Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Chat and Plot Zone
Ryuu's Plotting Thread [Image Heavy] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:22 pm
Ryuukishin
belloblossom

Hello! Oohh Tenzin is such a big sweetie, I'm glad to see him around! Jin would be happy to fill the role -- he taught strangers before, on top of his own children. :D Unfortunately, classes just started up for me and I'm not taking any new roleplay requests. ): Would you be open for plotting or are you looking for roleplay only?

Normally, I'd say that I was purely looking for roleplay, but I really would like Tenzin to have some amount of self-defense in his general story, and a beginning mentor like Jin is too good to pass up.

That said, yes, I'm totally open for general plotting for these two.

Thank you very much, by the way, for getting back to me so quickly! :3  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:29 pm
belloblossom
Normally, I'd say that I was purely looking for roleplay, but I really would like Tenzin to have some amount of self-defense in his general story, and a beginning mentor like Jin is too good to pass up.

That said, yes, I'm totally open for general plotting for these two.

Thank you very much, by the way, for getting back to me so quickly! :3

Totally understandable; I used to be the same, especially when it came to friends of my ponies! But college came around and I figured out I didn't prioritize RP enough to be able to keep up with it haha. If you find another character who can fit and RPs, feel free to replace Jin! Otherwise, I'm glad you're willing to give us a go! ^^

Is there any particular way you'd like 'em to meet? Would Tenzin specifically seek a mentor, or find one out of necessity? Something else?

And thank you as well! :D

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:15 pm
Ryuukishin
belloblossom

Totally understandable; I used to be the same, especially when it came to friends of my ponies! But college came around and I figured out I didn't prioritize RP enough to be able to keep up with it haha. If you find another character who can fit and RPs, feel free to replace Jin! Otherwise, I'm glad you're willing to give us a go! ^^

Is there any particular way you'd like 'em to meet? Would Tenzin specifically seek a mentor, or find one out of necessity? Something else?

And thank you as well! :D

Well, I doubt I'd ever replace Jin. Tenzin will likely try to take in as many mentors as he can in the field of fighting. For further use, I'm thinking of making his general profession one either a Protector/Guard for a herd, or a personal bodyguard. Thus, all forms of self-defense, or more complex terms of fighting, is something I'm trying to get Tenzin into it. Like I mentioned earlier, Jin would probably be Tenzin's first mentor on his journey to this profession.

Now, as to how they would meet... Tenzin traveled throughout the Western Region, but he never goes any further than that. He frequents the deeper sections of the forest, as that's where he grew up, but one of his favorite spots to travel is to the Hot Springs nearby the mountains.

If Jin-Soo is a traveler, maybe he'd have heard of the Western Hot Springs and have gone to check them out? While relaxing there, he could notice Tenzin there as well, and the two could start polite conversation that would eventually turn into Tenzin asking for Jin's life story. If Jin mentioned teaching self defense at one point, Tenzin would jump at the chance to ask, "Will you teach me too?" and it could go from there.

What do you think about that scenario? Are there any ideas you'd like to input?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:30 am
belloblossom

That's actually pretty perfect! *0* Jin loves exploring; he's not native to the Kawani lands, but decided to stay after traveling around for a spell! He'd definitely be interested in visiting the springs and making friends!

Some notes on his teachings:
- The techniques don't focus on dealing damage so much as disabling the other party(ies) temporarily; that is, his teachings look to stop the opponent only long enough to get away (one of the reasons why he favored self-defense over other forms of fighting and didn't pursue knighthood/military work; he was raised to be a pacifist). This covers anything "dirty" (eg. the ol' kick-sand-at-their-face) that suits the goal, since in his opinion anything is fine so long as the end result is that neither party ends up permanently hurt, and that it's better to look silly than to get yourself or the other wounded. There are also different ways to trip other soquili, especially ones that can roll your opponent onto their backs so it'd take longer for 'em to get their footing and chase you, but he tries to be careful with these since horse legs can be so frail. xD; (If anything serious happens, he can ask if a unicorn or other healer can help so long as the wounded party getting healed doesn't = anyone else getting hurt. He has a plot right now to learn healing from someone else, so currently IC, he wouldn't be able to give Tenzin anything but the most basic healing advice.)
- Works with natural weapons (kicking, biting) and ones you can find, though these would depend on the environment.
- Covers different environments as well. owo)/ (Eg. Swimming at an angle in the ocean so you can (hopefully) go faster than your opponent, maneuvering in sands and heavily forested areas, etc.)

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 12:49 am
Ryuukishin
belloblossom

That's actually pretty perfect! *0* Jin loves exploring; he's not native to the Kawani lands, but decided to stay after traveling around for a spell! He'd definitely be interested in visiting the springs and making friends!

Some notes on his teachings:
- The techniques don't focus on dealing damage so much as disabling the other party(ies) temporarily; that is, his teachings look to stop the opponent only long enough to get away (one of the reasons why he favored self-defense over other forms of fighting and didn't pursue knighthood/military work; he was raised to be a pacifist). This covers anything "dirty" (eg. the ol' kick-sand-at-their-face) that suits the goal, since in his opinion anything is fine so long as the end result is that neither party ends up permanently hurt, and that it's better to look silly than to get yourself or the other wounded. There are also different ways to trip other soquili, especially ones that can roll your opponent onto their backs so it'd take longer for 'em to get their footing and chase you, but he tries to be careful with these since horse legs can be so frail. xD; (If anything serious happens, he can ask if a unicorn or other healer can help so long as the wounded party getting healed doesn't = anyone else getting hurt. He has a plot right now to learn healing from someone else, so currently IC, he wouldn't be able to give Tenzin anything but the most basic healing advice.)
- Works with natural weapons (kicking, biting) and ones you can find, though these would depend on the environment.
- Covers different environments as well. owo)/ (Eg. Swimming at an angle in the ocean so you can (hopefully) go faster than your opponent, maneuvering in sands and heavily forested areas, etc.)

Awesome! I'm glad we have a general plot in mind for whenever they end up meeting later on.

The training you've described definitely sounds like a good starting point. I think it will be good for Tenzin to learn how to defend himself and look at things from a peaceful perspective, before he goes out to learn how to hack and slash at other Soquili, should the need occur for him to use offense, as opposed to solely defensive maneuvers. cat_3nodding

Anywho, I'm heading to bed now, as I've got a busy homework-filled day tomorrow. I'll be online last in the day/evening probably around 4 or 5 PST. Shall we continue chatting then?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 1:04 am
belloblossom

Likewise! I'm glad it works for both of our characters! ♥

Sleep well! I'll be visiting my cousins tomorrow after class and I dunno how long it'll take me to drive there, but I'd love to continue when we both can! Thank you so much; have a good night!

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

-Diamond-Elephant-

Dapper Mage

11,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:55 pm
Ryuukishin

General Roleplay/Plotting

Looking For: Either - though I see you're only accepting plotting right now. Which is perfectly fine for me. c:
With: Axelle and Kestrel

User Image

Name: Nemain
Personality: Copy paste from my teepee:
Loyal... to a point - From a young age she understood that it was her duty to fight for the herd, to die for the herd. That as a kalona she was to uphold the beliefs that kalona were to be feared and were above all else, and that if any were to disagree they were to be taken down. She also knew, while still very young, that she did not wholly agree with the alpha and protector. As she has aged and witnessed many a senseless battle and needless death her loyalties to the herd have weakened. Nemain has always been one to give her loyalty to the causes and those she believes are deserving of it, unless she sees little to no point and does not believe, then her loyalties are soon severed.

Conflicted - The herd is all Nemain has ever known, raised by her grandfather from a very young age, her parents the victims of a skirmish between the herd and a herd of lessers. Her grandfather taught her much, a staunch believer in the supremacy of kalona with a general disdain for lessers, though not quite the savage hate of some. The death of her parents sowed the seeds of doubt in her mind, she began to question her loyalties to the alpha and protector and their decisions. The knowledge of a building coup piqued her interests. On the one hoof she felt duty bound to tell the alpha, but on the other she felt a certain tug, a pull towards their cause. But this was her herd, she could not betray her herd, betray the alpha. Yet with the death of her grandfather during one of the battles between the kawani, she now knew what she was to do. Rebel.

Proud - Nemain is proud of what she is, of being kalona. She knows that they are an impressive race to be admired, to be feared. Though she does not hold the same disdain for the lessers as others in her herd did. In truth she shows only the barest of interest in them, paying them little mind. The outright hatred some bore for the lessers, as well as the lengths they would go to destroy them baffled her. After all, they often had no prior conflict. So why the needless chaos? To spread fear into the hearts of all with the mere mention of kalona? There were other ways to achieve that.

Calculative, calm, yet vicious - Nemain is not the easily angered sort, rather she is one to keep a level head in battle or in an argument. She feels blind rage often leads you to a disadvantage, or worse. A calculative mare who tends to assess a situation before choosing to dive in, finding ways to twist it in her favor and make an enemy stumble into her trap. In battle, and sometimes out of, Nemain exhibits a cool savagery and a collected viciousness, something you'd be wise not to be on the receiving end of.

Biography: Nemain came from the great kalona herd that had invaded the Kawani lands, she was also part of the rebellion that caused the eventual split of the herd. Since the great split Nemain has been wandering the Kawani lands by herself, on occasion coming across various soquili, but it's safe to say she's feeling a little lost and without purpose at this moment in time.
Details:
Axelle: The reunion plot. I thought it might be quite interesting for the two to interact since they were both part of the rebellion from the great kalona herd. While they may not have necessarily ran in the same circles when part of the herd, I think Nemain would be a little pleased to see a somewhat familiar face in this unfamiliar land.

Kestrel: I have nothing particularly specific, but he sounds like a very interesting character, and one with a interesting look about him! Nemain hasn't known much else outside of the great kalona herd, so coming to the Kawani lands has been an interesting experience to say the least. One full of soquili kinds the likes of which she's never seen before. I think she'd find Kestrel rather intriguing and an interaction with him might help change her views on what she considered lessers (be it for better or for worse). If you'd perhaps be up for that? ovo  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:23 pm
-Diamond-Elephant-

@Axelle: shdkahsd I wanted to offer plotting with Ax for her in your plot thread, but I wasn't sure if you were fine with plot only. xD Thank you so much for posting here!

I think Nemain would be great for the Reunion plot! They can see how far they've come since the fall of the Great Herd and, by interacting with one another, perhaps realize how much they, personally, have changed as well.

I was also wondering if you'd be interested in seeing if they were lovemate-compatible? Axelle's first breeding (IC, that is; she's yet to win a breeding slot OOC haha) was with a kalona hybrid; she wasn't pleased about that, of course -- not only was he not a pureblood, but he was clearly part kirin as well. But he was a manipulative stallion, and cruel; he knew that her having his children would destroy her reputation if it didn't get her killed. She was still young, and eventually agreed to a union. When she became pregnant, she hid from the herd and ditched her offspring to return as soon as possible. She always worried that somehow they survived and would find her, to get revenge for their abandonment and destroy her standing in the Great Herd. The herd is gone now, but she still doesn't know if she wishes they'd lived or died.

Her second partner was part of the Great Herd; together, they rose to great prominence with her wits and his strength. However, he won a battle against Ax's brother and ate him to omit his weakness from the herd. Ax and Nemain share a similarity in this regard; that is, the death of her family (her mother and sister were killed earlier) was one of the reasons why she supported the rebellion.

She's had no partners since then; she was busy helping her father with the coup and then the huge fight, not to mention drama with her second partner (who was loyal to the herd and wasn't aware of how involved Ax was in the rebellion). With the herd gone, she began exploring various parts of the Kawani lands to get insight as to how different breeds behave. She's figuring out that the similarities between breeds are much greater than their differences, but she's still got a lifetime of Great Herd philosophy to get over. xD

@Kestrel: Yes! He could definitely use some more interaction, and it sounds like he'd enjoy her company, too! It's possible they could have met shortly after the herd disbands; his interest in any kalona would be piqued after all the attention (and bloodshed, woops) they'd garnered. >v>

I'm also super conflicted about the plotting only thing haha. <_< If you were interested in trying any of them together for a potential partnership then I do prefer RP for that, though having a solid plot is more than fine with me, too. Do you RP over IM by any chance?

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

-Diamond-Elephant-

Dapper Mage

11,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:09 am
Ryuukishin

@Axelle: Aaah thank you! I've been eyeing Axelle and your plot thread for a while and have been meaning to post, but I'm afraid I'm a bit shy so thus is why I've only just gotten around to it now, haha. xD Aw you're welcome. But yeah just plotting is fine for me, I'm currently back at college so that tends to take up most of my time and energy.

Mm that sounds good. Even though they were both part of the coup, I still think Nemain will be a little bit surprised to find that their views have changed in a similar fashion in regards to other soquili, and such will give them a lot to talk about when they meet up.

Oh certainly! I'd be interested in testing the waters out between the two. Axelle is a very pretty mare, and she sounds very interesting too! Plus I think their shared history would work as well. Being an observant mare I imagine Nemain might have noticed Axelle's departure from the herd for the time, but she more likely than not would have kept such observations to herself. Aah she's certainly been through the trenches in both life and love. I can understand her uncertainty in regards to her kids, I mean how do you even begin to tackle that? xD

In regards to relationships and the like, while Nemain has had some interest in others, it has never gone beyond that. Whenever any potential partners came about she would brush them off. In part due to her being committed to her role as a scout for the herd, but also in part to her secretly being an awkward goof when it comes to relationships. They're not a thing she's a 100% sure how to tackle, haha. Battle? Pfft that's fine, but love? We just don't know.

Nemain was pretty loyal to the herd, so I think her joining the coup might have come as a surprise to some. However, things had began to wear on her, and her grandfather's death was the catalyst that ultimately caused her to join the rebellion. Yeah, she too is coming to such a conclusion, but like Axelle the teachings of the herd are rooted pretty deep.

@Kestrel: Awesome! Cool cool, sounds good to me. At that point Nemain was pretty wary about everyone she met, mainly because kalona weren't exactly everyone's favourites during that time. That and she's in some place unfamiliar. Ohffft. While he's interested in her due to being a kalona, she's interested in him because 'what even are you?'.

Oh haha. xD Yeah I'd be interested with trying either out. I do indeed rp over IM! Skype or AIM, either or. My info is the same for both: Funny_Colored_Sushi@hotmail.com c:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:50 am
-Diamond-Elephant-

Haha, aww; but definitely much braver than I, to have made the first post! ♥ And just plotting works for me!

@Axelle: Sounds like a rad starting point! IC, I think they could've formally met while the rebels were holding secret meetings?

And haha, Nemain's so cute! Ax's father held a high position in the herd so, unlike Nemain, she's used to attention and can navigate around quite well, both with groups (eg. tactics/strategies) and individually (eg. among social circles). Well, when it comes to elitist kalona, at least. She's been doing her best to play nice while she explores, but for some reason, everyone keeps getting offended! (She has a very haughty, forward way of speaking that was considered "pleasant" in a herd that valued the wielding and display of power. Of course, the average soq doesn't appreciate it. XD)

@Kestrel: Awwyeah, mutual curiosity. B) He'd enjoy peppering her with questions and wouldn't mind if she asked any in turn; if he notices he's asking anything too invasive or upsetting (I say "if" since I remember from her description that she's pretty well in control of her emotions), he wouldn't care enough to stop unless she tells him to directly. He's like a weed, haha; he'll try to wheedle through any crack (that is, uncertainty) presented to him, but if there's no footing, he won't press the issue.

Was there any particular outcome you were hoping for? On whether he raises her view of lessers or lowers it? If so, I could think of a scenario that would allow that to take place; if not, we could just throw 'em in a brief conversational RP and see where it goes?

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

-Diamond-Elephant-

Dapper Mage

11,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:53 pm
Ryuukishin

Aw haha thank you, but at least we're plotting now though. xD. I mean either or is fine, whatever is good for yourself. :'v. But like I said, I tend to be kind of busy with college at the moment so will be quite slow with rp. I'll probably be quicker with AIM rp, however.

@Axelle: Awesome. Yeah that sounds like a good idea. Shared some formal greetings perhaps amongst plan making for the coup.

Haha, aw thank you! Nemain would just snort and shake her head at being called cute. Ignore her. Ah cool cool. Nemain is used to sticking to the background and following orders. While she's perfectly fine in working with groups, she prefers not to be in the limelight. I think in that regard Axelle would be a good balance for Nemain. Yeah being on her own and in an unfamiliar place, Nemain has taken to being very careful around those she meets, she'd rather not get into a sticky situation that might see her at a big disadvantage. Ffhfh aw bless, Axelle sounds wonderful. I'm sure Nemain will find her way of speaking quite pleasant and familiar.

@Kestrel: She'll probably pick and choose which questions she answers, but will take said questions in her stride. She'll also definitely fire a few questions at him in return, for one she's curious and for another she likes to know things just in case they prove useful to her in the long run. Oh gosh a weed, haha. They are somewhat similar in that regard, given the chance Nemain likes to try and turn most situations in her favor.

In the long run I would like for her view of lessers to be raised, and for her to gradually get over her prejudices. It maay take a bit of time though, deep rooted teachings and all xD. But if you have an idea then I'd love to hear it!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2014 4:10 am
-Diamond-Elephant-

SO SORRY FOR THE LATE RESPONSE. I accidentally closed out of the tab and because I have the memory of a goldfish, I completely forgot about it until I saw Nemain in the LR again... lays down and never gets back up. (Also, I hope you're enjoying your time in NY!)

Sounds great! We can just leave it at plots for now, but we can let each other know if we're feeling particularly musey for RP?

@Axelle: Bahaha, if Nemain's the obedient type, Ax wouldn't mind. I could see Ax getting more pushy since she's used to being in a powerful position, and there aren't many outside of the initial herd who wouldn't willingly follow her. Maybe it begins to grate on Nemain enough that she speaks out? Ax could learn to be more considerate of others after that, and Nemain could get some experience with asserting herself?

@Kestrel: Awesome, all right! I think there are two types of events that could help with that; please let me know which you prefer, or if you'd rather something else!

• Meeting lessers she respects, or at least one that isn't a stereotypical lesser (weak, stupid, etc.).
    For this, they could come across a former loyalist? I can totally see Kes dragging her right into that one. <_< He'd initially be more interested in getting more of the story than Nemain's safety, so if he knew that she and the loyalist were on opposing sides of the same herd, then he'd try to get more of the story out of the loyalist to have different perspectives he can compare. When things come to a boil, he can help her diffuse the situation, help chase the loyalist off, or help make an escape?
  • Meeting lessers she hates.
    This is actually what Ax did. After her first mate, she was like "wow, anyone can be a huge a*****e if they want to be," and I guess believing everyone has the potential to be Terrible People is one step closer to believing that everyone are just People. xD If we go this route then Nemain and Kes could get into a dispute that leads to a fight, and he could be the one to give her the broken wing that's mentioned in one of her plots? (Before he's unceremoniously chased off haha. He specializes in the hunting of wild animals, not soquili; he wouldn't have the experience that she does.) I could see the event making her more receptive to meeting a former herd member if you needed a reason for that.

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

-Diamond-Elephant-

Dapper Mage

11,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:04 pm
Ryuukishin

Haha not to worry! It's fine, I've been more or less without internet access whilst away so it's alright. xD. (Just got back from NY today, it was wonderful! Thank you. I had a lot of fun, got to see lots of nice things and get a few souvenirs and such.)

Sure that sounds good to me.

@Axelle: She's obedient to a point xD. Until such as a time when she thinks your orders are no longer worth following. Aw bless, yeah I can see that happening. More so Nemain giving Ax a look, followed by a somewhat snarky comment. That sounds pretty good, it would also help with showing them that things have indeed begun to change. We're not in Kansas anymore. /bricked.

@Kestrel: Awesome.

I quite like the sound of the first one. I can see Nemain being wary of engaging a loyalist, lest the encounter turn nasty. However, on the other hand I think she'd find Kestrel's curiosity and need for information in regards to the invasion/split/etc partly interesting, due to the fact that she herself is one who prefers to be well informed should said info benefit her in the long run. Yet she'd also find his way of going about gaining the information bothersome and a test of her patience. I imagine, depending on the loyalist, the situation might boil over and thus lead them into a scuffle. Something she'd rather avoid but will deal with. Depending on the outcome she'd probably just sneer and snort at him for getting them into such a situation.

The second plot also sounds pretty interesting though. :'0.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:55 am
-Diamond-Elephant-

Aww, I'm glad to hear that! ♥

@Axelle: Sounds rad! 8D Based on their plots so far, could I ask what kind of relationship you were interested in? Friends, monogamous couple, couple with open relationship, something else? (If you're unsure, we can just start off as friends and go from there. :D I'm fine with anything; I'd just prefer to confirm a status since I've been considering breeding partners for her and I wanted to know what kind of position she would be in IC haha.)

@Kestrel: Bahahaha I was worried about that! I wasn't sure if her being exasperated with him at the end would contribute to her having a better outlook on "lessers," but I suppose it wouldn't lower it? xD

Ryuukishin

Man-Hungry Fatcat

-Diamond-Elephant-

Dapper Mage

11,100 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:08 am
Ryuukishin

@Axelle: Awesome. I think Nemain would be more of the monogamous type for the most part with the occasional openness so long as it's cleared with everyone, but as far as affection goes, Axelle would be the only one Nemain would show any too. (Does that sound alright? Idk. I think they'd potentially make a sweet/interesting pair if you'd be interested in trying them out.)

@Kestrel: No it wouldn't lower it xD. I think she'd just expect such behavior of a ''lesser'' more than anything else.

Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff