Submit

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:48 pm
Upon reaching the other shore he turned to watch her, bemused slightly by the question posed. After all, what was he to say? Of course nothing negative - he had nothing bad to say of any unicorn at all, especially not this one.

"The unicorns are an interesting batch, to say the least. Considered often to be the purest and somewhat perhaps magical, revered by many." He chuckled slightly, knocking away a bad rock off into a patch of other rough rocks. "No, I hold them in high esteem, and think quite highly of them. Winged ones, you say?" He pondered this, snorting slightly as a firefly alighted on his nose. "I suspect perhaps it's not too far-fetched to be honest - what, with winged ones of our kind and unicorns it would be bound to happen both traits happen, after all, emotions of love cannot wholly be contained to one's type only sometimes... I've heard of pairings of different types before. not that I envy them - I am sure they get their share of problems." He flicked his tail a moment, and looked to the sky. "I've never had a desire to fly myself - probably more freedom but I enjoy what I have."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:08 pm
The flickering lights reminded the white mare adorned with the spiral of tiny suns contrasting the canopy above and around them. Her eyes crystalline mused at his answer feeling quite warm with his response. She was special, and full of mystic enchantment but overall Glory was herself. For some reason she understood him more than other Soquili she'd come across. Some holding anger, some sorrow, why even some were so different they hid their true emotions behind those not-so-composed tempers. The unicorn branded from birth from the shooting star understood a lot more than she usually let on, but being a child, a vessel of pure innocence was something she did best.

"Well I know its silly but from a foal till now I wanted to fly. My heart yearned to catch that breath of air and lift toward the open skies. How envious I was of those flutters when they could simply just come and go when they wanted." she nodded with a childish yet beautiful smile.

"The fist and only try.. well that was painful. But you know I had a good laugh out of it silly as it was. Do you think I'm silly wanting to fly?" she queried with a shy smile, "You don't have to answer that if you don't want to."

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 9:22 pm
"Not at all," he said, beginning down the way. "There's nothing wrong with wanting something, even if it seems impossible. It's what makes us, somewhat."

After all, many would nto be where they are - such as Minty - without some desire, which may have seemed impossible at the time. While the odds of Glory sprouting wings were likely never, there was nothign wrong with a want to fly. Not unless she persued it recklessly to the point of self-injury or worse, death.

"You might realize it may not happen, but there's nothing wrong with wanting at all. Even simple littlw wants like a tasty apple." He laughed quietly, his tail flicking a moment. "Everyone has their own secret wishes, well, most everyone. Some find them to come true, others... well, what comes, comes. I am content with my life, for the most part. There certainly isn't anything bad about it, but I recognize not everyone is as fortunate, either."

The night's cool touch was refreshing, awakening, as mucha s this conversation was. It was different, yet exhilerating havign a talk with someoen who wasn't a person he saw every day, and someone he respect, and admired somewhat for holding onto a dream. As well, she had quite a bit to her, behind just the looks. Too many judged simply by that - although in cses of kalona, it'd be understood quickly why one judges by looks.

"Although the flutters mya fly, they do have their own disadvantages too, although I've never asked one about it. Being smaller though would bug me, to be honest."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:32 pm
Glory beamed thinking about the flutters once again at the mentionn of them. Shaylee was quite a handful compared to the tranquil based Saissis whom was getting fatter day by day. She loved the flutters in their size and different attitudes. Barely once had she really got a good look at the winged named Zaribe. He was definitely Zikeria's brother there was no doubt about that.

"Fluuters. Mmm such pretty wings they have. Two come to mind from where I live. One as scattered brained as they come and the other sensible and full of hope. So different yet alike in nature." she nodded to him with a bright smile. "But you know as little as they are so many things can be achieved. Take for instance Saissis who is having babies carrying all that weight! I don't think I could do that." she giggled looking at him in a silly blush. "Err forget that I have no idea what Im even talking about really".

Looking to the ground she wondered what she was thinking still surprised on the fact that a little flutter was pregnant and moving her weight around quite easily most of the time. Eventually she'd have to ask about seeing if Saissis delivered yet or not. Shaking her head she came back to reality feeling a tad parched, " Umm would you mind terribly if I got a drink?"

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:37 pm
"As varied as we all are," Kahaina mused a moment, and looked back to her. "No, please, by all means, feel free. I would not deny you your needs."

He mused on her words awhile. "Well, for even as msall as they are, they need to carry foal to carry on the line after all. Else there would be very few flutters indeed! Of course, this can be said of all things alive, no?" he laughed quietly then, lapsing back into silence again and thought. After a moment, he spoke again.

"Don't worry about your words, they don't offend or upset me. I rather people speak their minds freely, then feel the need to be careful all the time and be judged critically over so few things."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:05 pm
She beamed with a snile that accented those cyan orbs mimicing the water she now sought. Cool and refreshing it reached her muzzle as her head edged downward to intake the water curing her throat from the talking she had contributed.

When finished she rose her head slowly letting the droplets fall one right after another into the stream where they came from. Finally satisfied she joined him once more refreshed and content.

"Hmm sometimes" she spoke with a smile, "My words get over my head, not like Shaylee though whom is a constant chatterbox mind you but moreso curiousity I think. I tend to ponder many things be they good or bad." she said with an almost embarrased look.

Her head rising toward the sky made her look almost mythical as the contrasting purple lined with blue lie on top of the striking white coat.

"Atleast," she spoke with a smile turning back towards him "someone finally does listen to my rambling. I thank you for that."

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 5:44 pm
"Nothing wrong with thinking, I do plenty of it myself," Kahaina said, slightly bemused. "If we didn't contemplate how thigns were, we woudl never understand them... although I don't think that quite works on certain individuals." He laughed quietly. "I don't fully understand all two-leggers still. Some truly perplex me."

He looked at her awhile, searching for the next choice of words, admiring her grace and poise. She held herself as most might expect of a unicorn, but much lied beneath that exterior as well. "It would be rude," he said, "to not listen to what one has to say. If we did not listen, there would be no conversation and no understandings. And life would be dull. Aside, you listen to me, so it's only fair." He laughed again, lightly. "I respect everyone I come across unless given good reason, and even then, there is no sense in stepping down to the level of others. FIghting doesn't resolve much, in the end."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 12:18 am
The sound of a frog made himself apparent as it leapt into the water creating a subtle yet known splash. Following its attention getting scheme it made noises deep in its gullet like a croaking sound. Strange how the night could speak for itself in the chorus of various amphibians and insects in an orchestral serenade. Flicking her ears to catch each tone and pitch made Glory feel as if the darkness sang another song than the day combined with songbirds in sweet melodies.

"Well when there are two listeners there will always be a right solution." she said thoughtfully, "Many times when one speaks over the other all is lost in what was attempted".

She smiled with a quiet giggle hearing Celendria speak within those words of knowledge. So much one could learn from their parental guardian if they only just open their ears and believe what is openly given to them.

"I take after my mother, the one whom found me. I guess you could say a little of that icyness rubbed off", she giggled to herself setting her cyan blue orbs upon his own caring eyes. "As for two-leggers they are like bark on a tree. I never understood their concept but if you think about it they both play a role in this world. Protection. Bark on the tree to cover ijn warmth and life. Two-leggers to watch out for the Soquili giving good things to eat and keeping harm far away." she nodded with another smile as her deep violet tail swung back and forth making a wisping noise.

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:41 am
"Two-leggers are a blessing, usually - not all, sadly, are. The green mare at my place escaped from a rather cruel two-legger... but we took her in and she's alright now." He shook his head slightly. "Sad how some don't respect what exists. I was raised mostly by my two-legger after my mother died." He looked to the sky then, reflecting a moment on those days so long ago. At least, as they felt such. It'd been a long time... his mother had been in Saloli's care for some time, and in the family, but she'd passed on from illness or age - he had never been too certain. She'd been a kindly, even-tempered mare who'd work to instill much in him in their short time together.

"He did a good job, all things considered. Mother instilled a lot in me before she passed on, and he made sure I stayed healthy, clean, and out of most trouble." He snickered quietly. "I didn't try too often, but there was a bear once before I was grown... I learned to respect that which was bigger then me somewhat."

He looked at the frog a moment, then to Glory. "It is a good thing when two can hear one another and talk - it proves we are not alone in the world, and that all things continue. It gives hope. With such words of Kalona about, and other problems... one needs good to remind them that not all is lost."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:42 pm
The wild dog sounded in the horizon to the east of the mountains as it always had when the pursuits of childhood took form of a unicorn and her friend out exploring. Ah the memories that flowed evenly hinting spice of being lost and wishing Celendria would come.

Though she wished not to leave her companion's side, the snow white delicate female knew time was fickle and returning to Kimi was in the escence. His words were soothing to her perked ears as his voice was matched to flutter within her chest.

"Two-leggers are odd but I think if my mother trusts them I shall as well." she nodded with a sweet smile. Looking at the twinkling stars as they winked back at her she once again heard the calls of the wild dog in the distance.

A brief sigh escaped her throat as the light shined upon her from the silvery orb high in the sky. "I know this will sound odd since I am indeed an adult, but I do think I must return back to the herd." she frowned looking apoligeticaly at him. "I do hope that we will meet again Kahaina, but for now I must pass through the water and return back."

Walking slowly toward him in her own affection she nuzzled him briefly then started her journey back. "Please take care" she called back before she galloped over the water and headed off to the blackness being swalloed completely till she wasn't seen anymore.

Rein_Carnation

Devoted Werewolf

18,175 Points
  • Married 100
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:01 pm
He nodded, accepting that she ahd her own obligations and needs, and watched for long moments as she disapepared and stared after, exhaling slowly. "Do take care," he said, "and I do hope we meet again." He headed back slowly, reflecting on the night. It had certainly been somewhat unexpected, yet refreshing and new. And invigorating. He had some soul searching to do, it seemed, but it would have to wait til after sleep.

((fin))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:02 pm
+ [ A Place to Be ]
Xemnas, Maeryn, Rot

Miss Cherie
Maeryn stood at the top of a hill, surveying the lands that her herd had claimed for their own. She had gotten a strange request from an even stranger source. A meeting. A meeting between herself and a stallion with whom she was unfamiliar. They'd not so much as exchanged words. Still... he was of her race, and so she would deign to acknowledge him. The black mare shifted weight from one hoof to the other, pawing at the ground. It was a habit of hers, one that she would perhaps do better without. She often pawed at the earth when she thought, and at this moment, there was much to consider. So, she waited and rolled the thoughts over and over in her mind.

Mintaka
Xemnas walked an even pace, refusing to hurry for anyone, for any reason. Why he should exert himself now for the unknown was pointless - if thigns panned out, perhaps he would consider maybe putting himself a little out for others.

Though, really, they all should be for him. But he was new here, and he'd best test the waters and see what was, before he pushed for more. He had ways to handle things, so he wasn't concerned. But this... this was a good opportunity, not to be let go to waste.

He saw her, and made he was over, head high and gait even as he walked over. He stopped a few feet from her, making eye contact. Silence reigned foor a few moments before he spoke at last. "You are... the leader of the herd I've heard about?" An even, neutral tone with no traces to show surprise or derision - he was not one to judge hose who led simply by appearances. "I am Xemnas."

Miss Cherie
"I am, though I am not the only leader of the herd, so to speak." Maeryn looked Xemnas over carefully, searching for signs of hostility. Really, it was a risk for her to meet him here all alone, but she had not had a chance to speak with... say, Rot. And there was no sign of a threat in him yet.

For that reason, but not only that reason, she kept her tone neutral. Not precisely dispassionate, but certainly not either welcoming or unfriendly. "I am Maeryn, Xemnas." It wasn't exactly a pleasure to meet him, because she wasn't sure how he'd fit in with their plans, but it obviously was not going to be as problematic as she thought it might have been.

Stallions... often... had their own ideas of who was in power, and who was to be talking to whom. "So... tell me, why have you come to me, stallion?" Surely he had a good reason. This was clearly not a social visit, and she doubted that he'd seen her from afar and taken it into his head that she was 'the one for him', or some other rot like that. So, what gave?

Mintaka
"Maeryn," he said quietly to himself, reflecting. "A fine name," he said, lifting his head slightly. "As for what brings me, well... good to see we can get to business without chit-chat. I rather prefer thigns head on when dealing with like-minded people. The lesser people... well, they're fun to toy with."

He flicked his tail a moment, eying her. She was expecting something, perhaps what he ahd came for, perhaps something more - or less. "After my arrival here, I found myself somewhat stranded and alone. Quite something I wasn't too used to." A short laugh. "But such as the case, I made no delay in ... hunting down ... someone to talk to, to get at leasta basis of what was going on here.... and through soem meaasure of 'conversation' - if one could call it that - I managed to find out I was not completely alone perhaps."

His eyes glittered in the light, a somewhat devious look upon his features. "I found that there were others... like me. Perhaps with like-minded ideals? Tell me, Maeryn... this ... herd. Tell em more about it, and what it stands for. I'm interested, you see, in finding a place. Finding thsoe of like mind. The past is that, and I need something new. And we - we seem to perhaps share like minds and thoughts. So I would definitely consider hearing what you have to say. Entreat to me things I should know, so that I may decide. If the cause is right... well, then I'd definitely like to be counted in."

Miss Cherie
Maeryn snorted, tossing her head to the side in an age old gesture of amusement. Oh, no... she was not laughing at him. Certainly not. She was amused that he'd so quickly unraveled the secret of Maeryn. Perhaps he'd observed more than she'd thought. It was rather funny to her, really. And encouraging. A true Kalona, was he? Well, she would surely find that out soon.

"My cause, Xemnas? Or the cause of the herd? The two are not precisely the same, though they do possess a certainly likeness." She smirked. Yeah, it was good to have to play the old game of wits and retorts, cloak and dagger. Once again, she found herself challenged slightly in expressing her meaning. That had its own merit. Eloquence was a good tool, and she fully intended to cultivate it.

"The Black Skull Herd, for that is what we are called, is made up of Kalona. And only Kalona. Only true Kalona." She flicked her tail, watching him with those blood red eyes that looked as though they were a part of some horrific scene, rather than the eyes of a mare such as herself. Had it not been for the pointed teeth, the horns, and the wings, she would not have looked quite so intimidating.

But those eyes sometimes flashed with passion that was veiled as carefully as a nun traditionally covered herself from the world. She held that back now, speaking calmly with the stallion. "Lately, our kind had been dwindling in numbers and in pride. We've lost much of what we stood for, and our demeanor has been dampened down. I cannot abide that, and so I have called together a few like minded individuals, in an effort to preserve what we have left. In the hope of creating more."

She paused, thinking, weighing her words. "Kalona, as a race, are meant to be evil. We are dark, we are shadow... we can be violent, and deadly. Sharp, sarcastic, snarky. Witty, yes. Intelligent to a fault. Those traits are not without value, and it seems that more and more, a few of our kindred have chosen to shake them off. I disapprove. It is what we are, it is what makes us... Kalona." Demon Soquili.

Mintaka
Ah, so there was moer then met this eye with this lady. Good, good, he'd hate to think of entering a bargain with soemone who was a idealistic half-wit with no sense. She had a good head and sense about her... this was very promising. And the additional information helped to feed.

He'd been called a Kalona, so this definitely was the place. Perserve what they had, what they were. A decent cause, to say the least. After all, wasn't he striving for similar, in a vague sense, once upon a time? Ah, yes. Something to that effect. But what the Kalona embodied... well, now that was definitely along his tastes. There was no ulterior goal anymore that he could see, so he needed somethign new to focus on... and this sounded quite the tempting offer. Enough so, he mulled on these words.

"Tis a shame one should turn form their roots," he said evenly. "To shy away from what you are is cowardice, really, to deny your nature... yes, foolish to do so, to try and break the binds of destiny and fate." A slight snort. "Fools and idtots, the lot, who'd turn from such offerings and ways. I have always embraced such - it's in my blood even to be. Intelligence is a prime thing to hold, without there is no vision, no method to achieve the goals, and to see the problems before they come, and outguess the opponent to counter before they strike."

He shifted slightly, a wicked look on his face. "One must know the snake and be the snake to crush it's head before it bites and kills."

His tail twitched a few times. "Yes, indeed, the means and cause of the herd are quite good, well-though and formed indeed. Strength in numbers, and knowledge of one's own blood and kind. After all, it is best to know your allies and potential enemies among your own well, at least in meeting if they do not join. Wise indeed, Maeryn, I applaud it. I would think I would fit well within the herd, since i fit much of what you speak."

He leveled himself, looking at her straight on s he set one hoof down more comfortabl. "But you, Maeryn... what is your personal cause? Every leader has two agendas, two wants - one for the people, and one for the self. Tell me, m'lady, what is it you hold close to the heart that drives you on this path, to look over your own kind and fight against the tides of change and finds strength in others to rally to the cause? I'm curious, really. I like to know those whom I will likely be around. And please, ask what you will of me. Tis not fair for me to ask so much and give only a little."

Miss Cherie
Maeryn's eyes darkened for a moment, and she seemed unsure of whether she wanted to respond as he had asked. But, finally... after deliberating, she spoke again. "I would protect our foals from lesser Soquili, who hate them for what they are, because they cannot understand why they are different. No, I do not seek to find understanding between the breeds, but a lone Kalona foal is quite defenseless against those who would harm it. I will not have that." She stomped a foot, prancing in place a little, almost rearing. It was clear that this was a touchy subject for her.

"If we are ever, ever to grow in numbers and become what we have the potential to be... we cannot so quickly toss aside our young. Therefore, I propose that it would be best for them to be raised in a group of Kalona. Adults. Fully capable of defending them, and teaching them our ways."

She scoffed quietly, remembering the disgrace of the stallion Calamity. "If we mix too much with others, we lose our values, it seems. That which makes us... better. Pathetic, really. Perhaps if I can keep a herd together, I will be able to stop unfortunate situations from reoccurring."

She was not so kindhearted as it might seem. Yes, she had some stray maternal instincts, but... the youth were ever the future of a race. It was common sense. But apparently, in this day and age, common sense was not common. "I value what we are above all else." They were a proud, rightfully arrogant kindred.

"I would keep those fools from destroying our future, and from dwindling into ineffectual beings. Those fools who would toss aside their heritage." There was that smirk again. That almost self mocking expression. Almost. She realized how small the efforts of one mare could be, compared to the many. But... she would do her best. She'd sworn to, hadn't she? When she'd formed that brotherhood, that herd.

"And you, Xemnas... tell me, what do you believe in? Why are you here, with me now, aside from your wish to be a part of something? And why is it that you do wish to be a part of something... larger than yourself?" She raised an eyebrow coolly, watching him, neck arched. "What have you to offer me? What skills, what knowledge? What makes you a Kalona? What makes you worth having among us?"

Mintaka
Ah, so that's what made ehr tick. It made sense, really - you didn't let them stray off and get corrupted, and you didn't elt them strike at those weaker. Bring the wrath of a whole group down... yes, effective, succinct. Perfect. Enough thought and calculations. And pull those true together to keep an objective and focus. After all, a single will is merely that - together, there is more driving it. More to uphold the belief and keep it alive.

He let his eyes close then, to reflect on the questions brought on him. Easy, simple, yet so terribly difficult to deal with all at once. Address each otgether, at a time in sequence was best, to clarify each point. Not that he expected he could confuse her, but more to make a clear point.

"What do I believe in? Many things, some of which overlap yours, and some which I could bother to discard in some ways, irrelevent to this place and time somewhat." He shifted, moving his wings slightly. "I believe that we are better then others - more then all others could ever aspire to, and I refuse to let anyone tell me or others different. While my arrival here was... untimely, in some regards, it seems more beneficial in others. There is no fairness, no so-called 'balnace' between us and others - nothing is ever so perfect and fair and I refuse to be on the 'lower rung' - ever." He stamped a hoof down to emphasize the point, eyes flashing.

"I believe that there should eb those over all others, in power and command, to be respected and revered - if not feared. I ruled over a group once in my past. Everyone listened to me, respected my word for one reason or another. This woudl eb a grander scale, with more at the 'head' - but the theory is not much different, is it? We are superior and above the others, gifted in special ways the others could not understand." A wicked look touched his expression, his wings flaring a moment before resettling.

"A loner is an open target, no matter how great or powerful they are - everyone needs someone, after all, to cover their back, to aid them, whatever needs may arise. There is a certain safety in numbers, even if it's a loose coalition. Those you can look to in times of trouble." He shook his head slightly. "Only a fool thinks themselves so great as to accomplish a goal alone, or to survive so in a world different then their own - and evne known, you face the risks of others in numbers striking at you. A lone target is a vulnerable target."

He shifted then, a wry quirk to his expression then to accompany the change of topic and tone. "As for what I can offer... I may not be among the strongest of out kind, but I have a sharp mind and intelligence, a lvoe for that which you speak of - darkness, destruction... a terrible rage when it is ignited to a cause that is wronged. I refuse to flinch in the face of adversity - what doesn't kill you... makes you stronger. And what I lack in physical strength I make up for in cunning and manipulation." A derisive laugh. "Very useful against those below you."

"I would see all those below me - and I've seen many who qualify for such before meeting you - bend to our will or suffer. They are but pawns to be used for our own whims, and nothing more. And those fools who attempt to mebrace their ways are equal targets, to be used, manipulated, and humiliated. And should I see any I know... well, I have my personal opinions on them... I do not know if any arrived with me... but I shall make certain they are as equally troubled as the rest of the lot." He snorted. "Those I need no help with, but any offered, well, I would not turn away. I would not drag this herd into my personal affairs however, without reason. But I would not deny them the chance to wreak havoc and show our strength and ability. As much as I would allow equal torment of any who stand in our way or attemtp to bring us down."

Miss Cherie
Maeryn chuckled dryly. "Oh, I'm sure that I could find a use or two for you, stallion." She was very amused. Very, very amused. And why shouldn't she be? The thought of the power of their kind... well, it was... thrilling. Seeing a Kalona such as he was rather intoxicating, rather like feeding a drug addict what he craved. She longed to see the grandeur of their race restored. And he rather perfectly exemplified it. Much like a number of others that she had brought into the fold. That pleased Maeryn. Quite.

Evil had a way of spreading, of engulfing. And didn't she know it? It was entirely positive from her end. "I could use a little more muscle, and a little more brain among the ranks." Toku was not the brightest of stallions, and Misery was not all too willing to venture out in pursuit of the things which she thought worthy. So... another member would be a good plan. Especially someone like Xemnas.

"This talk you have of other places, and perhaps other times... it intrigues me. Are you then from somewhere strange... distant?" Perhaps somewhere foreign? Somewhere she'd never heard of. The mare flared her wings, rearing a little in place to gain height. "Perhaps some day you'll tell me of this... place of yours." She left that open ended.

She watched him shrewdly, taking in the subtle shifts of his body, the changes in his face. She'd long since learned to read body language. It was a powerful tool, and one she used to work things to her advantage from time to time. Fights, for instance. "There are a few troublemakers among the inferiors, and perhaps at some point you would be useful in dealing with them."

She laughed, a deadly, neigh of a laugh. "Although I wonder if you should like to even be around such creatures. One such is a mare, a lesser... who seems quite enamoured of our race. In a Kalona I would applaud it. However... such mixing is quite objectionable, and I find her admiration offensive." Some might find her reasoning to be silly, or petty. Truly, only another of her kind would fully understand it. "I may some day discourage her, or I may ask you or another to do so."

Hmm. "I think that I would like you to join our herd, but I must talk this over with the Protector." What was the point in having two leaders if you did not utilize both? Perhaps he had further insight into the matter. She wasn't about to start off her 'reign' as Alpha by foolishly disregarding Rot's opinions. They too had value. "I'm almost positive that he will approve, however."

Mintaka
Ah, a second. Yes, that made sense. A reign alone left too many openings, and no checks. Such power was too corruptable, and misjudgements made. How things worked was logical, sensible - it worked well. And wanted, and needed? Ah, music to the ears, to say the least.

She was definitely the interesting one, and he would gladly entreat to her later of the past. For now, however, there were other matters. "Understandable. I wouldn't wish to cross the ... hooves of another. I rather make enemies with the lessers then my own." He stretched ever so slightly.

"Sounds like quite the interesting situations going on... I wouldn't mind having a few 'games' with this lesser... they do tend to be so much fun when they are so blind. Perhaps I can break her of it. I, for one, would not lower myself to their standards." He snorted derisively. "Why any would consider so.... unless times were truly so desperate, but it runs the blood thin... lessens the strengths of the gift. Can't further a race by such means... better to die in purity, then to taint. Much as some might think it better otherwise. Does b*****d children of weakened blood truly continue things? I think not. It is like watering down wine, to make it last longer."

He shook his head, remainign calmly impassive again. "I wouldn't mind mixing it up with these lessers, getting a feel for them - seeing how they 'tick' and using it against them. Know your enemy, learn how they work, and exploit their weakness. Best way to take them down, honestly. If I can't do it, then I am sure one among us has it."

He clsoed his eyes a moment. "As for myself... yes, somewhere far, unattainable return likely. Not that it matters. I think I rather like it here." He grinned in his own way then. "We shall discuss that however antoher time, perhaps after I'm in the herd."

Meeki
Rötschreck could sense other of his kind around. It wasn't like there were many that gave such an evil aura out. Though he might be considered crazy for thinking such, he really believed he was starting to be able to tell which Kalona was nearby by the potency of the aura he sensed. He would never admit to such a silly concept out loud though.

Perhaps it was just a strong intuition. He was able to find Maeryn more often than not by this "intuition" which made his position within the herd an easier task.

It looked like Maeryn was out recruiting. Rot despised other male stallions naturally, but could keep his personal dislike to himself. He landed nearby and walked slowly over to the two Kalona, taking the time to size the other stallion up in the process.

Miss Cherie
Maeryn had no plans on going over Rötschreck's head with her decisions, not at all. She had long since decided that it would be best that the choice of who was to join their herd (yes, in truth more like a coalition) would be made between the two Alphas, and so she went now to seek her counterpart out. She looked for the brilliance of his red pelt, knowing that there was no other Kalona to fit his description. Hmm. He'd already found her.

"Rot," she started, when she noticed him,"I'd like your opinion on a potential herd member. Xemnas is his name. Perhaps you've heard of him?" She thought the stallion a suitable candidate, but thought that perhaps she had missed something about him, something that Rot would be able to pick up. Ah well, time would tell. And so would his reply.

Meeki
Rot looked over the other stallion. He looked normal enough, seemed to be sure of himself, not quite as.. unstable as the other two stallions he had come across, but it would take time before he'd know if the stallion was worthy or not.

"Go with your gut feeling, Maeryn. If he turns out to be unworthy, we can always kill him." Though Rot was thankful that there was another possibly qualified Kalona stallion, the idea also bothered him. He had greater competition with the stallion before him.

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:04 pm
((Reserve - Zikeria & Zaribe's reunion))  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 10:09 pm
((Reserve - Zikeria & Riannel))  

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Mintaka

Aged Lunatic

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250