Brussels sprouts are delicious, don't know what you're talkin' about! talk2hand

I've got a lovely bunch of coconuts.
There they are a'standing in a row!

Waku, I love you. Brussels sprouts are my friend~ I heart them. x3

"Give them a twist, a flick of the wrist!"
That's what the showman said!

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:06 pm
Kals is questing again!

Ewwies, brussel sprouts even smell vile. Strangely enough, I sometimes crave them. Usually they make me gag though.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 12:45 am
I agree...I doubt I'd be able to stomach brussel's sprouts even if you paid me.

Or offered me favors...  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:13 am
I've never even seen one until I searched in Google images just now.  

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 7:59 am
Pickles are give and take for me... It really just depends on my mood. Sometimes I can be all, "Hey... I need a pickle RIGHTNAO!" But other times I'm like "Pickle? Blerghh... ><" I used to eat them all the time when I was little, though I never touched the brine. Not out of not wanting it, but because if I did, my sister's wrath would burn the house down... .____.;;

As for pickles on my food? Yeah. Potato salad, hot dogs, vanilla pudding...

And Brussels sprouts? Nothankseverplzkthnxbai.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:32 am

I had heard about a similar list on the radio one more and had to laugh because there were a fair amount of foods that I love to eat whenever it's made. AOL did a survey on their website, asking its visitors what foods they hated.

Out of the 20 on there, I like 15. biggrin xd

http://forums.online-sweepstakes.com/showthread.php?t=701687

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:45 am
Liver - I've never had it.
Lima Beans - I've never actually had them as is. But in soups and such I have no issue with them.
Mayo - Just had some on a sandwich...yum yum!
Mushrooms - So delicious!
Eggs - Yeah, I don't like eggs. Eggs in stuff is fine, but otherwise....
Okra - I've only had fried okra once, and I thought it was fine.
Beets - Yummy!
Brussel Sprouts - Yummy!
Fish - I don't eat any seafood.
Gelatin/Jello - Who the heck doesn't like jello?!
Sour Cream - Yummy!
Pea Soup - I don't think I've ever had pea soup...but I like peas. Pea soup makes me think of Family Guy, though. "What is this diarrhea soup?"
Oysters - See: fish
Peas - Yum!
Raisins - Yum!
Cooked Carrots - Yum!
Onions - Super yum!
Cilantro - Why not?
Maple Syrup - It's like the jello...who doesn't like maple syrup?!
Blueberries - Blueberries are delicious! People are crazy.

I don't see how olives didn't make that list. Or, well...pickles.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:18 pm
Liver -Gross stuff
Lima Beans -Tasteless
Mayo -Good stuff
Mushrooms - Depends on what kind
Eggs -Eggs are okay
Okra - Gross stuff
Beets - I don't like my urine turning red, kthnxbye
Brussel Sprouts - Gross
Fish -Depends on what kind
Gelatin/Jello -Only the green kind
Sour Cream - Depends on what I'm eating.
Pea Soup -Peas give me the runs
Oysters - Only raw
Peas - See pea soup
Raisins - Nope...Grapes only
Cooked Carrots -Eh, I'll stomach them
Onions - Should not be considered a food
Cilantro -Only on mexican food
Maple Syrup - Too sweet...
Blueberries - If I'm in the mood for them.  

Arcanas

Hunter

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:30 pm
Hm, let me see...

Liver - Not too bad if you have no sense of smell and you don't mind that the aftertaste is reminiscent of how urine smells. Okay, that is very disgusting. It smells awful while cooking, too. But periodically I do end up ordering it at a restaurant or something because I have a strange craving for it. Must be an iron deficiency or something.
Lima Beans - EEEEEWW it's not that lima beans taste bad; they don't really taste like anything. They just have a horrible texture. Personally, I swallow them whole like pills ever since my mom told me eating them was like taking my vitamins.
Mayo - heart I love mayo. But only proper mayo. I haaaaaaaaate Miricle Whip or other 'whipped topping'.
Mushrooms - possibly one of the best foods known to man.
Eggs - Also possibly one of the best foods known to man. I kind of dislike egg yolks though. Also, even the smell of eggs with ketchup makes my stomach heave.
Okra - never tried it.
Beets - delicious, pickled or stewed.
Brussel Sprouts - This should be on the top of the list.
Fish - Depends on the fish. Not a fan of cod or halibut, but I like salmon and I love freshwater trout, if it's cooked correctly.
Gelatin/Jello - Jello is awesome but also disturbing considering it's made of that slime that's left congealing on the serving platter after you've left your chicken or turkey sit too long.
Sour Cream - I would eat sour cream out of the tub with a spoon some days.
Pea Soup - I discovered, after having my wisdom teeth removed and having to get creative with a liquid diet, that I absolutely LOVE pea soup. Turns out the reason I had never had it before that was my mom couldn't stand it.
Oysters - smoked oysters are especially good, but you have to drain them first.
Peas - Peas are yum if they are raw or lightly steamed. Peas in stirfy are okay too if they're still in the pod. Boiled peas are disgusting. And frozen peas are not meant to be included in spaghetti sauce, lasagna, stew, or anything remotely tomato based. Blech!
Raisins - delicious!
Cooked Carrots - I can tolerate boiled-to-death carrots better than peas, but cooked carrots are best when they're lightly steamed. Mmmm.
Onions - Super yum! Even the pickled one.
Cilantro - Cilantro is good in moderation, and better fresh.
Maple Syrup - Okay I agree with maple syrup being gross. Does that make me a bad Canadian? It was never available where I grew up and I didn't know what all the hype was about until I had it and I was like.... I will have some roger's golden syrup please. I do like maple cookies and candies though, in small amounts. I find them overly sweet.
Blueberries - I know at least two people who hate these. They are insane.

Olives are not that bad, but it took me years to acquire a taste for them. The whole black ones you get in greek salads are the best kind, not the canned sliced ones. And green olives are gross.

Other things that belong on the list include canned green beans, ketchup, mustard (not for me, but I know a lot of people who hate it. Usually the same people who hate pickles and blueberries), and just about any boiled vegetable.  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:10 pm
Kalstolyn
Miss-dark8607
I hate cherries and carrots.

Interestingly, people who are allergic to raw cherries are often also allergic to raw carrots.

I think one day in my early years I must have had a really bitter cherry and I hated them ever seen. The very smell of them sickens me. Anyway that is pretty interesting.  

Miss-dark8607

Dangerous Visionary

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 8:55 pm
Kals, are there any significant similarities between carrots and cherries?
Or any other traits they might share that would make it so?
Besides them sharing the first letter. 8B  
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:00 pm
Kals is questing again!

They're both somehow chemically related to the birch family (actually cherries are IN the borch family, along with apples, pears, peaches, nectarines, plums, hazelnuts, etc.). I only know this because my mom and my brother have this specific birch allergy. They get hives and have trouble breathing after eating raw carrots, potatoes, or any of the fruits listed above.

Check sig for details!

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Chexley

1,850 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:20 am

Liver: I love this stuff with a side of mashed potatoes.

Lima beans: are delicious with some hot sauce and cornbread.

Mayo: The only time I eat that is on a sandwich or on hard boiled eggs. Miracle Whip in particular is yummy mixed with cut up apples and raisins.

Mushrooms: I've never taken one and just eaten it. It's always been cooked by itself or with something.

Eggs: I can eat these every day.

Okra: I had it once and my dad made me believe that I was eating sheep. I have since learned that it is a VEGETABLE and that I don't like it. xd

Beets: I like them pickled.

Brussel Sprouts: are delicious.

Fish: I heart fish.

Gelatin/Jello: I hardly ever eat it. I have to be in the mood for it.

Sour cream: I can take a spoon and eat it as is. It's tasty~

Pea soup: Don't hit me when I say I've never had it.

Oysters: I've never had those, either, so...

Peas: I love them.

Raisins: I don't eat them too often. When they're in the house, I like them in my salads or my oatmeal.

Cooked carrots: are pretty much the only time I eat carrots. lol

Onions: I like eating them fried, but when they're in a burger or sandwich, they're just as good. I read they're very good for your colon.

Cilantro: I can't stand this. It's gross and it stinks.

Maple syrup: Quite frankly, I'm curious as to why this is on the list because it's straight sugar, unless you get genuine maple syrup (then I can see why people don't like it).

Blueberries: I don't eat these often enough to have an amount of preference or dislike for them.

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 9:42 am
Kalstolyn
Olives are not that bad, but it took me years to acquire a taste for them. The whole black ones you get in greek salads are the best kind, not the canned sliced ones. And green olives are gross.

Yeah, I can eat black olives ok. Usually I just have them on veggie pizzas or something.
But the green ones? Uggggh.

wakusei
Vice Captain

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:06 pm
I love pickles. Dill pickles, with or without garlic. Bread-and-butter pickles. Sweet and sour pickles.

My grandmother on my dad's side used to make mustard pickles and chow, and other kinds of delicious pickled veggies. And then my nana on my mom's side would make pickled ginger. I LOVE pickled ginger.

Pickled turnip is one of my favourite things, too. Probably the only thing I'm so-so about is pickled beets. Kimchi is wonderful.

There are currently three or four types of pickles in my fridge. x3 I would never drink the brine (ew) but pickles....mmm.

As for that list of hated food:

Liver: I had some in highschool, just to try it. Had a really funny taste that I found fascinating, just because I'd never tasted anything like it. I don't know if I liked it or hated it.
Lima beans: I'm not a fan of them, but I don't hate them. There are very few veggies I hate.
Mayo: I like it in moderation.
Mushrooms I LOVE mushrooms. Lovvvve them. I put them in a lot of my foods.
Eggs: I like eggs, but not boiled.
Okra: I don't even know what that is.
Beets: Not something I'm overly fond of, but they're ok.
Brussel sprouts: Yum! Especially with italian dressing!
Tuna: I like raw tuna in sushi. And I love tuna sandwiches. I can't stand it in other stuff.
Jello/gelatin: Do. Not. Want. I hate the texture. Reminds me of snot. I will sometime partake in jello shots, though.
Pea soup: I hate peas. I hate the taste of peas. I most definitely hate pea soup. DO NOT WANT. Probably the only veggie I outright hate.
Oysters: I haven't had them, but in general I don't like shellfish.
Raisins: Hate them. Blegh. Dried fruit in general, I don't like it whatsoever.
cooked carrots: I'd prefer them raw, but I like them cooked well enough. Especially with honey or maple syrup.
Onions: I like onion. I just like it in moderation.
Cilantro: I can't even think of what this tastes like. I know I've had it on stuff, but I don't know, specifically, what the flavour is.
Maple syrup: I have to be in the mood for maple syrup. I like it on eggs. And on cooked carrots. Sometimes in coffee, in lieu of sugar.
Blueberries: After having worked scooping blueberries and then in a blueberry processing plant, I hate the smell. I used to like them, though.

My least favourite foods:
Cottage cheese. (Don't think I could keep that stuff down. The texture and taste make me want to puke.)
Pineapples. HATE the taste. Can't eat anything that has touched pineapple juice. Eugh.
Green olives. I WANT to like them, but I just can't. I like black olives, though!
Shrimp. Like eating insects. gonk
Headcheese. Do I even need to explain...?
Any sort of dried fruit.
Bananas. I love the taste, but the texture...blehhh.
Kraft Dinner w/ Ketchup. Kals reminded me of this. This smell literally brings out a gag reflex in me. My younger brother ate this every. ********. Day. For lunch in high school, and I always got stuck cleaning the dishes. The smell...even now, my stomach is heaving just thinking about it...  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff