Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Chat and Plot Zone
Lapsang Pony Conversation/backstory Hub Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yumitoko II
Crew

Eloquent Genius

14,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 6:25 am
Revel1984
Shay thinks that TWO midwives is fantastic, so much better than one, especially if there's more than a couple of pregnant mares around. Shay would push for even MORE Midwives to share tips and stories, because that would be a brilliant addition to the herd, so says the king-for-a-day .. lmfaooooo XD
I agree with Shay. x'D
It's sorta what you'd get in real life anyways, how many nurses and midwives work on a ward together? I think collaboration is brilliant for herd life. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:49 am
Yumitoko II
CitrusCupcake

I was thinking of having Chocolat join the troupe, and she is going to be a midwife (I had it mind when I was picking her temper XD), so that may be covered but I'm sure she wouldn't be above swapping stories and information with your mare
Luljeta's a collaborator so that would work perfectly fine, if you read the entry from the partnered RP contest you'll see that she's perfectly happy to work with others in her field and other professions too. biggrin

Another midwife would be great because 2 sets of hands is always better than one. I'm writing up a profile for her but if you'd like to read the entry that me and Sweeny did in the partnered RP contest that would be great. You can find that here.

I had it in mind that Luljeta should be a midwife because of the tea she's based off. ^^
Her name is Albanian for flower of life too, I thought an Albanian name might fit because of where a lot of raspberry leaves for the tea are sourced from Albania.

If you could tell me a little more about your mare maybe we could set some nice plots in motion. biggrin

Chocolat's first priority is always the expectant mares in her care, she looks to be a source of comfort in what can be a confusing and scary time, (first time mothers particularly) yet she has an air of confidence & certainty that tells any mother she midwives for that she knows what she is doing and can handle any birthing curve balls.

She's basically a matronly midwife. She doesn't take any crap though, and if you become a nuisance she will tell you, especially if it is negatively affecting one of her mothers. Which means if you're a clingy/overbearing father you will be told to back off, although conversely she has no time for absentee fathers (she's quite traditional in her values).

She will welcome a helping hoof, though she would want the relationship to be very professional around expectant mothers so that they are always assured that both know what they are doing

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:17 am
Yumi's mare is professional, she's also a midwife, just as much as your mare is citrus.

Please excuse me from jumping in here, but it almost feels like you're trying to overshadow Yumi's mare's responsibilities as a midwife. I'm positive she wouldn't interfere with your mare's business, and would be a valuable colleague to your mare. I don't know about her thoughts on fathers though, lol that's up to Yumi's mare.

Love you both, please don't think i'm trying to be mean.

edit - Both your mares priorities are the mares, that's a good thing right?! i know i had more than one midwife looking after me when i was pregnant/giving birth and they seemed very jovial with each other, even friends.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:58 am
Revel1984
Yumi's mare is professional, she's also a midwife, just as much as your mare is citrus.

Please excuse me from jumping in here, but it almost feels like you're trying to overshadow Yumi's mare's responsibilities as a midwife. I'm positive she wouldn't interfere with your mare's business, and would be a valuable colleague to your mare. I don't know about her thoughts on fathers though, lol that's up to Yumi's mare.

Love you both, please don't think i'm trying to be mean.

edit - Both your mares priorities are the mares, that's a good thing right?! i know i had more than one midwife looking after me when i was pregnant/giving birth and they seemed very jovial with each other, even friends.

I'm not trying to overshadow anything, I'm stating exactly how my mare is, and she would be professional, and would expect anyone else to be the same. That's who she is. And she wouldn't know what Yumi's mare was like until she had the opportunity to a) meet her and b) work with her.

edit: And notice that I said 'around expectant mothers'
It's quite possible that they would become very firm friends after a period of getting to know one another, and have a relaxed relationship outside of what she sees as her duty, but whilst acting as a midwife she prefers to work in the way she works.

CitrusCupcake

Tiny Bookworm

24,415 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Tipsy 100
  • Streaker 200

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:20 pm
CitrusCupcake
I'm not trying to overshadow anything, I'm stating exactly how my mare is, and she would be professional, and would expect anyone else to be the same. That's who she is. And she wouldn't know what Yumi's mare was like until she had the opportunity to a) meet her and b) work with her.

edit: And notice that I said 'around expectant mothers'
It's quite possible that they would become very firm friends after a period of getting to know one another, and have a relaxed relationship outside of what she sees as her duty, but whilst acting as a midwife she prefers to work in the way she works.

No worries then hun, it was hard to figure what you actually meant, words on a screen and stuff don't show intent behind them, maybe the wording was just what made it feel that way? I was sure that wasn't what you actually meant, just what it seemed, is all. Plots and rp between the two midwives will be fun to watch smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:31 pm
Multiple midwives would most definitely be welcome, just as a bunch of healers in general would be welcome biggrin Like some of the other herds/groups/cultures I've made or had some sort of major influence on, the Faire is a lot bigger than just those who actively own characters that are a part of it, and they would need medical booths in several locations for first aide and emergencies as well as a clinic area on the side for longer term issues that can be put to the side for it, such as accidents happening during shows, tournaments, the battle recreation or even the LARP days where people are encouraged to make up characters and join the battle with padded play-weapons or fabric bags full of little beans for 'magic spells'.

Having multiple master midwives join in or at least active would also be immensely useful, and would allow them both to get days off, as well as allowing those who specialize a bit more in one thing vs the other (Such as Yumi's girl who, with claws, could weave her own baskets or help place the foals into them with greater ease, while Citrus's girl might have other talents like being more skilled in remedies that come from the Lapsang Kingdom Valley that arent as commonly known in Greater Kawani.) as there would be visiting mothers coming from all around when they hear there are midwives there they could talk to, or even just coming to visit the faire and discover them there, OR members OF The herd who are pregnant and need of a midwife. The mares would be swamped if it was just one as this is a herd thats large and advertises greatly to get LOTS of visitors daily during the open periods.

They'd jump on the chance of having additional midwives.  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 11:58 am
Forgot to quote you guys in the post above
CitrusCupcake
Revel1984
Yumitoko II

IN OTHER NEWS *Raccoon steps out with a trumpet and does some fanfair noises* DOOT DOO DO DOOOOOO!

User ImageUser Image

Yilmaz is officially completed! (I got stressed out yesterday with the washing machine and had to give myself some Me Time so I wouldnt go ")(*@#)(&@#" and take it out on someone elses pony)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:06 pm
Kirfa thinks that Yilmaz looks far too smug after certain AIM conversation yesterday XD  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:35 pm
Pinging people who have won Lapsang's from the CreativiTea Contest and CYOA biggrin (pretty much same thing I asked the earlier batch hehe)

I'm just curious what you guys are planning for your characters! What are your ideas for their history and origins? Are they joining any of your herds, forming any of their own, joining the Faire? What are their personalities? Interests? Likes? Setting up a shop somewhere?

*flails excitedly everywhere*

LydaLynn

Sabin Duvert

Thalea

Insane Butterfly

dawns_aura

Novablu

FitzRoyal

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:37 pm
Teehee @ Mind's happy-excite! XD

Iiiiiii have not yet figured out/read this thread/decided what I'm doing with Raziel plot-wise except for the fact that I know he's a wandering gypsy, tied down by very little, doesn't exactly like the bustle of herd life (more of a loner) and is a total ladies' man (but not a jerk about it, easy come, easy go). He's quite possibly a warrior, but he's more "make love not war" sort, but would fight valiantly for the ones he loves :3

SO LEMME READ THIS THREAD and figure out some stuff for him and I'll check in again :3 I do know that his mane is more fire based though. He just feels flamey to me xD  

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:57 pm
Novablu

A bohemian style nomad would actually fit pretty well within the herd since the whole group is sort of a Traveling Ren Faire troop, so someone who's got something involved with it, even if they're just part of the family and help set up and advertise it when traveling away from the main camp could work out.

Of course, Raziel could be a lone Lapsang and could have plots about meeting up with the group at some point and learn about it as someone who isn't part of it..

also, after actually reading the CYOA, it sounds like I need to contact the other winners as well since the characters supposedly knew each other. o3o might not any more in official canon, but we could at least give them a ping!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:00 pm
HEY GUYS! I just read the CYOA and saw that your characters were, at least during the CYOA, connected, so thought I'd invite you guys into the conversation as well!

I'm just curious what you guys are planning for your characters! What are your ideas for their history and origins? Are they joining any of your herds, forming any of their own, joining the Faire? What are their personalities? Interests? Likes? Setting up a shop somewhere? You guys gonna see about plotting your characters to remain connected some how? WHAZ HAPPENING?! 8DD

Roniel Targaryen

Sabin Duvert

pippi18848

AstoriaFallen

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:03 pm
mindsend

I've rp'ed him a little with Latty, so I know he's moreso a part of a herd atm, or has been in the past and has broken away from herdlife, but I can see him being the bohemian nomad razz Comes and goes as he wishes, helping when he feels like it, helping out other friendly faces and mingling with the individuals partaking in the Faire. I see him as a dancer, an entertainer, perhaps ICly having silvery bells that chime with his steps and he'd wear a mask, I'd think... A firedancer who weaves a bit of light in with the sounds of his chimes.

Honestly (I still haven't read this thread, so don't quote me on this as canon) I could see him being secretly royalty (perhaps from a different herd) and having enough of the lordly "bullcrap" (his terms) ends up with the troupe of traveling Faire ponies, making himself friendships with people who don't see him as a prince.

ICly he's a "port" (basically) of an OC I was questing, so while he has to adhere to OC-Raziel's temperament and such, his past can be anything at all (he would've been Suti-Angeni had I gotten him as a custom, but the soq I won fit Razi so freakin perfectly that it just...works!)

:3 I'm excited to get involved, either way XD

(Next step? Harpy lady for the flooock >3)  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 4:40 pm
Novablu

Oo that sounds really neat! biggrin And fitting: a lot of lapsangs dont have costumes, like my boy doesnt have anything other than his casual time necklace, but he wears lots of costumes.

With Londyn's airshow, he plays a monstrous being called The Nightmare, with costumes he's dressed in of thin flowy fabrics and a mask that hides everything but his mouth, more costume spines and horns added to make it look like his mouth is actually the face (With his glowing nostrils acting as eyes , with the rest of the mask hiding his glowing mouth and making it look like a shaggy unnatrual shape, aided by his Sum-E aura converting his costume to match his body's physical illusion. The costume's sort of Lion dancer-ish too, as he likely has a harness on his underbelly to allow for a raccoon to be strapped in and use sticks to control the 'mouth' of the creature. (I hope to get him a companion. Originally I was thinking a smokey hawk, but at this point some raccoon or river otter friends are far more fitting for him)

He wears armor when doing his "Dumar the Undefeated" shows where he does choreographed shows where he fights and does stunts and has audience participation involved (Where his 'undefeated' title is lost when the colt/filly of the day 'defeats' him at a 'feat of strength' -- something rigged specifically so the kid can win)

While in tournaments he wears the traditional garb like he's a horse in the Medieval Times Dinner show.

And he likely has a super dressy bunch of jewelry too depending on the character he plays. He likes costumes and jewelry and so on. He was trained as a warrior, but his heart is in show biz and on the road.

So... Back on topic, Your boy having bells and a mask and being a dancer using fire in some form or another could easily be something he can easily do ICly. biggrin

Him having been a prince elsewhere would be for a tasty subplot if he joins them too, since if his family goes looking for them there could be draaaamaaaaa with them mistaking them for kidnappers or something. Could be fun, if he doesn't end up in someone elses herd o3ob  

mindsend
Vice Captain

Ghost Trash

17,975 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bold Squire 75
  • Dragon Master 50

Novablu

Eloquent Rogue

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:03 pm
mindsend

Aww that sounds epic biggrin I'm excited LOL I've never actually -been- a part of a herd before, that doesn't include 'non shop' familial herds (or rather, in the Cyanide-line's case, her "pack" which...I own ALOT of them xD) and I love plots, ESPECIALLY dramaaaaplots. I don't foresee him joining a different herd, as I've never quite been the herd sort, but this sounds like fun and leads into potential amusement/drama for his future love interest-drama-plots! (Raziel was being customed as someone's mate, originally, and we decided with the win to keep her future plots).

-plottyhands- >3

-skips off to add his info to teepee-  
Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas