Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Quality Quidditch Supplies Open, Hiring, and Summer Sales! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:08 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Ten Years Old Future Hogwarts Student Grecian Half-Blood

Kalin finally found the address he was looking for and was amazed to see that it was a Quidditch shop. Maybe this is what Wyatt had been doing these past few weeks! He'd been working here and now he wanted him to come by and see and maybe hang out for once! He walked in taking in all the different brooms hanging around and the shelves of different products and supplies looking for his big brother and found him talking to an older teen with a toddler on his shoulder. He had a feeling he was talking about him because when the blonde saw him he had a smirk. But maybe he was being paranoid. "Wyatt this place is so cool have you seen all the brooms hanging up they look like they're actually flying! Oh, umm..." Kalin realized he had been a bit rude barging into their conversation like that without introduction. "Hi! I'm Kalin Abrams, Wyatt's younger brother. Want a cookie?" He started to go into his bag to get one when his brother stopped him. "We're going for ice cream with Dhylan and his baby brother Todd. And I'm going to and persuade myself that I'm imagining things since you know you're not supposed to do anything in the kitchen without my supervision." the authoritative comment mixed with an airy voice made the young American blush and quickly hide his contraband.

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:33 am
User Image

Lean on me, when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

User ImageUser Image

Dhyl blushed when Wyatt called him Dhylly. That started as his sister's pet name for him, but... now... He conveniently pulled Todd's blanket up and hid his flaming for a second, until he put the blanket in the bag and pulled out little shoes. He busied himself with the shoes for a few seconds, letting the heat cool in his face. When he looked back at Wyatt, only a soft blush lingered. "Experiment? Like the time Dad thought it was a good idea to let Mouse play with my Chemistry set?" He blinked, then realized he had called his sister by a nickname Wyatt probably wouldn't understand. "Mouse being my sister, of course. Her name's Minerva, which got shortened to Minn or Minnie... and... Minnie Mouse? Yea?" He gave an embarrassed chuckle, unsure if the man would understand the reference.

Dhyl carefully set Todd on his own two feet, thereby freeing both his hands. The little Nolynn looked over as another boy walked in and offered a cookie. Todd's eyes went wide as dinner plates and he reached a hand out. "Koo-kee peese! Peese!!" It wasn't long until Dhyl had squat just enough to tap Todd on the nose. "No, Todd. We're going to get ice cream, remember? You can't have both." He stood straight, then yawned, stretching back slightly, extending his arms up and behind him a bit as he stretched to full height. Unbeknownst to him, a sliver of his flat stomach was exposed, just above his pant-line. When he returned to normal standing position, he slouched a bit, as he did on instinct. He was super tall and he didn't like people looking at him, so he did his best to hide it.

{OoC: #FFDA00}

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 2:55 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image

So I was the one with all the glory,
while you were the one with all the strength.
A beautiful face without a name for so long.
A beautiful smile to hide the pain.

╔══════════════╗
Wyatt rolled his eyes at his brother's apparent lack of subtlety before he brought his attention back to Dhylan and Todd. He wondered why the blanket was now covering most of his face but when he began putting shoes back on the youngster he could see the tell-tale signs of a major blush and inwardly crowed. He still had it! At his summary involving a Chemistry set and a...mouse he raised an eyebrow and listened to the stammering explanation over the nickname before chuckling. "Yeah, something like that. And no worries, Mrs. Mouse and her husband Mickey are a huge thing back in the States, just didn't know they made it out here as well." Kalin, who personally liked Goofy over the two mice, had his attention stolen by the tottering toddler who was asking so nicely for a cookie he almost gave him one. "I'm sorry little guy, but both our brothers said no, and when it's a double no it'd a definite no." He felt bad telling him no like that and resolved to bake him his own batch of cookies in different shapes, sizes and everything to make it up to him. Wyatt, on the other hand, was too busy focusing on the tiny stretch of skin he had been gifted with wide-eyed wonderment before his little brat of a brother caught him and elbowed him in the ribs with a knowing smirk. With a smirk of his own he grabbed the youth under his arm in one swoop inadvertently flexing his arm muscle as his other hand messed up the curly mop that was called hair. Kalin, not known to give up without a fight, began to struggle causing his brother to move with him which caused his own shirt to ride up allowing a consecutive four second viewing of his abdominal muscles before his shirt returned and the younger boy was yelping "Uncle, uncle!" forcing his older brother to release him while both quietly laughed or chuckled. "So, are we all ready to go?" Wyatt addressed the Nolynn brothers.
╚══════════════╝

Did you ever know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
'cause you are the wind beneath my wings.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:18 am
User Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

User ImageUser Image

Dhyl nodded as Wyatt spoke of Minnie and Mickey. When he said he didn't think it had reached the UK, he snickered. "It's Disney. Where haven't they reached?" He adjusted his hair, knowing it felt slightly wonky.

Todd pouted when he was told by everyone that he couldn't have a cookie! Well fine! He didn't want one of their cookies! He waddled awkwardly around his brother's legs, then stretched on tiptoes to the bag. Dhyl was too busy watching the boys romp about, he didn't notice what Todd was doing. After some squawking, the boys stopped their fighting, so Todd quickly plopped down, a cookie in hand. A grin spread over his face as he munched on the treat happily.

Dhyl had been watching the two, smiling lightly. When Wyatt's shirt lifted, blue eyes looked anywhere but there. It wasn't his modesty or anything, but that.. "No! It was modesty, dammit!" He didn't look back until he heard the cries of "Uncle" and the question posed. "Y-yes. Yes we should be." He looked over where Todd had been, then blinked. Where had he gone?! Blue eyes darted around, until they focused on the youngest boy, eating a... "Tooooodd!" He sighed, then sealed the rest of the cookies in his bag. Of course, he says no, but leaves another option. Great babysitting, Nolynn.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:32 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXUser ImageUser Image

╔══════════════╗
Wyatt conceded with Dhylan's response knowing that if there was money to be made then Disney would sure enough place itself there. He chuckled at Todd's pout but paid no more attention to the little boy focusing more on his brother. Kalin was and wondered what it was he was trying to reach without seeming nosy. "Great, I'll lock up the shop and put the 'Be Back Later' sign up front and then we can go" the owner announced going over to each of his few remaining customers to explain. His younger brother had just noticed the toddler was munching on something and was about to point it out when he was beat to it by the teen. "I'm sorry I didn't say anything I saw him go into your bag but I didn't know what for I'm sorry!" Kalin rambled feeling a mite awkward and guilty at the same time. At that exact moment his brother ushered out the last of his customers and flipped the sign while twirling his keys on his finger. "Ready when you are guys. Oh, looks like Toddy was trying to beat us to the sugar rush." Wyatt chuckled opening the door gentlemanly waiting for them to exit.
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:57 am
User Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

User ImageUser Image

Dhyl nodded at Wyatt, then looked at Kalin. "It's not your fault. I should have been paying attention, rather than watching your bro-- i-it's fine." He colored again, then turned to Todd. "Want me to carry you, or will you walk?" He knew that the child would get distracted or tired and end up needing to be carried anyway, but he figured he'd give the option.

Todd nibbled more at his cookie, happy his brother wasn't going to take it. When he was asked about travel, he stood to his feet. Instead of answering his brother, he toddled across the room to Wyatt's side, then tugged lightly at his pants. "Why-ehttt! C-cawee mee, peese?" He turned his bright eyes upward, his fluffy half-curls framing his face perfectly. If one thing could be said of the Nolynn boys, it would be that they had lovely hair.

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:14 am

╔══════════════╗
Kalin nodded in acceptance but still felt bad and thought to also include Dhylan in the next sweet delivery he made. I wonder if he likes fruit fillings he thought before getting lost in his mind filled with recipes he couldn't wait to try. Though he wasn't too far gone to not give him a wry grin at his slip-up. "That's ok, he was watching you too!" he whispered conspiratorially to him while looking back at his brother. Wyatt was at the front door waiting semi-patiently, his tapping foot the proof, before he noticed that Todd was not over by his big brother but by him. How did he come to this realization? Well, he was the only person left small enough to be pulling on his pant leg. So he looked down with a ready grin before he was lost in bright wide eyes and a halo of curls asking to be carried. Dammit he we going to end up doing double strength practice because of these two! "Sure thing little man." Without another second to consider he hoisted the boy in his arms and had him attached to his hip like he'd been doing it all his life. In a way he had thinking back to Kalin and noticing a glimmer of mischief in his brown/green eyes as he talked to Dhyl. "If you two are quite finished talking about me, me and Todd would like to get some ice cream sometime today." Wyatt gave a cocky grin and even laughed a little at his brother's exaggerated eye roll as he walked to the door. "Who even said we were talking about you? Has your ego gotten so wide that you think everyone has to notice you?" the little American teased. "Well if I'm currently in the room, yes." the older brother answered confidently with a wink sent to Dhyl and a small tickle to Todd.
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:20 am
User Image

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on

User ImageUser Image

Dhyl blushed somehow heavier when he was informed that he was being watched just as much as he was watching. "Uffern sanctaidd. Pam mae e'n gwylio mi?! Beth?! ME?! Nac oes!" He felt like slapping himself, but instead grumbled in Welsh. He had learned the language from his father, and had therefore completed a full understanding of the words.

Todd, upon getting his request, snuggled happily against Wyatt's side. He heard his brother saying funny words, but simply blinked in his direction. "Y-yea! I-iss keem! Hu-wee peese!" He clapped his hands and giggled, smiling brightly. When he was tickled, Todd squealed and squirmed, laughing happily.

Dhyl followed Kalin to the door, eyes wide. "Sure thing, guys. Let's head over there now." He smiled, then gently adjusted Todd's hair out from his eyes. He blinked his own bright eyes, then stepped out into the sunlight.

{OoC: Exit to Florean Fortescue's}
{Translation: "Holy hell. Why is he watching me?! What?! ME?! No!" E/W}

For it won't be long
'Til I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:42 am

╔══════════════╗
Wyatt's eyes widened at the spiel of foreign words falling from Dhyl's lips and wondered what it was he was saying that he had to be so secretive and say it in a completely different language. 'I knew I should've taken more than Spanish and ASL' he mentally berated himself. He chuckled as Todd repeated his sentiments and lightly bounced him on his hip as he squirmed and giggled. He also watched as the older teen walked over to fix up the toddler's hair before walking out the open door and his eyes strayed lower to his lightly swaying backside forcing him to bite the inside of his cheek. Either it had been far too long or Dhylan was seriously messing with his seemingly dormant libido. "Lead the way." he replied grinning. Kalin, the nosy leech, noticed his staring and began making kissy faces causing Wyatt to thump him lightly on the forehead with his finger before locking up the shop and leading the way with his grumbling brother behind him.
[Exit to: Florean Fortescue's]
╚══════════════╝

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:09 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary walked into the shop, a smile on her face. She had gotten a letter from her eldest grandson, informing her that he had been made a Captain of his team. She had also been told of his adventures through the summer, and felt it fitting she leave her small cottage in north Wales and return to England. She looked around the shop, not actually sure which brooms she was looking at. It had always been her husband that knew such things, never her. Perhaps she would find something nice anyway.

Feeling brokenBarely holding onBut there's just something so strongSomewhere inside me
And I am down but I'll get up againDon't count me out just yet
They can say thatI won't stay aroundBut I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop meYou don't know meYou don't know who I amDon't count me out so fast
There will be no fade outThis is not the endI'm down now
But I'll be standing tall againTimes are hard butI was built tough
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:30 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria pushed open the door to Quality Quidditch Supplies with her free hand while the other was holding Theo's hand. "Here we are," she said, stepping into the shop. She knew Diagon Alley like the back of her hand. Immediately, Alex walked towards the display of Firebolt brooms, pulling her friend along with her. The girl hadn't let go of his hand even after they entered the shop. The reason for holding his hand was much different than it had been just a moment ago.

RedEagleEye007

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:31 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo got pulled in, a small smile on his face. He found that his hand was still in hers and quite frankly, he wasn't going to pull it away. He liked it and he wasn't going to question it either. As she brought him in the place, he looked at it in amazement, but just enough to answer the question she had previously asked him.

"No, apparently the football team there liked me and asked if I wanted to go play there for the rest of the summer. Of course I said yes. They are one of the best in the worlds. At least...at the professional level they are. I am staying with a friend of the family," he told her, shrugging it off. He acted as if he wasn't all too excited or nervous, but truthfully, that was a facade. He was extremely nervous and he felt pressured. It was hard for him to bear at times, but he could handle it. He always responded well to pressure, ever since he was a young boy.

"This place is really nice. What are you looking to buy?" he said to her, his hand still in hers, surprisingly. He looked at her, then to the brooms, wondering what he himself should try to buy. I wonder what kind of trouble I could get into with a broom at school? he thought to himself, chuckling at the thought. He hadn't played any pranks whatsoever last year...and he looked to be a little more...mischievous this year...at least, when it came to friends. He missed all of them, but the one standing by him was probably the one he missed the most.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt was the closest he had been to genuine pure happiness than he had in a while. His new shop was thriving only after a few weeks of open business, he had met a new someone (and that someone's much older much hotter brother), his little brother was having less and less night terrors and to top everything off this weekend was Father's Day and he was closing the shop early because of a supposed surprise but his not-so-subtle sibling. Life was looking up for him, even his knee wasn't acting up as much as it had. Allowing him to roam his store freely, smiling and giving a helping hand to any who asked or looked as if they needed it. Like an older woman curiously looking at brooms. He sidled next to her and softly cleared his throat as to not startle her. "Hello ma'am, is there anything I can help you with?" Wyatt asked easily his American accent prominent.

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:58 pm
User ImageUser Image

Rosemary looked over as a young man asked if he could help. She considered telling him to shoo off, but instead resigned to ask for his help. "Actually yes, you may. My grandson wrote to me a few days ago, saying he had been selected the captain of his Quidditch team. I, of course, responded in kind, and decided to get him something or another to be of use to him. Now, I never was much a fan, but he adores it. I just have no idea what he would want, or even need." She smiled at the young man helping, noting that he was about what Dhylan had stated his height to be. Lordy, her neck would be sore after seeing that boy for the summer! "I suppose I should mention he plays Chaser, or whatever, and I need something for his little sister, who plays... Keeper, I believe."

Feeling brokenBarely holding onBut there's just something so strongSomewhere inside me
And I am down but I'll get up againDon't count me out just yet
They can say thatI won't stay aroundBut I'm gonna stand my ground
You're not gonna stop meYou don't know meYou don't know who I amDon't count me out so fast
There will be no fade outThis is not the endI'm down now
But I'll be standing tall againTimes are hard butI was built tough
I'm gonna show you all what I'm made of

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:56 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Lately I been, I been losing sleep
Dreaming about the things that we could be
But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
Said no more counting dollars
We'll be counting stars
Yeah, we'll be counting stars

↷Graduate of Salem Witches Institute ↶American Half-Blood

Wyatt nodded at her acceptance and listened to her as she spoke about her grandson and felt a twinge of deja vu but shook his head against it. He was sure there were plenty of teens who were chosen to be the captain of their Quidditch teams this upcoming year. However the mention of a little sister who played keeper set his memory off and caused a small smile on his face. "Well, for Chasers, especially one that's a Captain, I'd suggest a subscription to one of our Quidditch magazines, or perhaps some goggles. We have new ones that come with different types of charms, the most important ones being anti-fogging and weather resistance. For the Keeper, the same type of goggles and maybe a practice quaffle for the both of them to train with." Wyatt lead her over to their different racks of supplies and pointed out the select ones he had spoken of waiting for her reactions before his question managed to slip past his lips. "Would your grandson happen to be named Dhylan Nolynn?" he asked hoping he wasn't overstepping any boundaries.

Old, but I'm not that old
I couldn't lie, couldn't lie, couldn't lie

Young, but I'm not that bold
Everything that drowns me makes me wanna fly

And I don't think the world is sold
I'm just doing what we're told

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers