Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
Is cussing a sin? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:26 pm
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint
Cant touch Kit
Shadows-shine

Of course the wages of ALL sin is death, but wouldn't saying that a sin is a sin is a sin is a sin, contradict what Christ taught about committing the Unpardonable sin, that being the worst sin of all? A sin for which there is NO forgiveness?

Good point but this is one thing I have to say, no one should really be sinning if they are a christian. Their is no such thing as a sinning christian so if you think you can sin and get away with calling yourself a christian, you can't. So still sinning is still wrong, no matter how big it is. I know this from a bible study and from church service. (I'm 13 and I remember my dad talking about this in the living room when I was 12 and it was like in May or August!)

Nonsesnse , all men Christian or not are perpetual sinners , this is exactly why we need the Grace of Christ.

Calling ourselves "Christian" and even receiving the holy spirit upon us, does not flick a switch and make us perfect human beings, if this was the case, we could Work our way to salvation.

We will all sin, great and small we will commit it daily, we "do" commit it daily in our thoughts as well as our actions. Is it right to do so?
No, but that is why we live within christ, and seek his everlasting love.

Do not say that being a Sinner and a Christian are mutually exclusive, as one of the key aspects of being a Christian is recognising that you "are" a sinner, and need Christ more than ever.

I dont want to sound mean but No one has to sin daily. That is why Christ came and died to keep us from sinning over and over again people were getting saved before he came so he wanted us to be free from it so we dont have to constantly ask for forgiveness. If we sin daily that's killing him on the cross over and over again. That contradicts the reason why he came.
There's a Time to Laugh "Ephesians 2: 8-9"

ALL humans sin daily and it's more than once a day. If you don't forgive someone that's a sin. you don't love someone, that's a sin. If you cuss that's a sin. if you lust after something, that's a sin. If you lie, that's a sin. We commit sins we aren't even aware of all the time. We may say "oh that's that can't possibly be a sin it's such a small thing". But in reality it's a sin.

Being Christian isn't about perfection but it's about being forgiven for our imperfections and striving to be Christ like at all times. Though we all fall short of that and give into our fleshly desires.

And a Time to Cry "Romans 5: 3-5"

But aren't we suppose to ask God to keep us from sinning? That's why he died for us...if you sin, you basically back slide and you are no longer a christian...that's why you are suppose to ask God to control your flesh...your flesh has no power over God whatsoever...even if you are human and you have the desire to sin, ask God to fill you with the holy ghost to keep you from doing the temptations ...that's just the devil trying to pull you back to the way you use to be...yes we may all be human and desire for things but that doesn't mean we have to answer that desire. God can help us...that's why he saved you and is keeping you saved in the first place.

So you haven't sinned once since you were saved?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:40 pm
gothic_black_rose
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint

Nonsesnse , all men Christian or not are perpetual sinners , this is exactly why we need the Grace of Christ.

Calling ourselves "Christian" and even receiving the holy spirit upon us, does not flick a switch and make us perfect human beings, if this was the case, we could Work our way to salvation.

We will all sin, great and small we will commit it daily, we "do" commit it daily in our thoughts as well as our actions. Is it right to do so?

Do not say that being a Sinner and a Christian are mutually exclusive, as one of the key aspects of being a Christian is recognising that you "are" a sinner, and need Christ more than ever.

I dont want to sound mean but No one has to sin daily. That is why Christ came and died to keep us from sinning over and over again people were getting saved before he came so he wanted us to be free from it so we dont have to constantly ask for forgiveness. If we sin daily that's killing him on the cross over and over again. That contradicts the reason why he came.

ALL humans sin daily and it's more than once a day. If you don't forgive someone that's a sin. you don't love someone, that's a sin. If you cuss that's a sin. if you lust after something, that's a sin. If you lie, that's a sin. We commit sins we aren't even aware of all the time. We may say "oh that's that can't possibly be a sin it's such a small thing". But in reality it's a sin.

Being Christian isn't about perfection but it's about being forgiven for our imperfections and striving to be Christ like at all times. Though we all fall short of that and give into our fleshly desires.

But aren't we suppose to ask God to keep us from sinning? That's why he died for us...if you sin, you basically back slide and you are no longer a christian...that's why you are suppose to ask God to control your flesh...your flesh has no power over God whatsoever...even if you are human and you have the desire to sin, ask God to fill you with the holy ghost to keep you from doing the temptations ...that's just the devil trying to pull you back to the way you use to be...yes we may all be human and desire for things but that doesn't mean we have to answer that desire. God can help us...that's why he saved you and is keeping you saved in the first place.

no, I haven't...I did before but that's when I backslid...I do understand what your saying but still, God is the one who we should let guide us instead of letting our flesh doing so..to put it in a simple manner, you should learn from your mistakes instead of doing it over and over again.  

Cant touch Kit

Shy Gaian

6,525 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Friendly 100

CrimsonsDecayingRose

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:58 pm
First off, everyone sins. It is impossible not to sin. I do not know where you have the idea that you have not sinned since you were saved. Please enlighten me. Christ died on the cross for EVERYONE'S sins. Claiming that one is not a sinner is a sin, i do believe. It's in the Lord's Prayer that we ask forgiveness. I just do not understand why you believe you are not a sinner...

Second, what is the sin that can not be forgiven? I heard it in passing at Church once, that one sin was worse than all others, but i did not hear what the sin is exactly.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:02 pm
Cant touch Kit
gothic_black_rose
Cant touch Kit
faithful quenga
XxQuiinHotxX
Four Mile Sprint

no, I haven't...I did before but that's when I backslid...I do understand what your saying but still, God is the one who we should let guide us instead of letting our flesh doing so..to put it in a simple manner, you should learn from your mistakes instead of doing it over and over again.

Where in the bible does it say when you become a Christian you never sin again? You are implying that since you are without sin anymore that you are perfect, which is wrong and a lie. ALL men fall short of the glory of God and God is perfect we are far from it.

you haven't lied once since you've been a christian? You've not once cursed since you've been a christian? Have you worried or had anxiety since becoming a christian? Because for that one moment you worry or have any anxiety you are doubting God and thus SINNING.

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:07 pm

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, & the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful & just to forgive us our sins, & to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John1:8-9)

that verse there states what you're doing is deceitful which is a SIN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:11 pm
faithful quenga

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, & the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, he is faithful & just to forgive us our sins, & to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." (1 John1:8-9)

We say this every Sunday at church. Directly as you have it written.  

CrimsonsDecayingRose

Naruto kun778

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:06 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
faithful quenga

She is my sister and i know what you guys mean. she is not saying once saved all ways saved she is saying that Let Jesus take over you lives so you don't have to worry about sin. Did Jesus ever sin he proved that you don't have to sin.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:10 pm
XxQuiinHotxX
CrimsonsDecayingRose
faithful quenga

She is my sister and i know what you guys mean. she is not saying once saved all ways saved she is saying that Let Jesus take over you lives so you don't have to worry about sin. Did Jesus ever sin he proved that you don't have to sin.

You are forgetting Jesus was fully God and fully man. He was fully man so he could die. He was fully God so he could go without sin so that he could die for our sins.  

emorhconom esor
Crew

Hilarious Lunatic

Naruto kun778

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:21 pm
gothic_black_rose
XxQuiinHotxX
CrimsonsDecayingRose
faithful quenga

You are forgetting Jesus was fully God and fully man. He was fully man so he could die. He was fully God so he could go without sin so that he could die for our sins.

He had to become a man of flesh and bone so he could die but he could not use any of his Godly power or the death on the cross would have no effect  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:28 pm
It all depends on what you mean  

Jao Feng

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:38 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose
First off, everyone sins. It is impossible not to sin.

It is not impossible to not sin.

Do you realize that when Paul was stating that "All have sinned" he was addressing specifically the Romans? Back in his day the Bible was not compiled together, so the scrolls in which the epistles were written on were meant for the specific person or group?  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:42 pm
CrimsonsDecayingRose

Second, what is the sin that can not be forgiven? I heard it in passing at Church once, that one sin was worse than all others, but i did not hear what the sin is exactly.

Unpardonable sin. Blasphemey against the Holy Ghost. That is the one that will cause you to loose your salvation.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Nottaname

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:56 am
Shadows-shine
CrimsonsDecayingRose
First off, everyone sins. It is impossible not to sin.

It is not impossible to not sin.

Do you realize that when Paul was stating that "All have sinned" he was addressing specifically the Romans? Back in his day the Bible was not compiled together, so the scrolls in which the epistles were written on were meant for the specific person or group?

All means ALL, not just the Romans  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 9:57 am
Shadows-shine
CrimsonsDecayingRose

Unpardonable sin. Blasphemey against the Holy Ghost. That is the one that will cause you to loose your salvation.

There is no unforgivable sin, God forgives all sin doesn't matter what sin it is  

Nottaname

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:17 am
broken_ninja37
Shadows-shine
CrimsonsDecayingRose

There is no unforgivable sin, God forgives all sin doesn't matter what sin it is

Then why did Jesus teach about one?

No, that's not how it work back in Paul's day. When he wrote an epistle, it was directed towards the Romans, Timothy, Corinthians, etc. The Bible was not compiled as the collection of books that it is today, so those letters were just directed at whom they were written.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff