Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour ~ Open ~ (Now Hiring) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:17 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy chuckled silently and mimicked his friend's shrug before giving a response. "Not necessarily, it just means someone who doesn't change their ways easily. And you're mum is definitely right." He grinned cheekily as he slid the note over towards Benjamin before going back and slurping the last few dregs of his float. He was glad he had chosen the ice cream soda it was amazing! Maybe next time he could try the butterbeer flavor. He snapped out of his ice cream thoughts to listen to Benjamin's decision to take the minimal amount of electives. He had honestly thought Tanya would do the same but she had surprised him with her lengthy list of extra classes. Maybe his friend would do the same once he saw the complete list? He gave a silent snort when he spoke about the deadlines or "guidelines" as he called them. "Let's just hope you don't take that same approach to homework or I might have to tie you down to a chair eventually."

After the all commotion, [Casual]
Ruffle and rustle, [Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor]
Saw I silence, [Seymour]
All quiet and silently [Conversing and getting ice cream]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:31 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Wand: Curupay Wood with a Pixie Wing Core, Pliable and Bent
Blood: three-quarters magical
Upcoming 1st Year

-----------------------------------------------------------

"Of course I don't take that approach about homework," Benjamin said feigning offense before saying more seriously with a shrug, "I'm more of the just don't do it ever type than getting it done ever, even in using my own time schedule." He seriously hoped that Timothy was joking about tying him down in a chair to do homework. That sounded like absolute torture. Actually, he hoped his mother didn't ever get wind of that idea-though he wondered if she had already considered it. He did happen to skip out of the school work she gave him at a high frequency rate.

Benjamin paused looked at Timothy with mock suspicion and said, "Did Mum hire you or put you up to this? You are agreeing way too much with her."

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:43 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy gave an exaggerated sigh of relief when Benjamin seemed offended that he would turn in his homework late before smacking his palm to his face when he instead spoke of not doing it. He was officially looking up the sticking charm when he got his textbooks. He was also going to make it his mission that whatever houses they got, even if they were separate, that he would find Benjamin and bribe him if need be to do most of his homework. If his mom was as scary as she seemed, he'd thank him eventually. At the suspicion the shorter boy developed a blank face while writing down his reply. "Oh no. Darn. You've caught me. How will I ever receive those discounted books now?" he could practically feel his sarcasm rising from the page while he snickered inwardly.

Saw I silence, [Seymour]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:57 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Upcoming 1st Year

"Sure. But unless you already got the discount I'd be concerned," Seymour chuckled, "My Mum is a businesswoman and she takes using technicalities to an art. Make sure to get those promised discounts up front or in writing or something soon if you haven't already."

He shook his head still chuckling, "And trust me on this, I've been home-schooled all my life by my Mum. If she can't get me to do homework regularly, I doubt you can. What can I say? I'm 'incorrigible', right?"

Benjamin could tell he was going to have so much fun giving Timothy grief just by doing his typical antics. Benjamin was generally too laid back to do any pranks that required work but if he could cause havoc just by doing what he would do normally-or not do (since they were talking about homework completion)-he saw it as a win every time.

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy made his eyes go wide and his jaw drop in mock shock and even placed a hand against his chest as Benjamin spoke about his mum the ultimate businesswoman possibly doing him over. "All those wasted man hours! Everything was for naught!" he scribbled keeping with his betrayed facade. Not being able to keep up the joke any longer he began laughing, the only sounds coming out were the occasional squeaks or an odd hiss. Whenever they happened he would usually stop and blush with embarrassment but he was honestly enjoying himself and hoped that Benjamin wouldn't find it too weird or creepy. When Timothy finally calmed down and heard the rest of his friend's comment, he raised an eyebrow at him before writing down his response. "I feel like you're going to give me grey hair before I'm fourteen. Has it been seven years already?"

Saw I silence, [Seymour]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 3:33 am
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Upcoming 1st Year

"Meh, you'll probably get at least a 2 percent discount for your work," Benjamin joked laughing and glanced over at Timothy as he heard from Timothy a few squeeks and noise. It threw Benjamin off for the slightest second but Benjamin decided at least Timothy was saying something aloud-well, sort of. That could only be good right? Besides laughter and humor tended to be a fairly universal thing.

When Timothy wrote down the comment about grey hair before he was fourteen, Benjamin shrugged, "Mum has been saying that about me and Dad for years. Dad says the same thing about me and Mum. Neither of them are gray as far as I can tell. And I've never heard about either dying their hair to manage grays. Maybe you can ask them on their secrets to keep away gray. Or maybe I'm not that bad..." He ended with a chuckle.

"Seriously though, homework is generally boring and feels like busy work," Benjamin added. "Why just do extra work because someone thinks you should have homework just because?"

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:11 am

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy silently snorted at his friend's joke and wondered that if he could get him to do his homework that his mother would give him a slight discount. It was worth a shot he supposed. He listened as Benjamin explained away any chance that he might get gray hairs and rolled his eyes as his conclusion was that he wasn't "that bad." Then they were back to talking about the pro's and con's of homework and he thought the same about homework, that it was mainly busy work especially for those who already understood the subject. But that didn't stop him from doing it, on the off chance that the professor graded it. So he wrote it down for him to read. "I agree that homework is nothing but busy work, but I doubt it's there because the professors were like 'Hmm, I wonder how we can cut our students weekend in half.'"

Saw I silence, [Seymour]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:23 am
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Upcoming 1st Year

"Wait our weekend is supposed to be cut in half if we actually doing our homework?" Seymour said staring. "Even Mum isn't that sadistic about assigning schoolwork to me..." He shook his head and decided, "Yep, I'm totally not doing homework I have way better things to do with my time. Say sleep, figuring out the entire castle grounds set up, figure out how exactly my Dad got banned from the library for a few weeks during his fourth year at Hogwarts, practice spells I'm actually interested in... things like that. The typical important stuff."

"And even if I do decide to do an occasional homework assignment, what does it matter about when I turn it in as long as it is completed and turned in eventually? Or at least before the end of the year?" Seymour said before ending in disbelief. "You seriously are willing to do that much busy work? That's just disturbing."

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:58 am

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy shrugged at the question not really knowing if professors were that cruel or not. He really hoped they weren't because he really really wanted to explore Hogwarts. Apparently there was a secret passageway to the kitchens and if you figured it out, the elves would feed you like crazy! Plus there was also the Forbidden Forest, the random hallways and passageways and...his dad did what?! "How in the world does one get banned from the library?! Did he charm the books to follow people spouting seventeenth century poetry?" Now that he thought about it, he could admit that the idea seemed sort of funny. But not if it gets him banned from the library! Timothy rolled his eyes again as Benjamin spoke more about either not doing his homework or just turning it in by the end of the year. He could practically feel the gray hair starting to sprout on the back of his head. At the question he paused before penning a response. "No, well I mean, I hope not. In the past I would, do, but that's mainly because no one would really want to hang out with me." he tried to grin sheepishly but it came out more as a grimace.

Saw I silence, [Seymour]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:40 am
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Upcoming 1st Year

"I don't know, whenever it has been mentioned Mum can't stop laughing about the whole thing and Dad looks fairly horrified about it," Seymour answered about his Dad's temporary ban from the library. "Like I said, I need to find out how he accomplished the feat."

He smiled and leaned back to see the second note Timothy wrote with a bit of a pause explaining his past study habits were more of something to keep him busy from boredom since people avoided him. It sort of logically made sense why many wouldn't hang out with Timothy-the rhythm of typical conversation was thrown off with Timothy only apparently able to write everything down-not that it was fair. People could be jerks, though.

Benjamin frowned slightly as he stared at his friend's first sheepish attempt at a grim that was essentially a grimace. "Till a couple years ago at most I lived where anyone my own age spoke what was my second language at best. Mum and Dad generally used English at home-but out and about it was either Guarani or Spanish you heard. Keeping up where communication isn't as easy for another one can be tiring for some people."

He sighed and looked away and ended bluntly using Spanish to describe the manners of some people instead of English, "And people are sometimes cabrónes." He couldn't think of a better way to put it and just hoped the sentiment didn't get completely lost in translation. People could be pretty horrible, it was true no matter what term you used to define them.

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:16 pm

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy smothered another snort just thinking about what could have his dad horrified about what he had done. He had hoped that Benjamin hadn't noticed his pause or grimace but he could see that he had. He waited for the usual derision to happen but instead he explained about living in a country with a major language barrier and that some people were just, well, he didn't really know what that word meant but he could guess its implication. His grin turned true at his friend's words and he nodded in acceptance that there were just mean and stupid people out in the world, and he was happy to know he hadn't found one of them. "Thanks. And do I want to know what that word means?" he wrote teasingly.

Saw I silence, [Seymour]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 12:33 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Upcoming 1st Year

Seymour turned back to see Timothy's reaction to his assessment about people in general. When he saw his friend began to grin and looked down at the note where Timothy thanked him and joked about not wanting to know the exact definition of 'cabrónes'. Seymour smiled and said, "Probably not. Dad said it was one of the first words he learned in Spanish though thanks to his work and a very unhappy patient he had for about a month. If Dad was better at charms he might have thought to use a cheering charm or something on the guy. Then again I don't know if there is a good way you are supposed to take recovering from dragonpox."

"Anyways, are you done? You want to go see if you can weasel out that discount you were promised from my Mum?" Seymour joked. "Actually, she discounts everything during the summer for Hogwarts or upcoming Hogwarts students. And we do technically have a trade-in option so we have a fairly decent selection of used books. I'll be snagging one of those because if I'm lucky some upperclassman left notes or something to save me time in it."

Seymour shrugged, happy that Timothy had come into his Mum's shop when he had and made his presence known by ruining the display Seymour had worked on earlier. Besides by knocking down the display Seymour got a 'I told you so' in to his mum for once, got some laughs, and since it was a customer his mum wouldn't really even be annoyed in the end about it. It was a win all around.

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:18 pm

Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy chuckled silently as Benjamin explained the origin of the word and greed that he was probably better off not knowing. He did wince in sympathy though for the poor guy who had dragonpox, that sounded miserable. At his friend's question he grinned and nodded placing the spoon back into the now empty ice cream glass before standing and putting in the proper place for dirty dishes. He didn't really need the whole first year selection of books considering he had asked Tanya if she could use her's but there were still some science fiction books that he needed to locate. Although he did roll his eyes once more as Benjamin admitted to getting a used book only for any notes he might be lucky to get. "I wish you luck on finding that treasure. And if you think I can get a discount on a sci-fi fiction novel, please lead the way!"

Saw I silence, [Seymour]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]

mc2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:56 pm
User Image
Seymour Benjamin Ryans
[UNSORTED]

Upcoming 1st Year

"Ten percent discount on any products or services last I heard. Mum takes it off at the register," Seymour said with a smile as they returned their dirty glasses to the proper place. "And, knowing Mum she'll probably keep doing a major single item discount for every O received on your OWLs or NEWTs for future reference. Of course, even if I managed to get some score like that I'm fairly sure Mum will refuse to give me a discount. There's no winning with her, I swear. You would think she'd encourage me to take advantage of purchasing things a book store would have."

He shrugged, "Though Mum generally just stocks non-fiction and I'm fairly sure certain books she refuses to stock or even order on principle. Guess that's the perk of owning your own shop you can do that sort of thing. There is a fun non-fiction book on taming tigers though I shelved a couple weeks ago!"

With a big smile Seymour led the way towards the exit of the shop with a happy humming. Timothy was fun to be around. It would be nice to be around more of his peers to when school started, even if it was further north than London. And, if people shunned Timothy it was their own loss-even if Seymour was a bit concerned about the boy's determination to try and get him to study more than he intended to. That would just probably give his friend more stress than he should have to deal with.

Yukina101

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 6:49 pm
User Image
User Image

яανєи¢ℓαω αℓυмиιυиємρℓσує∂ мυѕι¢ιαи

I'd like to make myself believe
That planet Earth turns slowly
It's hard to say that I'd rather stay awake when I'm asleep
'Cause everything is never as it seems

Milo sat outside the ice cream shop, strumming lazily on his guitar. He was determined to figure out this song, as evidenced by the coffee and tea stained rings on his sheet music. He bit the tip of his tongue, the sound not quite what he was wanting. He sipped his chocolate milkshake, sighing. It was hard work to try and think of music, even if it was for a great cause. The male offered a treat to the owl sitting beside him, petting the bird's feathers. "I'll get it Kevin. You trust me on that." He went back to strumming, with the occasional pause to jot down notes.

Leave my door open just a crack
'Cause I feel like such an insomniac
Why do I tire of counting sheep?
When I'm far too tired to fall asleep

Maiya Kajuji

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items