Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
☆ Moved! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:02 pm
Based on the Marketplace's instability and Gaia's lack of understanding of what constitutes things like "value" or "sales" or "customer service," I can't say I blame you at all. Thank you for taking the pledge and helping make a difference.

Retired Fisherman
I will pledge this as well. I regret the massive amounts of money I've spent on this site.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:14 pm
I reckon I should participate in our guild's conversations and events as well. I only showed up to one NSTG get-together in the 6+ months of being part of the guild.
Ebania
Based on the Marketplace's instability and Gaia's lack of understanding of what constitutes things like "value" or "sales" or "customer service," I can't say I blame you at all. Thank you for taking the pledge and helping make a difference.

Retired Fisherman
I will pledge this as well. I regret the massive amounts of money I've spent on this site.

Retired Fisherman

Fuzzy Streaker

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 11:15 pm
You're always welcome to do so! smile

Retired Fisherman
I reckon I should participate in our guild's conversations and events as well. I only showed up to one NSTG get-together in the 6+ months of being part of the guild.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:25 am
            Ugh. I feel this. So much.

I PLEDGE! ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ

Since the inflation I just didn't even want to bother with Gaia anymore.
            But I came back for my rp guilds and rp buddies. Probably the only
            thing that keeps me here nowadays

And I too regret the amount of money I've wasted here. I also regret
            selling my precious old items for gold just to get all these new items...
            ( TДT) I hate myself....

Fool the Gander

Shameless Perfectionist

Ebania
Crew

Sarcastic Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:44 am
Hey Gandering! Long time no see. Thank you for taking the pledge and doing your small part in making Gaia a better place. emotion_hug

Gandering Fool
            Ugh. I feel this. So much.

I PLEDGE! ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ

Since the inflation I just didn't even want to bother with Gaia anymore.
            But I came back for my rp guilds and rp buddies. Probably the only
            thing that keeps me here nowadays

And I too regret the amount of money I've wasted here. I also regret
            selling my precious old items for gold just to get all these new items...
            ( TДT) I hate myself....

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:17 am
I too support this! I will admit that I also have purchased gold sinks in order to get some items I really wanted sweatdrop . But I'm done. This inflation needs to stop and we need to rally every gaian together so we can stop these inflations!!

kova_bwoon

Friendly Bear

8,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:50 am
kova_bwoon
I too support this! I will admit that I also have purchased gold sinks in order to get some items I really wanted sweatdrop . But I'm done. This inflation needs to stop and we need to rally every gaian together so we can stop these inflations!!

I think a good number of people have done this. I know I have, to either complete a quest for myself or help a friend out with an otherwise impossible quest.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:03 am
I PLEDGE! ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ I GIVE YOU MY ALLEGIANCE
Cosplaying on Gaia is completely worthless, now that we can't afford anything. I made this avi before everything went bad, and I think even I was lucky. Items that were once under a million are now worth two, three, even four mil, and that pisses me off so much. I'm just here for the roleplaying now, really.

So, have this SNK gif:
User Image

User 33251061

Space Seraph

14,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Nil Aria

Kawaii Vampire

9,700 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Hero 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:35 am
Ebania
As of right now, there is no signing up/pleding process, but thank you for posting to indicate your support! emotion_bigheart

ReL-Coeli
Where do I sign up? 3nodding

I signed a petition over at Site Feedback in the Forums. Perhaps we should make some more noise biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:17 am
I pledge to make a difference on Gaia!
Over my long years of activity on Gaia I have spent many thousands of dollars (yes, thousands) on Gaia Cash to buy monthly collectibles and rare release item bundles.
I do not condone the use of Gold Generators and I believe they are ruining the Gaian economy and making it impossible for newer players to get involved in Gaia.
I pledge that I will not purchase any Gaia Cash until a change has been made.
I will spend my $250+ on other things instead of giving it to Gaia. I will continue to boycott these ridiculous Gold generators and will encourage my guild mates and friends on
Gaia to do the same.
Sincerely,
LaLune Serene
Loyal Gaia user since 2004  

laluneserene

Wicked Wife

34,800 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Are You Jelly? 500

Cognitohazard

Mind-boggling Abomination

19,575 Points
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Nerd 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:42 am
I'm taking the pledge!

Also, I've got a bit of an idea:
How's about we users make our own gold sink?
Gold would be sent to a mule, which would then spend all of it on gold shop items which would be horded on the account.
That would ensure that the gold stays out of the economy.
(However, if there's a user with a particularly hard quest, do you think it would be a good idea to give a gold shop item to them in order to help? Redistribution of wealth may help the economy as well.)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:42 am
U got my pledge... I've been saying it's unfair 2 us that can't afford 2 spend RL Money... I have bought them in the past 2 sell in the market, but the only way I got them was 2 save like crazy from watching videos, & they've got 2 where they don't even work half the time.... I do remember the good old days of making gold the hard way... They didn't have gaia cash & I've never bought gaia cash myself.... My money has 2 go on more important RL stuff...  

Morrigan Skylar

Greedy Smoker

26,475 Points
  • Tree's the Season 100
  • Skilled Decorator 100
  • Professional Decorator 250

DGeoff

Tipsy Hunter

7,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:56 am
I was saving up for something that was only worth a few millions (a friend of mine who quit a few years back said it was actually only about 300k-500k before.. burning_eyes ) last December, now they're around hundreds of millions.. emo
I'm kinda happy that the things that I bought and won for a few hundred thousands since I last log in are in millions now (I like to see the large numbers.. sweatdrop ) but everything else increased in value as well so they're kinda useless...

And what's with the cash shop updates every fifteen minutes? Like, "Hey, look at all the things you can't afford because you don't have Gaia cash!" I see where their priorities are set. emotion_donotwant  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 11:00 am
I take the pledge as well! I bought a few at first when they were still new, but then realized how horrible it was for our economy and stopped a few months ago. But I'd like to officially state my commitment here, thank you for posting this!  

Lady Kikila

Welcoming Guildswoman

27,040 Points
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Generous 100
  • Helpful Healer 50

kanxiaru

Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:46 pm

i was one of the first to comment, BUT I FORGOT TO PLEDGE
EDFHUKDKDFC
I PLEDGE!