Submit

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:29 pm
So Kevin and Susana got back from their trip and I could finally unwind the ball of nerves I had slowly built up through the week. I got some pretty bitchin' souvenirs for my troubles though. I got:

A shirt from the Cayman Islands
A clay calavera skull in black, blue, and silver colors (all 3 of my favorite)
An awesome mask keychain and a Swiss army knife keychain with my name on it
$50

I need to do some homework tomorrow so I can be prepared Monday, but aside from that I figure I'll spend the better portion of the money on an import game and save the rest. I'll probably spend Tuesday and Thursday at the mall hanging out and getting out of the house (that is, when homework for next week is done).

Also, just won 1 of the 4 items from Poker Night at the Inventory in what could only be described as one of my cleanest sweeps while playing that game. Hopefully I can beat Cave Story and OFF later this week and move on to some more games.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:08 pm
So I'm currently stuck in Cave Story against a boss that was way easier the first time around. That booster v 0.8 really made a big difference. I also have neglected OFF for the time being, but will probably get back into it tomorrow for a couple of hours. I ordered Last Window, which should arrive soon, got another item in Poker Night, Downloaded Scribblenuats Unlimited and TF2 (only played the first so far), and missed out on the new Fire Emblem but reserved Animal Crossing to not repeat the mistake.

That's everything game-wise (aside from my neglecting SotC and Fallout 3). As far as classes go, I was able to catch up on homework and pass my quiz. I'm going to spend tomorrow morning taking psych notes and filling out any gaps in this weeks homework. I also am probably going to do a full workout to get everything running again after a week long break, and also set up counseling appointments on campus Friday.

I want to get iTunes and security on my laptop this weekend, and maybe beat OFF at least (that sounds so wrong without context xd ). If I get iTunes, I can probably get those songs I've been wanting on my ipod after trimming some other old stuff off.

Next week should be nice if the weather holds up. I can check back in for the Fire Emblem game, have most of my other stuff completed or close to it, catch up with old friends from high school, and maybe find a way to not be miserable on Thursday that week. surprised  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:11 am
So I'm just now starting to get over a cold. Hopefully it will be gone within the next few days.

Meanwhile I've gotten to the final area of Cave Story, and have beaten Scribblenauts. I'm probably going to play OFF later and try to get through zone 2 and part of zone 3. If I an do that and get further in Cave Story later I think I'll have a nice rhythm going to clear out more titles of mine.

On that note, it kinda pisses me off a little that it seems like I'm the only one in the guild not to get a gift. I know I have anonymous gifts blocked, and I know better than to make a big deal out of some virtual item with no real worth (especially considering I have a rather large inventory to begin with), but it's that sort of mentality of feeling a little left out that gets to me. I guess I just have to wait out all the threads people are making, thanking this benefactor for these gifts.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:01 am
So last night my computer crashed a couple of times with the error message "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". Today it seems to be in working order again, but I don't know if it'll crash again anytime soon. I'll try to see what the problem was, and hopefully this won't happen again in the future.

As far as today went, I slept in and decided not to get donuts for breakfast, but later on I went to the mall and got lunch and some cookies for myself. They didn't have Fire Emblem in stock, unfortunately. I was able to find Vanquish though, and snatched up a good copy that I'll probably start playing after I finish OFF and get through more of Fallout 3.

Tomorrow I need to stay after school to work on my projects. It'll probably take me a couple of hours to get everything squared away, but after that I have the whole weekend to myself to kick back and maybe go bowling or find the new Fire Emblem at Target or something.

For my other games, I took a break from Cave Story so I could play through Hotel Dusk again. The final area of Cave Story is something I know will be hard, so I'm taking a break now so I don't get sick of it later. I'll go back and beat it in some marathon after completing Hotel Dusk again, which should be by the middle of next week.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:24 pm
Hot damn, it's been a month since I last posted in this thing. I kept thinking about posting something for the past 2 weeks, but forgot about it before I could type anything.

So I suppose I should start with an overview of how things have been. I've been using Chrome after my computer was fixed at the expense of firefox. I also got some anti-virus software put up, with scans to get rid of all the adware.

As far as gaming goes, I've been fixated on Fallout 3 and Fire Emblem. I finished Hotel Dusk for the 3rd time, and got Last Window in the mail shortly after that (still haven't played yet, though).

I'm halfway through the semester in college, and a little nervous over my psych grade. I need to step it up and get it a bit higher, but after that I should be okay. I'll be having spring break soon, so it'll be a good time to take a bunch of notes and study.

Things are getting set up so I can go to New Mexico in June. While I'm there I'm hoping to drop another 10 lbs (found out I lost a little weight when I went to the doctor recently). I can also hopefully learn to ride a bike while getting to know my mom's boyfriend.

Going bowling this weekend. I've been doing alright there, at least maintaining about 110-120 average on my best games.

The cough I've had for the past month or so is finally gone, but I feel a little itchiness in the back of my throat still. Hopefully that goes away; I'd hate to have to postpone my workout routine again after getting back into it.

Aside from that, there's a few other things I need to do. I need to:

Finish Cave Story
Finish reading Book of Drugs
Read Life of Pi
Play Last Window
Watch Firefly

Saw Good Will Hunting recently. I thought it was pretty good, though surprisingly a lot like Garden State it seemed. I should still get around to watching Rocky and Saving Private Ryan.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:39 pm
Went to my friend's place for the day last weekend and watched Wreck-it Ralph on DVD. It was alright, but the romance subplot felt way too forced, as well as some of the lines from Calhoun feeling a bit narm-y. Also tried Stephen Colbert's Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavor. It was pretty good, and I think my ideal ice-cream flavor would be mint ice-cream with dark chocolate covered mini pretzels and mini marshmallows.

Going to see Aziz Ansari in DC this Saturday, so that should be nice. Next week is spring break, and I want to get a lot of stuff done during that time.

I want to get notes for everything in my psychology class down so I can have an easier time studying. I also want to finish a few games I've had put aside for quite a while.

I want to watch the movies Rocky, Saving Private Ryan, Fight Club, and Blazing Saddles.

Tomorrow I have a day off, and I need to buy some new clothes down at the mall. I figure I can also grab a shake at Rita's now that they're open again (so good). I don't know whether I should get chocolate or coffee...  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:24 pm
So I'm dusting off the ol' blog and I'm gonna try to use this a bit more often.

I got the new Zelda game last Friday, but didn't end up playing it until Saturday afternoon since I was going to a concert that night. The concert was Mike Doughty, and he did some nice sounding remixes of his old Soul Coughing work. The opening band was shitty; their lyrics sucked and their instrumental sections were so-so.

Went down to the mall today to see if I could get some new gloves (and get my weekly shake). The gloves were way ******** expensive, so I didn't buy, but I did look into joining game nights at the puzzle store when they play tabletop games. I'm hoping to make some more IRL friends there.

The shake I got was chocolate-caramel-pretzel, and it was fantastic. I learned that the menu of 50 flavors is more like a bunch of friendly suggestions. Next week they should get in the seasonal flavors and I can try a gingerbread shake (I'll get a large with whipped cream).

I want to think of what I can do at the mall on my birthday. I think I'll get lunch and a shake, then look into buying a few odds and ends I might want.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:26 pm
Gave a friend of mine his Christmas gift early since his cat just died. He got some stuff on sale from Steam that he wanted.

Thanksgiving was pretty good. My little cousin is 12 and almost as tall as me (I'm 6 feet tall) eek . Turkey was really good, and everyone enjoyed the fudge I made, so that's always nice.

This next week I'm going to do some Christmas shopping at the mall, and there's a few other things I wanna do the week before my birthday.

Find out where I can buy this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I wanna try to finish Castle Crashers and/or start on Fez.
I want to play more Last Window for the DS and maybe finally beat it.
I want to get some new gloves.
I want to call the bank and find out my sign-on info for the website.
I want to start working out again in the morning.
I want to start making smoothies for breakfast.
I want to watch more Breaking Bad and Arrested Development.

Some of these I can probably get done on Monday alone (I'm thinking 2, 3, and 4). The rest I can work on throughout the week.

It's going to be hard starting back up on things like diet when we have a bunch of sweets in the house, but I WILL PREVAIL.

I also need to decide where my birthday dinner will be and how I'll spend my time on my day off.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:30 am
So this week I started doing some stuff for myself.

I restarted my workout routine yesterday, and tomorrow I'll start incorporating aerobics into it.

I'm going to call the bank this week so I can access my account online.

I got a couple of Steam games I wanted, and I'm going to try and beat some of my unfinished games by Christmas (Castle Crashers, Fez, Last Window, Cave Story). If I can, I can get started on Binding of Isaac, SotC, and Vanquish to kick off the new year.

I applied to the milkshake place at the mall, and I'll check a few other places this week as well.

I resolved an issue I had where tilapia was making me sick, so I don't need to worry about stomach pain at the dinner table any more.

I also checked out the puzzle/game store at the mall for events where I can make new friends and get a new hobby in tabletop games.

Next week I'll start having smoothies for breakfast to get a better vitamin intake, as well as get Christmas shopping done. I also want to do something about selling my old Yugioh cards finally, so I can get rid of clutter.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:46 pm
I wanna make another media list, for things I wanna complete.

Video games:

Okami (can't decide system)
Devil May Cry HD collection (don't have)
Fallout 3 (in progress)
SotC (not started)
Vanquish (not started)
Cave Story (close to completion)
Last Window (in progress)
Castle Crashers (close to completion)
Fez (not started)
Binding of Isaac (not started)
Unepic (in progress)

Books:

A Void (need to purchase)
Life of Pi (have not started)
East of Eden (living room bookshelf)
Dress Your Family in Corduroy and Denim (living room bookshelf)
Holidays on Ice (living room bookshelf)
Barrel Fever (living room bookshelf)
Book of Drugs (in progress)

Movies:

Dr. Strangelove (can't find)
LotR trilogy
Rocky (at library)

Shows:

Clone High (thank you, youtube)
Breaking Bad (netflix (DON'T SPOIL evil ))
Arrested Development (netflix)
Community (don't know where to find)
cowboy Bebop (some anime site)

Music:

Emancipator (half work remaining, 18 songs)
Benn Jordan
- Human Action Network
- CHR15STPUNCH3R (1 album)
- Flashbulb
Protomen (2 songs: Hope Rides Alone, Here Comes the Arm)
Mighty Mighty Bosstones (so much music @~@)
El Ten Eleven (5 albums)
Kaki King (11 albums)
Ratatat  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:03 am
So I went to see the new Thor movie yesterday with my buddy Chris. He brought a mutual friend of ours who's now his girlfriend, which made it feel like I was the 3rd wheel of a get-together for my birthday xd

Tomorrow I have work in the afternoon. Before I go in I'm having brunch with family, and afterwards I'm having my birthday dinner out.

Tuesday I want to go to the mall by my house, and stop in for the holiday party at my work in the afternoon. I'm probably going to cash the check from my mom and her boyfriend, spend some of the money on some stuff I want or need, get lunch and a shake, then stop by the library to check out the party and maybe rent a movie or something to bring home for that evening.

Tonight I get the house to myself, so I'll probably try playing a bit of Cave Story to see if I can beat it (or get close to doing so). I'd also like to play a bit more of Last Window or Unepic, to see if I can get further in either of those. If I can beat those 3 games + Castle Crashers, I can start getting to work on my laundry list of OTHER games I haven't beaten yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:00 am
So today and last night I got a bit more Christmas shopping done. I got a pencil set, a sketch book, and a pencil sharpener for my little sister, a $50 Cheesecake Factory gift card for Kevin and Susana, and I'm going to be painting a picture frame for my mom and her boyfriend.

Tomorrow I'm going to the mall, and hopefully while I'm there I can relax a bit, find some mittens to put on the donation tree at the library, and get some Christmas cards to fill out. I've updated my amazon wishlist with one or two more items, and I think it's at a point where I should just make a smaller version of my big list so I can finish by New Year's.

So, by December 31st, I should:

Finish Cave Story and Last Window,
finish listening to Protomen and Emancipator (18 songs total),
look into getting my book "Book of Drugs" back from Kevin so I can get into reading it and finishing it.

In January I'll return to my big list and see where I'm at.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:28 pm
Tomorrow night I have the house to myself. I'm going to try and listen to the rest of Emancipator, Joe Satriani, and Protomen to clear away a chunk of music on my to-do list. I'd also like to sneakily put up my family's Christmas decorations, wrap the gifts I got, and finish Cave Story if there's time.

On Monday I need to head to the mall, and while I'm there I'll renew my Gamestop subscription, get a Christmas card for my little sister's gift, and pick up some mittens for the donation tree at work (if it's still there (you know what, I'll just get them tomorrow after work and go back to put them on)).  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:39 pm
I think I'll divide this one up into 2 parts: online and real life.

Online: I'm a little surprised at how quiet the guild has gotten this month, though not that much since I know it's all about everyone being away from their computers for the holidays. It's at this point where I start to realize that I could use some more friends in real life. I think after Christmas I'll ask Matt (an old friend of mine who I found out now works at the Gamestop I go to) if he ever wants to hang out like old times. In January I'll also be stopping by the puzzle store on the night they play tabletop games, so hopefully there I can meet some people.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Real life: I decided to put off some of the stuff I've been wanting to do until after New Years, partly to have new resolutions, and partly because it's harder for me to do anything with Christmas going on (the week before AND after). Mom is saying that I need to find a time when I can take a weekend off next March to meet her in Seattle for spring break, but I'm just going to ask about the time off and not set a date until she can tell me when her boyfriend can be off too, since she wants him to join us.

I've wrapped most of my gifts up this afternoon, but I still need to write thank-you cards for my aunt and grandma, and send out my mom's gift soon. In the mean time I'm listening to my long list of music. I've finished with Emancipator and have started on Ratatat (another new band (or rather duo) I've found), and El Ten Eleven. Right now I'm just hoping for a lot of sweets in my stocking this year. We just barely got the lights up in the living room, stockings still not up, and we put a handful of ornaments on the stand where the presents go instead of the mini Christmas tree, because I guess it was too much work to put up.  

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200

B1g_crunch

Questionable Loiterer

8,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 5:21 pm
Gonna post my New Year's resolutions here so I don't forget them:

-Lose 15-20 lbs (doing aerobics and drinking smoothies)
-Get a second job
-Get closer to finding out what kind of degree I want
-Get into tabletop gaming as a hobby and sell off or otherwise get rid of my leftover Yugioh stuff
-Learn to swim
-Learn to ride a bike
-Start drawing
-Start practicing calligraphy
-Make a lot of ice cream
-Take up boxing and yoga after losing weight
-Catch up on my media  
"WNB" The Why Not Blog~!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash