Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Party Tent: The Masquerade Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:48 pm
Well I woke up to the sound of silence
And cries were cutting like knives in a fist fight
And I found you with a bottle of wine
Your head in the curtains
And heart like the Fourth of July

User ImageUser Image
Unwanted OriginsTaken by Bradley♪ Musical Magician♫Hufflepuff ☠ BeaterLionel

Tobi had been aimlessly staring out at the dancing crowd lost in a happy daydream when he was startled out of it by a deep voice asking for a dance. At quick glance he had no idea who this masted stranger was and was seconds away from detailing various ways of detaching certain limbs when he made eye contact with dazzling blue eyes and instantly knew that this was his boyfriend. Annoyance gone from his mind he chuckled his mouth spreading into a grin as he took the offered hand and walked out to the dance floor. "I didn't know you could dance. What else have you been hiding from me? Can you sing as well?" Tobi teased as he positioned themselves in dancing form with one hand placed on Bradley's waist and the other clasped in his hand smile still present and bright hazel eyes twinkling.

If you're lost and alone
Or you're sinking like a stone
Carry on
May your past be the sound
Of your feet upon the ground
Carry on

Carry on, carry on

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:27 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole nervously entered the tent wondering for the hundredth time if she should be doing this. Just because she was able to mingle amongst crowds without having awkward panic attacks didn't mean she was ready for something like this. The circus part had been nerve-wracking enough what with her children pulling her every which way for each new act, candy seller, and souvenir until her feet were nearly audible through her shoes. Finally dusk settled and she apparated the tied youngsters back to their home tucking them in and settling a protective and alarm barrier over the house to alert her if one awoke or if a burglar or some other disturbance happened. And now she was here at a late night dance because her girlfriends instructed her that she didn't get out much and that she needed to "live a little." How she lived shouldn't be measured dangit! But, they did have a point on one thing; she missed interacting with other adults that didn't revolve around her children. She had been lucky to even find her small group of friends just to meet a few times every so weeks. A sigh escaped ruby red lips as Nicole stood off to the side of the tent watching couples group together and begin to dance. Her cinnamon eyes strayed to small couplings of teenagers looking so young and in love it made her chest ache with longing and regret from her own youth. She could never regret her children, but she could regret who helped bring them into this world. Just thinking of that man gave made the hair on her neck raise and goosebumps on her arms. Then the vision of a certain publisher flashed before her making her blink slowly. Now why was she thinking of him? And why did it make her feel calm all of a sudden? Odd....  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:06 pm
Back to the street where we began
Pickin’ up things we shouldn’t read
Feeling as good as lovers can, you know
It looks like the end of history as we know
Yeah we're feeling so good
It’s just the end of the world

User Image
User Image

ρυʀєвℓσσם╰☆╮ Taken by Rose HallUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Prefect User Image

Wearing | Where: the Masquerade | With: Rose | Thinking: Get in here!| OOC:

`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´
Nell was in awe at the wonder and mystery surrounding the normal looking tent as she walked into the Masquerade. Everyone was either standing talking or dancing, there were such beautiful costumes and masks, it was like a fairy tale! Now if she could just get her date to agree, her date who was currently refusing to enter much to her chagrin. "Rose, t's just a dress! I'm pretty sure no one is going to notice how uncomfortable you are in one unless you keep making it apparent." she replied exasperatingly to her red haired girlfriend. Honestly, take her out of her jeans and put her in something nice and it was like pulling teeth. From a dragon! Finally an idea popped into her mind making her grin slyly before masking it with an innocent look. "Well, if you don't accompany me inside I guess I could ask someone else. Guys in masks can't all be bad right?" Nell said with an air of naivety.
`•.¸¸.•´¯`•.¸¸.•´

Into a room where it's nine in the afternoon
And your eyes are the size of the moon
You could 'cause you can so you do
We're feeling so good
just the way that we do
'Cause it's nine in the afternoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:36 pm
User Image
Can't help if I space in a daze,
My eyes tune out the other way,
I may switch off and go in a daydream

User Image

Rose grumbled as Nell dragged her into the tent. Of course she was uncomfortable. How anyone convinced the redhead to wear heels and a dress was beyond her. She preferred her flats, dangit! "Alright, fine, just don't be surprised if I fall flat on my face. Just how do people walk in these, anyway? I bet they train for months before they can walk in public." Honestly, she didn't mind the idea of the ball, just that she was wearing something ridiculous. Besides, it gave her the perfect chance to see her girlfriend dressed up, right?

----------------------------------
State: Nervous and thinking she's going to fall over.
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

In this head my thoughts are deep,
But sometimes I can't even speak,
Would someone be and not pretend I'm off again in my World

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Bug430

Desirable Millionaire

8,050 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:38 pm
Quidditch is my life, but my knowledge is who I am.
User Image

William Cloud

Seventh YearHufflepuffChaser

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

William entered the Masquerade, looking for Belles. He wanted to surprise her, but if she's half as hard to locate as she was last time, he probably wouldn't find her. He hoped that she wasn't, but knowing her, she did not want to be known as Belle. Whenever she dressed up she dresses up. There's not finding her, because she's probably someone else completely. William had learned early that he would have to look for someone that does not resemble Belle in anyway, except facial features. Hopefully he wouldn't have to, but if he had to, he could.

He walked around the place, perusing the area, knowing that she would recognize him as soon as she saw him. He might not recognize her, but he knew she would recognize him. He made it blatant enough. But he doubted she would be looking for him too...maybe. Who knows? He'll find out.

⇳ ⇴ ⇵ ⇶ ⇷ ⇸ ⇹ ⇺ ⇻ ⇼ ⇽ ⇾ ⇿

Some are born great, some achieve great, but some...have greatness thrust upon them.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:16 am
User Image
User Image

|||Third Year|||Ravenclaw|||Single|||

Lyre walked into the tent, wondering what to do. It wasn't like there was much, since it seemed dancing was her best option. Too bad she didn't think anyone would ask her, unless they were mistaken for another. Violet eyes peered out, watching all the elegant people. Everyone looked so fancy! She ran a hand through her hair, pondering what she could do.

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:04 am
User ImageUser Image

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

Mood : Nervous
                                          Thinking : I feel like an idiot...
                                          Doing : C-conversing....?
                                          Where : Masquerade Tent
                                          With : Random girl and everybody else

Xavier entered the tent, his father not far behind. His ocean blue eyes peeked behind his mask of black, light blue, green, and yellow, searching for someone he know. But of course, how could he even recognize them? They faces were covered, their identity a lonesome secret. He meandered around, slipping through the bunch of people already there. He looked at the people that were near him, his eyes scrutinizing, wondering if they were perhaps a friend or an acquaintance of him.

But of course, there were too many people there, too many people going here and there. He was carried away by the crowd at some point but his feet managed to recompense back to where he used to be. He adjusted his hat and checked if everything was there. You wouldn’t want your belongings to be stolen now, would you? Of course not. His cold, pale fingers grazed over his other hand, managing to reassure himself that his ring was still in place. But…it wasn’t there. The brunette blinked, spinning around as his eyes searched for a glitter of silver on the floor.

“ Where in Merlin’s Beard is it?! Oh, wait. Is that— Yes! “ He exclaimed, squeezing past the people as soon as he saw something sparkle on the floor, rolling to the other side. He crouched down, chasing his ring, but then, it stopped in front of someone’s feet. The Gryffindor squinted his eyes, as he reached out for the ring and stood up straight. He stared a few minutes at the person in front of him, it was a girl.

“ Oh— ummm, hello there. I’m sorry about suddenly….reaching my arm near your foot…..I was getting a-an important ring. I hope that I didn’t hurt you or anything, “ he blinked, words already coming out of his mouth. He didn’t even know what was happening. He stared at her violet eyes, before turning away. What should he say?

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:17 am
User Image
User Image

Lyre was growing a bit bored, not having anything to do but watch. Her attention was diverted when she saw a very shiny something roll to a stop at her feet. Just as she was about to reach for it, a boy grabbed it. He stood up, looking a bit flustered. What did he have to be sorry over? Hurting her? Nonsense! "You didn't hurt me at all! I'm glad I could be the one at whom's feet your ring landed. I've been craving a conversation!" Her voice was sweet as honey, with no intention if evil or cruelty in her soft tones. Her strawberry-blonde hair swished around her shoulders, tickling down her back. "What are you up to? Surely someone dressed as dapper as you has some sort of plan for the evening?" Her eyes met his, holding steady with a gentle gaze. It seemed weird to her, staring into someone's eyes when she didn't know their identity. Maybe he was just as nervous? Then it would be a bit less awkward... right?

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:15 am
User ImageUser Image

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

Mood : Nervous
                                          Thinking : I gotta think of a topic later…..It’s….it’s too awkward
                                          Doing : C-conversing....?
                                          Where : Masquerade Tent
                                          With : Masked girl and everybody else

Xavier’s eyes widened at the sudden burst of words from the girl. He couldn’t help but chuckle. At least he didn’t cause her any trouble…..well, not that much. “ Well, that’s a relief, “ he grinned, raising the part of his hair that wasn’t covered by his hat. “ Heh, isn’t that a blast, “ he added, smiling, “ I was hoping to actually meet someone I know, but you know, because of the masks, it was harder…and probably impossible. Well, I have someone to talk to, at least. “ His face entirely changed. From a bored, lost little boy to a happy and energetic one. But of course, the latter was his usual personality so it wasn’t something hard for him to do.

The third year gave her another warm smile, leaning against the closest wall. So far, so good. At least he still hasn’t made himself look terrible. First impressions, mate. Blue eyes glanced at the people. Looks like some of them were starting to dance, and some of them are…..well, like him and the mysterious girl in front of him, simply conversing. He looked back at the girl when she asked him something.

“ Nothing much, actually. I just came here with my Da a while ago. Heh, can by answer be ‘because I’m looking for fun’ ? ‘Cause that’s my answer, “ he laughed, mentally facepalming himself. Oh yeah, now you make yourself look bad. And that joke…..was it even considered one? He shrugged, scratching his check sheepishly as he adjusted his mask.

“ A-actually, I wasn’t supposed to even attend this place; Da just forced me to, saying that he’ll be all alone and stuff, “ he added, making it less awkward. Looks like both of them don’t know what to do. But still, why does he act like this in front of other people— in front of girls? It makes him look.....less manly...

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:32 am
User Image
User Image

Lyre grinned, brushing a bit of hair from her face. "Well, that's the fun, isn't it? If you simply showed yourself, it wouldn't be much of a masquerade, now would it?" A giggle, then a grin came forth to the girl. When he said he was here with his father, the teen nodded understandingly. She was caught off guard by his joke... if one could call it that, but to be polite, she gave a little giggle. Her hands found the hem of her dress, adjusting it a bit. She felt really.... silly standing there, but sillier alone! At least the boy couldn't identify her. Knowing that, a wave of calm washed through her. "At least you have a reason. I'm here simply as something to do. I suppose I should have figured I'd not recognize anyone. Not that I know too many people anyway." Her thin hands crossed, then laid on her belly politely. It was clear the girl had very well groomed manners.

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:52 am
Yukina101

User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

A smile crossed Bradley's face as Tobi chuckled and grinned, placing his hand on his and lead him onto the dance floor. He couldn't help but chuckle at the boy's words. "I never said I couldn't. Just that I don't." He said as he placed a hand on the masked boy's waist. "And, Maybe I can sing." he said teasingly, and sticking his tongue out as the moved in a circular motion. He looks much better since earlier in the summer. It probably has to do with the fact, now he knows he has people who care. he thought with a smile. His own crystal blue eyes shining with excitement.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:59 am
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle had only just leaned against a stall to people watch when she spotted a certain masked figure she'd very much like to shove off a very high cliff. Her lip curled in annoyance as she watched him move about the crowd, but she made no move. She didn't care what he was doing here after all. He was interesting to be sure.... but his mere presence annoyed her enough that she didn't care if he was interesting or not. She watched as he looked at her, not even trying to hide the fact that she had been watching him. She was determined to figure out who he was underneath that stupid mask of his. The White Fox was just another disguise in a world full of disguises. She glanced at Ada to say something but before she could speak, the White Fox had somehow found his way to stand right in front of Ada.

Michelle quirked her eyebrow slightly at that, but besides that, her face (or what was visible of it), stayed perfectly neutral. Even her curled lip had slid back into her usual stony gaze. At his words, she just barely kept a snarl from escaping her tightly sealed lips. How dare he even think about asking her Hufflepuff to dance. Not that Ada would ever agree. The White Fox was a creepy guy that stalked to school. Not a dance partner. Michelle slowly licked her lips, her expression still neutral as ever. "Back off." She hissed, her tone was icy cold and to most would probably seem a bit frightening. Not even a second later she had her wand drawn and pointed at his stupid masked face. Part of her just wanted to blow the thing away and be done with this whole disguise thing, but not now. Now was not the time for that, and she hadn't a doubt in her mind... she would see him again. Her wand didn't waver as silver eyes stared him down from behind her own mask.

"You won't touch her. On the dance floor, off the dance floor, or any other time." She said quietly. Although her voice was soft, there was a distinct sound to it that told you she wasn't quiet out of fear, or respect, no she was quiet because she didn't need to be loud to make her point, or intimidate. "I suggest you leave now.... unless you like the idea of being set on fire." And only now did a smirk crawl onto her lips. It would be oh so amusing to watch him burn, and she wouldn't even hesitate to do it if he didn't go. Most of her wanted to just do it now and be done with it.... but she knew better than to get herself (and most likely Ada too) kicked out of the masquerade without good reasoning.

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 11:49 am
User ImageUser Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Fourth Year ♫ Single ♫

After I've cried my ℓαṡτ, there'll be ๒єคยҭұ from pain 
                                                        And though I can't
                                                        υи∂εяṡταи∂ why this ђคקקєภє๔ 
                                                        I ќиøω that I will when I look back ร๏๓є๔คұ

Ver blinked at Darius in confusion. At first she didn't get the joke and then the night at the hospital came rushing back to her. A blush clouded her cheeks and she looked at the ground, toying with a curl quietly. "I-I-I don't w-want..... I mean.... um.... er.... y-you're perfectly h-handsome clothed as well as.... well... er... yeah..." She glanced up at him and rolled her eyes at the teasing smirk on his face. It wasn't funny! She huffed and crossed her arms over her chest, trying her best to glare at him.

When he said she didn't want to dance with him, the glare dropped from her face and she rolled her eyes again.
                                                        "Darius Alexander Silver, of course I want to dance with you." She said sternly, before smiling at him and kissing his cheek gently. She glanced around the masquerade and shrugged. "But I suppose..... if you won't ask me to dance I'll just find someone else....." Her eyes flickered to him, a teasing smirk dancing on her lips. She knew she could goad him into asking her to dance.... but she also knew that saying she could find someone else could very well bring up bad memories and ruin the night before it had even started. Hopefully he would realize she was only teasing and it would just get him to ask her to dance. The other option in this scenario was him getting pissed off or upset, which she definitely did not want.

Here I am at the єภ๔ of me. Tryin' to hold to what I can't ṡεε  
                                                        I forgot how to ђ๏קє. This night's been so ℓøиģ 
                                                        I cling to Your קг๏๓เรє. There will be a ∂αωи 
                                                        Though it won't be ҭ๏ค๔ұ, someday I'll нøρε again

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:00 pm
User ImageUser Image 

♫ Pureblood ♫ Fourth Year ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩And I didn't want to be the first to รคұ. Everyone around here thinks you're ¢яαʐÿ.۩ 
                                                        ۩And I didn't want to be the first to say you shouldn't รҭคұ, Isabella run คฬคұ.۩

Elli blinked as she heard her name in the voice of her boyfriend and smiled widely at him. "Well look who decided to show up." She teased him, giggling quietly. Her arms immediately wound around his neck and she kissed him gently. "Have trouble finding me?" She asked with a teasing smirk. She knew he had, because honestly there were a ton of redheads around and with all these masks she was near impossibly to find.

She smiled and stepped back from Cam, before turning on her heel and doing a little spin. When she had made a complete circle she stopped and smiled brightly at her boyfriend.
                                                        "Do I look good?" She asked, lifting fingers to re-situate her mask. She glanced down at her golden dress and shook her hips a little. She hadn't decided if she liked this whole fancy dressing thing. Sure at school she wore a lot of skirts and dresses... but they were never fancy ball gowns or anything. And she wasn't one to wear a lot of makeup or do her hair all fancy so she wasn't sure if it looked strange to be dressed so fancily with her hair and makeup just normal.

۩All your heroes are your яε¢øя∂ṡ. You play 'em loud but I don't mind the иøιṡε.۩ 
                                                        ۩Why ya нι∂ιиģ?Maybe you don't think you have a ¢нøι¢ε.۩

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:32 pm
User Image

Hey you, look around!
Can you hear that noise? It's a rebel sound.
We got nowhere else to go.

User Image

Magni entered the ball and leaned casually against one of the tent poles. He was chaperoning, again. Sheesh, so okay, most of his friends were in Scandinavia, but still... He stretched, thinking about what exactly he would be doing here besides watch his sibling dance or hang out when he caught sight of a blonde walk in. Well then, okay, so maybe he had blondes on the brain, but then again, he blamed that Eretria girl for that. How the heck someone could be so hardheaded and stubborn, and yet be probably the single most abrasive person was beyond him. Watching the girl stand there alone, he decided to approach. Hey he could have fun chaperoning, couldn't he? "Hello miss. Care for a dance? You seem to be here all alone, and I figured that you could use a little fun." He smiled, bowing politely and waited for the girl to reply.

┏━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┓
State: Friendly

┗━━━━ᚦ━━━━━┛

And when the sun goes down, and we fill the streets,
You're gonna dance 'til the morning to the rebel's beat.
You can take everything from me, oh, yeah.
You can take everything from me
'Cause this is all I need.

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas