yet.

Hiabi acknowledged Lequoia's wordless greeting with a nod, but nothing more. Rather, she stepped back and seated herself against an ancient tree, much as she'd done the day before, and observed the two equines in silence.

Syrran
    He let out a soft, low nicker for a reply and sniffed at the ground. He raised his head again and tilted it a bit Did you want to go exploring? He was very quiet and moved very slowly so as not to startle the filly.

Cihiru
    Questioningly, Kourin tilted her head, an uncertain shine in her eyes. "Exploring... What?" No, it wasn't the thought of adventure that bothered her. She, too, had a thirsting curiosity, but... She wasn't sure of the idea of wandering just yet. What would their humans think? She didn't want to bother anyone, nor cause Tai unnecessary trouble (from anyone, or anything).

Syrran
    He smirked. Oh nothing far away. Just around the village. In the sight of our humans. He hadn't heard the word humans before but he knew what it meant. It seemed to be what those creatures were Lequoia...Hiabi...Namid... He took a step towards Kourin If you don't want to though we could always do something else. Lequoia has been trying to teach me this thing called. "tag"

Cihiru
    "Oh." Her concern lowered. "I don't mind." She had no idea what this 'tag' was, but if Lequoia had been trying to teach it to Tai, it mustn't have been anything too awful. "Anything is alright." She hated to sound so indecisive, but found it difficult not to be, given the situation. "You might have to explain what 'tag' is though... If you want to do that."

Syrran
    hmmm well I think what she was trying to teach me is you have a bunch of players right? Well one person tries to chase the other and touch them. Then that person tries to catch another person to be "it". It involves alot of running.... He was beginning to think she may not like this game.Which ever you would like to do. He took another step towards her but made sure he was still a few feet away from her. When I play it with Lequoia I always get treats though. You think we should play with Hiabi? He was curious about Kourin's person. She wasn't at all like Namid or Lequoia....

Cihiru
    "Um." She absorbed the explanation, and considered it for a moment. In all honesty, it sounded relatively pointless, and she wasn't sure running around senselessly would be all that much fun. "Maybe we should look around?" This seemed more opportunistic to her, and sounded to be a generally better idea. "I don't know if she'd want to play... tag..." Her time with Hiabi had been spent 'bonding,' she called it. Petting, sleeping, wandering around. Introducing her to the environment and the wildlife that inhabited it. That wasn't to say Kourin didn't enjoy it, but these games were more foreign to her.

Syrran
    Okay. To be honest I think she tought it to me so I would strengthen my muscles. Shes been doing alot of...um..what did she call it? "imprinting" whatever that is. He pranced a bit and swished his tail playfully. Lets go exploring then. He looked up at the trees as birds flew from branch to branch.

Cihiru
    The process actually sounded very familiar to her, and she nodded a little. Hiabi had been doing something similar, she suspected, albeit in a different fashion. "Alright." She bounded forward a few steps before pausing, realizing she didn't know where to go just yet. "Where do you want to start?"

Syrran
    He realized this too and stopped prancing for a moment. Well maybe we should go to the top of that hill over there and see what there is to do here? The hill wasn't extremely large but steep enough to make it interesting. It gave a great veiw and was right in their humans sight. He began to dance again. His hooves puffing up small clouds of dirt.

Cihiru
    "Sounds as good a place as any." She turned and trotted toward the hill, which, ironically, lay in exactly the opposite direction she'd been heading. But not before glancing over her shoulder to make sure Hiabi would follow. When she saw the reassuring nod, Kourin headed up the grassy slope, her tail swaying behind her.

Syrran
    He reared up and hit the ground running. He slowed when he reached Kourin. Taima looked at the landscape. The river, the forest, the mountains. So this is our home?

Cihiru
    She glanced at him when he neared the hill's peak, and followed his gaze out across the scenery. "I guess so." She peered at the teepees that dotted the river's bank, trying to spot the one Hiabi and she called theirs. "That's ours." She grinned in a satisfied sort of way before looking back to the main hub of the Kawani village; people bustling back and forth between the tents.

Syrran
    He gave a little nod and smiled. Its a very nice teepee. He turned his head towards the forest Ours is in there. Its not too far in but enough to where you can't see it from here. Its a pretty little teepee with a horse on the front of it. He swished his tail to bat away a fly and turned towards Kourin Are we ..."friends"?

Cihiru
    "I bet it's nice." She looked back to the trees that lined the forest's edge, trying to imagine the tent nestled just behind them. "Friends?" Kourin glanced at Tai, caught slightly off-guard by the sudden question. "I guess so." And she smiled a little before turning to gaze over the settlement.

Syrran
    Tai gave a small whinnie and a tiny buck for joy. My first friend... biggrin He laid down in the grass and rolled a bit before standing back up and shaking.Thanks. He followed her gaze towards the settlement. Have you met any of the other foals?

Cihiru
    She did not share his... overwhelming joy, but tried not to interrupt him. Couldn't blame someone for being happy, after all. "Other foals? Not yet..." She hadn't even considered there might be other foals, actually, and had to admit to herself it had been a little naive.

Syrran
    I haven't met any either. I've heard that there are others though. I can hear them sometimes but I can never seem to find them. He thought about that large black stallion he had seen the day before and wondered if he knew where the others were. He was a little uneasy with him though and didn't want to go find him to ask.

Cihiru
    "I hadn't noticed..." She could feel her embarrassment surface on her features and tried to cover it with another comment. "Maybe we should go look around the village instead?" Kourin thought maybe they could meet some of these... people instead. And who knew what kind of interesting things there might be to do there; she had never ventured to the center of the community herself.

Syrran
    He smiled and swished his tail happily. I?d love to. He pranced down the hill. Throwing his head a bit. Can Hiabi see you from there? He turned towards Lequoia who was now on a boulder near the village reading, then back to Kourin.

Cihiru
    "Alright." She grinned a little and followed his lead down the hill. "Probably not..." Kourin paused mid-step and turned to look over her shoulder, trying to spot her companion somewhere in the distance, to no avail. "Hmm." The filly turned more fully and double-checked the landscape, trying to assure she hadn't just missed something. "Oh well. It'll be alright." And she nodded a little, more to reassure herself than anything.

Hiabi was, in fact, watching as carefully as always, hidden away in the shadows of the trees. She would be quick to come to the foals' assistance, should they need it, but was not eager to intrude.

Syrran
    Okay then! He stood at the threshold of the village. People were everywhere. He was nervous and his ears swivled this way and that. He had never been here before but he wasn't about to tell that to Kourin.

Cihiru
    She had followed a little behind as they approached the village, but when they came to its edge, Kourin closed the distance to it and stepped right in. People rushed back and forth between the tents, some dodging to the side to avoid her as she walked through the street-like aisles. She might have been nervous, but was too busy being intrigued to bother. "Tai?" Ignoring the girl she nearly tripped in the process, Kourin paused again and glanced over her shoulder.

Syrran
    h-huh?...He followed behind her. He dodged this way and that and he slowly regained his confidence. It became a game to him to dodge this way and that. He followed Kourin and finally came to her side, walking about the village. Wow this is really neat.

Cihiru
    "I wonder what they're doing..." Her ears folded back as a small child approached her, and she shuffled backward, her hooves stirring the dust into small clouds. It was waving its hands near her face, perhaps trying to pet her slender nose. And doing a very good job of startling her in doing so. She danced backward further yet, just missing a small tower of baskets. "Tai..." There was a hint of panic in her tone, and she reared, trying to shield herself from the small creature that seemed intent on invading her space.

Syrran
    Taima jumped in front of the filly to protect her from the child. He stood his ground as the child poked and proded him, keeping his ears back to listen to Kourin you arlight?

Cihiru
    It took her a moment to realize she had regained the privacy of her boundaries, and she shook her head in an attempt to clear her thoughts. "I'm... fine..." Her tone had sobered, and Kourin hung her head in embarrassment. "I don't know why I did that." She stepped forward again, careful not to disturb the baskets she'd nearly toppled earlier, and peered over Taima's back. The child didn't seem too awful, now that she had opportunity to actually look at it. "I'm sorry."

Syrran
    He smiled and gave a very brief reassuring nuzzle and then began to walk forward again so as not to make her too uncomfortable. Its alright He walked over to the baskets she had almost toppled over and sniffed them curiously.

Cihiru
    Kourin watched with relief as someone approached and took the child's hand, walking him away with some words she couldn't quite understand. As they disappeared into the crowd, she turned and followed the colt. "What's so interesting about those?" She, too, learned forward to sniff the wicker, but didn't find anything particularly extraordinary about them.

Syrran
    I don't know. I just felt like sniffing them He turned a corner watching for Kourin behind him and he could smell something in the air. I think I know that smell....it smells like...apples! He pranced in place a bit before trying to follow the smell.

Cihiru
    "You're weird..." And she grinned a little as she walked just behind him. "Apples?" She sniffed the air curiously, trying to discern it from the myriad of other smells testing her senses. "I... don't know if those are apples." Kourin was doubtful, but followed suit anyway, and attempted to follow the scent.

[Syrran
    Oh no I know there are apples here. I smell them yes I do! Whats wrong with being weird anyways? He turned another corner and curled his lip as he sniffed. He began to jig slowly they're close I know it!

Cihiru
    "If you say so." Kourin stopped a moment and tilted her head as she looked at him. "I didn't say there was anything wrong with being weird." And she resumed her step again, trotting a little to catch up. "But I still don't think those are apples."

Syrran
    Maybe, maybe not. Lets find out shall we? He slowed a bit and sniffed the air again. He had found the source of the magical apple smell. At the end of a row of teepees there in the earth had sprung a small apple tree. Lequoia was sitting underneath it eating an apple and continuing to read her novel.

Cihiru
    Kourin had forgotten all about the apples as they approached; it was the human that intrigued her more. She recognized the girl as Lequoia, Tai's caretaker, whom she had both seen and heard about on a few occasions... But she had never actually interacted with her before, nor had she seen her so close. Kourin eyed her curiously from what she considered to be a safe distance.

Syrran
    Taima cantered over to Lequoia and sniffed at her apple. She was too into her reading to notice and so Tai took this opportunity to steal her apple. He galloped away from her before she even knew what happened.

Leqouia looked up. She shook her head and sighed heavily " Taima...next time just ask for your own." She didn't want to disipline him for it, it was after all just an apple. She stood and grabbed another before sitting back down. As she moved to sit down she noticed the filly. She didn't make eye contact so as not to scare her but she did smile and offer her the apple.

Tai trotted back over to Kourin and laid down on the ground munching on the apply noisily. You want one? I'm sure Lequoia will give you one...or you could always jus take it he grinned.

Cihiru
    She glanced at Tai as he plopped on the ground, crunching loudly, then back to Lequoia. She was offering an apple, as Tai had assumed. Kourin approached slowly, pausing every few steps to gauge the human's reaction, then continuing when there was none. When she was but a few feet away, she stopped fully, and extended her neck to sniff the fruit... and then the human. She considered taking the apple then, but refrained, wanting to get a better look at this Lequoia first.

Syrran
    Lequoia smiled and whispered " Such a lovely filly" She placed the apple gently on the ground and backed away a couple of feet. She crouched down to make herself smaller and less threatening to the filly.

Taima had finally finished munching and was licking the last bits from his whiskers. He watched the two curiously.

Cihiru
    Her ears twitched as Lequoia spoke, albeit softly. Her voice was quite different from Hiabi's, she concluded. It sounded younger... Softer. Just different, in general.

Kourin's gaze followed the apple as Lequoia set it on the ground, then shifted back to the girl. She took one last look at her before lifting the apple and trotting back to Tai, situating herself comfortably on the earth and chewing it slowly.

Syrran
    She let out a soft low laugh and returned to her book.

Tai lookedd over and grinned at her. He still had peices of apple on his face but he didn't really mind. You got your apple I see. Shes a nice lady isn't she? He rolled about in the grass.

Cihiru
    "She's alright." Kourin hadn't really meant the comment one way or the other, having only briefly met her. It was just an idle reply to a seemingly idle question. The apple, however, was delicious. The filly finished it quickly and licked the stray bits from her whiskers, careful not to leave any behind. Once finished, she shook her head, just to be sure. "Now what?" She pushed herself to her hooves and looked around for something to do.

Syrran
    He stood as well and streached leaning back on his haunches and than forward again. well, I'm not sure. What do you want to do? Maybe we should go look for the other foals... He swished his tail and finally got to the apple bits that were on his face.

Cihiru
    "I don't know..." She was, however, relatively sure the search for other foals would turn up fruitless. She couldn't even hear them at the moment. "Maybe..." She pondered, struggling to think of something. "We could explore the forest?"

Syrran
    He turned to her with wide eyes really? You want to? He was begging to get excited again. Whinnied with glee.we can see my teepee then!...wait are are humans going to let us

Cihiru
    "Sure." It sounded like as good an idea as any, after all. They might as well; it wasn't like they had anything better to do. Whether or not their humans would mind, however, was another issue entirely. "I don't know." She gave her tail an idle flick as she contemplated. "Can't hurt to try, I guess." She still wasn't very fond of the concept of getting either of them in trouble, but Tai seemed excited enough to justify the risk.

Syrran
    Okay then lets go. He started at a walk, then a trot, then a canter towards the woods. He didn't gallop though as he wasn't sure if Kourin wanted to or not. The wind blew his mane this way and that and he was happy for the sound his hooves made against the earth. His nostrils flared just a bit and he gave a happy buck as he entered the forest.

Cihiru
    She, on the other hand, took little time pushing to a comfortable gallop, slowing only once she neared the forest's edge. When the smells took a sharp change, Kourin eased her pace to a steady walk, and sniffed the air as she adjusted to the scents and dimmer light. "Hmm..." The filly perked her ears to listen for oddities.

Syrran
    He began to do what could be considered an almost-piaffe and curled his upper lip up as he sniffed about him. He loved the forest. He walked in the direction of his teepee. follow me...

Cihiru
    "Sure..." Kourin adjusted her gait to walk at Tai's side, though she still peered through the thick trunks of the forest, and listened to the birds commuting overhead. She had actually spent a great deal of time here, but the forest never failed to present something new and interesting.

Syrran
    He would swerve here and there as his attention would wander but through all his zigging and zagging he still managed to make it to his teepee. There was a large horse symbol across its front that Lequoia and Namid had made. He was proud of his family and was very happy to share it with Kourin. this is where I live The sun trickled in through the wholes in the canopy and you could see where the two women spent their time. Namid's thinking rock was to one side, painted and carved in by Namid during her periods of contemplation. To the other side was a willow tree which stood out against the other much larger trees around it. Which was where Lequoia spent hot summer days and where she laid to think at night with the bats around her. He could smell their presence in this place and it made him smile.

Cihiru
    "I see." Kourin paced around the residence, stopping here or there to sniff something that struck her as noteworthy. When at last she had completed her round, she turned to Tai. "It's very nice." She could tell it was something he prided himself in, and she did not want to disappoint him. And it was, afterall, a nice teepee.

Syrran
    He nodded. So now what? Should we go deeper in? He turned and looked down the path which he knew didn't go for much farther before it became wild. It would be dark soon and he wondered about what they should do. He then turned back to her. Do we dare?

Cihiru
    She followed his gaze down the seemingly short path. "Hm." The filly took a few steps down it before stopping again and testing the air with a sniff. "I think so." Her ears rolled forward as she listened carefully, but the prospect of excitement and desire for adventure was overwhelming; no turning back now.

Syrran
    He gave a loud whinnie and lifted himself up onto his hind legs. When his front hooves met back with the earth again he was in a full out gallop. He kept his pale blue eyes on the lookout for dangers and kept in the lead to protect Kourin. He was invigorated by the smell of moist soil and green leaves. The wind rushed over his body and he shook his head with joy. The terrain became more bumpy and he was forced to leap over logs and dodge thorn bushes.

Cihiru
    Kourin took off at a gallop in a similar fashion; her hooves pounding against the ground, rustling leaves and grasses. As they pushed thicker into the scenery, she adapted to the landscape by treating it like a game. Dodging a limb here, avoiding a rock there. She was enjoying the randomness, and it kept her on her toes as night settled upon them.

Syrran
    Lequoia looked up and didn't see Taima. She stood and looked around and still couldnt see him. It was getting dark and she was getting a bit worried. She went off in search of Hiabi, whether or not Hiabi wanted to talk wasn't really a concern at the moment.

Taima kept going, his nostrils flaring. He put his all into his stride and relished in the adrenline rush. Then, he stopped in his tracks. Sliding on his hind legs to make a full stop and topping over just a bit. His eyes grew wide and he began to back up a few steps, causing him to stop Kourin as well. A large bear was in the clearing that they were just about to cross....

Cihiru
    She had been following Tai blindly, in a sense, not knowing nor caring where they were headed. She was just absorbing the sights and reveling in the feel of the wind brushing her skin and mane. Thus, it had taken her quite off guard when he had skidded to a stop, and she nearly fell over him before pulling to a halt herself. "Huh?" Kourin had caught his expression, and was quick to follow his gaze into the clearing, settling at last on the bear. It took her a moment to fully realize what exactly was going on, but once she registered the thing was unlikely to take kindly to them, she too began to shuffle backward, and wondered whether or not it had noticed them.

Hiabi was seated outside the tent she shared with Kourin, her attention focused on a task she was attempting to finish before nightfall. Skilled fingers were busy fastening stone arrowheads to carefully carved shafts, strapping them tightly with leather... But she was not so distracted she would not hear another if they were to approach.

Syrran
    He kept backing slowly but the bear had seen them. It started to able slowly over to them and his eyes grew even larger. He turned a bit so as to hide Kourin. Go, slowly, hide somewhere... He shook but stood his ground until he knew Kourin would be save.

Lequoia walked over to Hiabi, spotting her by her teepee. She stood a few feet away and spoke in a low voice " Have you seen our foals anywhere? They aren't in the village and they aren't in the clearing." She had hoped they were with Hiabi but that wasn't the case.

Cihiru
    Kourin could have sworn she heard her mind ticking as it raced to find a solution; some kind of answer to solve this sudden problem that unraveled before them. "Tai!" She couldn't believe what he was proposing. Getting out, sure... But it was clear he wasn't planning on leaving with her, and that wasn't something she could agree to. "Not without you..." Her tone was amazingly calm; it wasn't hard not to panic when she wasn't worried about herself.

Hiabi had risen to her feet long before Lequoia spoke; her approach had alerted her of the other's presence. "No..." In fact, she hadn't seen them since they'd been with Lequoia earlier, and she'd decided to return here to finish up. "You do not know where they were headed?" She automatically assumed no, and had headed into the teepee to retrieve her bow. When she reappeared, she set to the task of eyeing the landscape for signs of them, and trying to guess where they might have gone.

Syrran
    Please Kourin go I'm okay! The young foal knew he was lying. He also knew that Kourin could see through his lie, but he had to try and get her out of there before the bear came any closer. The bear had stopped for a moment and looked to the side as a branch cracked. please...

Lequoia took out one of her daggers from a holster on her mid back. She turned to Hiabi " They must have gone into the forest...Maybe Tai wanted to show her our teepee.." she sighed and her concern showed very much so in her eyes and facial expressions. She looked at Hiabi and then turned on her heel and ran into the woods, knowing Hiabi would understand and follow. She didn't have time, the forest could be dangerous, especially at night. They had to act quickly.

Cihiru
    She glared at him, a stubborn streak shining in her eyes. "No." Kourin butted his shoulder with her nose, attempting to get him to budge before the bear decided to move again. "You're going."

Hiabi's expression was far more nondescript. Determined, focused, maybe; but panic or concern were nowhere to be seen. She lifted her quiver and draped it over her shoulders, and ran into the forest with a silent resolve to find the foals in safety.

Syrran
    She ran quickly, leaping here and dodging there. Listening for them and tracking their hoof prints. Small, hooves they had to be Kourin and Tai. She ran and then stoped a few feet from where the foals were. She saw the bear in front of them and her face went blank.

Tai felt her nudge but he ignored it. No I- he heard something from behind and chanced glancing back. There was Lequoia and behind her was Hiabi! He turned and looked agian at the bear. Okay Kourin, get back behind Lequoia, I will follow. He moved backwards again.

Cihiru
    Kourin shuffled backward, more waiting for Tai to follow than anything. She wanted to be sure, rather than turning tail and just hoping he would. "Come on..." Her expression was almost pleading, but she was ready to bolt.

Hiabi did not wait for Lequoia to move, nor did she pay any particular heed to the direction she was headed once they'd reached the prior mentioned teepee. She had tracking knowledge of her own, and took no hesitation in employing it to find the foals.

"Come." She saw the bear before them, but her voice was low and calm. Grasping her bow in one hand, Hiabi reached forward with the other, her palm faced upward as she tried to coax the foals behind them. "You will be fine."

Syrran
    Tai kept backing until they were all the way behind the two women. He immediately turned on his haunches and nuzzled Kourin to make sure she was okay.

Leqouia took a step forward, but knowing that Hiabi's bow would be of more use than her daggers, she waited. Holding in her primal ferocity that she was accustomed to when hunting. Her eyes became shrouded and her knuckles white as she held the blade. She looked the beast straight in the eyes defiantly. Her muscles tense and ready.

Cihiru
    She gave the colt a quick pat on the shoulder as he neared before fully adverting her attention to the bear. He was studying them; weighing his opportunities and undoubtedly judging what to do next. There was a part of her that hoped he would turn and disappear into the forest; she did not desire to bring him misfortune. Hunting for need was one thing, but bears were majestic creatures, and much of the corpse would be wasted. Go... Despite her wishes, he leaned back on his haunches, standing his full height and lashing out at the air with his forepaws. She had seen this before, and knew he had chosen not to back down. "I am sorry, brother." Hiabi took haste in knocking her arrow, drawing the bow, and firing - sending a shot that landed just under his jaw, lodging in his neck.

Kourin could feel her knees shaking now that the tension of the situation had loosened, and it seemed as though they would be well. Even Tai's reassuring nuzzle did not calm her nerves, and the bear's pained roar caused her ears to pin as she closed her eyes in displeasure.

Syrran
    Tai himself almost jumped out of his skin at the roar but huddled close to his companion. He hugged her with his neck and his ears turned back pinning them.

Lequoia let her grip in the dagger loosen and she walked forward as the bear lay still on the ground. " I suppose we will be eating bear meat for a while. When winter comes we will have fur.." She tried to think of ways to use it to ease the pain of having to kill this creature. She turned to Hiabi " Should we get help to take it back to the village?" She felt like crying she was so frustrated with Hiabi. She couldn't make friends with her no matter what and every time they were together it was awkward. She didn't let it show outwardly, she had already deduced that doing so would seem weak in Hiabi's eyes. Hiabi reminded her of her mother in the way she hunt and it hurt her heart to admit such a thing.

Cihiru
    Hiabi turned from the bear as it fell, and instead focused her attention on the foals. "You are both well?" She spoke softly as she looked over them both, kneeling to run her hands over Kourin's face and withers. "Be calm." The young woman whispered to them, still petting the filly's coat. When, at last, she was satisfied, she stood and eyed the fallen beast. "I cannot carry it alone." She hadn't really meant to imply Lequoia wasn't capable, but she doubted the two of them could tote it back to the village.

Kourin opened her eyes at the sound of Hiabi's voice, and turned her head to look at her. The sound of it was soothing to her nerves, and combined with Tai's companionship and her caretaker's gentle touch, she felt rather safe indeed.

Syrran
    Tai noted that Kourin was feeling better. He sensed something was up with Lequoia and trot over to her nudging her.

Lequoia barely noticed Hiabis comment. It came through to her but only the echos. She looked down at Tai and smiled " Don't worry." She sighed and shook her head " No not even with both of us pulling would it work. Even with a sled of some sort it would still be difficult...Perhaps if we had the proper materials I could make a trolly of some sort...but not now it would take too long. Its already dark. We can cover it for now and come back with help later" She shouldn't have been reading, she should have kept a closer watch on the foals..

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:53 pm
03.05 First to Dance: Kourin, Ayita & Tahatan

Foalen
    Ayita pokes her head out of the warm darkness of the teepee squinting in the bright morning light flooding the small clearing that she calls home.
    Coming out into the crisp cool air the painted foal takes a deep breath her nostrals flaring at the scent of woodsmoke and turning leaves. Her sesitive ears pick up the slight shushing sound of leaves falling to the earth and she darts over to investigate, kicking up more leaves as she goes. Turning her head she sees the trail of leaves whirling in the air in her wake and wickers happily. Spininning joyously she dances in a whirlwind of color.

Cihiru
    The warm morning rays coaxed the filly awake long ago, to her slight dismay. She'd given a lazy yawn, and tossed in her partial sleep, attempting to lull herself back to dreams, with little success. Unforgiving, the light had persisted, forcing her to alertness and causing her to withdraw from her shelter into the young morning.

Out and about, now, she opts to wander aimlessly; nothing in particular on her conscience. She is growing older now, and Hiabi allows her the independence to adventure freely from time to time. It doesn't really cross her mind, however. She never had a burning desire to defy authority or test the boundaries she is allowed. Instead, she ventures to the river flowing near her home, and approaches the shore to peer intently at the reflection. The sky shines brightly even in the water; clear, calm, and nearly perfect. She admires it for a quick moment, then bounds into the shallow waters with a splash. The liquid feels nearly as relaxing flowing at her knees as it does when she drinks it... but nowhere near as refreshing, she concludes; and helps herself to a generous serving.

When, at last, she has had enough, the filly lifts her head; ears perked forward in a mix of curiosity and alertness. The morning sounds always intrigue her, but there was something different today. Something... out of place, maybe. Not just the noise of drifting leaves and small creatures shuffling among them, but something similar. It sounds bigger, she thinks. And of course, more interesting! Taunted by curiosity, she leaves the soothing river to persue this new interest.

Foalen
    Reveling in feeling of pure motion Ayita jumps and turns in a dizzying spiral the breeze tickling her face and tangling her mane and tail with it's long chilly fingers. Finaly she has to stop as the world spins around her the colors of the leaves trees and grass mixing in a glorious riot. Splaying her legs slightly, the filly shakes her head trying to clear her vision. As the the world rights itself once more one of the vaugh and lumpy shapes of color forms itself into another soquili. It's a dark blue grey filly she doesn't remember seeing before. Straightening up she whinnies a greeting to the newcomer. "Hello, I'm Ayita. Nice to meet you."

Cihiru
    The sound had proven relatively easy to follow. It was unwavering, and clear - a solid trail for her tender ears to follow. One she accepted graciously and took no hesitation in taking advantage of, leaving little time until she came within eyesight of her 'target.' It was not quite what she expected, she had to admit. The filly had anticipated a deer, or maybe a bear, or... or something she'd never seen before! But another Soquili was not at all what she had in mind.

She stood a fair distance away; far enough to consider herself comfortable, but close enough to seem at least approachable. And observed with what had become characteristic reservation. Was it really that enjoyable to spin around until your vision got all funny? Kourin shook her head as she thought of it, chasing away her over active imagination.

"I'm Kourin." The filly tilted her head a little as she looked on the other. Awfully friendly... Not that it was a bad thing. She just wasn't overly outgoing herself. "What were you doing? Just then..." Maybe there was some reasoning behind it; perhaps it wasn't as weird and random as it seemed.

SpiderMistress
    Leshara laid her mahogany ears flat back against her head, despite being fall she was more than content to travel these forests alone. She was skirting the very edges of human territory in her meanderings, her curious nature drawing her as a moth to flame. The smallish wolf moved through the fall forest like a slice of shadow. Her tail swished impatiently, brushing the ground softly. Her light gold eyes narrowed in concentration she hoped that the thing that called to her would be appeased soon enough and she would find what she was searching for.

Takakun
    His nose twitched... Tahatan stopped, wondering... and then listening very carefully... horses? he thought.....and followed the sounds. Further and further he went until he came to a ridge.....
    Tahatan stopped, and peered out. His eyes went wide as he automatically ducked under cover, and creeped slowly to the edge where he could look with ease onto a open glen, where two beautiful fillies were roaming about. A smile touched his lips to see the proud strong Soquili horses. He laid his head comfortably on his arms and watched silently...

Foalen
    Ayita bobbing her head in greeting to the other filly replying laughter just under the surface of her voice as if at any moment it would bubble forth. "Kourin is a beautiful name. It's nice meeting other foals. For a while I seemed to be the only one around."

Stepping out of the small pile of leaves her cavorting had created the painted filly arches her neck prancing a little as she glances back at blue grey filly. "I was just dancing with the leaves and got a little carried away."

A giggle sneaks it's way out dispite the fact that Ayita is trying to hold it in. But she doesn't seem to mind that the joke is at her expense. The sound clear and bright as it floats on the cold morning air and when silence fallsl once more she winks at Kourin. "I couldn't help it. The wind is playful today and I feel like running."

Takakun
    Tahatan watches the painted horse dancing around the more quieter blue grey filly. He ached to understand their language, as it is he has to accept his own limitation and merely listen to the musical whinnying of the Soquili. For a moment he close his eyes, feeling the warm wind sweeping on his back, and he could imagine knowing the words of the Soquili, running powerfully beside them, the wind carrying him....letting him fly......

SpiderMistress
    Leshara's ears twiched as she heard voices, setting her paws to a path she found herself on a ridge above two chatting horses, swiveling her ears forward she strained to catch the conversation, she recalled vividly getting smacked by those or another's like it hooves when she was small and preferred not to repeat the experience. Drawing a deep breath she smelled something that caused her to lay her ears flat, human. She liked horses despite their skittish nature around her kind, she was mercurial and couldn't bring down a horse, she survived on smaller prey like rabbits and mice. She was afraid of people though....most seemed to be cruel to the things around them.

Cihiru
    She peered at the other filly sideways; questioning in her expression. "Thank you..." It was odd to comment on a name, she thought. After all, it wasn't as though she'd chosen it herself. It was nice though, and she figured it best to at least appreciate the notion. "I haven't met many others either." In fact, Taima had been the only other foal she'd had any contact with at all. Maybe 'many others' was an overstatement. "Maybe there just aren't very many."

Kourin straightened her head and her expression, and bobbed in understanding. "I see." She still found it a little difficult to grasp, but Tai acted in a very similar fashion, so maybe she was the odd one. It was understandable, either way. The three of them appeared very different to her, so it seemed fair they would all react uniquely and enjoy different things. It intrigued her, actually.

"Running?" She had begun to develop a habit of repeating others. It was as though a single word snagged her thoughts and dragged her back to the topic of conversation, after her mind had derailed it for her. "That does sound nice." And she tilted her head back into the wind; her slender neck arching and her mane flowing with the movement.

Takakun
    He breathed, taking in the life of the forest. Here he was meant to be, the hunter, the living, at peace, not the bumbling oaf who gets into everyone's way at the village. With sadness he recalls his past and sighed.

A crackle behind him. Tahatan snapped to attention and whirled around, only to stare into the bright eyes of a wolf. One hand desperately groped around for his knife, but it isn't there! Oh no, I left it in bed! Tahatan cursed at himself, fool, a hunter should never leave his weapons behind. He slowly backed away, inching towards the edge.

Foalen
    "Mmm," Ayita nodded in agrement to Kourin's solitary statement moving in place as if she couldn't stand staying still for too long. "Running is wonderful. But then I hardly ever stop moving, so I it makes sense that I would like running."

Turning to face Kourin once more she wuffled happily greatful that she had met the reserved filly. The blue roan was as quiet and remote as she was outgoing and bosterous, but she didn't mind their diffrences. It would be boring if everyone were the same. She liked the way the other filly would pause carefully considering what she would say before speaking. She had a feeling Kourin would grow to become a very wise and knowlageable mare.

"Would you care to go for a run with me?" The painted filly asked bobbing her head towards a broad path betweent he large trees and their brightly colored folage. "We could race to the village if you'd like to."

Cihiru
    Ayita's comment coaxed a grin from her; the corners of her muzzle curled with the expression. "That's alright." She probably should have tried to be a little more active herself. Wandering was all well and good, but Ayita and Taima both seemed to posses some kind of joy she couldn't quite grasp. An overwhelming happiness filled them and made them act in ways that looked strange to her eyes. She wanted to feel that; the emotion that drove them to be so... spirited. "It sounds exciting, at least." And she sighed a little wistfully.

Did she want to run? "Sure." Why not! Granted, she knew it was unlikely she'd actually be 'competitive' in this race of sorts, but that didn't discourage her from considering it potentially fun. Maybe if she practiced enough, some day she'd be able to run with the wind too. And even if she wasn't the speediest, or the most agile, there was still the bliss of the breeze combing her mane and caressing her pelt. Anyone could appreciate that; Kourin was no exception. The reassurance caused her to nod to herself, perhaps in satisfaction.

Foalen
    The wind seeming to swirl around the two young fillies as Ayita waited patiently for Kourin to make up her mind about going for a run even if she never really stopped moving. It really didn't matter if there was a winner or not mostly the painted filly wanted to feel the wind on her face and the cool crisp air flowing over her sides as she glided over the ground. More than that it would be twice as much fun sharing this experience with someone else.

Her human friend Foalen would often play with her, but he wasn't built for running the way she and Kourin were. It wasn't any slight on him of course, but even if she didn't get a chance to run a lot Kourin would be much faster than the apprentice shaman.

Arching her neck happily Ayita whistled gleefully when Kourin's expression told her that blue roan had decided to take her up on her offer. Even before she said as much.

"All right then, I'll give a count of three." Turning toward the path she set her legs readying herself to run. "One..."Ayita used the pause between the numbers to look over to see if Kourin was ready. She had decided she wouldn't go until her friend had gotten settled. "Two...Three!"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:02 pm
03.06 That's MY Blanket:

Winter was edging in. The sky was greying, and beneath it, leaves were browning and falling from their trees. Animals shivered against the bite of the increasingly cool breeze, trying to ignore it as they scurried about the forest floor, finishing their last minute preparations. The wildlife was not the only being impacted by the shift in weather, however. The Kawani village was busy as well, altering daily schedules in anticipation. Often, the glow of activity could be seen from Hiabi's establishment on the river, early in the morning and well into the night. Today was no exception. Groaning unpleasantly, the woman tugged at her heavy blankets, trying to pull them over her head and block the light that beamed in through the top of her teepee... An act Kourin would have none of.

She had been waking with the sun for as long as she could remember. She'd use the early morning to pace the river; its banks were calm and quiet in the young hours, and she could hear the birds' chorus with unmatched clarity. It was time she could collect herself; think, and enjoy the marvel the Earth offered before resolving to brave the day. Once she was satisfied, she'd deviate away from the flowing banks, taking off at a run. Sometimes she'd kick her heels up in a buck, other times she'd just canter along and revel in the feel of the wind coursing over her. The end result was always the same. Kourin would head back to her home, slowing and rounding up near the teepee, and poke her head past the flap that covered the opening and served as a door. Most of the time, Hiabi was laying behind it, curled up with her blankets, her bow never very far away. And most of the time, Kourin would leave her be, instead taking a moment to smile to herself. Other times, however, she opted to stir up normality a little. This was one of those times.

Slowing her pace as she approached the teepee, she pushed aside the flap-door, and poked her head in as she'd done many times before. Ears twitching only occasionally, the equine observed the situation, and then entered the tent with her front half. At one point, Hiabi would have jumped awake long ago, but by now, she was accustomed to these antics and didn't pay the equine any mind. At least, not until Kourin tugged the blankets off her sleeping figure. The woman recoiled, grasping desperately for a shield against the morning chill, but the horse was already gone - prancing circles outside the tent with her 'prize' draped over her back. "Kourin..." Her tone was a mix of exasperation and exhaustion.

Hiabi exhaled a tired sigh as she pulled a worn fur and hide coat over her shoulders, and shielded herself against the flap with an arm as she exited the tent. It took her eyes a moment to adjust to the brightness, causing her to squint, but they widened once they did. "When... ?" She'd grown so much. The realization that the Soquili was no longer a foal broad-sided her, and she broke her stare with a blink. Kourin approached the human then, her eyes sparkling with a knowing gleam, and butted her shoulder with her nose. Hiabi smiled at her (rare, indeed), and ran her palm down the mare's graceful face. "Those are mine, you know." And she pulled one of the blankets off the mare's back, hugging it around her shoulders... still grinning.

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:13 pm
03.07 The Moon and Her Sister: Kourin, Kamaria & Leyla

koolkittenclub
    Kamaria skipps around bouncing up to Kourin, running behind her was Leyla. Kamaria stops and smiles, her eyes open up widely "Hi!" she said excitedly, wagging her tail, "I'm Kamaria, you can call me Kam for short though, and then this..." she turns to her right to look at a darker silver cub catching up with her, "this is Leyla, you can call her whatever you like, she doesnt mind! of course ntohing nasty though" she knodded turning her head back over to Kourin, "and you are?.."

Cihiru
    Kourin blinked deliberately, out of surprise more than anything. Had she really been so absorbed in daydreaming she'd failed to notice a foal and cub bounding near her? Apparently so. "Hello." The filly's outgoing antics coaxed a soft grin from her. "Pleased to meet you, Kamaria..." And she paused. Whether it was for thought or emphasis was left for interpretation. "That is a lovely name. And Leyla, as well." The mare bent her neck to peer a little more closely at the cub - She'd never seen a lion follow a Soquili in tow in this fashion; it intrigued her. "I'm Kourin." And another pause; it seemed very typical for her. "You're welcome to call me whatever you can think of. Just be sure to warn me first if it's a little too outlandish, so I know I'm supposed to answer to it." Kourin bobbed her head a little.

koolkittenclub
    Kamaria smiled, she was glad that the tall horse had replied kindly to her. It was her first encounter with another soquilli so she wanted to know what they where like. "Thank you smile it means 'like the moon'" she widened her smile a little, "Kourin! thats a pretty name too, i'll call you... Kourin!" she giggled. Leyla walked upfront so she was inbetween Kourin and Kamaria, she lay down, looking at the tall soquilli, she knew Kamaria would be like that one day. All tall big and strong, she sighed, and thought to herself 'they cant stay little all the time,'

Cihiru
    "Like the moon?" That was understandable. A little overly obvious, maybe, but not unreasonable. It almost made her wish her name had meaning. Almost. It didn't matter that much. "I can see that." Her tail flicked, swishing idly around her ankles. "Kourin it is. And thank you." The mare was careful to make her faint smile a little more obvious, at least for a moment. She couldn't help letting her attention drift to the cub though. It really was interesting. She generally associated the two as being on a sort of unstable truce; Soquili and lions. On fairly even terms individually, but dangerous to each-other in numbers. It was unexpected to see the two species bonded in a friendship, and the sight of it warmed her spirits for reasons she couldn't quite define. "And what have you been up to this lovely day?"

koolkittenclub
    With excitement Kamaria squeeked"Yuppers!" and blinked rather quickly. Leyla was still lying inbetween the two horsies talking, noticing that Kourin had been watching her for a while now, she realised that she hadnt said anything yet and didnt want to be rude. She spoke quietly and calmly"We've been exploring Soquilli lands, as we're quite new here, you're the first being we've met. Oh and exscuse Kamaria, she's abit of an energetic horse... ..as you may of already figured" she wagged her tail, "What have you been up to?"

Cihiru
    She really hadn't meant to stare; Kourin didn't even realize she had been until the lion spoke up. She shook her head to clear her thoughts (as though the motion assisted the process), and fixed Leyla with a more focused gaze... Rather than a dazed one. "How are you enjoying yourselves thus far?" The mare wondered briefly where exactly they had been wandering, having managed to avoid contact with any sort of being until now. Some portions of the land were fairly densely populated, and it was difficult to dodge interaction entirely. At least, that's how it seemed to her. "Nothing to excuse at all. Energy is hardly a fault." Kourin nodded reassuringly, her slightly curled mane waving with the motion. "Hum..." And she paused, again. "Thinking, I suppose. Can't really recall what about, now that you mention it. That's probably some sign I should get my head out of the clouds now and then. At least long enough to pay attention." And the mare grinned sheepishly.

koolkittenclub
    Kamaria knodded energeticly, "Having a great time thank you!!" she said as she wagged her tail. Leyla giggled at the energetic Kamaria, "i suppose if you have energy its alot funner than being dull!" she got up and walked around Kamaria, "day dreaming is no fault either, dreaming about distant lands where we may or may not go to, it can take us away from some horrors which we may have at land!"

Cihiru
    Kourin felt her smile renew, despite it having faded a bit previous. "Glad to hear it." She found it difficult not to smile, actually. Kamaria's happiness was infectious. Fortunately, her energy was not. The mare had a hard time imagining herself with that volume of spirit. She hadn't been that active even as a foal; it would be even more unusual now. "You think so?" The comment, though harmless enough, dampened her expression. She didn't care to think of herself as 'dull,' but she certainly wasn't full of energy either. And then she tossed her mane, throwing her negativity away with the movement. She wasn't boring, and even if she was, it didn't matter. - Kourin was content with herself.

"There's a line between dreaming, and being unrealistic... I think." She tried to assure her tone wasn't depressing; the mare didn't want to trouble the foal or her familiar. "Sometimes, I'm a little of both." Kourin paused and tilted her head to gaze at the crystalline sky. "But enough of that." There was a light breeze that picked up then; it displaced her mane and made her tail wave in the faint current. To her, the feel of it was soothing and wonderful. "Anything in particular strike your fancy? Something you'd like to do?"

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:17 pm
03.08 Welcome Distraction: Kourin & Lakota

Vashyta
    Lakota whuffed contentedly, trotting through the trees that lined the shores of the river he lived on. Today, he'd decided, was a good day to see if he couldn't find a pretty flower for Tabitha. The sun was shining brightly, and contributed to his cheery mood.

Cihiru
    She was quickly growing bored of spending her days alone. Taima had seemingly disappeared, and she'd had only brief encounters with Ayita and Kamaria. Outside that, her interaction had been non-existent, and she was running out of ways to keep herself entertained. Granted, Hiabi provided her fair share of company, but Kourin... wanted something more. She wanted to see other Soquili from time to time, and already she was feeling deprived.

That's probably why she was pacing the banks of the river. Again. Despite the walk being what was probably her hundredth for the month, it still contented her. The breeze rolling over the water, cooled by its surface never ceased to refresh her, and she had a difficult time feeling anything but relaxed as she peered at the sun reflecting merrily on the glassy, rippled surface. Bored or not, the day was perfect, and all was well. She couldn't complain much.

Vashyta
    Lakota froze, hearing something move by the river. Carefully, he crept forward, peering curiously through the trees and hoping that it wasn't anything dangerous. As he brushed aside a stray leaf with his nose, he spotted Kourin, and immediately relaxed, pushing forward to make himself visible. Even as he did so, he whickered a greeting. "Hello!" His neck was arched, and his eyes positively sparkling--he loved meeting other soquili, and something about this mare piqued at his curiosity--she'd looked almost poignant, staring at the water.

Cihiru
    She had been doing that a lot lately. Dozing off, that is. - Getting lost in some plane of thought that caused her mind to drift and her alertness to waver. Kourin kept telling herself she needed to pay more attention, but her conscience didn't seem to be listening. It had persisted a while now, after all. It was just that she hated being approached without having even the faintest clue, and it made her feel positively inept and embarrassed when it happened... And it always did.

Always. "Hm?" Her mind snapped back to attention, and she craned her neck to glance in the direction she had suspected the call to have come from. "Hello." Kourin's ears pricked forward as she observed him. This was someone she had never seen before. New tended to mean interesting, and interesting made a smile find its place on her muzzle. "I'm Kourin. You are?"

Vashyta
    Bobbing his head in a less formalized form of greeting, Lakota smiled back. "I am Lakota. It's nice to meet you, Kourin." He looked upstream and downstream idly, curious as to where she'd come from--it wasn't particularly important, but he WAS curious by nature. "Are you looking for someone?" he asked, an expression of vague concern flicking across his face.

Cihiru
    "Likewise." This was mostly formality. She knew it sounded hollow, and didn't care for it, but didn't really see a way around it either. Anything she said with similar intent would have felt meaningless. "Not unless you happen to know who it is that keeps stealing my thoughts and hiding them in far away places." Kourin followed his gaze briefly, and after a moment had a reasonably good guess at what it was he had on his mind. "That way." She motioned upstream with the tilt of her head, and flicked her tail idly.

Vashyta
    "....ah." he replied, eyes twinkling. "So I take it you have a lot on your mind, then? I can leave, if you want..." he pawed at the ground, looking a bit awkward. "I mean, I don't want to interrupt your thinking..." he tossed his head, causing skeins of hair to flutter lightly.

Cihiru
    That had taken her aback, and her ears folded instinctively. "No, it's not like that." She stopped mid thought and tried to establish what exactly it was she was attempting to say. "You're not bothering me." Kourin fixed him with a steady gaze and a reassuring nod. "I don't think, I daydream. Interrupting that is doing me a favor more than anything."

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:30 pm
03.09 A Conspicuous Escape: Kourin, Ahiga, Hiabi, Kaga, Belle & Aiyana

Rapidashtrainer
    Ahiga watched as the men of the village went out once again to hunt. He wished that he could too. Grasping his small dagger Ahiga went towards his favourite training place; a small clearing beside the river. Upon reaching his destination, Ahiga proceeded to practice his moves. Oblivious to all that was around him...

Cihiru
    It was not uncommon for Kourin to walk the path along the river here. It was, however, unusual for Hiabi to travel with her, as she was now. Not that she minded. She was glad to be able to share the early hours; they were among her favorite in the day, and in a way, she wished the human would develop a similar appreciation. How could she enjoy the morning light with her bond when so often she slept through it? The mare snorted in mild disgust, oblivous to the questioning glance she recieved from her companion.

"Do not look at me that way." Hiabi reached out to set a palm on the soquili's neck, running it along her shoulder. Though she could not tell what exactly it was Kourin was thinking, she could read expressions and feel her vague emotions. It was an odd bond, she had to admit. One she would not have been able to see herself involved in four seasons ago.

"It wouldn't hurt to wake up a little earlier every now and then, you know," she muttered to noone in particular. Her mind didn't rest on the thought long, though. The rustling interrupting the soft morning chorus pricked her attention, and her ears rolled forward. "Hm?" Kourin could tell these were not birds nor small mammals. The sound had a different quality to it; one she couldn't quite corner. In any event, it intrigued her, and she followed her curiosity - Hiabi trailing behind her, mutually interested.

Rapidashtrainer
    Ahiga did another kick at an imaginary foe since he was too young to do any real fighting. Turning a back somersault he missed his landing and fell promtly on his rear.

Rubbing it as he got up, Ahiga went towards the stream to take a drink. Looking at his reflection Ahiga saw the scar on his face and bit his lips. Though it wasn't normal for a boy in the village to be worrying about his looks, Ahiga still felt consious about the scar.Eventhough it wasn't his fault that he was being attacked by that wolf, he was still teased about it by the other children. Taking a pebble, Ahiga threw it into the water as hard as he could. He did not notice that there were others about the lake that day....

Cihiru
    "You would do well to take more heed in your surroundings," she warned abruptly, disregarding tact and formalities entirely. If the boy were to turn and face her, he'd notice she was standing quite a bit off... Nearly far enough to need to raise her voice to be heard, but not quite. An almost-blue Soquili stood a yard or so off to the side; Hiabi must have taken lead at some point.

Kourin had established the source was a human during their approach, but now that she could actually see it, she was a little taken aback. He was much younger than she had anticipated; or so she assumed, judging by his size. In honesty, she wasn't exactly experienced in judging the age of two-legs. Aside from that, though, she found him to look really quite normal. Boring, in fact. She couldn't keep her attention from wandering.

Rapidashtrainer
    Ahiga turned around in supprise and intinctively drew out his dagger. Holding his dagger in front of him Ahiga saw that the person who had talked was not an enemy. He also saw that the person was older than him. Keeping his dagger Ahiga greeted the stranger with respect just as he had been taught by his mother.
    "I'm sorry I wasn't aware of my surroundings ma'am. I'll make sure it'll never happen again,"

Noticing that the stranger also had a long bow as well as a soquili ,Ahiga ventured to ask another question " Erm, are you one of those female warriors I've heard the villagers talk about?"

Cihiru
    The way he drew his dagger instinctively made her smile inwardly; that was a start. The way he addressed her, however, did not. "I am Hiabi; nothing else." He was startlingly quick to apologize. So much so, the words sounded almost hollow... rehearsed. That thought made her frown, though the expression really wasn't much different from her previous.

And, as to be expected, he was full of questions too. She couldn't help but sigh to herself. "I am a hunter, not a warrior." The word made her wince; she hated the feel of it on her tongue. "Warriors are heedless toward other lives and many thirst for blood and honor above all other," she commented plainly. "Do not confuse the two." And she adjusted the bow draped over her shoulders.

Kourin had done just about everything she could think of, short of breaking out at a gallop and running around the area... That thought didn't really appeal to her at the moment; it seemed inappropriate, at best. Instead, she took a second look at the boy. He seemed careful, in a way. Not guarded the way Hiabi was, but self-conscious. It mustn't have been a very pleasant feeling. Don't be so hard on him. The mare butted Hiabi's shoulder with her nose, earning herself little more than a passing glance.

Rapidashtrainer
    "A warrior or a hunter; it doesn't matter to me. Both of them kill for a living though the purpose of killing might not be the same," Ahiga countered looking at Hiabi directly his eyes flashing for just a second. And when he saw her touch her bow, his fingers squeezed his dagger a little harder. This was not any typical women he had met. She was different somehow and that difference made Ahiga forget about being too polite. If being formal was not what she wanted then it suited the little boy just fine.

Twiddle
    Kaga walked through an open field, watching the sky as he was normally seen doing. He started to run, at first just a slow trot, but he began to pick up speed, flying across the land. He smiled, loving the feeling of his heart racing, the wind across his face and in his mane.

He looked around and spotted another Soquili and two humans. As he watched them for a moment, he suddenly skidded to a stop. As his eyes fell on the Soquili, he blinked. She was gorgeous! He seemed to totally ignore the two humans as he walked over to this beautiful creature he had never seen before.

Cihiru
    It was blatantly obvious he considered himself a 'warrior.' It suited him, too; he was quick to lose control and she could feel him growing emotional. She might have laughed, if she wasn't so stoic. "You are mistaken. Hunters kill to survive, warriors kill... to kill." Granted, the image of a warrior was overly romanticized. They seemed glorious and heroic on the surface; she couldn't blame him for finding it appealing. In practice, though, she found them far less honorable. They pushed for praise and let their emotions control their actions. Not always instincts, but tainted feelings - love, anger, sadness, disappointment. She could not respect someone that felt it necessary to kill to earn honor. It was only a guise to satisfy blood-thirst. "Take it as you will," she commented absently, ignoring his tightening grip. "It will not bring you honor." Glory, maybe, but not honor.

The boy's sudden flare in temper unnerved Kourin; it was something she was very unaccustomed to, Hiabi being so level-headed. She tried as best she could to ignore it, but her unwillingness to stray too far, and the lack of distractions made it difficult. Kaga's approach had provided a great deal of relief, and the mare sighed blatantly. "Hello," she offered, ears tilted forward curiously.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled brightly to her, and found he didn't know what to say. "Um.." He shook his head, trying to clear his mind. "H-hello." Why was he stuttering?! He didn't know what was going on. "I'm Kaga." He finally said, his voice soft and shy, unlike his normal self. His skin twitched occasionally, his eyes darting from her to something else, and back to her.

Cihiru
    Um? She blinked, slightly dumbfounded. Kourin had no real concept of nervousness; everyone she'd met was always so outgoing, and crushes were an entirely unknown prospect. "Hello," she repeated, following his own stuttered greeting. It was difficult to keep apprehension out of her expression. "Kourin," she said simply, nodding slightly. "Nice to meet you." She tried to offer a comforting nod and friendly whinny, but doubted it would help much. He was so fidgety... She wasn't sure she liked that.

Rapidashtrainer
    Casting a brief glance at the newly arrived soquili Ahiga turned to look back at this hunter who obviously has a high dislike for warriors." Not everyone kills to kill...," Ahiga said looking at Hiabi. " Some kill to protect,"
    Saying so Ahiga remembered the time when he was attacked by a wolf and a warrior had come to rescue him. No, he was sure people do not kill just for the fun of it. It was against nature to kill more than it was needed.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled, unsure why he felt this way. "Nice to meet you too." He said, nodding a little he returned the friendly whinny, though it was much softer than her own. He didn't know why he was acting so shy, and he tried to be a bit more confident. "Erm.. would you like to, uh.." Crap! What was that word?! "WALK! Would you like to take a walk with me?" He smacked himself mentally.

Cihiru
    Hiabi shook her head, dark umber locks swaying slightly. "You can call it that, yes," and she paused for emphasis. "But ask what one thinks when he feels his hand wrap around the life of another, choking its last breath." Her expression sobered, and her brows furrowed. "Not sadness, nor regret. Not appreciation." The woman raised her arms into the air and folded her hands behind her head. "Triumph. Pride. Some happiness, even." And she fixed him with her gaze for the first time. It was steady; calculating. Maybe even piercing. "To lose the feeling of grief when taking the life of another is to lose part of yourself."

Rapidashtrainer
    Ahiga kept his gaze not wanting to look away. 'She thinks that every one is the same. Well she's wrong! I'll never kill for pleasure' Ahiga thought to himself. In fact if he had already made up his mind a long time ago that if he were to fight, he would never kill; injure maybe but not kill his opponent if he could help it. " Believe what you will but I think there's more to being a warrior than killing and getting glorified as you've put it,"

Cihiru
    She mirrored his smile with her expression, but it fell quickly. While the antics were amusing, to a point, they were also... odd, above all else. Very odd. "Walk?" Kourin had to take a moment to consider, truly. She craned her neck to peer over her shoulder at the humans, then turned back to Kaga. She knew Hiabi would be fine, but part of her still hated to just wander off. "Sure." The mare ignored it, telling herself she was being silly. And maybe Kaga wasn't as strange as he seemed, if she... got to know him a little better, or something.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled brightly at her response. "Great!" He said nodding, still not even taking note of the humans. He turned around and started off a bit, looking back at her. He didn't know why he was so happy about taking a walk, since he had been doing just that not ten minutes earlier.

Cihiru
    Kourin stole one last glance at Hiabi and the boy. He seemed tense, still, but her human was as relaxed as ever, so she resolved not to ponder it much. "Mhm." She grinned a little, more to convince herself it was 'great!' than anything. Really, she wasn't very excited. Or at least, she didn't feel excited in comparison.

The mare trotted to close most of the distance between them, then slowed to a more leisurely pace. So... What next? She'd seen nearly every corner of the forest by now, and was relatively sure Kaga had as well. They'd covered the smalltalk and simple introductions. What else was there? "Where are you from?" Kourin had never seen him before; perhaps that was an appropriate question.

caroline_cupcake
    Belle whinnied in the distance, who were these other horses? She hadn't seen many before� Her black pelt glimmered in the sun, as her wings moved gently along her sides. The winged mare whinnied again; she threw her head back hoping to get noticed while her vibrant green eyes flashing with hope.

Twiddle
    Kaga looked up, and blinked. He had seen other flying Soquili before, but not this one. He returned her whinny, bobbing his head a bit and watching her fly. He was secretly jealous of the winged ones, he wanted to soar across the clouds as well, but he would never admit it, nor was he mean to them in any way. On the contrary, he admired and respected them, for they were chosen to have the power of flight.

Kaga looked over to Korurin as she spoke, and smiled. "I was raised here, with the human Aiyana." He said with a nod, wondering for a moment where his human friend was. "What about you?" He asked, feeling a bit more comfortable now as they walked.

Cihiru
    Another? Kourin had to look around longer than usual; it was difficult to follow the sound, and it didn't occur to her to look up until she'd already tried everything else... That was different. She'd never seen a winged Soquili before, nor had she heard their legends. Returning the greeting with a neigh of her own, she looked back to Kaga.

"Oh?" That was interesting. She'd spent a great deal of time near the Kawani village, and the forest alike. "Um, mostly the same. Her name is Hiabi, though," she commented, referring to her bond.

Twiddle
    Kaga nodded a little to Kourin, smiling. "Was that your human? Back there?" He asked, nodding in the direction they had come from. He barely remembered what the two humans looked like, but he had a faint image of what she looked like.

He glanced to the sky agin, wondering what the winged one was doing. He wondered if she'd come down and join them, but shrugged it off and brought his attnetion back to Kourin.

Cihiru
    Well, he certainly acted differently now. In a good way, that is. He seemed much calmer... more confidant. She found it considerably easier to relax and just be herself without having to worry about the possibility of him flaking out, or something of the sort.

"Yeah... it was." Thinking back on it made her frown lightly; something about the boy had bothered her, and Hiabi's attitude at the time had been unpleasant. "What about your human?" she questioned, chasing the discomfort from her mind with other inquiries. "What is she like?" At least, she had assumed it a girl, judging by the name. And if she was wrong, there was no harm done.

Twiddle
    Kaga shrugged, or at least, a sort of shrug, the best a horse could do. "She's nice, she's probably around somewhere. She's very... I dunno the word, um.. free, I suppose you could say." He said with a chuckle, that came out as an odd whinny. "Would you like to meet her? I'll probably be able to find her around here.." He said looking around a bit, wondering if she was indeed nearby.

Aiyana was indeed near, she was beside the lake not far from the two horses. She was swishing her feet around in the cool water, her deer skin sandles next to her on the grass. Her hair was tied back in a long braid, and she watched the sky as the clouds rolled bye.

Cihiru
    To be expected. That was a fairly average response, in her experiences; most soquilis said something similar about their companions. Maybe they were incapable of thinking poorly of them... Kourin knew she held no ill feelings toward Hiabi, despite the negative way most two-legs seemed to react to her.

"Uh, sure?" She snapped away from her thought-induced daze, and nodded absently. "As long as she doesn't mind, that is." In all honesty, she wasn't particularly fond of meeting new humans. Though she knew all were different, most seemed fairly enamored with soquilis... Particularly those who did not have a charge of their own. They tended to act overbearing, and she couldn't appreciate being touched and patted and stared at by humans she hardly knew.

... Not that she expected Kaga's human to be that way. It was just an impression etched in her mind that left a bit of a bitter taste on her tongue.

Twiddle
    Kaga nodded a bit and started off through the trees, glancing behind to make sure Kourin was following him. He wasn't sure why, but he was over his initial shyness, and now ahd the most weird urge to impress Kourin. He shook his head, hoping to be rid of the thought, wondering why he wanted her to like him so badly.

His ears perked forward as he heard the familiar sound of splashing water, and he spotted Aiyana near the lake, her most favorite spot.

Aiyana's eyes lit up at the sight of Kaga, and she hopped to her feet. "Hey Kaga!" She called, running over to him she pet the horses nose lovingly. As she spotted Kourin her eyes widened a bit, and she smiled brightly. "You've made a frined it seems." She said, watching the mare with interest, though she dared not approach the horse, not wanting to spook the lovely creature.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:41 pm
03.10 Say Hello to my (Confused) Little Friend: Kourin, Kaga & Taima

Twiddle
    Kaga wandered around aimlessly, his thoughts on the mare Kourin. He sighed, wondering if he'd see her again soon. He walked through the trees, looking around he spotted a chipmunk and smiled softly. "Well hello little brother." He said, lowering his neck down at the small creature. It just watched him for a moment, the young animal confused as to why this huge... thing, looked like him. Would he be that big? Wow! He finally decided thislarge chipmunk wasn't a threat, and climbed up Kaga's leg, nestling himself in the stallions soft mane. Kaga chuckled, though it sounded came out as a soft whinny. "You're welcome to stay there." He said as he continued walking, the small chipmunk sleeping peacefully on him.

Cihiru
    The day was a surprisingly pleasant one; better than she could have hoped. The breeze was calm, the temperature was just cool enough to be soothing, and the sun hung behind clouds in the sky, only dotting the earth below with its rays. She was satisfied, and sought to enjoy it in any way possible... Starting off with a nice run through the forest. It had ended up more of an obstacle course than a race track, but Kourin didn't mind. The terrain kept her mind from wandering too far; she had to stay alert to leap over roots, dodge trunks, and duck from stray branches. She ran with surprising grace, actually; her stride was effortless and her high spirits were blatant in the way her tail streamed high behind her.

Twiddle
    Kaga heard the sound of pounding hooves, and he looked up from grazing to see a flash of blue-ish mane and coat. He smiled. "Kourin!" He called, followed by a high, friendly whinny. The chipmunk on his back squirmed, annoyed by the noises and being woken.

Syrran
    Taima pranced around his bond's teepee proudly. He had grown up now and Lequoia seemed to be very happy with him. He swished his long tail as he trotted about. He hadn't shown anyone yet.

I wonder who I should show first...Ayita? Kourin? Perhaps one of the others that I have met? Ah well no use just thinking about it. I will go by who I meet first. With that he started to gallop through the woods until he reached the main encampment. Who would he see first?

Cihiru
    "Huh?" The call demanding her attention, Kourin gathered her limbs beneath her and skidded to a stop, leaning back on her haunches to maintain her balance. Once she'd fully righted herself, her ears rolled forward and she peered around, trying to spot Kaga. "Hi." And she smiled a little once her gaze fell on him. "You have a friend, I see." The movement on his back had drawn her attention.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled to her, then glanced to the chipmunk. He nickered softly, like a chuckle, and nodded. "Yeah, aparently he thinks I'm one of his own kind." He said, glancing back over to her.

The chipmunk looked curiously at Kourin, wondering why she looked like his new, and very large, friend. He came to the conclusion that not all chipmunks looked alike. He hopped off Kaga's back, taking a flying leap to latch onto Kourins mane.

Syrran
    Well no one seemed to be out here. Might as well try back in the woods. He lifted up onto his powerful haunches and pawed the air before slamming himself back down with a leap.
    He ran as fast as he could through the woods, letting out a large whinnie to see if anyone would hear his call and come forth. His very self vibrating with the volume of his call. Tai's silver pelt glistened in the alternating light beneath the canopy of the trees.
    Where could they all be? They must be here somewhere....

Cihiru
    "Well then." She peered sideways at the chipmunk. It was tilting its head at her, and briefly, she wondered what it was thinking. "I'm going to have to conclude this friend of yours is a little confused," she commented, nodding. And then it jumped on her. She rolled her eyes upward, as though to look at it, even though she couldn't actually see it. "I take that back..." Kourin snorted faintly and looked back to Kaga. "Very confused."

Twiddle
    Kaga laughed, nodding. "Seems he is. I think he's thinking I'm a chipmunk, too.." He said, arching his head to look at the chipmunk. It climbed up Kourins head, and examained the flower near her ear before sitting down. It puffed out it's cheeks and ran back down her neck, looking like it was on some kind of slide like a child. It sat on her back and curled up, falling asleep. Kaga smiled and shrugged a little. "Well, no harm done I suppose. He's confused, but at least he's happy." He said chuckling.

Cihiru
    "You think so?" She returned her gaze to the chipmunk; curling her neck to the side to glance him from the corner of her eye. From what she could see of him, he did look rather satisfied. And comfortable, if nothing else. At least she was good for something? "Guess it seems that way."

Kourin would have watched him a little longer, but a soquili's call broke her train of thought. Ears perking at the sound, she lifted her head and resumed looking between the forest trees. She knew that sound... Or at least, she thought she did. "Tai?" The mare whinnied in return, though hers was more questioning than delcaring, and far less reverberating.

Syrran
    His ears swiveled to the returning call. His notrils flared as he jumped a decaying log and ran in the direction from which he had heard the call. It was Kourin! He knew it had to be Kourin.
    Bounding out of the forest he puffed up his chest. He slowly transitioned to a canter and went around her in circles, playfully throwing his head. He made a quick halt, sliding just a bit and turned in towards her. He looked her in the eyes and greeted her with a low nicker.

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:00 pm
03.11 It's Cold When it's Freezing: Kourin, Kaga, Aiyana & Tahatan

Cihiru
    Winter was quickly becoming something she wasn't fond of. The cool breeze was nice at first, sure. But the way the biting wind crept under her fur and chilled her to the bone mid-run really took a lot of the fun out of it. She found herself shivering; not wanting to move at times. She'd noticed other forest creatures growing longer, thicker coats, but hers was as short and sleek as ever. And horribly insufficient in blocking the chilled wind. Gusts were reminding her now; teasing her and poking her skin, causing her to shift her weight uncomfortably as she attempted to drink from an equally icy river. Kourin hated to think of herself as negative, but this wasn't enjoyable. At all. As she sighed to herself, she lifted her head to look around, hoping for something more productive to stroll along.

Twiddle
    Kaga walked along the rivers edge, the winter chill making his skin twitch more often than ever. He shook his head, blowing breath out as he snorted. He sighwed inwardly when he actully saw the hot breath in the air. With a shake of his head again he continued walking, hoping the slight excersize may get him warmer. He spotted Kourin near the water and immediately brightened up. He let out a loud whinny, bobbing his head in the air and trotting over to her.

Cihiru
    Kaga's whinny made it easy to spot him, particularly against the browning grass. She smiled inwardly, grateful for a distraction. Well, not a distraction so much. Maybe company was a more appropriate word. Yes, she was grateful for company. "Hi Kaga," she neighed in greeting. "How are you today?" Smalltalk never struck her much, but what else was one to do when there was nothing else to say? That's what smalltalk was for, she supposed. A necessary evil, in a way. "Too cold, if you ask me... And I know you aren't."

Twiddle
    Kaga nodded a little. "I'm alright, but I agree, it's too cold." He said, blowing his breath out as if making his point more valid. He walked closer to her and stood beside her, hoping his body warmth may help a little.

Aiyana walked along the rivers edge, a heavy deerskin coat on her slim body. A bundle was wrapped in her arms and she walked along, looking for Kaga. "There you are!" She said smiling. She spread out the blanket she ahd made for the stallion, and laid it on his back, tieing it in the front. "There you are." She said petting his nose. She smiled to Kourin and walked away again, going off to get more supplies to make trinkets and things with.

Kaga watched as his friend walked away, and he pulled the blanket off himself. He took it in his jaw and flung it over Kourin, letting it nestle on her back. "That should be better." He said, smiling.

Cihiru
    "That wasn't necessary." She snorted in response to Kaga's emphasis, though more jokingly than anything. The difference in standing side-by-side was actually noticeable; she could feel tensed muscles relax, though only slight, and it was still almost unbearably cold.

Kourin watched the human approach with a neutral expression; they'd never really had any interaction, and she hadn't a chance to form any sort of opinion. She recognized the girl as Kaga's companion, nothing more. And it was with an equally removed look she watched her leave. It was nice of her to bring him a blanket, though...

And too nice of him to give it to her. "Kaga." Her tone was chiding, perhaps. Not that she didn't appreciate the notion. "Don't try to tell me you're not cold." The mare turned slightly, to look at him more directly as she spoke.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled at her and shook his head. "I'm fine, really." He said with a nod. "And don't try to give it back to me, I'm very stubborn." He said grinning. "As long as you're alright I'm fine." He smiled and walked over to the river, lowering his neck to get a sip of the icey water.

Takakun
    The young hunter sat in the shadows, his fur blankets draped over a small wriggling basket as the chilly air freezes his breathe. He watches the two grown soquilis gather by the river and gazes warmly at the basket, thinking one day, the little equine within would grow just as proud and strong. But for now he sat here, rubbing his arms furiously and wondering where was Ahiga was with the firewood...the boy had insisted on gathering them tonight, and was taking his own sweet time as Tahatan guarded their basket.

Cihiru
    "So am I," she commented earnestly. "This could be problematic." And she grinned, laughing as much as a horse could.

Kourin followed him to the river with her gaze, only approaching once she saw him dip his nose for a drink. If he were to look at her then, he might have noticed a hint of rare mischief in her eyes... but he might not have had a chance to. The mare bumped him deliberately; leaning into her weight and attempting to push him into the chilled river.

Twiddle
    Kaga laughed a little at her comment, glancing up to her. He suddenly felt himself being pushed slightly. The next thing he knew he was on his back, covered in icey water and with a dumbfounded look on his face. He looked up at Kourin and snorted at her, though he smiled at the same time. He stood up and shook off, purposely making sure to get close to her as he did.

Cihiru
    Success! She leaned her neck away from the river to shield her face from the brunt of the splash, though Kaga's very intentional shaking still splattered her with droplets. "Are you cold yet?" Kourin straightened herself and peered over, her ears perked forward and her equine face wearing an impish expression.

Takakun
    As the stallion was pushed into the river by the soliquous mare, Tahatan laughed silently from where he was half hidden. The plays of the soqulis often amuses him and he could spend hours watching them.........although the cold of the night when the big sleep comes is not making it that enjoyable...he squinted and pulled his rather threadbare shirt tighter around him

Twiddle
    Kaga looked at her and smirked. "Oh I am so gonna get you for that." He said smiling. He walked out of the river and shook off again, shivering. He tried to hide it, but now he really WAS cold. "Hmm, now, what to do..." He pondered aloud, smirking at her.

Cihiru
    Ah, the sweet smell of victory. Part of her wanted to gloat; to walk a circle around him and pause a short distance off, trying to goad him into asking for the blanket. But no, she was too kind for that, though she couldn't deny it might have been amusing. "Oh?" The mare grinned further still, almost daring him to 'get her back.' "How about..." she paused to pull the cloak off her back with her teeth and throw it over Kaga. "you keep that."

Takakun
    Exasperated, Tahatan decided to get firewood himself. He grumbled...where did that boy go! But he didnt want to leave the basket alone, so he just went a little into the edge of the forest and began picking up good branches of drw wood. Stacking a solid amount, he returned to his place and began to expertly kindle a fire going, putting the smaller, softer woods at the bottom so they burned easily. Soon a crackling fire emerged, giving out much wanted heat and light. He grinned and shifted his precious silver basket closer to the heat and settled back happily.

Twiddle
    Kaga watched as she gave him the blanket, and he shook his head. "No way." He said, slinging it back over her. "I'm fine." He said, trying to keep himself from shivering. He was very stubborn. "I think I have an idea." He said with a grin. He walked a bit closer to her, and circled her, ending up on her left side. "I think I'll just have to.." He trailed off, and suddenly shoved her hard with his head, hoping to knock her into the water as well.

Cihiru
    Kourin had expected this. She even braced herself in advance, hoping to be able to hold her balance once he'd pushed her.

And failed miserably. The mare felt her light form topple at the force, and the river envelop her in what she considered to be an extremely uncomfortable embrace. "Now the blanket's wet too." Kourin rose to her hooves and pulled herself out of the water, droplets streaming off her pelt. "Some idea that was." Once again, she tossed the blanket over him (the task made far more difficult when waterlogged), and took to shaking off beside him, much as he'd done before. "Well then. Now what, wise one?" she teased, her tone hopefully carefree enough to be unoffensive.

Twiddle
    Kaga chuckled and shook the blanket off. He laid it on a nearby rock, and looked over at her. "Well, I got you back, didn't I?" He said with a grin. He shook off again, shivering. "Well let's go find a warmer place, maybe one of the humans has a fire going?" He asked walking over to her again.

Takakun
    the two soquilis were snorting at each other and kicking about, enjoying the winter air. Tahatan wondered what they were talking about, amidst the whinnying and snorts. It does seem that the mare was a little cleverer than the stallion and was attempting to throw the blanket over him... the hunter smiled...and patted his basket...."soon little one", he murmured.

Cihiru
    "At least I had good intentions," she defended, still joking. Kourin really had been cold before. She was freezing now; she could have sworn her fur was nearly standing on end from the way her muscles kept twitching.

"Can't say no to that." The mare bobbed her head in agreement and set to finding this 'warmer place'; she started by taking in immediate surroundings and testing the wind for the tell-tale signs of campfires.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled at her and stood close to ehr, hoping maybe thier body heat together would be helpful. He looked around for the smoke of a fire, hoping someone near had one going since now they were both freezing, and the blanket was soaked as well. He ahd to admit, he didn't think hisplan through fully.

Takakun
    He poked at the fire a little, and added one of the branches. Slowly he wondered if he should go looking for Ahiga...he has been gone some time...what if he is lost, he is just a boy even though Tahatan had already started hunting for himself at that age...his face grew serious as Tahatan stared in to the flickering flames.

Cihiru
    She smelled the smoke before she spotted it, but it wasn't all that difficult to trace. The scent was strong, and the wind was calm enough now to be true, despite her earlier disdain. Kourin walked along its path almost absently, neglecting to call out to Kaga as she followed. Instead, she sniffed the air curiously, testing it once again as she neared what she thought to be her destination.

Twiddle
    Kaga blinked as Kourin suddenly started walking away, and he raised a brow at first. He then smelled, and saw, the smoke ahead and followed after her, trotting to catch up. He walked beside her and was glad they found a fire, he was still shivering badly, and he was also worried about Kourin. He could tell she was more prone to the cold than himself, and he walked closer to her, hoping to warm her slightly, even though they were already heading to a fire.

Cihiru
    The sound of hooves behind her pulled her attention from the potential fire; she tossed Kaga a glance as he closed the distance between them before fixing on the smoke. "So, what happens when we get there?" She could imagine the scene at the end of the trail... A human or two huddled near a meager fire, as cold as or colder than they were. "Just walk up and say 'hi, can I have your fire'?" The mare still wasn't overly fond of humans.

Twiddle
    Kaga chuckled at her comment and shrugged, in a horsey way. "I'm sure they'll let us stay with them for a little while." He said with a nod as they walked clsoer.

Cihiru
    "That's not overly helpful." She snorted disapprovingly, though the smile never really left her expression. It remained even as the fire itself pulled into sight, with a human sitting at its side. "How about you greet him? Since you like people so much, and all..." Kourin paused a fair distance off; close enough to be seen but far enough to feel comfortable.

Twiddle
    Kaga glanced over at her and raised a brow, the shrugged. "Alright." He really didn't understand her weariness of people, but he knew it wasn'y his business and he pproached the human with a friendly nicker.

Takakun
    Tahatan shivered, his breathe forming misty clouds in front of his face, so much so he didn't see the two soquilis approaching, one a beautiful dark roan mare, and the other a frisky stallion, but he heard the clip clops of their hooves over the sandy grass and looked up.

Twiddle
    Kaga looked down at the human, who looked as cold as he and Kourin were. He stood by the fire, then laid down, gauging the mans reaction to this. He hoped it was alright for them to share the fire's warmth.

Cihiru
    She never really thought about it. Why she tried to keep contact with humans minimal, that is; it just was. If she had to explain it though, she probably would have blamed it on an encounter with a young child as a filly, and an over sensitivity to the emotions of others. Humans were so irrational and shameless; it drove her crazy. She hated the way emotions other than her own would push her to act or feel a particular way.

But that wasn't an issue now. Kourin watched the stallion's approach with only mild curiosity; it almost felt as though the cold was numbing her mind as well. She didn't really care what was going on, as long as there was some warmth involved somewhere.

Takakun
    Tahatan stared awhile at the hulking soquili which pushed his head into his chest for a moment and then folded down by the fire. He was a beautifully scuplted dark oaken stallion with large curious eyes, while his companion standing a little off had blue midnight skin and gentle liquid blue eyes.
    The hunter paused for a moment, then smiled shyly, glad to be in the presence of such majestic creatures of the land. Continuing to stroke the fire, he waited for the other soquili to approach, all the while listening to the bumps heard from the basket

Twiddle
    Kaga watched the human for a while, and when he found this man to be no threat and he obviously didn't mind company, he looked over to Kourin and bobbed his chestnut head at her, telling her it was okay to come over.

His deep brown eyes then looked over at the basket near the man, and his ears perked forward curiously. He hadn't yet seen that basket, though he knew of many others around that would soon let out little foals to join them.

Takakun
    His sharp blue eyes watch the male soquili sniff curiously at the basket, and he smiled... patting the lid a little, he pushes it slightly towards the bigger bethren. "when the little one comes out, he'll either be a Sora, or she'll be a Bri..." he spoke quietly, with much affection...Tahatan wasn't sure if the soquili would understand him, but it didnt matter as all were equal around the fire, and he would enjoy atleast someone listening to him on this lonely night.

Cihiru
    The way the man gave a calm sort of acknowledgement reassured her, but in the end it was the fire's glow that drew her forward. She approached slowly, her hooves just brushing the tips of the brittle grasses. When finally she was near enough to feel the heat radiating from the flames, she stopped, and gratefully soaked up the warmth.

Kourin took the opportunity to observe the small camp then; the man and the basket both. This was the first basket she'd seen, actually, and her curiosity tempted her to lean forward and inspect it. It smelled of soquili, she could tell, but she declined further investigation, as the human was moving the basket then. "He has names chosen already?" She tilted her ears forward as she looked toward Kaga.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:07 pm
03.12 Never Again: Kourin, Leonis & Taima

Cihiru
    The evening was a warm one, for once; Kourin couldn't help but take pleasure in the lack of bone-chilling wind gnawing at her frame. It was a simple thing, yes, but such a pleasent one. That, combined with the steadily rising moon and a clear sky brimming with sparkling dots of stars had made a perfect platform for running... And so she did. The mare galloped with all of her heart, taking a rare chance to let herself go and allow her spirit to roam unbridled. When finally she slowed her pace, she rounded her run off near the river. This was her sanctuary; a place she went to think, relax, be alone, refresh herself, and even find company. It all depended on where on the bank she was - that was one of the things she loved about the river.

At this point, the mare realized just how high her spirits were. She felt as though the world was perfect and perhaps nothing could go wrong; the sensation made her smile to herself as she stepped into the river's shallow waters. She paced slowly along the bank, letting the cool waters flow in little splashes around her hooves.

Leonis
    Leonis slowly stands up from his place crouched in the middle of the stream smiling a bit as he walks over to the mare drinking. He would place one wet hand on her and then in one quick motion mount her smiling and whispering softly in her ear. "Fly"

Syrran
    Taima looked up. Someone else was splashing but it obviously wasn't in the lake where he was...Time to go investigate. Who knows who it could be afterall.

He bounded out of the lake and into the grass, the light of the sun gleaming against his silver coat. He neighed to invite the splasher to announce themselves to him as he continued to look for its scource. He had come across the river already, but where exactly on the river were they?

Cihiru
    She only wished the illusion would have lasted longer. The hand against her had been her first warning, but the weight landed on her back too quickly for her to do anything about it beforehand. Kourin let out an alarmed whinny, raring up on her haunches and thrashing at the air with her forelegs out of instinct. She had to get this thing off of her... Hiabi herself had never attempted to ride the mare, and having a stranger attempt the foreign action startled and displeased her. It was unfortunate, for she would have loved to call out a welcome to Taima, had she noticed him.

Leonis
    He smiles tangling his fringers in the mare's mane holding on for dear life as she bucked. He mentally cursed himself. This is not working... His legs would clamp down on her sides almost as if attempting to restrict her breathing and tire her out... though this would tire himself out at the same time.

Syrran
    "Yes, its me Kourin. Its okay." He turned and nickered softly. " Calm down, please?" He wanted to comfort her but he couldn't, not with her in this state of mind. Instead he turned his attentions back to this stranger. He gave him a stern look and snorted. What could this stranger want with them?

Leonis
    Leonis growls in frustration as his grip on the mare's mane becomes loosened by her bucking and by the spray which is kicked up. His closes his eyes as he lands face first in the water.

Cihiru
    She heard Tai well enough. His voice was unmistakable, and reassured her it really was him. She could not, however, act on it. Part of her wanted to 'calm down' as he asked... She really did. But the hidden fear and raw instincts forbade it. As long as this stranger was in such a place that it both threatened her and made it impossible for her to defend herself, her conscience would demand she do anything she could to prevent it.

Fortunately, for both the man and her state of mind, the torment didn't persist much longer. She felt his grip on her mane loosen shortly before his weight slid down the length of her back and into the water. The loud splash sealed her suspicions, and Kourin distanced herself quickly. Once she was far enough to gather her senses without abandoning Tai, she stopped and attempted to collect herself. At this point, the mare became painfully aware she was shaking, but looking to Tai was reassuring... Just not so reassuring she would let her heightened guard down. It was likely this human was still a threat, and she would do anything to defend both Taima and herself.

Syrran
    He came closer to her but kept a good distance. " See? Its a bit better now isn't it?" He smiled and took one step closer. He noticed her shaking. He knew she wasn't fond of humans, but now it would be even worse. How would she react the next time she saw a stranger or if she is trained to ride?

"I'm sorry you had to deal with him Kourin"

Leonis
    He closes his eyes looking up slowly at the horse. He fights down the urge to pull out his dagger and simply kill the beast instead he reaches into his bag and pulls out an apple muttering softly to himself feeling that the bread that had been made was now crumbs he would slowly advance towards the horse the apple outstreached.

Cihiru
    "Better than?... Feeling like the difference between life and death depends on how quickly I get this thing off me?" Kourin doubted that was the meaning he had intended, but regardless, that was what was on her mind. "Probably." Her tone had steadied by now, and she was grateful. "Nothing to apologize for," she commented, and added a 'thank you' smile.

Kourin eyed the man with definite distrust, and backed as he approached with an apple. Now was not the time to make amends; he couldn't be serious.

Leonis
    He eyes the horse watching it back away barely able to supress the desire to wound such a creature he pulls out a small bit of crystalized honey and tosses it to the horse throwing the apple to its feet backing up a small ways and watching.

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:12 pm
03.13 Shattered Dreams and Understanding: Loki & Kali

The clouds were beautiful this eve. The moon's glow blessed their tops, ricocheting around the many nooks, accenting their wondrous shapes and contours. Overall, it created something to the effect of night-light cotton puffs, with a sparkling backdrop, visible only from this heightened vantage. He loved all of it; the clouds, the dotted stars, the rush of wind whipping through his short mane and tail, and the feeling of lift under his wings. The sensation was almost euphoric... he danced in the air to express it, his small hooves pawing at the tips of clouds.

He was so engulfed, it was no surprise when the ebbing sunrise caught the colt off-guard. His first real warning was the glare of light on his still-sensitive eyes, for he'd failed to notice the glow against the horizon. He released an unpleasent squeal; not because of the night's end, nor the sting of sunlight in his vision, but because it was then he felt his wings weakening. Not just tiring, but dissolving. The feathers peeled away, leaving white and ashy grey streams behind him, before they disappeared entirely. Unsupported, his frame barreled toward the earth, causing him to cry out in terror and lash at the air as he tried to right himself.

"Loki... !" The filly leaned her neck forward near the trembling form, and nuzzled it with the best mix of urgency and gentleness she could muster. "Wake up, Loki!" she whinnied near his ears, and withdrew when she saw the colt open his eyes with a start. She would have given a relieved smile too, had his words not chased the expression away.

He wasn't sure if he should be grateful. While the cry was far more abrupt an awakening than he would have rathered, he was sure he didn't want to find out what happened if, some day, he actually hit the ground. Granted, it was only a dream. But sometimes, dreams felt so real. Would the pain feel real too? Would the death be real, even? Loki was far too young to be questioning, but sometimes circumstance turned out that way. "Get off me," he grunted. He didn't want to question.

She fixed him with a disbelieving glare. "'Thanks, Kali.' Anything for you, brother!" Snorting, the filly turned away from the still-laying foal and peered over her shoulder. "One of these days, I'm just going to let you fall."

Loki winced at the sting. He had always wanted to believe he was the only one that knew about the nightmares. He was the only one that knew his deepest fears and desires. Kali's willingness to shatter his illusion made him grimace, even as he pushed himself up on wobbly limbs to face the day.

Having distanced herself from the clearing where they had rested, she sighed heavily and slowed her pace. Guilt was gnawing at her; warning her she shouldn't have spoken so coldly. But what was she supposed to do?! It wasn't her fault he insisted on pushing her away when she tried to help him. It wasn't her fault he wasn't born with wings. And it wasn't like she was asking him to thank her for not calling him a freak; a disgrace to the herd. It wasn't like she was nagging him, telling him it was his fault...

Kali paused abruptly as realization struck her, and she hung her head with a pang of guilt. She couldn't blame him, now... She hadn't felt any responsibility at all, despite the sadness, but she hadn't realized Loki might be burdened. How short-sighted, she chided. Selfish, even. The filly tucked her wings closer against her sides as she resumed her pace, though she had turned back to search for her brother, who had undoubtedly wandered off in a fit of rebellion that she had only just begun to understand.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:32 pm
03.14 I Must be Dreaming: Kourin, Kaga, Delphia & Jaden

Cihiru
    The morning had been a beautiful one; the sort that left her feeling refreshed and carefree. As though all was right in the world, and nothing could change it. She could look off into the horizon, at the still-rising sun, and know she was doing the right thing; heading in the right direction, despite not knowing her destination just yet, nor her purpose. It was alright; the way the plan was supposed to unravel. She had no worries.

So why did it turn out to be one of those days? A day where nothing felt quite right. The generally high-spirited mare was choked by melancholy, and whatever the reason, she couldn't pinpoint it. Even her hooves dragged dully, though she was trying desperately to at least look cheerful. And her eyes... they were the most blatant; she couldn't chase away the distant expression. Kourin sighed audibly; she hated herself this way. It was so unlike her. She was the dependable one. Well-meaning and thoughtful, not burdened. Not sad, especially for not without reason. No, this wasn't like her at all.

She just wasn't sure what to do about it. She'd tried running it off. The adrenaline, and the usual simple appreciation weren't there. She couldn't put her heart into it, though she wanted to. She tried daydreaming too, as she'd done earlier in the morning. The process was usually a little too good at letting her thoughts wander, but it didn't end well either. Her mind kept drifting to all the things she was trying to ignore, leaving her just as gloomy as ever. Kourin was rather out of options at this point; mornings and good company were the only other releases that came to mind. A nice sunrise was obviously out of the question, as the fiery orb was already nearing its peak in the sky. And company... Well, that thought made her repeat a sigh. Hiabi was off on one of those sporadic treks where she'd disappear for days at a time, Kourin had no idea when she'd be back. As for Soquili, she hadn't seen Taima in ages and there were no signs of Kaga since they last spoke days ago. There really weren't many she knew outside them. That thought, too, made her sigh. She was so unsocial...

Maybe she'd just sleep it off. That appeared to be the only option left at this point, last ditch though it was. Kourin adverted her aimless path to her teepee; it seemed best to rest there. Probably because it made her feel safe, but that wasn't a consideration she dwelled on. The mare just plodded with as little thinking as she could manage, even ignoring the small forest dwellers she crossed paths with on the way.

Twiddle
    Kaga trotted along the rivers edge, seemingly bored out of his mind. He hadn't seen Tasunke at all, and he really wanted to give him the rose quartz he and the others ahd found. He sighed and continued to trot down the egde, though then turned and went into a full out run. He hoped the feeling would take his mind off things. His legs pumped hard beneath him as he ran, and he came across a few teepees. He made no move to stop as he passed them, not seeing anything of interest. Until a blueish shape caught his eye. He skidded to a stop, making dust and grass blow up around his legs. He smiled a little as he saw the mare he had once had a foal like crush on. He seemed to not be able to make up his mind, as now he seemed to be swooning after the raccoon Soquili Delphia. "Hey Kourin!" He said hapilly, hoping his old friend would help cheer him up, though as he looked at her he knew that wasn't the case at all. "You alright?"

Cihiru
    Kourin had just reached the camp when a voice broke the tranquil sound of wilderness she was listening to. Not just any voice, either; it was Kaga's. She smiled inwardly, though it didn't manage to surface. "Hi Kaga." Her ears flicked forward as she turned to face him, and she realized he wasn't looking quite like himself either. "Me, alright?" she questioned, pausing characteristically at the end. "Of course." She might have been more honest had it been something he could help with, but the mare didn't really care to burden him with nonsense, particularly since she wasn't even sure what was bothering her.

Her gaze had fallen to the ground as she thought, but she pulled it back to rest on him before speaking again. "What about you?" Kourin closed the distance between them and walked a circle around the larger stallion, putting on a show of scrutinizing. "You seem to be less than cheerful." And she stopped to face him again, arching a brow.

Twiddle
    Kaga could tell she was different, she was definately not how she normally was. "Me?" He started at her question. "Oh, I'm alright. Just a bit dissapointed lately." He said nodding, digging up the ground with the tip of his right foreleg. "I've been looking for Tasunke, have you seen him?" He asked, hoping his friend had seen the man around.

Cihiru
    Kaga's fidgeting distracted her; chocolate eyes flicked to watch his pawing every now and then. "I don't spend much... er, any time around the village. So, no, I haven't seen him." She was sure to look to him then. "I'm sorry." Kourin was regretful though; she wanted to be able to assist him. She wanted to ask why he was disappointed too, but refrained. It wasn't really any of her business.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled a bit to her and nodded. "It's alright, thanks anyway." He said, nuzzling her slightly. "I have a gift for him. He gave me this braclet," He lifted his foot to show her, "And this necklace," He puffed his chest out to show her the jade jewels. "And I wanted to give him something in return. I found a bunch of rose quartz with some of the other Soquili. Would you like to see them?" He said smiling cheerfully, hoping to lift her spirits.

Cihiru
    Kaga had offered plenty of distraction. Between the comforting gesture and the presentation of his recent acquisitions, she couldn't help but smile a little. "They're very pretty. They look good on you, too. That was nice of him." She paused thoughtfully, tilting her head a little. "And nice of you." Kourin admired the thoughtfulness. "I definitely want to see them." The mare nodded decisively.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled brightly at seeing her smile. "Great! Just follow me." He said, nipping at her mane playfully before trotting off. He smiled back at her, hoping he could help cheer her up more. He hated seeing anyone in bad spirits, especially anyone as nice as Kourin.

Talencia
    Delphia was grazing near the rose rock. It was still rolled over on it's back. The 'top' had looked plain, but the underside now exposed showed the inside was hollow, studded with lovely rosey quartz, shining like a frozen flower in the sunlight. She kept one eye on Jaden, who was sitting atop the edge, peering interestedly into the glowing puddle of rock.

Cihiru
    "I think I can manage that." She nodded somewhat absently before following. Kourin was more concerned with figuring out how to repay Kaga, for she would have had to be blind not to notice he was making a decided effort to lift her spirits. There had to be something she could do... Well, something manageable. Finding Tasunke wasn't really an option; she didn't even know where to start there. Nothing came to mind though, she had to settle for returning his smile with an earnest grin of her own.

Twiddle
    Kaga lead Kourin over towards the tree he called his own now, and blinked as he saw the familiar shape of Delphia grazing there. He stopped in his tracks, hesitating. This was not good. It wasn't that he wasn't happy to see Delphia, but he wasn't sure the two mares he had been flirting with would get along too well. He approached with caution, and smiled at Delphia. "Hey Delphia! Hey Jaden! How's the wing?" He asked as he looked up at the bird.

Talencia
    Delphia raised her head, a clump of grass dangling attractively (ha) from the corner of her mouth. She grinned at first, seeing Kaga, then perked her ears as she spotted someone following him. A mare! She shook her head to lose the clump of grass and fidgeted, a touch of her shyness and uneasiness returning. What should she do? Were they... a couple? Uncertain, she decided she probably had best treat them as such. It wasn't fair to lay claim to Kaga, particularly since he had been such a good friend. He didin't deserve conflict over who he favored. Determinedly, she put on a bright face and trotted over. "Hi Kaga!" She turned to the mare and bobbed her head respectfully. "And greetings! I am Delphia, and the grumpy lump of feathers over there is Jaden."

Jaden was indeed grumpy. His wing ached badly, but no longer stung as it had the day before. He had been examining the rosey rocks, but now turned his back and harumphed, fluffing his feathers disgruntledly. He still hadn't quite forgiven Delphia, but he knew he would eventually. He was just in a bad mood right now.

Cihiru
    The mare had followed rather silently, lost in thought and a general loss for words. Making conversation was usually relatively simple, but she wasn't really in the mood for mindless chatter, and didn't want to bother Kaga with it anyway. That, and she had better things to think about. Things like how to lighten her own mood and how to repay Kaga for his kindness. She didn't have long to consider it, though. The trek to the 'rocks' had been shorter than anticipated, and it wasn't long before she found herself looking on a tree and... another Soquili, to her surprise.

She tried to smile pleasantly, greeting the other without giving the grass any thought. "Kourin," she said simply, nodding a little. "Good to meet you." And she allowed herself to look past the mare, where she had indicated there was a 'Jaden.' Curiosity had gotten the better of her, and she wanted a quick glimpse. The lump of feathers, as it were, was not so easily spotted, but she found him to be a rather handsome hawk once she finally laid eyes on him. "And Jaden, too." Kourin looked back to Delphia, offering a polite smile, before turning back to Kaga with a questioning expression. He sure had fallen silent...

Twiddle
    Kaga was obviously nervous, he kept shifting his weight from side to side. It was all good for now. He then realized he had to choose who he actually did like. Meh, he'd save that for another time. He looked down at the rock full of rose quartz, and smiled at Kourin. "This is what I told you about." He said nodding.

Talencia
    Delphia hated to see Kaga so uncomfortable. And she hated to know she was why. Her ears swiveled unhappily around, showing her uneasiness. She began slowly backing away from the other two, one step at a time. She really couldn't do this to Kaga. She didn't want to just come out and say that he needn't worry about her... that she didn't mind that he had a girlfriend. Because that was basically true. Wasn't it? She nodded her head in mild distress at her whirling thoughts and took another step backward.

Jaden, however, never had a problem coming right out and saying things. Call it his talent. He was pretty grumpy, but he liked Kaga. So he hopped back around to face them, still perched on the rose rock. He stared Kaga in the eye brassily and announced, "She is going to run off, you know." He waved his uninjured wing at Delphia, who was about to turn completely around and excuse herself before bolting. He was good at reading situations, and knew this was awkward, but refused to allow his bonded to leave so unhappily. "Do you really want her to?" If a hawk could put hands on hips, he would have.

Twiddle
    Kaga blinked at Jaden, then looked over to Delphia. "Delphia? Oh, please don't leave." He said, looking at her sadly. "I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." He glanced to Kourin. Were they together? He wasn't entirely sure himself. But he really wanted them all to be friends. Oh how he got into trouble.

Cihiru
    She, of course, hadn't noticed Kaga's discomfort while addressing the mare and (what she assumed was) Delphia's familiar. Now that she looked to him though, it was blatant. But she refused to dwell on it, as he was quick to mention what she'd been wondering about - the quartz. It was quite unlike anything she'd seen, but was undeniably beautiful just the same. Kourin smiled as she looked from the rock back to Kaga. "They're lovely... I'm sure Tasunke will love them." She nodded for emphasis.

The smile didn't last long, however. Jaden's abrupt assertion had caught her entirely by surprise, and she took an uneasy step backward. Well, this was awkward. The discomfort was relatively contagious, for the unaffected Kourin was now shifting her weight uncomfortably and trying to think of something to distract herself with. It wasn't that she didn't want to help, but Jaden was clearly addressing Kaga and she didn't exactly know Delphia, leaving her feeling rather misplaced and perhaps wishing she hadn't come here at all.

Twiddle
    Kaga sighed inwardly. Now they BOTH were uncomfortable. "Um... Kourin." He turned to the blue roan mare, and smiled sheepishly. "Do you think... That is, would you..." He shook his mane and tried this again. "Would you like to be my mate?" He asked, his eyes downcast on the ground. He shifted his weight from foot to foot.

Talencia
    Delphia stopped and listened, her breath held. She didn't feel as if the ground had fallen out from under her... that told her a lot. But she did feel a hope for Kaga's happiness. She waited for Kourin's answer.

Cihiru
    Hearing her named pulled her out of her 'I'm-not-here' desires, and she looked questioningly to Kaga. "Hm?" His uneasy start made her raise a brow, rather oblivious to the source of his nervousness, but she was unwilling to hold it against him. That is, until the question broad-sided her and made her blink clumsily. His mate? That was unexpected, to say the least. She considered him a friend, certainly, but that was... Well, unexpected. She couldn't think of it another way.

She had become aware he was no longer looking at her, too. Kourin contemplated for a brief moment before acting decisively. She approached Kaga, situating herself so they were face-to-face, in a manner of speaking, and she lowered her head, looking up to meet his gaze. "I'd love to." Her tone was soft, but certain. The dullness was gone from her expressive eyes; they were sparkling now. Happy, even.

And she'd all but forgotten Delphia was observing.

Twiddle
    Kaga looked up to meet her gaze, and his eyes and face lit up. "Really? Great!" He smiled happily and nuzzled her. He 'hugged' her, placing his neck beside hers and laying his head on her back. He then remembered Delphia was there, and he glanced over to her with an apologetic smile.

Cihiru
    Kaga's obvious happiness reassured her. Well, that, and the way a warmth in her chest chased away the sadness that had been drowning her since sunrise. The feeling of perfection was familiar to her, but now, it was that much sweeter. She too smiled earnestly, taking a step forward to mirror his equine embrace, planting a nuzzle on his shoulder.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled, all thoughts of other Soquili and other things seemes to melt away. He was happy, and he was glad to be with her. He nuzzled her affectionately again, smiling, and unable to stop. He finally pulled away from thier horsey hug, and smiled brightly at her. He felt like a love struck yearling. He trotted around her, whipping his mane around behind him. He looked rather odd, prancing arund her, though he was too full of happiness to care.

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

Cihiru

Swashbuckling Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:11 am
03.15 A New Twist on an Old Favorite: Kourin & Kaga

Twiddle
    Kaga wandered around, wondering where Kourin was. He hadn't seen his mate in while, and he hoped she was alright. He passed by his tree, and sighed. He also hadn't seen Tasunke yet. It had been so long, why couldn't he find the man that made the beautiful jewelry? He sighed and glanced at the rose rock, watching it shimmer in the sunlight. He tore his eyes from it and walked away, heading in the direction of Kourin's teepee. He hoped he could find her there.

Cihiru
    It was one of those average wanderings. The mare would meander aimlessly, staring at the sky and kicking her heels as she bolted through clearings, always pulling to a close near the river and adverting her path back to her teepee, where she'd wait for Hiabi to return while she rested. It was a fairly dependable ritual, and she didn't bother to deviate today. After all, what good was a morning routine without regularity? So here she was, slowing her pace as she shortened the distance to her home, and giving her head a brief bob as it came to a halt. Kourin stole a moment to peer at her surroundings; swiveling her ears to listen to the wildlife and craning her neck to take in the dancing shadows. When she was satisfied, she hooded her eyes, and whuffed a content sort of sigh. It was a rare moment, for her to think of nothing at all, and she was rather enjoying it.

Twiddle
    Kaga looked around, and smiled as he spotted the familiar shape of Kourin. He started to walk over to her, and he heard her content sigh. He stopped and just watched ehr, not wanting to disturb her moment of peace. He loved just looking at her anyway, he found her stunning.

Cihiru
    She had been rather alert, all things considered. Maybe she was listening for the faint crunch of Hiabi's returning footsteps, or admiring the wildlife's chorus. Or perhaps she was listening for something else. Either way, Kaga's approach made her ears flick attentively, and she cracked a lid to fix the stallion with a watchful gaze and a warm smile. "Why, good morning." And her grin broadened as she turned toward him and took a few steps in his direction, her chin tucked in coy posture and her eyes glowing with mischief.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled at her and trotted over, closing the distance between them quickly. He nuzzled her affectionately, and saw the mischivious look in her eyes. He raised brow at her and smiled. "How are you?"

Cihiru
    "I am... mm." The mare paused in her thought to appreciate and return his nuzzle, then pulled back and flicked her gaze to peek at the sky. "I'd say restless, but that's not quite right, and I'd be lying." Bored wasn't quite right either. "I just am, I suppose." It was an odd mix between itching to do something and nothing. She was satisfied but bored. Perplexing, indeed. "And you?" Kourin pulled her eyes back to Kaga, and refreshed her slightly faded grin.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled and shrugged a little. "I'm alright. Just a bit... dissapointed, I guess." He said smiling at her. "Though I'm better now." He said nuzzling her again. "Where were you head?"

Cihiru
    "Still no Tasunke?" This was more a hunch than actual intuition; it was just the only thing she could think of Kaga would have to be disappointed about. If there was something else, he hadn't shared it with her. "Oh, I don't know where I was headed. I just came back, actually." And she took a moment to glance around the area, as though looking for someplace that might be worth going. "It's too bad morning wanderings can't really take all day."

Twiddle
    Kaga nodded at her question. "Yeah, I guess I'll just have to be pateint." He gave a soft smile and chuckled at her comment. "Well we could walk together for a while." He said nodding. "Would you like to?" He loved just being near her, and he gazed at her happily.

Cihiru
    "He'll turn up," she reassured, and nodded thoughtfully. Even though she wasn't particularly sure when or where he'd turn up. Things like that just sort of worked themselves out, right? There wasn't a lot she could do to assist. Maybe she'd go look for Tasunke later, though.

"Certainly. Buuut..." Kourin peered at him out of the corner of her eye, grinning slightly. "Where to?" Truthfully, she knew it didn't matter. It wasn't the destination that mattered; it was the time it allowed them to spend together and enjoy each other's company. This just seemed more fun, and she was curious to know if he had anything new, or interesting, or even mysterious in mind.

Twiddle
    Kaga smiled, and shrugged a bit. "To the river maybe?" He said, remembering how the two of them had pushed eachother in a while back. He chuckled at the memory, and got a sly look in his eye. He started to walk towards the river, and motioned her to follow him.

Cihiru
    "That's acceptable." And she smiled in a way that said any answer would have been more than fine. A beautiful morning and a pleasant walk with her favorite being in the world? What more could she ask for? Kourin didn't catch his expression as she absently followed step.

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff