Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Ohio Guild!!

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who live in Ohio, or visit! 

Tags: Ohio, Convention, Columbus, Cleveland, Midwest 

Reply Welcome To The Ohio Guild!
Bush vs. Kerry Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which one for president?
Bush
35%
 35%  [ 14 ]
Kerry
64%
 64%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 39

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:33 pm
Well, I am still in the air about it. I mean, I don't like either candidate. Bush = horrible economy, especially here. But I think he is the only one who can actually finish the war on terror. However, I don't like Kerry's continual change of opinions on topics.

The accusations so far do seem to be pretty correct, and I am not voiting for Nader, as that is a wasted vote, unless your voting AGAINST Kerry.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:44 pm
im voting kerry...bush is a power-hungry moron who got the us involved in a war for no reason. there are no weapons of mass destruction. there was never any evidence that iraq had any weapons of mass destruction. bush is alienating us from the rest of the world...we went into the war w/o consent from the un and now bush is asking them to clean up after his mess...he just wants to finish the job his idiot of a father started and so he can look tough or wutever. so bottom line.....bush is an a**  

Vince_Vega

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 9:01 pm
JacksSmirkingRevenge
im voting kerry...bush is a power-hungry moron who got the us involved in a war for no reason. there are no weapons of mass destruction. there was never any evidence that iraq had any weapons of mass destruction. bush is alienating us from the rest of the world...we went into the war w/o consent from the un and now bush is asking them to clean up after his mess...he just wants to finish the job his idiot of a father started and so he can look tough or wutever. so bottom line.....bush is an a**

So... being attacked by a terrorist is not a reason? There was evidence of WMDs in Iraq. The French government, the British government, even the Spanish and Russian governments have publicly stated that their intelligence had pointed to WMDs in Iraq also. When 60-70% of the world is wrong, I think that is a justified mistake. And furthermore, trying to find ANYTHING in that desert is going to take a while. Who knows what Hussein did while in power?

And the UN decided to not go in order to protect itself. Other nations have other agendas than to fight another nation's battles. France has its own share of troubles, and only a limited amount of countries actually CARED.

EDIT:: Sorry if I came off a little bit combative, I am just tired of people bashing Bush. I doubt Gore could have handled this situation any better.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:29 am
Hm..I can see both points on each side. However, I still am (would) vote for Kerry.

Yes, the economy was bad before, but like someone else said, Bush didn't do anything to help the matter. The only reason Bush got into the president's seat was because of his Father. He's as dumb as a rock.We had little lead that Weapon's of Mass Destruction were im Iraq. Yes, getting rid of Sudam(sp) and Alsama(sp) was good for Iraq, but it could have been done in another manner, and another time. Like another pesron on here said, economy here first, then Iraq.

What we need to do,as far as jobs, is stop sending jobs over to Asia and stuff. I mean, the producers get to pay the people in Asia less, but we are looseing jobs constantly.  

Yoco

Yoco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:37 am
As far as the war? I totally don't agree with it. We have no reason to be over there, looseing our people's lives. If something is bad here, we have to at least TRY and fix it. We can't just go running off to Iraq and try to 'help' them. Yeah, we had an attack, but it was terrists(sp), you're going to have that kind of thing. Especially when the U.S. is so different from the religion of the people who did the attack.Yes, they were Iraqie people, but that dosen't mean we go attack them and look for Mass Weapon's of Destruction!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 6:06 am
Yoco
Hm..I can see both points on each side. However, I still am (would) vote for Kerry.

Yes, the economy was bad before, but like someone else said, Bush didn't do anything to help the matter. The only reason Bush got into the president's seat was because of his Father. He's as dumb as a rock.We had little lead that Weapon's of Mass Destruction were im Iraq. Yes, getting rid of Sudam(sp) and Alsama(sp) was good for Iraq, but it could have been done in another manner, and another time. Like another pesron on here said, economy here first, then Iraq.

What we need to do,as far as jobs, is stop sending jobs over to Asia and stuff. I mean, the producers get to pay the people in Asia less, but we are looseing jobs constantly.
War time has always been known to help the economy this is why the economy is steadly going up, much like it did during WWII and the Cold War (oh and BTW this isn't a war persay, we never declared war on Iraq nor Afganistan, we are just murdering terrorists before they can murder anymore people, and well I support the muder of one to save the possible 2 or more that one would have killed). And if Kerry gets voted into office more jobs will go over seas because he supports a global economy.  

WaresTheBeef

Yoco

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:20 am
*shrugs* I'm just a 13 year old girl, staeing my opinion. Thanks.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 8:25 am
Yoco

Did you even read my post? There wasn't just "little lead" 70% OF THE ENTIRE WORLD BELIEVED THAT IRAQ HAD WMDs. Hussein was a threat, Osame is a threat, and what kind of leader would ignore active threats to his nation? Bill Clinton did the same thing that Bush is doing, with one exception: Clinton did it in a much more secretive manner. That's because Clinton had the ability to. With 9/11 and the War on Terror, Bush never had a chance to try anything espionage.  

[Cesar]

WaresTheBeef

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:09 am
Yoco
*shrugs* I'm just a 13 year old girl, staeing my opinion. Thanks.
eek thats the point politics are not supposed to be based on opinion. Get the fact figure out if your morals follow those facts and then make up your mind.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:32 pm
AegisEvo
Yoco

War time has always been known to help the economy this is why the economy is steadly going up, much like it did during WWII and the Cold War (oh and BTW this isn't a war persay, we never declared war on Iraq nor Afganistan, we are just murdering terrorists before they can murder anymore people, and well I support the muder of one to save the possible 2 or more that one would have killed). And if Kerry gets voted into office more jobs will go over seas because he supports a global economy.

But our soldiers aren't just "murdering terrorists." They have often been given orders to fire into houses, with innocent children inside. Go see Fahrenheit 9/11 and you will see that innocent people are dieing on both sides.
As for your ocmment, "the economy is steadly going up," I'm afraid I have to pop that bubble. We are almost at the same unemployment rate as we had in the Great Depression [they are "covering this up" so to speak, so that people don't panic and hoard their money]. What happens is people who are on unemployment recieve only a years worth of support, and then they are dropped. When they no longer recieve the support, they are then listed (instead of unemployed) as a "discouraged member of the workforce." This keeps it so the unemployment rate still looks low, when really it's very high.  

Rinimarie

4,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Tycoon 200

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2004 12:43 pm
Rinimarie
AegisEvo
Yoco

But our soldiers aren't just "murdering terrorists." They have often been given orders to fire into houses, with innocent children inside. Go see Fahrenheit 9/11 and you will see that innocent people are dieing on both sides.
As for your ocmment, "the economy is steadly going up," I'm afraid I have to pop that bubble. We are almost at the same unemployment rate as we had in the Great Depression [they are "covering this up" so to speak, so that people don't panic and hoard their money]. What happens is people who are on unemployment recieve only a years worth of support, and then they are dropped. When they no longer recieve the support, they are then listed (instead of unemployed) as a "discouraged member of the workforce." This keeps it so the unemployment rate still looks low, when really it's very high.

I read your post until I saw you refer to Michael Moore's movie. Have you even looked further into movie? Have you read about anything from that movie? If you have, then you will see that Mr. Moore makes no facts in that movie. When he says things along the lines of "The White House allowed the Bin-Laden family to leave this country and that country" he really means: The Head of the CIA cleared them to leave the country because they posed no threat, and have even disowned Osama. When d**k Clarke, the former head of the CIA (who is NOT a member of the white house, he isnt even an actual advisor to the president) says someone is clear, they are clear.

Michael Moore is NOT a political analyst. Michael Moore is NOT a politian. Michael Moore has no more business making a movie than you or me. Michael Moore IS a zealot. Michael Moore IS a fake. Michael Moore's approach to that movie is : "I will make as many generalizations and falsities as I can, and teenagers will believe me, because I am in a movie."

If you actually follow politics, then you will know that you can't trust Moore as far as you can throw him, and he is a BIG boy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 5:47 am
O.o; Sound to me like you just don't like Michael Moore....  

Yoco

[Cesar]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 8:21 am
Yoco

You could say that: Or you could say that I don't like people thinking what he says is absolute truth. I can't stand how people just walk into the movie without knowing a damned thing about the topic and walk out like they know every little detail that has ever happened in the war.

Michael Moore works for Hollywood, he has to sell his product, and 6/10 times, the truth doesn't sell.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 9:04 am
[Cesar]
Yoco

You could say that: Or you could say that I don't like people thinking what he says is absolute truth. I can't stand how people just walk into the movie without knowing a damned thing about the topic and walk out like they know every little detail that has ever happened in the war.

Michael Moore works for Hollywood, he has to sell his product, and 6/10 times, the truth doesn't sell.
*applaud*  

WaresTheBeef

Raingirl

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:01 am
[Cesar]
Yoco

Amen. I haven't even seen the stupid movie and don't want to, mostly for the same reasons you stated.

In any case, I really don't want either in office. I try to avoid politics at all costs while I can because they drive me up the wall, but from what I've observed, Bush seems a fairly decent guy who makes a crappy President. Kerry comes across to me as an incosistant idiot. Opinionated? Perhaps, particularly because I don't follow events very well, but I can't vote either way so I guess it doesn't matter.  
Welcome To The Ohio Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff