View Results

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:01 pm
Well, naturally, classes would really be hard. Most of the typical "mmo" classes don't really translate into a soquili/horse very well as those classes are fitted towards battle. And, it's a soquili rule that soquili do not have any special powers or magical abilities. That being said; it's best to stay away from that. Things will make more sense that even if they did come originally from azeroth; now that they are in our "earth" realm of old during the soquili (american native indians) time period; the closest they can get to any fo that is of a shamanistic nature.. possibly druid.. but i believe that in wow.. most druids followed what were called the Cenarion Circle. The cenarion's Circle's place in teh world was always being in communion with the planet. They were always obsessed and watched, studied, and researched the health of the earth and the balances of the local wildlife with the planet.

now, this does translate into soquili rather well. Any druid like ones could have brought over the ideals of Cenarion into this new world. They seek to study, research, and watch this new world. They seek to learn everything they can about it's inhabitants. They also seek to understand how all creatures live in it and are affected by it. When there are things that seem amiss, they look into it. I think this could be an important aspect to include even if you do not know anything about wow... since it could lead up to possibility of potential "quests" for herd members to gain promotions or special recognition later on. It would give reasons for multiple soquili of hte herd to be working together and interacting with one another. It would make sense then that when going on expeditions in this new world, a group might include hte primary party leader, the one carrying their rations on hand, and maybe another who will be keeping a mental map of where they are going to ensure they return home safe and sound.

If there is anything I can do in terms of finding ways to bridge hte wow world's lore and this soquili world lore; i'll be happy to help.

((off topic: what did you all do with the 3rd basket?))  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:46 am
Ah interesting, yup you'd need to bridge my gaps, I've been reading WoW wiki since the WoW event, wish I could play it but I'm too poor and don't have the time. D:

So I have to make do.
But what you said about the druids is an interesting aspect and I'd love to bring that over, it'd be good for back plotting and ...further plotting haha. *pokes her basket* I'd like this one to be a bit like that. xD

((Since it is Hyper's first breeding I let her deal with where that went.
It went to someone called Seruta. Now this is the line of one of my most important soquili ...my first soquili, he's a grandaddy now so I would like roleplay or for them to join in on this fun with us, but I'm not forcing it because people get busy...like I have been for ages. D:
))  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:18 am
Yep! I gave it to a newbie thats very active and was very interested in family rp.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 6:46 am
*watches the goings on with interest*  

LydaLynn

LydaLynn

Nebula Dragon

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:09 am
Yeah. i happened to be talking with her in thread recently. I really like her. She has a friendly and non abraisive personality. I look forward to her possibly becoming an active part of this herd with her baby. :3 heart

and i sent falcon a pm last night with a name suggestion and the backstory.

for my name suggestion: i offered Cenarion's Footprints. x3 hehe...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 7:43 pm
Tehe! Slow Falcon is slow... sorry its been taking so long! Also im sorry to say that the herd was named... however! You guys may post which you would prefer and i shall change it accordingly!!! <3

* Cenarion's Footprints
* The Moonglade Herd  

Renegade Athena

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 pm
well, there is a new wrinkle. while i was talking with a friend about it. she wanted to know if i got permission. so then i sent it to hte rp manager, and i was told that you cannot involve any other worlds.. even if they came from it.. so i need to rewrite the history.. so i'm in process of changing some aspects and trying to submit them to the rp manager for approval. i'll let you guys know when that happens.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:02 pm
Oh damn, i really loved your story crying
I shall amend the original herd thread, and any new ideas are welcome!
Herd link here, cast votes and when the name is decided i will open 3nodding :

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=20770969#290270737  

Renegade Athena

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:10 am
Hyper Falcon
Oh damn, i really loved your story crying
I shall amend the original herd thread, and any new ideas are welcome!
Herd link here, cast votes and when the name is decided i will open 3nodding :

]http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=20770969#290270737

I'll try and get some things written up on the herd and that banner with no name so far. xD  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:36 am
I think the idea of htem originating anywhere but having either already been where they are... or possibly come from europe or something. Nissy says that soquili can only have come from another continent on earth if they come from elsewhere.

Also, I just wanted to say that the reason I voted for Cenarion over Moonglade is because while Moonglade is a very wow'ish name; it's also a very night elf'ish name. Since not all wow members of our herd might be from the alliance, maybe not all would blend well under that? But, Cenarion? All who love azeroth and even the outlands must honor and follow the ways of Cenarion. Not all adventurers and great warriors who come to the aid and assistance of the Circle and Expeditions are all druids though druids tend to be at the heart of the Cenarion Clan.

So, i'd like to ask and propose this.. if we go with a moonglade title.. Could we have a special unit in the herd that are called the Cenarion Spirit walkers. They would be a collection of druids who do just what they would do in wow: to study, research, guard the planet and local eco systems. When things are amiss or off key, they look into it and try to create solutions to help the planet and/or local wildlife. We could take that idea a step further, and that could be their "belief system" rather than have a diety or religious system?  

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:23 pm
That sounds like a good idea 3nodding . And the only reason why i came up with Moonglade was because its the name of a neutral territory where both Alliance and Horde come together. I just went through a list of neutral areas and i thot moonglade sounded better than Booty Bay XD  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:46 am
Hyper Falcon
That sounds like a good idea 3nodding . And the only reason why i came up with Moonglade was because its the name of a neutral territory where both Alliance and Horde come together. I just went through a list of neutral areas and i thot moonglade sounded better than Booty Bay XD

Grace's idea is so cool! xD
I'd definitely want to try that. biggrin  

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:02 am
Alright we need a tiebreaker lol  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:36 am
Ok, well how about then for a revised overall story!
Quote:

There was once a few generations back a small settlement here in this area. It had been frequently terrorized and plundered by kalonas and skinwalkers. The environment had started to suffer, and the soquili who lived there started to become fearful for their children's survival. As it would turn out, not many years after these raids came a group of druids. They came to the herd leader representing themselves as the Footprints of Cenarion. They said that they were dispatched to this region to set up a small camp where they might work from; that they might research the region as to the causes of all these increasing levels of raids. They hoped they might be able to help restore it to its previous serenity.
The leaders of this small reclusive herd thought perhaps the gods had smiled on them with some fortune. While a few were slightly apprehensive and feared this group might be some weird occultic zealots, the group agreed that the purpose for this group would serve their children.

The herd's elders and the Elder Druids all met during a meeting. The druids explained how they would do their best to not cause too much problems, but they also said if the herd didn't mind to lend some of their able bodied adventurers. Perhaps they'd be able to work together.

Now, with a few generations passed, the Cenarion group has become a permanent part of this clan. However, not all of the reasons behind the reason of their coming had been resolved yet. The footprints of Cenarion still are keeping watch and trying to solve the mysteries of this glade.

Graceangel

Benevolent Phantom

17,750 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200

Renegade Athena

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:19 pm
Me likey me likey! heart  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items