Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Bible and other christian discussions
We shouldn't persecute Christians of different denominations Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gregar828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:34 pm
Azkeel, first off, check your grammar before posting. That last post made my eyes hurt.

Second, you're quite correct, there is only one path. But how can you know that YOUR interpretation of the path is correct? You cant. How can I know if my interpretation of the path is correct? I cant. How can anyone know that their path is correct? They cant. But they CAN have faith and hope that their path is right. At the same time, however, you cannot discredit the possible validity of another person's path with Jesus, which is why you should respect another person's beliefs even though they may not coincide with your own.

Besides, how much do you think Jesus appreciates us slandering each others denominations when they all worship HIM? He's probably up in heaven, looking at this thread, doing this:

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /
. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

You gotta look at the big picture: We all agree that Jesus is Da Bomb, so lets leave it at that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:13 pm
Gregar828
Azkeel, first off, check your grammar before posting. That last post made my eyes hurt.

Second, you're quite correct, there is only one path. But how can you know that YOUR interpretation of the path is correct? You cant. How can I know if my interpretation of the path is correct? I cant. How can anyone know that their path is correct? They cant. But they CAN have faith and hope that their path is right. At the same time, however, you cannot discredit the possible validity of another person's path with Jesus, which is why you should respect another person's beliefs even though they may not coincide with your own.

Besides, how much do you think Jesus appreciates us slandering each others denominations when they all worship HIM? He's probably up in heaven, looking at this thread, doing this:

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__

You gotta look at the big picture: We all agree that Jesus is Da Bomb, so lets leave it at that.
You're actually going to attack my grammar? It's not a grammar problem it's an interpretation problem. I can read and understand what I write just fine. The bible interprets itself, that's all there is too it. So what are you defending? Should we allow others to frolick away from the faith with a worldly mind? They interpret it with their mind but we are called to be like minded. What would like minded mean? Could it possibly mean have the same idea? And if we are of the Church we have the mind of the Messiah. Pretty black and white here buddy.  

Azkeel

Gregar828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:27 pm
Yes, I am going to "attack your grammar", as you put it, though that was only a small part of the post, and in no way related to the overall message I was trying to get across.

You're making very little sense, as far as I can tell. When you say "mind of the messiah", are you saying that if we are part of Christianity (or whatever particular denomination you are defending) we automatically have the correct mindset on how to live and that we know the truth. If that is what you are saying, then I have very few words to describe just how wrong that is. No mortal person has the mind of the messiah, or knows EXACTLY what Jesus wants us to do, or anything else like that. Sure, we have a good idea of what he wants us to do, but no one knows for certain the truth of all of the messiah's actions other than the messiah himself. Why do good things happen to bad people? As humans, its impossible for us to comprehend that statement, but if we had the "mind of the messiah" then it would make perfect sense. So tell me: are you able to 100% comprehend that statement?

As far as your comment on having the same idea goes, you're completely denying a person of the right to think. Like minded does NOT mean to have all the same ideas. Like minded can mean to have SIMILAR ideas, but not the exact same. If we all had the same ideas.......well...........we really wouldn't be able to call ourselves "thinking" creatures, now would we?

If I misinterpreted anything that you said, please tell me. I dont like it when miscommunication hinders a debate, especially if that miscommunication is my fault.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:36 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
Green_Fuu
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
I really need you all to get the point. You guys are missing this completely. I am not saying stay quiet when someone is wrong. It is right to correct them and it is right to guide them on the right path. HOWEVER you are NOT to persecute them. Persecution will push them further away from God. And if you're saying "Yeah! You go!" on that, that's not good. Do you want people to go to Hell because you were rude?

PERSECUTION DOES NOT EQUAL REBUKING.

Rebuking is correcting someone.
Persecuting is treating someone unfairly for what they believe.

Yes, it is right to rebuke people, but it is WRONG AND RUDE TO PERSECUTE PEOPLE.

Lol, I knew it would come to this.
Hence why I suggested posting a definition of "Persecute"

XD

My view on rebuke
Ex: "Stop what you're doing you heretic! repent from your sin (assuming the heretic already knows) and accept Jesus!"
obviously I'm going to an extreme, since I don't think many people have the authority to do that much now-a-days sadly, to show the line between rebuke and persecute.

My view on persecute:
Ex:"You are gay and no one here likes gays! God said we should punish you for that! (Obviously he didn't) You are banned from this church! Fowevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
then continuous attacks and harassment ensues, somebody gets the person's home address and starts throwing eggs at his/her window, yells "SINNER!!!" any time the person is seen on the streets.

There is nothing wrong with telling it like it is, where it goes wrong is when you do it like the latter example.

Hahah yeah. I figured that since you already put the definition of persecution on there everything was fine...I guess people just quickly posted comments...I should add the persecution vs rebuke part at the end of this forum.

And Though they were good examples, weren't the a bit extreme?

I explained in my post that it was to demonstrate the line between persecution and rebuke.
Although the first one would have to be in authority from the LORD, not just go around saying it ebcause you "feel" like it, now that would be considered part of the second example.
You can find examples of the first one in the Bible, most of them by Jesus.
The second extreme would be more like what Saul did, and the Roman Catholic Church when Christians (or "heretics" as they called them) were burned at the stake in public executions. Now that! was extreme. the example I gave doesn't even come close to it.
Ofcourse the variations of degree between one and the other can vary.
I'm just showing the end of one extreme and the beginning of the other.

To get rid of the gray areas. Yah know.

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Azkeel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:39 pm
1 corinthians 2:16

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

Luke 11:17

But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house [divided] against a house falleth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:42 pm
Gregar828

lol, I'm gonna print this and put it on my folder. biggrin

(In other words this made me laugh)

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:46 pm
Wooo! ^(^.^)^ Got a blue gitfbox in this thread!
Wonder what it contains............

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:53 pm
Azkeel

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.

But he, knowing their thoughts, said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and a house [divided] against a house falleth.

Yes, that Corinthians quote sounds nice, but you did nothing to explain what it means. You did nothing to support or deny my argument, instead turning to preexisting words to fight for you. Please, a debate only works if both sides are thinking. If one side starts pulling quotes as their defense, it destroys the purpose of a debate.

As for the second quote, yes, that is true. So what will you do about it, tell everyone else that (Insert preferred denomination here) is correct? What about when someone else says (insert other denomination here) is correct? Sorry to break it to you, but you will never, ever, EVER see a world where everyone believes the same thing. Because as long as there are at least two people in the world, there will always be conflicting ideas that neither side will ever give ground on. Maybe part of the house has fallen. Maybe we're part of the fallen house. All we can do is hope for the former, and respect those who do not share our beliefs to a point.  

Gregar828

Gregar828

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:54 pm
Green_Fuu
Gregar828

lol, I'm gonna print this and put it on my folder. biggrin

(In other words this made me laugh)

I'm glad you found it funny.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:00 am
Gregar828
Azkeel

Yes, that Corinthians quote sounds nice, but you did nothing to explain what it means. You did nothing to support or deny my argument, instead turning to preexisting words to fight for you. Please, a debate only works if both sides are thinking. If one side starts pulling quotes as their defense, it destroys the purpose of a debate.

As for the second quote, yes, that is true. So what will you do about it, tell everyone else that (Insert preferred denomination here) is correct? What about when someone else says (insert other denomination here) is correct? Sorry to break it to you, but you will never, ever, EVER see a world where everyone believes the same thing. Because as long as there are at least two people in the world, there will always be conflicting ideas that neither side will ever give ground on. Maybe part of the house has fallen. Maybe we're part of the fallen house. All we can do is hope for the former, and respect those who do not share our beliefs to a point.
What's the debate? I say the Church is correct because the actual Church is the Body of Christ. I'm not defending a congregation. Think spiritually not worldly. There is only one Church and it's defined very well in scripture.  

Azkeel

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:34 am
And with my statements being said. I will say to persecute others of denomination is wrong. We should not segragate or condem them but rather guide as we should with everyone.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:49 pm
Quote:

I actually find the Corinthians verse quite self explanitory. We can not tell what is truly good. We've been taught things like "If someone hits you, hit them back," while God teaches "bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you ( Luke 6:28 )." It is through God that we are revealed what is right and what is wrong. He has given us His Word and His Holy Spirit so that we will be able to discern right from wrong.

Secondly, as Christians, the Bible should be our main source for debates (to other Christians). How can we say what we know is right if we haven't consulted God's Word? I tried debating with a spiritual women on something and I didn't have any Bible verses. She said "Yeah I know you may have been taught this or think to know this, but where's your proof? You can't believe everything you're taught. I'm not saying your wrong but show me the facts!" How can we even dare to argue anything without consultation of God's Word? If in a Christian to Christian debate, our argument doesn't have a foundation on God's Word, then we don't really have one. God didn't put His Word here just for us to call it holy. We need to know these Scriptures. Yes, interpretation is needed from time to time, but some are quite self explanatory.

Quote:
What's the debate? I say the Church is correct because the actual Church is the Body of Christ. I'm not defending a congregation. Think spiritually not worldly. There is only one Church and it's defined very well in scripture.

I do indeed agree with Azkeel. There is ONE Body, which is the Body of Christ.

I Corinthians 12: 12 -13, 25, 27

13The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts;and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by one Spirit into one body - whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free - and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

24...25, so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each of you is part of it.

This is one reason why I say I'm Christian non-denominational. It seems that God wants us to be one, not separate. Either way, Christians are a part of one Body. Yes there will be opposing views but there is one consultation which is God's Word. And of course there's the God Himself .

(The rest of this is just kinda breaking off against one of Gregar's statements....don't remember what is was so...xD)

Matthew 16: 15-17

15 "But what about you?" He asked, "Who do you say I am?"

16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in Heaven."

I Corinthians 1: 25

For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God stronger than man's strength.

There is no way that man can discern what is good or bad properly. Nor can they understand God's truths all on their own. Especially not when they are the one having sinful desires.

Galations 5:16-17

16 So I say, live by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the sinful nature. 17 For the sinful nature desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the sinful nature. They are in conflict so that you do not do what you want.

Rather, it is God who allows us to do good and reveals to us His wisdom.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

Nalyd Rin Dei la Rune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 pm
Gregar828
Azkeel

Is this how I come across!? This isn't how I intend to come across! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:54 pm
User Image

I personally don't really know the difference in all of the many denominations, and really I didn't think that it did matter as long as you are serving God.

If you are saved then your are saved aren't you? I think that people will believe what they are taught and well no matter of persuasions will change it, some people are just set in their ways.

Anyway doesn't the Bible say that if you believe and you serve him or something like that he will spare you from the fire?

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Azkeel

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:35 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I personally don't really know the difference in all of the many denominations, and really I didn't think that it did matter as long as you are serving God.

If you are saved then your are saved aren't you? I think that people will believe what they are taught and well no matter of persuasions will change it, some people are just set in their ways.

Anyway doesn't the Bible say that if you believe and you serve him or something like that he will spare you from the fire?

User Image
Well we have to define what belive is. Remember Satan belives in the Father and Messiah as well.  
Bible and other christian discussions

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff