Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:35 pm
He let out an indigent noise as he was shoved over and he shoved the dark one back. Then that face was made and Ndogo eyed him and then broke off into a snicker at the look. "Keep making that face, Ume, and I'll make fun of it too." He beamed at the other and just rolled his eyes before looking at the crowd and opening his ears a bit more.

"So. What's our plan of action, if we have one? I've heard rumors, but I want the answers from a more reliable source than some gossip around the watering hole." He eyed a couple of the females, though he didn't know which ones had partaken in that little fact.

There wasn't many here, was there? Did that mean they stayed sided with the king. Ndogo's head canted to the side, blond mane falling into his eyes before he took a deep breath and then looked back to Ume for questions.

Ecavi

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 4:50 pm
Antara watched the other lioness wonder off into the crowd. As she watched her grow she noticed her other brother join the crowd and come up to Umepatwa. She yearned to bit with them but she knew it wouldn't help them or herself to be seen in the midst of this. Sighing she decided she wanted to talk to the only lion that would make her feel better.

She moved towards Maja taking a deep breath she took a deep breath and whispered in his ear. "It is me, don't say my name. I will explain everything when we are alone. My name is Antara." she cringed knowing that their friendship was likely over but she wanted to be close to him for now.

Velveteen Agnel

Ecavi

"Yes hunger strike nearly all the hunters, myself included, have refused to go out on a hunt. Instead we are here having a celebration all to ourselves." he told Yue'shi as they entered the gathering. He made a point of staying close to her, no one would likely pay any attention, they were all too busy having fun.

"Umepatwa..." Boinedal started his sentence while still scanning the crowd, "He looks a lot like his father but black and brown instead of purple, his markings are the same though." finally Boinedal spotted the male in question in the centre of all the activity. "There he is do you see him, and that is his brother with him, the one with the blonde mane. I am not sure they know the trouble they might be bringing on themselves." Boinedal said shaking his head. He was happy to be here supporting the idea but he worried about the male who had started it all.

"Did you hear of this outside of the pride?" he asked Yue'shi curious about how much she knew.

Painted Moose

Batu noticed another guard not far from where he sat and he made the decision to go over and see why the guard was here. He figured some guards would come once they heard of the collection of lions gathered here tonight if for nothing else but to keep the peace. Batu just wanted to make sure he wasn't here to break up the strike.

"Good evening." Batu greeted the winged male. He took a seat next to him wanting to appear relaxed. "Are you here to break things up or just observing?" he asked keeping his tone as casual as possible. He hoped the male would open up to him without Batu having to open up himself.

AstoriaFallen

nessiaing

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 5:38 pm
User Image
"Hmmm," Nyeusi wasn't certain the boy was sincere enough, though his response was encouraging. Too many of the others here didn't seem to be paying all that much attention to his words. Or to hers. Did they want to let the Great Lion abandon them and devolve into paganism?

User Image
"Nyota," he greeted the lioness who'd come up next to him, silently cursing her presence. Now he'd lost the opportunity to ghost closer to Ota and Kamia and figure out what the two were up to. They'd always been thick as thieves, but he didn't want to project his interest too heavily. He had no doubt that Shangyue had spies here, and given the surveillance on him, the Guard didn't want to bring unwarranted trouble down on anyone else.

"What brings you here tonight?" Uchanjaa asked the blue female.

User Image
The longer this went on, the more lions showed up. She was pleased to see Ndogo join Umepatwa and Antara. That was an entire litter of Shangyue's accounted for and ranged against him. No sign of the younger set (she wasn't going to count Tyfu's kids, even if Chunyue was here) but that wasn't surprising given that their mother actually was a Queen. In name, at least.

Personally, Iki doubted that Parisa was at all deserving of any title. But that was one of many opinions she kept behind her muzzle. Really, her role here tonight was to provide some legitimacy for the strike.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:21 am
Fasbesa shrugged when the male went silent. Their conversation was shortened by a Royal guard glaring at the other lion. So he decided to move on. Pawing through the crowed towards the center to get a better feel for the crowd. He had a grin upon his face and was enjoying himself easily enough. This seemed quite fun, he decided.

He was looking for another face to chat with, since his last one got interrupted.

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 3:24 pm
"Glad you asked, my dear brother," Ume said, ignoring the remark about his face and sounding far more self-assured than he was, "For tonight, our aim is simply to enjoy a night pretending the king has no control over us-- no! Showing him that he doesn't."

He looked around, beaming. There were plenty of lions here, and they all knew that the king did not approve and could even retaliate violently for the offense. That didn't stop any of them. It was time to put their foot down and stop letting the usurper rule through intimidation.

"If you mean beyond tonight," he continued with a grin, "We have to overthrow the king, of course."

It was then that the wandering guard of royal descent caught his eye and he tensed up. They were ready to be found out but he was wandering so casually, like nobody realized who he was.. a quick scan of the crowd revealed nobody else of any interest (he was not very observant).. so he turned his attention back on Fasbesa.

"Oi! You there!" he called, "What do you think you're up to?"

Saint Sergio

I Lady Kiya I

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:09 am
"Helping to foment rebellion, of course. You?" Nyota's tone was glib, but the look she gave Uchanjaa was direct. "Half the hunters here might not have been born soon enough to actually remember how Shanyue took power, but I haven't forgotten any more than you have. Having a little muscle around if some of his show up to cause trouble is a good thing, wouldn't you say?" She'd taken full advantage of Shangyue's relative comfort in his position, training hard as a Guard in an attempt to make up for lost years dabbling in this or that. And knowing what Shangyue had done, what he was capable of...it was hard to truly relax, even as everyone acted unconcerned.

mouselet

Ecavi
HEY SO should I toss a clueless-and-curious Yueyun in here or no?

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:21 pm
Excited Apathy
Ecavi
HEY SO should I toss a clueless-and-curious Yueyun in here or no?

(( Should you? IDK wink Could you? Absolutely biggrin ))  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:48 pm
User Image Gaze shifted to the black and white male as he approached him. He had seen him around before but didn't know him. Just like he had seen many of these lions here now, but have never spoken to any of them. Was that good or bad? "Good evening to you as well." He said with a smile as he sat up to greet him. He chuckled at the males question. "Honestly I'm here to keep the peace in case something violent happens. But other than that I'm really just here out of curiosity." He said to him with a nod of his head. He knew a lot more than others probably realized but that was fine by him. "My name is Gwaihir ,what is your name?" He asked him.

nessiaing

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:56 pm
"Oh, well that I can definitely be down with." He smirked at his brother and then looked out at the lions as he slowly dug his claws into the dirt beneath his paws. A night where they didn't feel on edge and tense was much needed. His tail flicked from side to side before he saw his brother tense up completely.

Ndogo finally followed his line of sight and froze as well at the royal guard, eyes narrowing. He rose to his paws and waited for the answer.

"Now this is a mood killer," the brown lion muttered under his breath.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 6:20 pm
User Image
"Hmmm," was Uchanjaa's noncommittal answer as he considered the lioness' words and watched the minor drama of Fasbesa unfold. It was interesting how quickly those who shouldn't have been here had shown up, and the brown lion had to wonder if Umepatwa had been betrayed...or simply not as discreet as he should be. His words tonight made it clear that the young male was through hiding. It was worth noting that neither Firaga nor Tyfu had yet shown up, so perhaps he was safe for now.

"The best-laid plans..." muttered the older Guard as he considered the situation. "I'd say that the less trouble tonight, the better," he finally answered Nyota at a normal volume. "Shangyue can ignore discontent if he wants, but if he moves against a crowd this size? You won't like the consequences," Uchanjaa informed her firmly.

User Image
Iki'renkli might not be a match for an ordinary Guard, but many of the Royal Guards had as little combat training as a Hunter. As Umepatwa singled out Fasbesa, the dark lioness moved towards the hapless lion in case he proved difficult. At the very least, she could help encourage him to move along, and find someone else to spy on tonight.

Or, perhaps they could restrain him, and keep him from reporting until the strike was over. That might be best, as it would keep this particular lion from informing Shangyue until it was too late.  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:41 pm
Ecavi

Fasbesa stopped and looked about, surely that was to him right? "What? Who? Me?" he looked puzzled first then smiled at the lion who was talking to him. Surely it was him. The other was looking right at him after all. Perhaps a bit more suspicious than Fasbesa would like.

"I'm just here for the gathering." He said, though honestly he didn't know anything about it and just happened to stumble upon such a thing. He had heard some of the things people were talking about. "I want change." He said with a nod. He was for this, but mostly because everyone else was. He wanted to go with the crowed, after all. Be in the center of the action.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:28 pm
"So...what's all this for?"

The purple adolescent cocked his head, his query aimed at any who might answer, curiosity evident. He recognized his older sister--who he'd been discouraged from getting too close to--but that gave little clue as to why all these pride members would be gathered so. Yueyun hadn't been told about this gathering. He hadn't heard whisperings, or rumors. He was simply an ignorant, spoilt princeling in the wrong place at the wrong time. And he had no idea how much of a fish out of water he was right now. He was quite possibly the only lion present with any fondness for Shangyue. And with his coloring, it was difficult to mistake him for anything but one of the King's offspring.

---

"No, I don't suppose I would. If he deigns to notice this, any response he gives is likely to be harsh," Nyota mused, her eyes on Fasbesa. The younger male didn't seem intent on causing trouble, but there was always the possibility that such was simply what he wanted them to think. She wouldn't put it past Shangyue to plant someone if he'd heard of this gathering, even if sending a relative was a shade too obvious.

Speaking of...she stiffened, staring at the princeling as he wandered in, seemingly without a care in the world. Why was he here? "Are you seeing what I'm seeing, over there?" She jerked her head slightly toward the careless--or arrogant--prince.

mouselet

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:49 pm
User Image

He paid attention towards Yueyun, one of the kings offspring, along with one of the other siblings. He was very much aware of many of the offspring of the different family lines. It seemed to him that the young male seemed out of place and he was within speaking distance so he cleared his throat slightly. "It's a gathering of sorts." He said with a low chuckle in his throat.

It was apparent to him that his presence wasn't exactly welcome by the change of mood in certain locations as the young prince was being recognized by a few members around the location. He was here in case anything got out of control, it was just a strike. No need for any sort of violence to come from any of it.

Excited Apathy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:33 pm
Umepatwa maintained eye contact with Fasbesa as he offered his explanation, searching for some sign of either sincerity or deceit-- unfortunately, neither were obvious. Lucky for Fasbesa, the idea that someone ostensibly on the king's side turning to the rebellion was delightful so he wasn't immediately willing to send him off. This was clearly one of Nebesa and Fasrin's children, but it wasn't like it was one of Shangyue's or Tyfu's.

"You really don't support the king?" he asked, his tone was doubtful but he looked hopeful, "What about your father and grandfather?"

Firaga was as much a concern to the rebels as the king, and his children were all loyal minions to him before even Shangyue, it seemed. Of course, Shangyue showed them such favour, it might even be equal now.

He still didn't notice all of the other people of interest who had shown up.

I Lady Kiya I

Ota and Kamia, did, however. Suddenly it seemed like the crowd was full of surprising and potentially unwelcome faces. The unmistakable green on Chunyue gave him away, the pendent on the Royal Guard (and the attention he was getting didn't help), the very purple prince..

"We've attracted some interesting company," she murmured to Kamia.

Kamia followed Ota's gaze around, and of those she saw, Chunyue was the least welcome in her opinion- but the Royal Guard and Prince ought not to be ignored.

"They'll have no luck if they're here to cause trouble," she said, glancing back to Fasbesa as he declared his interest in change, "But maybe that's not what they want."

Ota nodded, determined not to interfere unless absolutely necessary.. but if things got much farther off track, the mood would be ruined quite quickly.

Neema stepped back into the midst of the crowd, seemingly ready to target any royalty that appeared through the night-- not only was it more interesting for her that way, she was a high class lioness with nobody to worry about except herself. Lailah was unlikely to suffer for her twin's actions, and there was not yet any danger.

"Prince Yueyun," she called out a greeting, "And Chunyue! Such a pleasure to welcome you to our little gathering!"

She was quick to call them both out, but her tone was nothing but pleasant. She did take a moment to ponder the similarities (and differences) between the two of them.. and the two bastards at the center of this whole mess.

"I certainly never expected support from such places," she added.

She spoke loudly and confidently, giving them either the opportunity to give their support or deny it and get it over with. Their enthusiasm could help determine if, for now, they were just unwilling to openly oppose the crowd if they agreed.. but it would get the potential for conflict out of the way.

Excited Apathy

Puhterodactyl

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:37 pm
"I see that." Yueyun replied to the wing-marked lion as he obligingly returned Neema's greeting with a friendly smile. That quickly faded at the mention of support, replaced with complete bafflement. What under the Moon was she talking about? "I don't believe I grasp your meaning, my lady. Just what am I supposedly supporting?" A lifted brow completed the look of affable confusion. He wouldn't needlessly deny anything, but neither was he going to agree to anything before he had some idea of what was going on!

Somewhere in the back of his mind, alarm bells pondered ringing before deciding 'nah...not yet.'

Ecavi

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces