Submit

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 5:39 pm
Provocateurs should also be punished. O_O  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:52 pm
emmmahy
The whole of America is going to get s**t for that event

The thing that sucks about that is a lot of people in Europe and Asia do not realise that while Canada is located in North America, Canada is not part of America (ie the United States) and in many cases, has totally different policies, attitudes, and philosophies.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:33 pm
Kalstolyn
emmmahy
The whole of America is going to get s**t for that event

The thing that sucks about that is a lot of people in Europe and Asia do not realise that while Canada is located in North America, Canada is not part of America (ie the United States) and in many cases, has totally different policies, attitudes, and philosophies.

Which explains why I was talking about America, ne? ;D

Anyway America is the raeg center for...everything that happens, really. Canada is just not that interesting. XD  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:27 am
emmmahy
Canada is just not that interesting. XD

That's just what we want you to think. ninja  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 8:30 am
Taeryyn
emmmahy
Canada is just not that interesting. XD

That's just what we want you to think. ninja

Is it? Is it really? ninja  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:07 pm
For sure! Actually, Canada is really awesome, and has saved the world several times over, but we let the British take the credit for most of our accomplishments because it is not polite to brag. My point is that I have noticed that many people living overseas use the word "Americans" to mean "Everyone living in North America, except for maybe the Mexicans."

Back to the topic at hand, someone needs to send that church a video of Kamal Saleem's story of his treatment at the hands of Christians after he was in a horrible car accident while in the United States on a Muslim takeover mission. Basically, they took him in and cared for him, payed his medical bills, gave him a place to live until he recovered enough to go back to his own apartment, gave him a new car, made him a part of their family life, and talked openly with him about their faith. It really is an incredible story about a man who has lived an incredible life. I think if people in the Church (big-C, I am speaking of the Christian Church as a massive, singular entity here) want to do something about the spread of Islam and the philosophy that infidels must convert or die etc., they ought to do what Kamal Saleem's new friends did. They showed him unconditional love, and let him make up his own mind about which God he would choose to serve.  

Kalstolyn

Desirable Genius

5,150 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:56 pm
Well, the protest is apparently off. This guy is a first-class nutjob. :/ I think the damage has already been done, though...

Read more here  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:37 pm
Taeryyn
Well, the protest is apparently off. This guy is a first-class nutjob. :/ I think the damage has already been done, though...

Read more here

He only reconsidered D:  

emmmahy

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

AspectzZ

6,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:23 am
didnt he cancel the burning completely then reconsidered after he was told that the info he recieved about the ground zero mauqse being moved was wrong? And hes wrong anyway, im a Florida christian and i have family in the Marine Corps and i just see this for what it really is, anti-muslim propoganda from a backwards idiot thats just goin to get more ppl hurt. Oh btw, im Garrett, aka Greatness Invisioned, yoputube - Iamgarrett14. ive been in the guild for a while but just got back on gaia, hit me up wink like to get to know you all  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:23 am
Kalstolyn
For sure! Actually, Canada is really awesome, and has saved the world several times over, but we let the British take the credit for most of our accomplishments because it is not polite to brag. My point is that I have noticed that many people living overseas use the word "Americans" to mean "Everyone living in North America, except for maybe the Mexicans."

'Swhy calling the USA the States is used often in Europe.

Anyway, back on topic, the law in the States protects what other countries would criminalize as hate speech except in the case of the speaker inciting others to harm property or persons based on race, religion, etc.
Ergo, burning the Qu'ran is not a criminal act...unless, you stole it from a Muslim with the express purpose of burning it.  

Aachren

AspectzZ

6,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 11:57 am
Aachren
Kalstolyn

'Swhy calling the USA the States is used often in Europe.

Anyway, back on topic, the law in the States protects what other countries would criminalize as hate speech except in the case of the speaker inciting others to harm property or persons based on race, religion, etc.
Ergo, burning the Qu'ran is not a criminal act...unless, you stole it from a Muslim with the express purpose of burning it.

Exactly, thats why no one could step he and tell this idiot to stop what he was doing. They could only try to reason with him because he is protected by that certain U.S law. And no one knows how he obtained the Qu'ran'sin the place so trying to hold him a "theft with intention harm property" charge wouldnt hold up in any court.

Off topic, while I was in Amsterdam people did call the U.S the States so Aachren is right on that end, but i have heard my friend from Czeck use "Americans" the way Kalstolyn said.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff