Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:25 pm
Saverio C.
Just last month my alliance in Evolution 5 disbanded after 5+ years of playing and three years of being number one for three rounds straight the leaders ended and most of the members left the game. I am still fighting on in the game, but it's not the same.

Your alliance was only number one because mine disbanded and most of us left the game AGES ago.

... Yes. Sav and I were bitter rivals before we ever knew we were both in the ATG. Of course once my buddies knew that I knew you and your trollish ways... heh I am sure you have wiped that painful, painful day out of your memory.[/slightlyofftopic]

I dunno, I like the games in their own category, but that's because I really like things to be tidy and organized.

I know there have been a few "revitalize the guild" things that people have tried to do. Not sure what else we could do except magically find a whole buttload of awesome people who have a lot of cool stuff to talk about.

Also... Maybe I will make a topic about some stuff that has been going on. My life has basically been a black hole with only the IRC for a social life for the past two years-ish. I have not had the time or the energy or the mental capacity to be an active member of this guild in a looooooong time. I think that part of the problem is that a lot of us are in a similar position. I just... don't want to make the ATG my personal BLAHHHHHHg.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:50 pm
Lawl.

You guys. x3 Figures the thread I post about our lovely guild falling by the wayside would be popular enough to shoot up to three pages over a day or two. I really didn't mean to sound so melancholy. It was a moment... that has passed. It's good to know so many of you are still around lurking, I just... want to SEE you. ><;; So many of you have had such an influence on my life, and I don't want to lose that. XP

Sav 'n' Jaft: I agree about the games bit. Seems as though if we condense things back into a single forum, or limit it to one subforum for the trim and fat like RPs, we could centralize threads. Sort of like bunching commerce together. The collective bit adds to the overall economy... Anyone else tracking on my ridiculous metaphor?

And Terra! ;-; I didn't mean to leave you out... I wasn't saying that NOBODY posts, I... .____.; *huggles?*

New blood is definitely the way to go. Not everyone can stick around forever. I went on a recruiting spree the other day, but... I don't really think it had much of an effect. I'll try again, shall I?

I'm glad to see that some of you newer oldies and newer newbies have stuck around with us. I'm... technically a newer oldie, I think. Maybe a middle-aged oldie... I don't know. August 2006. Where does that lie in the proverbial timeline?

xDarkPisces

Opinionated Flatterer

12,725 Points
  • Buggin' 500
  • Super Jumper 500
  • That One Hero 500

Elcia

Barton Elder

21,250 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly Flashback 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 7:03 am
Ever since the end of last summer I've been a major lurker. There is just so much school work to do and now I'm going to start working full time so even less time to be online.

So it's not so much moving on as there is just more to do than can be done.
I really wish I had time for RPing at least but it's not going to happen sweatdrop

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:16 am
Kalstolyn
Saverio C.
Just last month my alliance in Evolution 5 disbanded after 5+ years of playing and three years of being number one for three rounds straight the leaders ended and most of the members left the game. I am still fighting on in the game, but it's not the same.

Your alliance was only number one because mine disbanded and most of us left the game AGES ago.

... Yes. Sav and I were bitter rivals before we ever knew we were both in the ATG. Of course once my buddies knew that I knew you and your trollish ways... heh I am sure you have wiped that painful, painful day out of your memory.[/slightlyofftopic]

Right, I'm sure who ever you ran with won a round by over 2 billion points in a round right? How about won three rounds straight. 4 if you count a round where NOD grabbed up extra members so we wouldn't win the round. Red* was the strongest Evo alliance ever and I'd run with them even if you brought the SL back in it's prime.  

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:35 pm
I don't even remember when I joined the guild at this point, but I have been getting less active. I think it's just attributed to gaining different interests. At first most of my socializing was done online. Then I got a car, and wanted to hang out with people here. Not saying it's the same for everyone, but for me this place starts to get my attention when RL isn't really calling my name as much.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:13 pm
The regulars are growing up, going to post-secondary or working full time (or both, like myself). I've also got a RL boyfriend and a lot more RL friends now, and as much as I love the ATG RL will always take priority.

-Formerly La Belle Isolde-

Trish the Stalker

Saverio C.

4,200 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:29 pm
Trish the Stalker
The regulars are growing up, going to post-secondary or working full time (or both, like myself). I've also got a RL boyfriend and a lot more RL friends now, and as much as I love the ATG RL will always take priority.

Traitor!  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:31 pm
Saverio C.
Trish the Stalker

Traitor!

ATG isn't RL? Lol  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:37 pm
Kaz Likes Cookies
Saverio C.
Trish the Stalker

Traitor!

ATG isn't RL? Lol

Not for most of us.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:40 pm
Xikrai the Risen
Kaz Likes Cookies
Saverio C.
Trish the Stalker

Traitor!

ATG isn't RL? Lol

Not for most of us.

i know. it's sad though. even i'm off to college this fall. sad  

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:02 pm
well... Kusa lives with me, so... the ATG IS RL for me! ^_^  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:10 pm
Yeah, ATG hasn't gotten that IRL for me. If it was easy for me, it might be possible, but it is not. I did meet Erv, but we never really chilled much. Met up for dinner on campus once.  

Xikrai the Risen

Dapper Reveler

1,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200

Kaz Likes Cookies

5,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:12 pm