Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Knockturn Alley
Streets of Knockturn Alley Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:44 am
User Image
___________________,,-'{ Thomas Doyle Findeler }'-,,___________________

"I'm not worried about your brother... and it's not like I'm lookin' for 'im." Thomas affirmed defensively, before releasing a deep sigh. He knew his father better than anyone; the man was most perceptive when the chips were down, but he was still a broken man lost to his greatest fear; the loss of his son.
"...Look, as soon as he sees that I'm down here in this dump, he'll lose it, grab me by the collar, and drag me home. -- If you really want to help me; keep your brother busy and out of the way."

With that Thomas turned on his heels, oblivious as to whether of not he was even headed towards the Spiny Serpent or not, though he walked with purpose that said he knew his way around well enough; it was apparent that he was adament on the task at hand, no matter what Yia said; if he truly wanted to protect Thomas from an accidental encounter with his brother

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 7:38 am
User Image
User Image
User Image
The now black haired boy smiled and laughed once more at what Thomas had sad. The boy was bold, that much could be said. He moved after Thomas, keeping close. There was honestly nothing he could do, Roi didn't care about anyone, nor did he listen to anyone. So he decided to change the subject, "So you don't know many spells huh? Then why would you use a wand, which you can't actually use, mind you. On someone who might be attacking you?" He questioned the brown haired boy. He was such a jerk at times, but in truth, he was a good kid. Did his chores, worked hard, and was very passionate about the things he did.
User Image

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:12 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
6TH YEAR, GRYFFINDOR ~ PREFECT
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Tamara appeared in the darkened alley with a snapping sound and quickly dipped into an even darker alley. She despised this place; it reeked of a dark aura. What the hell are kids doing here? she thought when she spotted the two kids. Let me just do what I came here to do. She shifted into her animal form and sniffed the air. Immediately, she recognized the scents of rowan, spice and owl feathers. He was here... just recently. She slowly made her way towards the exit to Knockturn Alley, keeping in the shadows. The scent moves towards Diagon Alley, then vanishes. Must have apparated.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:28 pm
That's why I slipped out the back before you knew I was there
And I know the way I left wasn't fair

I didn't want to be around just to bring you down

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Like a breath of wind, Remington slid past the crack of the austere door to his shop without ever stirring a sound to have his presence made known. But the thick scent of freshly imbibed whiskey sat wretched on his tongue, he forced himself to breathe. Thick lacerations laced his neck, red stained over white flesh, as if he had been strangled only minutes ago, and he had, but never directly. The magic that had clung to the demon of his past had more tricks up her sleeve then he would have ever liked to admit.

Gazing out, he hadn’t taken notice of children wandering the alley, he mistook the pair for a band of midgets, goblins even? But never a student. Eyes of imperious gold washed over the street, a wave of scrutiny collided against the sight of a hound, but that’s all it was to him, the outline of a dog. When he approached the canine, he had assumed it to have been one of his long-term rivals- as if he didn’t already have on lurking within his shop. ”You really think trotting the streets as a mutt is going to throw off anyone?” Remington laugh, though entangled within his own discord, but still, that haunted melody flew around her, enchanting.

”There’s no point in hiding any longer,” Remington called out to whom he thought was his acquaintance.

╔══════════════╗
Desires: To breathe
╚══════════════╝

I'm not a hero but don't think I didn't care

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:37 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara heard the man's voice in her acute ears and turned her head. This man.. she'd seen him before. He must be mistaking her for someone else. She stepped into a darkened alley and emerged in her human form. The blond brushed a lock of hair back behind her ear. "I'm sorry, you must think I'm someone else," she said, looking at the man. "And you are?"  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:39 pm
User Image
___________________,,-'{ Thomas Doyle Findeler }'-,,___________________

Without any reason to hide it anymore, Thomas replaced his wand inside his cloak.
"I don't know; I just reacted... What's your point?" He replied, glancing back at Yia before pressing on.

"And why are you so worried about me? You don't even know me." He turned around only to say, still walking away.

inMadness

7,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:45 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

Shock. It had struck him like lightening easily enough, even as he passed under the shroud of dancing shadows, creating a paranoia under skin like no other could. A curiosity had overtaken him now as he crossed the short distance, cornering the young blonde from just the other day. He never forgets a face, especially not one so quite as lovely. An inquisitive stare etched onto features of marble, Remington, past the biting chill of mystery and danger, was rather quite handsome. He seemed to have noted the comradely essence that swirled her, along with the taint of darkness from obscure memories. ”Why, I’m the man that you had eyed while we were in the Leaky Cauldron…

“Do you remember me now?”
He slid, closer, if only by an inch as that smug smirk fluttered to his lips. ”Are you lost, sweetling?” The kiss of death cooed, snaking along flesh to leave chills in its wake.

╔══════════════╗
Desires: A little fun
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 10:52 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara backed up and felt the cool wall behind her press against her back. She reached down to finger her wand. "I was curious is all. Yes, I remember you. And no, I'm not lost. I was tracking someone. Not that it's any of your business." The hair on the back of her neck began standing up, her danger sense tingling.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:02 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

A callous drawl of laughter permeated the biting chill of the alley, thick with tension personified by the dirt and grime in all of its luster to allure the most nefarious of deviants; Remington a prized member. He hadn’t known what to expect, but he had to admit, he was bit intrigued by stark bravery, foolish though it may be, those were the only times a person could be brave. ”Curious?” He repeated with a smirk. ”If you say so,

“As it is, or rather, as it were, if it was so crucial for me to not know…”
Remington’s words lingered in the air as frozen droplets of snow, so endearing, so enraptured, but still so mysterious and a flame burst to life within him as he dared to take one more step closer, just close enough to narrow her escape down to a shred of open space with which she’d have to shove past him to do. ”..then why did you want to tell me?” He hovered close, so close, the sinister ambiance rolled off of him and hit her with full force. ”Why don’t you run along now.” But he made no notion to move.

╔══════════════╗
Desires: A little fun
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:10 pm
User Image

xxxxxxxxxx x x

Her face contorted into a snarl as he got close to her, the scent of heavy whiskey on his breath. Even his presence close to her was revolting. She could feel the dark energy and coldness rolling off him. "I haven't told you anything." When he made no movements, she wrinkled her nose at him. Boxed in, she had one option, and that was to shove past him. Realizing that might give him an opportunity to accost her, she quickly realized she had a second opportunity. "You're despicable," she said, mere moments before she apparated away. There was a loud snap and a puff of smoke as she disappeared, heading for Diagon Alley.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Firefly_Wanderer

Sparkly Marshmallow

13,350 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Married 100
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:57 pm
User Image
User Image

Quietly a tall young man walked down the rather quiet streets of Knockturn Alley. He always liked this place. The feel of the dark corners always made him feel that at any given moment the shadows could streach out and sallow you whole with nothing more then a muffled whisper of protest. During his time with Marcos, Xerxes had come here before they moved to Hogsmead in pursuit of his twin. The black haired teen had fallen in love back then and now that he was home, and his parents more relaxed, Xerxes found himself free to explore it. Xenos was going to be gone for school again soon and frankly he needed a moment to cool his temper. He loved his twin, he truly did but part of Xerxes was still angry for being cheated out of school. He should be there with him not here at home.

A soft caw came from his shoulder and he smiled. Reaching up he stroked Sonex's head softly and the raven quieted. Xerxes had found the bird when he was twelve and his familiar hadn't left him sense. "You just always have to put in your two cents don't you dear one?" Xerxes said softly as he stroked the shiny black feathers. He loved that bird so much. The raven and Xenos's golden eagle, Rhys, were his only ways of getting a hold of his twin during the time he was at school. Sure he could use an owl but these birds wouldn't hand the letter off to anyone but the twins.

Humming softly he turned down another dusty street. Where to begin? Should he just continue roaming the streets for now? Or maybe should he find a shop to rummage around in? His father would have his hide if he considered getting a job down here so Xerxes would have to wait till he moved out. Oh well. Would he want a job down here anyway? Meh who knew could be fun. Blue-grey eyes went a little wide when he heard the sudden pop of someone apparating out of the quiet streets. The sound startled him but he only showed it through his eyes. Marcos had never handled him freaking out well as a child so he learned quickly to hide it. Silently he wondered who left in such a hurry. Must be late for an important date.

The past no longer matters
I will not let the years I've lost affect me.
All I care about is my life now.

User Image User Image User Image

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:49 pm

Remington Jagger Nott

User Image

The c**k of a brow had been provoked, and plummeted to the heights of his forehead until it became hidden under a canopy of shadows cleverly caressed over eyes of sweet gold and bitter green. Though he had to admit, that snarl isn’t very becoming of her, Remington mused in his short game of cat and mouse. Most good little girls would have run off at the first chance, but she hadn’t, no, she had stayed as though she had some justice to prove. It was… charming. And then the next spat word past those pretty little lips had spurred a hollow laugh, but it shrouded under the deafening weight of her apparition, hitting him full force.

A moment was taken to shake the adamant ringing from his ears, a fact he only ever had to do when he apparated- it was why he preferred the floo network. A professor had always warned him, it’s those quiet crazy ones with the deafening cracks to their magic, as if apparating had some connection to one’s soul.

Remington didn’t believe a breath of it. He was much too amused by her statement of farewell. ”Oh, I try.” A grin spun to life with the effects of whiskey fueling the drive. With a spin of his heel, he stalked back into his shop in a fairly pleasant mood than before, not at all noticing the other beings dwelling within. Lack of sleep was starting to take its toll.

╔══════════════╗
Location: Streets of Knockturn Alley entering The Spiny Serpent
Desires: Rest
╚══════════════╝

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:57 pm
Looking back at me,
I see that I never really got it right
I never stopped to think of you
I was wrapped up in things I cannot win

Alexander Evan Rich
.........Head of International Magical Office of LawUser Image

.....Desires: Wealth
..........Troubles: The World

One by one, the letters piled up. Each one had been stamped with an individual name and address, and each had been sealed with the wax imprint of the coat of arms inherited upon each family that had addressed him, and every single one of those letters did nothing more than repeat the same thing. Money. Alexander’s father had been farther in debt that one could hide from within the fabrication of Merlin’s bloody beard. And even despite every fiscal financial decision, the letters kept piling. Scanning through the lot, Alexander noted each numbers digits rose steeper and steeper, from five to six, to eight and nine zero’s long. Thousands and thousands of galleons had been wasted, all because of his father’s irresponsible and expensive taste in the finest clothing, dining, and women. And to top it off, repay the debts of favors, of pulled strings, of corrupt judges and crooked aurors—until there was nothing left.

The flutter of wings flapping overhead had caused Alexander to veer his gaze upward to cross glances with yet another owl, and before the winged beast had perched upon his desk, he stood and left, apparated away.

The thick pungent odor of decaying honor and scanty morals collided against his nostrils, he hated this side of the district. The thick muck and grime did nothing to leave his shoes clean, but in the least, there was no color, and no chance for confusion because of it. He didn’t know where he was going, or why. The mild thought of situating himself in the nearest pawn shop had passed idly, just as idly as gambling, but neither stuck. The pitter patter of shallow puddles enclosed within the groves scattered throughout the narrow alleyway had done little to ease his nerves, and tightening the black cloak around his neck, he realized he shouldn’t have left the warm comfort of his office.

Still, a sinking feeling weighed in the pit of his stomach, as if he had no other choice but this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:15 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
╔══════════════╗

So wear me like a locket around your throat.
Ill weight you down.
Ill watch you choke.

╚══════════════╝

The stench, misery and ruins of the streets and alleys swirled around the graceful curves and limbs of the returned beauty, but did not dare penetrate the air that clung to her. Between layers of spiced perfumes, cushioned lipstick and ornate cloaks and clothes lay a hidden away smear on her person. The fiery hair, enchantingly deadly eyes and ripe lips did much to conceal it, but it existed under her masks; the touch of splattered blood.
The woman was hidden in the shadows of one selected alley, the light of the central, flickering streetlamp missing her and casting her in the shades of the poorly observed streets. The woman had placed herself in this crook of the world before - several months to snatch up an opportunity with her favorite toy; Remmington Nott.
That experience had been both thrilling and delightfully destructive to whatever mental shreds the man still managed to conserve inside him. As she rested her thin back against the unpleasantly slippery brick of the wall, she grinned piercingly at the memory. Her appearance now, back in Knockturn once more, was also in the means to find the younger Nott. From her angle and where her heels placed her, she could see the light window of the man as he stood inside his shop. His silhouette did not pass the wavered glass, but her insight told her of his presence inside. Blog red lips smeared in rising delight at the prospect of watching her from her mysterious caverns again. Allowing him glimpses of what he most desired just to disappear before he could turn for a proper look. Their game was her favorite, and it had been for years.
A sudden snap in the air - more felt than heard - suddenly caught her attention. Her eyes and head turned tentatively to remain hidden by perceive what had caused the disturbance in the streets. A character just just apparated, not one hundred feet from where she stood under radar. The woman's dark, molten eyes narrowed to find details that could reveal the identity of the person. The gesture was unnecessary as she quickly recognized the sad lidded eyes and the stooped stature. Her grin widened further and her fingers suddenly sprang to a feeling of fidgeting as she wanted to play with her new ball of yarn.

He walked toward her place of hiding and she crawled into the darkness' depths further, keeping low and allowing him safe passage before whipping out from the shadows and striking with her poisoned fangs. He situated himself close - perfectly for an attack that had already finished brewing in her mind. Instead of stepping out, or even luring him toward her, she opened her mouth and allowed her voice to build.
"Leaving one's burdens only gives the impression of their disappearance. You are chained to them, my sweet man, I am sad to say."

Her words flew with twisting purpose around the corner to the ear of the intended man. Her lips curled and her eyes darkened as she targeted the very person she had many times heard her damned husband speak of - of many other family head's complain about. With such a surname as Rich, Krina reveled in the irony of just how deprived the man was. How desperate.
Perfect and ripe for her.

User Image
User ImageUser Image User ImageUser Image
User Image

Pale Mist

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 5:46 am
Looking back at me,
I see that I never really got it right
I never stopped to think of you
I was wrapped up in things I cannot win

Alexander Evan Rich
.........Head of International Magical Office of LawUser Image

.....Desires: Wealth
..........Troubles: The World

Sights and sounds all imbued to form one darkness; one vast open consciousness of titillating requiem, steepened with a mortified chaos sung and melodious debauchery infused with the grit and grime held in high esteem of the low sunken pits of this personified hell. Alexander saw himself for what he was, for what he had always been and nothing more: a pawn. The cold ambiance of the alleyways had done well to seep into his bones, cast in and overcloud with shame and misery to darken his regimen, but even that hadn’t quelled the stark realization of his own damned faults. With every step sloshed through caustic shallow puddles, he counted his debts. The Sever’s had been most accommodating, but now, their patience ran thin with their sons and thinner with him. Withered under the restraints, Alexander sifted through the in between of life and death, and all he found was the cycle. It coursed through his veins, bid his inner demons to come out and play, and the ghosts and ghouls will follow.

They always do.

To say that the tall, blonde, daunting man of near forty had been surprised would have been an understatement, but even so, the stoic mask remained upheld, unturned, and dim green eyes veered to meet the monster behind the mask of painted red. All she was, all she had been, meant nothing to him, nothing more than the meaning of life as it had come knocking on his door. Still, a man with a wife and child should care more, shouldn’t he? After all, he was all that stood in between his family and the pawing fiends of his past. He should have been on defense, he supposed, should have admonished his weapon. Hell, Alexander should have been a lot of things, but right now, he was the man he never wanted to become, and nothing more. He had no inkling of wonder for his family, nor any planned escape for them if an untimely death should arise. He bore no pleasant memories, or personal indifferences, he left no heir born son, left no hope for his family name. And his daughter, the one positive difference in his life, and he cared less for her than the depths to which he’ll trudge if only to free himself of the restraints left unto him.

If only.

”As is tradition, I do suppose.” He had recanted; the aloof and unguided distinction had only led to one true belief, humiliating defeat. Alexander Evan Rich had always been a man of means, a man of action, of strict definition and unyielding beliefs. Now? He nearly seemed drunken off of his own bitter afflictions. ”Forgive my brash nature,” he recollected, unaware of the perilous depths that she was so infamous for, but even so, he still harbored the same pureblood socialite respect and poise. ”Have we met?” Visibly, he winced, as though to expect the same demeaning speech he had received time and time again. But as she lurked, muddled and intertwined with dancing shadows, he couldn’t see her for anything more than she wanted him to see. Bloody lips, enchanting eyes, and alabaster skin painted by moonlight.

Knockturn Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff