Myer Briggs Personality Test & Types Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lobo-chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:27 pm
Miss Scherzo

Thanks for answering though. 3nodding The more information provided, the more potential insight. I have more questions, but feel free to pass if any are too personal.
While you are comfortable with your current social circles both in real life and online would you say you have any desire to broaden it? Also particularly in real life.
What do think of emotions? Especially those that compromise self control?

I do want to broaden my social circles. Online, maybe not so much. I'm open to having a few more friends at any time, but I'm not actively seeking anyone, you know? Yet I'm willing to make more friends if it happens. In real life, I want more friends just because my group of friends is pretty small and I feel as if I don't do much of anything without them. I need more people to hang out with, and also people who aren't involved with other people that way I can escape the drama. Drama is happening right now in my life, and I can't stand it. Also, new friends would potentially have different interests, so maybe I could find someone to be my gaming buddy or something.

What I think of emotions? I believe that emotions are an important aspect of people and should be taken into consideration, but I also believe that they should be reined in instead of allowed to control a person. But then again, I have the bad habit of bottling up negative emotions and trying to ignore them for too long. I understand that people are emotional, and I understand that it can be hard to control or ignore them and that ignoring them for too long can be bad... but at the same time I have a hard time understanding people sometimes. Why do they let themselves be so irrational? I mean, people can get so caught up in their emotional responses to things that they don't think clearly, and that's what frightens me. I'm currently caught up in some drama because of a situation like that, and I'm afraid that a friend is going to be supremely pissed off at me if things fall out a certain way because of her being emotionally driven in this situation and me trying to be practical. Emotions definitely need to be kept under control when there are financial issues involved sweatdrop
I don't know. This is hard to explain. Basically I don't like it when emotions are what is controlling decisions and logic isn't applied at all. Things like love freak me out in some ways because of the lack of control. When I realized I was falling hard for my first girlfriend? I spent a day or so just freaking out in my room. Because the idea of being so emotionally invested in another person scared the crap out of me. It's not that I don't want to love anyone or anything... I guess it's just that I'm so used to trying to ignore my own emotions that it catches me off guard? I don't know. It makes things like deciding whether to ask someone you like out a complete mess, though, because I end up trying to apply logic to feelings and it just doesn't work.
Blah, this response is so messy. That irritates me a little. I know I can caught up in my emotions and that affects the way I look at things, and I have made some very irrational decisions because of emotional stuff... Yeah, stuff.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:32 pm
Your type is: ESFP

ESFP - "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 8.5% of the total population.

Doubt that, well depends where I am the way i will behave. With my group of friends I talk a lot also I'm very cheerful, but people that don't know me think Im very serious, because I wont talk much.  

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:35 pm
When I was in a Psyquiatric Hospital the doctor that gave me classes said I had an Esquizoid personality with thraits of the narcisist personality type. She also said I was very elititist with the people I decided to talk to that I didnt talkwith everyone just the people I wanted to.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 9:16 am
Miss Scherzo

Have you noticed which moods or mind sets seem more common or otherwise accompany with either result if you don't mind me asking?

It varies, but I am much more likely to be outgoing and social if I'm in the middle of a manic episode. At the other end of the spectrum, I'm much more likely to spend most of my time alone.

Miss Scherzo

Thanks for answering the other sets of questions too. 3nodding
I still have a few questions, but do feel free to pass if any are too personal.
What do you consider examples of conflict with others?
Any particular ones that stand out to you?

I suppose conflict is when there are two opposing or different ideas or actions, and neither party is willing or able to make accommodation or compromise. I generally try to be a considerate person, and I'm well aware that sometimes you just have to agree to disagree, but it does bother me when people won't even make an effort to try and resolve an issue.

For example, my roommates in the past would insist on smoking in their room, even though the building is non-smoking, and even though their room was a disgusting mess and a fire hazard. They would either lie about it when confronted, or just make empty promises that they wouldn't do it again. We never managed to resolve the conflict. razz  

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:18 am
Lobo-chan
Miss Scherzo

Thanks for answering though. 3nodding The more information provided, the more potential insight. I have more questions, but feel free to pass if any are too personal.
While you are comfortable with your current social circles both in real life and online would you say you have any desire to broaden it? Also particularly in real life.
What do think of emotions? Especially those that compromise self control?

I do want to broaden my social circles. Online, maybe not so much. I'm open to having a few more friends at any time, but I'm not actively seeking anyone, you know? Yet I'm willing to make more friends if it happens. In real life, I want more friends just because my group of friends is pretty small and I feel as if I don't do much of anything without them. I need more people to hang out with, and also people who aren't involved with other people that way I can escape the drama. Drama is happening right now in my life, and I can't stand it. Also, new friends would potentially have different interests, so maybe I could find someone to be my gaming buddy or something.

What I think of emotions? I believe that emotions are an important aspect of people and should be taken into consideration, but I also believe that they should be reined in instead of allowed to control a person. But then again, I have the bad habit of bottling up negative emotions and trying to ignore them for too long. I understand that people are emotional, and I understand that it can be hard to control or ignore them and that ignoring them for too long can be bad... but at the same time I have a hard time understanding people sometimes. Why do they let themselves be so irrational? I mean, people can get so caught up in their emotional responses to things that they don't think clearly, and that's what frightens me. I'm currently caught up in some drama because of a situation like that, and I'm afraid that a friend is going to be supremely pissed off at me if things fall out a certain way because of her being emotionally driven in this situation and me trying to be practical. Emotions definitely need to be kept under control when there are financial issues involved sweatdrop
I don't know. This is hard to explain. Basically I don't like it when emotions are what is controlling decisions and logic isn't applied at all. Things like love freak me out in some ways because of the lack of control. When I realized I was falling hard for my first girlfriend? I spent a day or so just freaking out in my room. Because the idea of being so emotionally invested in another person scared the crap out of me. It's not that I don't want to love anyone or anything... I guess it's just that I'm so used to trying to ignore my own emotions that it catches me off guard? I don't know. It makes things like deciding whether to ask someone you like out a complete mess, though, because I end up trying to apply logic to feelings and it just doesn't work.
Blah, this response is so messy. That irritates me a little. I know I can caught up in my emotions and that affects the way I look at things, and I have made some very irrational decisions because of emotional stuff... Yeah, stuff.

The response is fine. 3nodding Good luck with the drama situation.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:23 am
^^Psycha^^

ESFP - "Entertainer". Radiates attractive warmth and optimism. Smooth, witty, charming, clever. Fun to be with. Very generous. 8.5% of the total population.

Doubt that, well depends where I am the way i will behave. With my group of friends I talk a lot also I'm very cheerful, but people that don't know me think Im very serious, because I wont talk much.

When I was in a Psyquiatric Hospital the doctor that gave me classes said I had an Esquizoid personality with thraits of the narcisist personality type. She also said I was very elititist with the people I decided to talk to that I didnt talkwith everyone just the people I wanted to.

From what you describe you sound you may lean more toward introversion. I have some questions if you don't mind.

What are your friends like?
What traits do you prefer in others? What traits do you dislike?

Deadcant_Closed

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:30 am
Taeryyn
It varies, but I am much more likely to be outgoing and social if I'm in the middle of a manic episode. At the other end of the spectrum, I'm much more likely to spend most of my time alone.

In as much detail as you would be willing to provide, what is bipolar like throughout the spectrum?

Taeryyn
I suppose conflict is when there are two opposing or different ideas or actions, and neither party is willing or able to make accommodation or compromise. I generally try to be a considerate person, and I'm well aware that sometimes you just have to agree to disagree, but it does bother me when people won't even make an effort to try and resolve an issue.

For example, my roommates in the past would insist on smoking in their room, even though the building is non-smoking, and even though their room was a disgusting mess and a fire hazard. They would either lie about it when confronted, or just make empty promises that they wouldn't do it again. We never managed to resolve the conflict. razz

Ha. No wonder in the past tense.
Why do you think a person wouldn't put effort into resolve?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:34 am
Jaft
This place is incredibly in-depth. I'll need to take time to really read over it later.

biggrin

I didn't expect this thread to be so fruitful. Do take your time, I look forward to more potential insight. 3nodding Same goes to any would be lurkers.  

Deadcant_Closed

^^Psycha^^

6,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2011 2:49 pm
Miss Scherzo
^^Psycha^^

From what you describe you sound you may lean more toward introversion. I have some questions if you don't mind.

Well yeah I'm kind of introverted when I don't know someone. I just need time to gain confidence to be me.

My friends, well most of them are pretty extroverted people, outgoing. Some like to fool around all the time, others are serious.

The traits I prefer in other persons thats a good question. I like outgoing funny people, people that are optimistic that cheer you up, I also like serious persons. People that respect you that are not bothering you all the time.

Traits I dislike is people that yell, that try to be the center of attention all the time. People that thing are right all the time  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 6:22 pm
Miss Scherzo
In as much detail as you would be willing to provide, what is bipolar like throughout the spectrum?

At one end is depression, although it doesn't necessarily entail the sadness people normally associated with the term "depressed". For me, it means absolutely no energy or motivation or will to do anything.

Even though the logical, rational part of my brain knows that everything is actually fine, my emotions disagree, and I am usually overwhelmed by feeling hopeless as well as worthless. Every day tasks seem incredibly challenging, especially since I'm stuck with the feeling that it ultimately doesn't matter.

Although I have learned somewhat how to deal with these episodes (and how to prevent them as often as I can), they are still very challenging.

I feel exhausted, so I don't usually want to go out and be with people, and I'm sure I'm terrible company at those times, anyway. razz But at the same time, I tend to feel pretty lonely.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, there are manic episodes. It feels like my mind is a television, and all the shows are on fast forward, and someone is flicking channels as fast as they can. Most of the time I have trouble focusing on anything, and I can't sit still. I am much more outgoing, and am also much more likely to get into fights or arguments with people, because I speak without thinking, and am more likely to be overtaken by my temper.

It's hard to get any sleep, because my mind won't stop long enough for me to rest, and this just makes me more irritable.

On occasion, I've experienced mixed episodes, usually after I've been manic. I just sort of crash emotionally, and I end up with all the flickering thoughts and sick energy of a manic episode, combined with the despair and self-loathing of depression. sweatdrop Not a good time.

I spend more time in various degrees of depression than anything else, but even when I'm not medicated, I have what I imagine are "normal" times, when I'm not noticeably affected. I don't necessarily mean "happy", I just mean....well....to be honest, it's not something describable. It's more like the absence of all the symptoms that make life difficult. :p
Although it might be easier for an outside observer to notice the changes in my moods from day to day, or week to week, it's not like like my mood swings from one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye, or even within the same hour.

Medication helps dull the extremes, and for me it seems to make the pendulum swing a little slower. (Changes are less abrupt, and it's not as likely to hit the extreme ends of the spectrum) It doesn't prevent depressive episodes (it's more effective with manic episodes, since I didn't have them too often to begin with), but it takes the edge off and helps me think more clearly. If I were to take enough medication to prevent the episodes completely, I'd be left feeling numb, which is really unpleasant.

I have been off and on various medications since I first started having problems as a young teenager (I just turned 25). Some drugs make me more prone to one type of episode or another; I've found that if I only take an anti-depressant, I am much, much more prone to manic episodes, so I am usually prescribed an anti-depressant as well as a mood stabilizer. Unfortunately, it can be very difficult to find not only the right combination of medications, but the right dosage. The numbness I mentioned before is a big concern, but there's always a laundry list of potential side-effects for any drug you take.

In an effort to sort of bring this back to the original topic...
Part of what makes these sort of tests difficult is that for nearly every question, my immediate response is "well, it would depend on how I felt that day". There aren't very many where only one answer seems correct. I am not sure where my personality ends and my illness begins, or vice-versa. I have to wonder, is this what I would answer if I didn't spend so much time feeling depressed? I'm not sure what kind of person I would be if I didn't have this...thing...wrong with my brain. (Then there's the whole idea that maybe there's nothing wrong with my brain, I'm just wired this way...)

Miss Scherzo

Hmm. I think it depends on the conflict.
They probably feel that they are in the right, or that the other person's concerns are unfounded. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or something.)
Maybe they don't think that a satisfactory solution to the problem exists. Or perhaps they enjoy knowing that they are irritating the other person.

So...to sum it up: Arrogance, self-centeredness, laziness, apathy, or plain ol' perverse pleasure. razz

In the example I mentioned, there were multiple conflicts going on all the time (most of them minor, some more severe). If they were feeling resentful or vindictive about some other problem, the smoking issue could have been their silent way of telling me to go ******** myself. razz

Taeryyn

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

Deadcant_Closed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:27 pm
^^Psycha^^
Miss Scherzo
^^Psycha^^

Well yeah I'm kind of introverted when I don't know someone. I just need time to gain confidence to be me.

My friends, well most of them are pretty extroverted people, outgoing. Some like to fool around all the time, others are serious.

The traits I prefer in other persons thats a good question. I like outgoing funny people, people that are optimistic that cheer you up, I also like serious persons. People that respect you that are not bothering you all the time.

Traits I dislike is people that yell, that try to be the center of attention all the time. People that thing are right all the time

Ah. Is gaining confidence around those that are unfamiliar similar to 'getting the feel' of a situation so to speak?  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:30 pm
Taeryyn
Miss Scherzo

At one end is depression, although it doesn't necessarily entail the sadness people normally associated with the term "depressed". For me, it means absolutely no energy or motivation or will to do anything.

Even though the logical, rational part of my brain knows that everything is actually fine, my emotions disagree, and I am usually overwhelmed by feeling hopeless as well as worthless. Every day tasks seem incredibly challenging, especially since I'm stuck with the feeling that it ultimately doesn't matter.

Although I have learned somewhat how to deal with these episodes (and how to prevent them as often as I can), they are still very challenging.

I feel exhausted, so I don't usually want to go out and be with people, and I'm sure I'm terrible company at those times, anyway. razz But at the same time, I tend to feel pretty lonely.

At the opposite end of the spectrum, there are manic episodes. It feels like my mind is a television, and all the shows are on fast forward, and someone is flicking channels as fast as they can. Most of the time I have trouble focusing on anything, and I can't sit still. I am much more outgoing, and am also much more likely to get into fights or arguments with people, because I speak without thinking, and am more likely to be overtaken by my temper.

It's hard to get any sleep, because my mind won't stop long enough for me to rest, and this just makes me more irritable.

On occasion, I've experienced mixed episodes, usually after I've been manic. I just sort of crash emotionally, and I end up with all the flickering thoughts and sick energy of a manic episode, combined with the despair and self-loathing of depression. sweatdrop Not a good time.

I spend more time in various degrees of depression than anything else, but even when I'm not medicated, I have what I imagine are "normal" times, when I'm not noticeably affected. I don't necessarily mean "happy", I just mean....well....to be honest, it's not something describable. It's more like the absence of all the symptoms that make life difficult. :p
Although it might be easier for an outside observer to notice the changes in my moods from day to day, or week to week, it's not like like my mood swings from one extreme to the other in the blink of an eye, or even within the same hour.

Medication helps dull the extremes, and for me it seems to make the pendulum swing a little slower. (Changes are less abrupt, and it's not as likely to hit the extreme ends of the spectrum) It doesn't prevent depressive episodes (it's more effective with manic episodes, since I didn't have them too often to begin with), but it takes the edge off and helps me think more clearly. If I were to take enough medication to prevent the episodes completely, I'd be left feeling numb, which is really unpleasant.

I have been off and on various medications since I first started having problems as a young teenager (I just turned 25). Some drugs make me more prone to one type of episode or another; I've found that if I only take an anti-depressant, I am much, much more prone to manic episodes, so I am usually prescribed an anti-depressant as well as a mood stabilizer. Unfortunately, it can be very difficult to find not only the right combination of medications, but the right dosage. The numbness I mentioned before is a big concern, but there's always a laundry list of potential side-effects for any drug you take.

In an effort to sort of bring this back to the original topic...
Part of what makes these sort of tests difficult is that for nearly every question, my immediate response is "well, it would depend on how I felt that day". There aren't very many where only one answer seems correct. I am not sure where my personality ends and my illness begins, or vice-versa. I have to wonder, is this what I would answer if I didn't spend so much time feeling depressed? I'm not sure what kind of person I would be if I didn't have this...thing...wrong with my brain. (Then there's the whole idea that maybe there's nothing wrong with my brain, I'm just wired this way...)

Miss Scherzo

Hmm. I think it depends on the conflict.
They probably feel that they are in the right, or that the other person's concerns are unfounded. (If it ain't broke, don't fix it, or something.)
Maybe they don't think that a satisfactory solution to the problem exists. Or perhaps they enjoy knowing that they are irritating the other person.

So...to sum it up: Arrogance, self-centeredness, laziness, apathy, or plain ol' perverse pleasure. razz

In the example I mentioned, there were multiple conflicts going on all the time (most of them minor, some more severe). If they were feeling resentful or vindictive about some other problem, the smoking issue could have been their silent way of telling me to go ******** myself. razz

I appreciate the detailed responses. 3nodding Thank you for answering.  

Deadcant_Closed

Lil_Wyvy2

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:21 am
Introverted (I) 52.5% Extroverted (E) 47.5%
Intuitive (N) 55.81% Sensing (S) 44.19%
Thinking (T) 51.28% Feeling (F) 48.72%
Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%

Your type is: INTJ

INTJ - "Mastermind". Introverted intellectual with a preference for finding certainty. A builder of systems and the applier of theoretical models. 2.1% of total population.

I can agree with this. it fits how my mind works. though all my scores are relatively close.. smile  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff