Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Christian friends
Vampires are like those that aren't saved! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is she talking about?
  Something I've never thought of before.
  I don't have any idea.
View Results

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:16 am
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
My mom was talking to teens at our old church about vamps. I don't know if any of you knew. But the story on how vamps got started was where a man's wife died and he was so mad at God he took a cross and started to stab it. (The guy believed as the story goes) And God was so mad at the man God turned him into a vamp. Doesn't that send up red flags? God turning one of his children undead? That doesn't add up. If any of you wanna I could ask my mom to post on here about her story with stuff like vamps and so on and about what she looked up on vamps. (For her papers and so on that she had to write to tell the teens at our old church.)

Actually that's from Bramstoker's Dracula. The guy was writing fictions. The idea of vampires came from people not understanding diseases and decompation. If people started dropping dead in the town you lived in they would have assumed it was a vampire.

Well I guess she didn't know because she said if she takes the book and reads it she is hooked again. Thats how I am.

Interesting fact: the word vampyre, where we get the word vampire, origniate in germany around the 1300's

I don't remember where I read it, but I'd thought it came from the Slavic word 'upir' which is more akin to witch if you go all the way back through the etymology of the word. I shall go through my library and look for it again.....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:38 am
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
My mom was talking to teens at our old church about vamps. I don't know if any of you knew. But the story on how vamps got started was where a man's wife died and he was so mad at God he took a cross and started to stab it. (The guy believed as the story goes) And God was so mad at the man God turned him into a vamp. Doesn't that send up red flags? God turning one of his children undead? That doesn't add up. If any of you wanna I could ask my mom to post on here about her story with stuff like vamps and so on and about what she looked up on vamps. (For her papers and so on that she had to write to tell the teens at our old church.)

Actually that's from Bramstoker's Dracula. The guy was writing fictions. The idea of vampires came from people not understanding diseases and decompation. If people started dropping dead in the town you lived in they would have assumed it was a vampire.

Well I guess she didn't know because she said if she takes the book and reads it she is hooked again. Thats how I am.

Interesting fact: the word vampyre, where we get the word vampire, origniate in germany around the 1300's

I don't remember where I read it, but I'd thought it came from the Slavic word 'upir' which is more akin to witch if you go all the way back through the etymology of the word. I shall go through my library and look for it again.....

I was talking about when it was found in historical artifacts. Sorry I should have said that earlier  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:10 am
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

I was talking about when it was found in historical artifacts. Sorry I should have said that earlier

For the sake of argument, what about ancient cultures depicting blood drinking creatures on their pottery. Egypt has at least one god/goddess (can't remember which) that drank blood, and they were around way before 1300 A.D. India has a goddess entirely centered around drinking blood as well.

But you're probably right as far as being a 'true vampire'. 1100-1300 A.D. is probably the time frame the 'vampire' mythos was established in literature....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 6:55 am
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

For the sake of argument, what about ancient cultures depicting blood drinking creatures on their pottery. Egypt has at least one god/goddess (can't remember which) that drank blood, and they were around way before 1300 A.D. India has a goddess entirely centered around drinking blood as well.

But you're probably right as far as being a 'true vampire'. 1100-1300 A.D. is probably the time frame the 'vampire' mythos was established in literature....

The oldest written about blood drinker is from about 2000 b.c. in china. The belief is that if an ancestor was not pleased they would come back and get revenge by sucking the family member dry of all their blood  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:11 am
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

The oldest written about blood drinker is from about 2000 b.c. in china. The belief is that if an ancestor was not pleased they woul;d come back and get revenge by sucking the family member dry of all their blood

Well.... thats er...freaky...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:26 am
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud

The oldest written about blood drinker is from about 2000 b.c. in china. The belief is that if an ancestor was not pleased they woul;d come back and get revenge by sucking the family member dry of all their blood

It's not that bad. During the first centery church people that weren't christian thought the christians were cannibles due to the communion.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 pm
That's because, technically (depending on your denomination of 'christianity') some actually believe it is the actual body and blood of Jesus they ingest whenever communion rolls around. So I guess, in a sense, it kinda is cannibalism.

Speaking of which:

Two cannibals were eating clown stew for dinner and one asks the other, "Does this taste funny to you?" rofl xd rofl blaugh rofl xp rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 pm
Kyramud
That's because, technically (depending on your denomination of 'christianity') some actually believe it is the actual body and blood of Jesus they ingest whenever communion rolls around. So I guess, in a sense, it kinda is cannibalism.

Speaking of which:

Two cannibals were eating clown stew for dinner and one asks the other, "Does this taste funny to you?" rofl xd rofl blaugh rofl xp rofl

Good one. Also there was the fact that they met in the catacombs in Rome, which made it look odd. Then there was the fact they were secretive.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:28 pm
gothic_black_rose
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud
gothic_black_rose
Kyramud

It's not that bad. During the first centery church people that weren't christian thought the christians were cannibles due to the communion.

The whole thing about thing where the ancestor would come and drink all of that person's blood because it wasn't happy.
(just so you all know I don't believe in ghosts. I believe in Demons and Angels but not human souls's running around on earth. The reason I say this is because I am friends with some who do believe in ghosts. They know that there is a God but they just don't care. I think they have had or have demon's in there home because of what they do. I have been over there house alot. But I think maybe God made them leave me alone if there was any. Just saying...)  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:44 pm
I know this has kinda been said already but I'm kinda adding. It's used to be that people who were thought to be vampires were rejected out of society or killed. Also, in those times, people not of the faith were rejected and, depending on where and when they lived, killed as well. But as the world progressed, this practices have been lost in most places. And on the topic of werewolves, I guess you could say they are like those saved because they aren't always "evil", just sometimes, like that saved, we try to like "good" lives but sometimes we can't. Also, this is more with modern look on vampires and werewolves (Twilight <  

Nerd_of_Many_Faces

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:13 am
Nerd_of_Many_Faces
I know this has kinda been said already but I'm kinda adding. It's used to be that people who were thought to be vampires were rejected out of society or killed. Also, in those times, people not of the faith were rejected and, depending on where and when they lived, killed as well. But as the world progressed, this practices have been lost in most places. And on the topic of werewolves, I guess you could say they are like those saved because they aren't always "evil", just sometimes, like that saved, we try to like "good" lives but sometimes we can't. Also, this is more with modern look on vampires and werewolves (Twilight <

Riddle me this Batman twisted

Vampires must take blood from somewhere (mostly humans if going by the traditional view of a vampire) which in turn converts the one bitten into another vampire. Same goes for werewolves. But, once saved, we cannot become unsaved. But, if Unsaved, we can become redeemed. How is it that a Vampire (read: Unsaved) can become a Werewolf (read: Saved)?  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:26 am
Kyramud
Nerd_of_Many_Faces

Riddle me this Batman twisted

Vampires must take blood from somewhere (mostly humans if going by the traditional view of a vampire) which in turn converts the one bitten into another vampire. Same goes for werewolves. But, once saved, we cannot become unsaved. But, if Unsaved, we can become redeemed. How is it that a Vampire (read: Unsaved) can become a Werewolf (read: Saved)?

And that's where the comparison stops. We (humans), unlike these creatures, can change from "vampire" to "werewolf"  

Nerd_of_Many_Faces

Smol Pixel IV

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 6:00 pm
gothic_black_rose
With the whole vampire craze going on I noticed somethings and thought it help people tpo see the similarities within the two.

1. Both are part of the living dead.
2. They are afraid of the light and cannot live in it.
3. They are constantly thristy.
4. They must fulfull this thrist though other things and people.
5. They love worldly things.
6. They are inwardly tortured.
7. They blaime God for things.

Can you come up with anymore?

your ignorance makes me laugth.
vampires ARE huamns
there are all sterotypes.
let me educate you.
these things you call Vampires
Are human.
They where born 'vampires' by a Generic disorder
it is calls a Retro-Viruse
This means the fallowing.
Disclaimer :: I been doing alot of investigation, this is what i have gatherd
x. They are not sendsitive to ligth.
x. They don't drink blood, but if they did, there bodys can
procses it better, due to the reto-vriuse, they can eat more
iron that recomended.
x. They do not fly.
x. They belive in god,((most of them))
alot of your so called 'vampires' are infact Christan
x. They are Human, there NOT imortal
x. Has more info, PM me for a video explaining the reto vriuse
i also have a website.
in all ; these so called 'vampires'
are humans born with a messed up DeoxyriboNucleic Acid [dna]
I can go on bout the all of these 'ghost' & 'demons/spirts'
im very knowlaged of them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:08 pm
xMurderxMexDeadx
gothic_black_rose
With the whole vampire craze going on I noticed somethings and thought it help people tpo see the similarities within the two.

1. Both are part of the living dead.
2. They are afraid of the light and cannot live in it.
3. They are constantly thristy.
4. They must fulfull this thrist though other things and people.
5. They love worldly things.
6. They are inwardly tortured.
7. They blaime God for things.

Can you come up with anymore?

your ignorance makes me laugth.
vampires ARE huamns
there are all sterotypes.
let me educate you.
these things you call Vampires
Are human.
They where born 'vampires' by a Generic disorder
it is calls a Retro-Viruse
This means the fallowing.
Disclaimer :: I been doing alot of investigation, this is what i have gatherd
x. They are not sendsitive to ligth.
x. They don't drink blood, but if they did, there bodys can
procses it better, due to the reto-vriuse, they can eat more
iron that recomended.
x. They do not fly.
x. They belive in god,((most of them))
alot of your so called 'vampires' are infact Christan
x. They are Human, there NOT imortal
x. Has more info, PM me for a video explaining the reto vriuse
i also have a website.
in all ; these so called 'vampires'
are humans born with a messed up DeoxyriboNucleic Acid [dna]
I can go on bout the all of these 'ghost' & 'demons/spirts'
im very knowlaged of them.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

there are humans born with that disorder but what I think she is talking about is the mythical ones from movies and such.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

The_Cursed_Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:16 pm
Here is my make believe make up of a vampire, I would know because i am one twisted

1. Sunlight affects them slightly, it can give them up to second degree burns

2. They like Mtn Dew.

3. They prefer fresh MEAT rather than blood

4. they never sleep

5. they can run faster than cars

6. they are musically talented

7. And they don't know what a werewolf is.

8. They don't like whats his name or Edward they give vamps a bad name.

9. THEY DON'T LIKE TWILIGHT!  
Christian friends

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces