Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Gaia's Christian Network News
A school sent girl to have an abortion! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Royal Crayon

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:52 am
werebot
I don't see that the school did anything wrong.
If she wanted to have an abortion and she didn't need parental consent, that's her business.

I don't think a school is allowed to do something like that. Especially without her parents agreement. It's like when you go on a field trip, you need your parents signature before going.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:14 am
Kyramud
xThe Sky Lightsx

Because she doesn't learn anything from it. All she learns is when life gets hard take the easy, evil way out of things, not to rise above, even if it may be difficult and own up to her actions. Thats what PARENTS are for. They are to raise children to learn right from wrong, and guide them to be responsible for their actions. As offensive as it may seem to you its true. And thats why so many people are selfish nowadays and ignorant. Because their parents let them do whatever they feel like, and not take responsibility for their actions. Parents shape the way their children will turn out as human beings once their out on the own, thats why the mother should of been involved at some level. I listen soley to my God Jesus Christ when it comes to such matters, and in the Bible it states plainly answers for everything, including the matter of abortion, and it states that it is wrong. You and I agree to disagree. May God bless smile

You've never been subject to an abortion have you? So, don't go saying that people who have abortions are taking the 'easy way out' and never have to deal with the consequences ever again. They have to live with the memory of killing someone entirely dependent on them for survival. You can bet she learned something out of this experience. And, you're right, she is a child. As a child why would you have her try to go through childbirth? Don't only adults do that? Oh, but wait, she's adult enough to have this baby against her will, but not adult enough to choose whether she should or not. Not sensing any double standards there at all.
And you're right. Parents SHOULD teach their children how to grow up into respectable, financially secure adults, but the problem is that sometimes, regardless of what the parents do, the children just don't listen. I myself am extremely strong willed, and don't listen to my own parents on occasion. The only way I learned was to make mistakes. Same thing applies to this. She made a mistake, had a choice to make, made it, and is now living with the consequences of her decision, regardless of whether the parent had any say in it whatsoever.
What if the family aren't Christian, and don't give a hoot what your god has to say about their life? What then?

Oh, and the Bible doesn't have the answers for everything. There is actually quite a bit of gray area in the Bible. It would be impossible for a book, no matter how divinely inspired, to write an answer for EVERYTHING. It would never be finished, and wouldn't fit on earth.

Yes, abortion is horrible, is in effect killing infants, and all that stuff. But don't presume to try to tell her how to live her life. Didn't God mention something about that as well? (Hint: has something to do with large and small pieces of wood....)

There are answers for everything in the Bible. A lot of it may be hard to understand at first, may take a lot of thought, and can be quite complex to find the true meaning of, but there are answers for everything. The Bible explains what life is all about, and how we should live it. Jesus was sent down as a model to show how a human is supposed to live. Were supposed to read and follow the Bible as a guide to life. So yes, there are answers to everything in the Bible, including this topic smile  

Sky2235

Virtuous Seeker

Aquatic_blue

Chatty Conversationalist

9,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:56 am
This is messed up and definitely breaks a lot of laws. I mean, they can't really get away with that, can they? It's just downright wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:25 am
Again, I have to point out that this is a pointless argument, guys! I mean, we all have our different oppinions, definitly, abotu what happened here, but, common, trying to shove our opinion down the other's throat isn't the way to go about it! I'm ok with using verses to prove a point, but common! There is no way for us to know for sure!! There just isn't. We're arguing over an important subject, yes, whether abortion is right or wrong, but then we go off on these little unimportant bunny trails like 'What the school did was wrong!' 'The girl was forced!' 'The parents didn't know!' etc. We don't know, and won't know for sure.  

Hikaruhia

Romantic Browser

17,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150

Harmonys Dream

5,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:23 pm
All right! All of you shut up! If you are going to fight about this and not do a THING to help this girl or help stop this then you do NOT need to be fighting over it! You need to stop fighting within this guild about this kinda stuff.

To all of you who think that this is ok or you don't care or whatever! You need to face the facts. One: It IS a human baby that was and that are being killed. Two: It hurts the girl. Maybe not right away. The mental stuff of wanting to kill herself and so on may come later in life. And having one done might make the girl unable to have another child. It matters the girl's body and the doctor who is doing it.

Now I believe you should ALL stop fighting and get to work on how to help stop this!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:36 pm
xXxFaiths DreamxXx
All right! All of you shut up! If you are going to fight about this and not do a THING to help this girl or help stop this then you do NOT need to be fighting over it! You need to stop fighting within this guild about this kinda stuff.

To all of you who think that this is ok or you don't care or whatever! You need to face the facts. One: It IS a human baby that was and that are being killed. Two: It hurts the girl. Maybe not right away. The mental stuff of wanting to kill herself and so on may come later in life. And having one done might make the girl unable to have another child. It matters the girl's body and the doctor who is doing it.

Now I believe you should ALL stop fighting and get to work on how to help stop this!

Well I see a flaw here. You say we shouldn't argue because we are not doing anything to help her. That's like the abortionists saying Pro-Lifers are horrible people because we won't adopt the would-be aborted babies. So yes we are all horrible woman-hating pigs. But that has nothing to do with the issue. Whether or not we help her has nothing to do with whether the issue in of itself is right or wrong.  

Seraphim6496

Hikaruhia

Romantic Browser

17,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:40 pm
Renegade-Roboto
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

Well I see a flaw here. You say we shouldn't argue because we are not doing anything to help her. That's like the abortionists saying Pro-Lifers are horrible people because we won't adopt the would-be aborted babies. So yes we are all horrible woman-hating pigs. But that has nothing to do with the issue. Whether or not we help her has nothing to do with whether the issue in of itself is right or wrong.

But here's the flaw in that logic:
We can't know if it's right or wrong because we don't know the intentions of the girl. Nor do we know FOR SURE if the mother knew or didn't know. We don't know anything that is vitally important to the story. Maybe the writer of the article was pro life and she slightly twisted the writing. Maybe she wrote it straight. Maybe the girl told her mom. Maybe the girl's mom found out somehow. Maybe the mom new in the first place, then realized it was a stupid choice. There are far to many MAYBES that we don't know nor will we know.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:45 pm
Torako_Kameyo
Renegade-Roboto
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

We can't know if it's right or wrong because we don't know the intentions of the girl. Nor do we know FOR SURE if the mother knew or didn't know. We don't know anything that is vitally important to the story. Maybe the writer of the article was pro life and she slightly twisted the writing. Maybe she wrote it straight. Maybe the girl told her mom. Maybe the girl's mom found out somehow. Maybe the mom new in the first place, then realized it was a stupid choice. There are far to many MAYBES that we don't know nor will we know.

I never actually stated whether or not the girl was in the right or not or the school or the mother or anything. This part, "So yes we are all horrible woman-hating pigs." was sarcasm. I have ever only sayd "THAT"S WRONG" about abortion in and of itself.  

Seraphim6496

Hikaruhia

Romantic Browser

17,700 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 2:51 pm
Renegade-Roboto
Torako_Kameyo
Renegade-Roboto
xXxFaiths DreamxXx

I never actually stated whether or not the girl was in the right or not or the school or the mother or anything. This part, "So yes we are all horrible woman-hating pigs." was sarcasm. I have ever only sayd "THAT"S WRONG" about abortion in and of itself.

Then I'm not talking about you, am I :p? I'm talking about the people who are debating the write and wrong of the school the girl and the mother. I agree, that abortion is wrong. Christians should be clear on the fact that life is sacred to God, thus abortion is wrong (I may have posted out of context. My bad ^-^' I'm a tad zealous).  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:51 pm
werebot

Here's one big difference: I was born, and fetuses are terminated before they feel pain or have higher brain functions.

A BABY or a fetus is growing. Anything that grows is alive. Therefore, when you abort a BABY, you are commiting murder because the BABY is alive.

Not all babies are aborted as fetuses. Technically one can abort the baby at any point of time. The only thing that changes is the amount of money and the method used. "After 20 weeks of gestation, abortions can be performed by labor induction, prostaglandin labor induction, saline infusion, hysterotomy, or dilatation and extraction." At 20 weeks, do you want to tell me that the baby is just a fetus? Baby at 20 weeks= http://www.babycenter.com/6_your-pregnancy-20-weeks_1109.bc
Proof that at 20 weeks they CAN feel the pain = http://www.mccl.org/Page.aspx?pid=298

At 8 weeks they can feel the pain and 8 weeks is basically the soonest that one can perform an abortion. So whenever one decides to do it, the baby does feel the pain. "By this age the neuro-anatomic structures are present. What is needed is (1) a sensory nerve to feel the pain and send a message to (2) the thalamus, a part of the base of the brain, and (3) motor nerves that send a message to that area. These are present at 8 weeks. The pain impulse goes to the thalamus. It sends a signal down the motor nerves to pull away from the hurt." More from that article can be found here= http://www.abortionfacts.com/online_books/love_them_both/why_cant_we_love_them_both_14.asp  

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200

Kyramud

Lonely Phantom

7,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:44 pm
xThe Sky Lightsx

There are answers for everything in the Bible. A lot of it may be hard to understand at first, may take a lot of thought, and can be quite complex to find the true meaning of, but there are answers for everything. The Bible explains what life is all about, and how we should live it. Jesus was sent down as a model to show how a human is supposed to live. Were supposed to read and follow the Bible as a guide to life. So yes, there are answers to everything in the Bible, including this topic smile

Then again, where does the Bible say 'And in this year did Alexander Graham Bell invent the telephone.' It doesn't. But, I'm pretty sure his inventing the telephone is apart of 'everything'. So, by definition, the bible doesn't have answers for literally everything. But, it is true that the Bible does a good job of addressing almost everything.

Edit: 'Everything' meaning: An amount or quantity from which nothing is left out or held back: aggregate, all, entirety, gross, sum, total, totality, whole.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:22 pm
Kyramud
xThe Sky Lightsx

Then again, where does the Bible say 'And in this year did Alexander Graham Bell invent the telephone.' It doesn't. But, I'm pretty sure his inventing the telephone is apart of 'everything'. So, by definition, the bible doesn't have answers for literally everything. But, it is true that the Bible does a good job of addressing almost everything.

Edit: 'Everything' meaning: An amount or quantity from which nothing is left out or held back: aggregate, all, entirety, gross, sum, total, totality, whole.

Mr. Bell's invention of the telephone, no matter how useful the device is, is actually quite pointless. We could survive without the phone. People did it for thousands of years before he invented it.

So How about "Everything meaningful" or "Everything necessary to save you but from getting charboiled" ?  

Seraphim6496

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:41 pm
Renegade-Roboto
Kyramud
xThe Sky Lightsx

Mr. Bell's invention of the telephone, no matter how useful the device is, is actually quite pointless. We could survive without the phone. People did it for thousands of years before he invented it.

So How about "Everything meaningful" or "Everything necessary to save you but from getting charboiled" ?

the phone helped give way to the tv which will help in the last of days. For it is written that two prophets will be killed for all the world to see and satan and his followers will rejoice.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:10 pm
she shouldn't have an abortion anyway!ABORTION IS WRONG it's killing a little unborn boy/girl!what if your mom had an abortion!you wouldn't be on earth.it's wrong!  

Failed Chicken

3,600 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
Gaia's Christian Network News

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items