Welcome to Gaia! ::

CAN WE find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia!!!!

Back to Guilds

we CAN find 1,000,000 Christians on gaia just join! 

Tags: christian, Jesus, Christ, faith, love 

Reply Advice ~ because we care
She keeps bugging me... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:53 pm
User Image

Now that was more of my arrogant side speaking.
I didn't mean it.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:55 pm
On_Fire_4_CHRIST
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

Then if it sends me to Hell so be it.

User Image

Anotehr thing in reply to this comment. This may be what the others were talking about. If (circumstance wise) you are so attatched to having piercings that you'd say you'd just go to Hell and be nonchalant about it (*IF* piercings was a sin), that isn't really good...and could possibly interfere with your relationship with God. Again, this is not aimed directly at having piercings.

I don't know how much I can stress this but again, it's not aimed at having piercings. *This time* it's the question "Is this an attatchment that would interfere with my relationship with God?" Besides the comment about in which you said that if you were going to Hell because of piercing so be it (if you even meant it), it doesn't seem like piercings are an attatchment interfering with you and God. And if it's not, then again, you're just fine as you are.  

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

On_Fire_4_CHRIST

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:00 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

Now that was more of my arrogant side speaking.
I didn't mean it.

User Image

Alrighty then. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 pm
User Image

I wouldn't think so. If God sent me a message or directly told me to take them out i wouldn't hesitate to do it.

I mean I was attached to something once, it was a cell phone.
i was literally addicted to the sucker, he told me to lay off of it and so I destroyed it.
I boiled it (the phone) and I think I snapped the sim card and memory card in half then threw it away.

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Br1ttana
Crew

Blessed Nerd

11,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Prayer Circle 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:25 pm
You can tickle me pink, orange, red, or blue, but not grey

I don't think it's right for your grandmother to keep bugging you about it. If you told her that your pastor says it's fine, and no where in the New Testament does it say that it is a sin and she's still bugging you about it, then that's not right. She's not respecting your thought. Remind her about how the old covenant ,which most of the stuff in Leviticus is part of, isn't binding to us any more since Jesus died and we now live by the new covenant. Also, I think to make the point a little more convincing, you should point out the pork thing. Say something along the lines of "if we are to live completely by Leviticus, then what about the pork you are eating? It says in Leviticus that eating any thing from a pig is a sin." Also talk to her about how she is making you feel or talk to a pastor, that she will listen to, into going over and talking to your grandmother about it.

Now personally I don't think it would be a sin, because Jesus never said it was nor does anyone else really say anything about it in the New Testament. But I do see a bit of an unhealthy obsession with the piercings, just how defensive you are about them and I just wonder if you ever have asked the Lord personally about the piercings. Just ask him what he thinks, does he think just don't worry about them or you should part ways with them? I also see that you would have a problem taking one of them out because of it being stuck and this worries me. I don't think that is a good thing and even though it would hurt, it might be better for your future because I'm pretty sure a ring should not be 'stuck' in your nose. It should be able to be removed and reinserted easily right?

Also you said that it is your body, but technically no. The Lord made and created you, we should be giving the Lord all that we are and all that we have, and all of ourselves. And for the causing her to stumble point that people are putting out there, I kind of understand it in Faithful's example but for your situation it does not sound like this is causing her to stumble and I don't know why it would honestly. It just sounds like she simply does not like your piercings and if she was born in the 20's - 40's, they're pretty much all super touchy/super traditional about that stuff. My grandfather completely cut off one of my cousins when she ended up getting pregnant out of marriage. He doesn't care how it happened, whether it was accidental or not, doesn't ever make mention of her, and basically acts as if she doesn't exist. Only a year or two ago did he allow his daughter to bring over the great grandaughter who was now 7 (I think) at the time to come over for Christmas. I'm not sure if he has see the new baby boy yet, if he cares, or if he doesn't want to see him until he's 7 too. But they're pretty much all like that, don't ask why because I just don't know.

Because grey will not do.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:37 pm
User Image

My nose ring, it's well.
It got infected and well it swelled, I got rid of the infection and some skin grew attached to my nose ring during the healing.
It hurts so bad if you tug on it or pull it.
Due to the skin thats attached and the scar tissue that they will have to cut through...
It would leave a nasty scar, plus it would hurt like no other.
I really just want to avoid it.
I don't want to go through that pain if i don't have too yet.

My Grandma just she is old fashioned, she never liked peircings.
I asked her if it was causing her to fall in her faith and she said no.
I think she is just looking for something to gripe about.

With me being addicted to piercings... XD
It was more of me being arrogant and not understanding what others meant about causing others to fall in faith.
But i will pray about it and if God tells me to take them out then I'll suck it up and get them out.
Including the nose ring. e.e"

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:05 pm
User Image

I HAVE....
Came to two conclusions.

#1. Having piercings is ok because in the new covenant it is not mentioned anywhere that having them is bad.
#2. Having piercings and it is causing someone close to you to fall or question their faith you should either take them out or try to talk to that person. If they continue to fall or question their faith then take them out when you are around that person.

I now have this guilt feeling hanging around me and so now I will go clean my room and I will pray about it along with should I have these piercings or not.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:47 pm
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I HAVE....
Came to two conclusions.

#1. Having piercings is ok because in the new covenant it is not mentioned anywhere that having them is bad.
#2. Having piercings and it is causing someone close to you to fall or question their faith you should either take them out or try to talk to that person. If they continue to fall or question their faith then take them out when you are around that person.

I now have this guilt feeling hanging around me and so now I will go clean my room and I will pray about it along with should I have these piercings or not.

User Image
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

It's not just those close to you that you can cause to stumble. You can cause the younger generations to stumble in your church. Those around you who are but baby Christians, or people who aren't quite saved, but are learning to believe. They all can stumble and fall away because of how a person dresses or the piercings and tattoos they have. It's not to say that it's inherently wrong to have piercings or tattoos, but really, what are the main reasons people get piercings? Because they like how it looks, it makes them feel better about themselves, they symbolize something important to them but I say to you, why can you not find that better feeling, self esteem boost, or significance through God? He should where we go to remember things, he should be where we go to feel good, he should be where we go for all things. God did not say it is a sin to have these such things, but you must question your motives to God's word and convictions upon our heart that we learn through prayer and coming closer to him.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100

Gregar828

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:54 pm
I think that whether you wear piercings or not should be your own choice. Personally, I don't care for them (I wouldn't be able to stand the pain) but if you like them, by all means keep them. You still have to be sensible about who you wear them around though. For instance, wearing them all as you walk into a job interview would probably be a bad idea, and apparently wearing them around your grandmother would be as well. As far as faith is concerned, unless you have something like a pentagram as an earring, I don't think god would have too much of a problem with piercings.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:19 am
User Image

I make an effort to hide them.

At church most people don't even know that i have any piercings.
I wear my hair down, which hides my ears.

I'm always wearing a shirt, so no one can see my naval.

I wear a skin colored band aid over my nose ring, I cut the band aid and I put it over the stud, then I put some make up over it.
It looks like a wart TBH.

Cant really question what you cant see. Plus is it is causing them to question faith think about all of the stuff that you do everyday. I'm sure that having piercings isn't the only thing. (not trying to be a smart ellic)

User Image

Testicular Diabeetus

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

faithful quenga

6,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:43 am
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

I wear a skin colored band aid over my nose ring, I cut the band aid and I put it over the stud, then I put some make up over it.

Cant really question what you cant see. Plus is it is causing them to question faith think about all of the stuff that you do everyday. I'm sure that having piercings isn't the only thing. (not trying to be a smart ellic)

User Image
I am a sinner... "1 John 1:8"

Of course piercings aren't the only thing that can make a person stumble, our opinions can in a weak willed person. Many things can cause people to stumble, it's quite saddening.

...Saved by God's grace "Acts 15:11"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:05 am
Alice_ofthe_Killjoys
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

If God doesn't have a problem with piercings then other humans shouldn't either.
If you have a problem then mind your own business, we will all be judged in the end.
Her opinion and other opinions does not matter because they are not God.

User Image

I agree with you. People shouldnt hassle you about it. It's unchristian like and If these so called christians have a problem with your piercing then they arent worrying about their own business. smile

She made this thread just for that.
To share the issue with other people and have their feedback in return.
It wouldn't be a thread otherwise.
XD

I didn't see anybody tell her that she was in sin and that she should cut her nose off!! for causing her to sin, lol. XP
In fact everybody was for the most part respectful and gave her scripture to guide her in the right direction.

Remember, just because you don't get the answers you wanted, doesn't mean they are automatically wrong.
^____^

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100

Green_Fuu

Fashionable Lunatic

10,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:21 am
What I know about this subject is that, in the old times, slaves under captivity were marked as slaves by piercing them in the ear or through the nose
While someone who was free wouldn't have his ear/nose pierced.

When you come to Jesus you are made free, and you are no longer a slave.

But that is just one side of the issue.
In other aspects piercing would be used to symbolize something, depending on where you came from.
Like when Rebecca was given a nose ring as a bethrothal gift.
well, it still takes us back to ownership sweatdrop
but you get the point.
Everything else has mostly been covered by everyone else.

But really nobody can make you do anything.
The decision you make should come from you .
Better to be right with God than full of worldly influences and struggle as a mature responsible witness, have a clear conscience in all you do.
I can't really tell you whether it's right or wrong, only the holy spirit can make you feel whether what you are doing is making you struggle spiritually.

BTW your nose piercing merging with your nose? :O
That doesn't sound safe. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:19 am
Testicular Diabeetus
User Image

User Image
Well I for one have a tattoo of a cross on my back. It is a cover up of a barcode from when I was atheist. How suiting right? lol A barocde being atheist to a cross when I was purchased. erhmm

I'm glad you're willing to take them out if you got a direct message. That's good faith. My left ear was peirced but I took it out for no real reason that I remember. As for your pastor saying it's alright NEVER come to a conclusion because someone else said it. Me, a pastor, preacher, your mom, anyone. Go to scripture and look it up yourself and cross reference other scriptures. Always back yourself with scripture it's our greatest weapon. It's the book of Life after all! wink  

Azkeel

kdke

Anxious Noob

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:55 pm
There was a topic along these lines over in YiC, but it was someone
asking about tattoos. She asked if tattoos were evil, and I wrote that it's
not the tattoo that's evil; it's just ink, right? It's the intention of the heart.

I just wanted to give you another way of thinking about your piercings,
sister. Remember, we no longer live for the flesh but for the spirit.
Circumcision is not of the flesh but of the heart now. So with that being
said, what is in your heart that makes you want to have piercings? You
don't have to answer that in this thread, but consider it, pray about it to
God. He will help you open your heart so you can see what's inside,
because sometimes our flesh does master us and we don't even know it.

I have piercings myself. I have my ears pierced and a nose piercing. I
have yet to make anyone stumble because of them, and the intention of
my heart is yes, I have them for myself to enjoy. But honestly, at this
point, I barely think about them anymore. lol Well, I have been paying
attention a little to my ears because I'm getting them ready to be
stretched to about... a 4 gauge, which is barely noticeable but enough for
me to enjoy some pretty ear plugs. ♥ Again, just for me.

I think the line between enjoying a simple modification of the body
(piercing or tattoo) can be thin. Many people do get them for themselves,
but it can range from a simple pleasure of having a few piercings that is
easily satisfied or a vain obsession that never ends. It's about
self-control, making sure your focus is on God's glory first. I'm sure it
doesn't please Him when we covet things of the flesh before desiring Him,
you know?

Love ya, sister. Don't let your pride overcome you. ^ ^  
Advice ~ because we care

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff