User Image
𝐢𝐴𝑆𝑆𝐴𝑁𝐷𝑅𝐴 _𝑺 𝑢 𝑷 𝑯 𝑰 𝑬 _ 𝑁𝑂𝑇𝑇
__ π‘‰π‘Žπ‘šπ‘π‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’ _ π‘œπ‘“ _ 𝐷𝑖 _ πΌπ‘›π‘“π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘– _πΆπ‘™π‘Žπ‘›
`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´¯`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.β€’Β΄ `β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´¯`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.β€’Β΄ `β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.‒´¯`β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.β€’Β΄ `β€’.ΒΈΒΈ.
[Fall of 2034]_____

Rain fell like fat tears from the sky, lightning eyes blinked white as thunder cried and cursed. Heavy winds guided her forward, swept her feet under the porch and wavered. ”Are you sure about this,” heavy words trickled down the back of her neck, his breath hot in her ear. ”Yes, I am,” she said, but the urge to flee beat through the stolen blood running in her veins. ”I have to.” she said, convincing herself more than him, ”I need to end this.” Her maker sighed. He didn't agree with this, Sophie knew that, but he trusted her. And that was more than she could say about anyone else in the world, other than Ava and Willow, of course. Pestilence trusted her, even enough to call him, ”Orion.” Sophie whispered, ”don't worry. Go back to Ava and Willow... I'll be ready in an hour or so, I promise.” Moments later, the vampire disappeared with the crack of his wand, but not without leaving her a parting gift; a thin, silver blade; then apparated home.

With a wall of heavy rain behind and a closed oak door in front, thoughts and memories flooded back to her. To when she was last in this house; in her old room; traumatized. She didn't remember much, but she remembered the hunger. She hadn't eaten for days afterwards. Couldn't stomach the food nor did she want it. And sometimes, she can still feel the dead, cold bones wrapped around her.

She never knocked, but the door swung up. ”Mistress Sophie!” One of the house-elves cried. ”Oh Mi-Miss Sophie, Ma-Master Nott will-will be so pleased!” The door swung to a close behind her and the house-elf seemed ready to burst in tears. ”Is Callidora home?” She cut in between it's gasping heaves. ”I-I believe mistress stepped out.” Heels clacked as she stole through the marble foyer and spun around. ”And my father?” The house-elf seemed hesitant for whatever reason. ”He-he-heβ€”the wine cellar.” She couldn't help but roll her eyes, ”Of course he is. Tell no one of my presence. Make no preparations. I won't be staying long.” She ordered.

”Father?” A single candlebra sat on the bar; its candles nearly burnt to the end with wax dried in pools around the base. Still, she could easily make out the face of the unshaven and greasy man sprawled across the leather arm chair. ”Father? For ******** sake, wake up!” Dumping a glass of scotch over his head, he sputtered upright and growled.

”Dammit woman, just leave me be!” He didn't seem to see her. ”Da', it's me...” It took a moment for the words to register, or for him to respond, or both. Tears streamed down his cheeks at the sight of her, the salty smell was overpowered by the liquor and cigar smoke.

”My little star,” he choked a sob and her heart sank. Maybe this was a bad idea. But... ”I'm not staying.” She blurted out. ”I just...I just had to see if the rumors were true.”

”What do you mean you're not staying?!” Sophie could feel the panic rising in his voice, his heart skipping beats. He must not have heard anything else because all he could shout was, ”No! I forbid you from leaving! Sophie, you're staying here! You're staying home!” He rose, but she took a firm step back. ”No. This isn't my home anymore. This has never been my home.” Her voice cracked. Dammit. Why couldn't he have just taken care of this himself already! ”You don't care about me, and you never did! You were going to ship me away and marry me off! Remember?! All you've ever done was ship me off! Got me out of your way....” Remington fell backwards, he could've died right then and there in that chair. It was burned in his eyes; hopelessness. ”I came here to tell you I'm happy now... I've found someone... I'm happier than I've ever been here, with you. And...

β€œAnd I know... I know Edric is gone but... It's time to make a decision. Avenge him. Move on. Or if you're really so unhappy... leave.”
A glint of silver reflected in the candlelight. ”And make it easier on everyone else.” Spinning on her heel, she didn't wait. She rushed up the stairs; empowered and embittered. ”Do not disturb him.” She barked to the house-elf and ran for the door.

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
                                      ______β—†β—‡β—ˆ Serpents Ascent
                                      ________ β—†β—‡β—ˆ with Remington
                                      ___________β—†β—‡β—ˆ 5’6”, 135lbs
                                      ┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

[OOC: Quoted you for the stalksu]

Cara MiaKitty