Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)
Entrepreneur Basics and Information (Apply Here) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:25 am
Diamond Wales
Entrepreneur Business Owner Application

Hello, my name is Miles McLellan

I am a(n) musician.

My business is called Miles McLellan's Studio

It provides a place for me to compose new songs, write lyrics, and try and work on a schedule for performances.

It is a magical business.

It is located in Hogsmeade, Scotland.

How did I come to get this business? Well... My wife has been really helpful and patient, considering she could have easily kicked me out on me arse numerous times in the past, but hasn't. Therefore, besides helping her out with Dominic Maestro's, I decided to actually work on becoming a legitimate business owner and not just someone that performs in The Three Broomsticks or Hog's Head on occasion.

The things I love about this business are Choosing my own hours, being able to work on my own pieces, being able to actually practice without disturbing people, being around my family while I work, being able to schedule when I want.

The things I despise about this business are Working around full moons, early mornings, the cat across the street, being overworked, the possibility someone could discover I'm a werewolf.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I basically work from home when I'm not on the road or something performing.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Miles Braden McLellan

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:26 am
Red Hot Missy

Hello, my name is Carver Bryson

I am a(n) Alchemist

My business is called Bryson Alchemy

It provides my services as an alchemist. That's about it.

It is located in London, England

How did I come to get this business? Well... I graduated from school wanting to go into alchemy. That about sums it up.

The things I love about this business are not having snot-nosed brats underfoot while I'm working, my own space to work, my own hours, not having to pay rent (yet), my own hours, and deciding for myself what I'm working on.

The things I despise about this business are pushy customers, people that don't get the concept that sometimes it takes time, me becoming frustrated when I hit a dead end, ruining a project, and not enough sleep some nights.

I acknowledge that any magical & muggle business must be separated as to not breach the Statute of Secrecy.

Signed,
Carver Everett Bryson

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:46 pm

Hello, my name is Cecilia Quintana

I am a(n) mother effing rock star Musician

My business is called The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Myth (Band)

It provides angry chick rock to all the angry chick rockers out there. Screaming. Raging against the patriarchy. Being loud and proud and fun.

It is a magical and muggle? business. (We don't use magic in our sets so technically we could perform for muggles?) Look whatever the venue is.

It is located in my basement, for now. (The East End, London, England)

How did I come to get this business? Well... I've been in a few bands, here and there. They always crap out. Musicians are super hard to deal with. I started this band myself because I figure that way at least I can control the way it crumbles, instead of watching and bemoaning another failed venture.

The things I love about this business are Loud music. Awesome fans. Playing shows. Free drinks. Getting to express myself as loudly as I possibly can.

The things I despise about this business are Creepers. Getting underpaid. Flaky bandmates. Gross venues. Did I mentioned creepers? Damn. Uuuuh... writing songs can suck? When you don't have inspiration, I mean.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! We're open for new members! Currently it's... well, just me, I've got some girls playing with me but they're... not great. I need bass, drums, keyboard. If you play something weird I'm sure we could work it out. Weird is good. I'm lead vocals and guitar, but more vocalists and more guitarists aren't a bad thing... As long as we get the rest of the shite first, of course.

Signed,
Cecilia Quintana

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:27 pm
Cara MiaKitty

Hello, my name is Cecilia Quintana

I am a(n) mother effing rock star Musician

My business is called The Manic Pixie Dream Girl Myth (Band)

It provides angry chick rock to all the angry chick rockers out there. Screaming. Raging against the patriarchy. Being loud and proud and fun.

It is a magical and muggle? business. (We don't use magic in our sets so technically we could perform for muggles?) Look whatever the venue is.

It is located in my basement, for now. (The East End, London, England)

How did I come to get this business? Well... I've been in a few bands, here and there. They always crap out. Musicians are super hard to deal with. I started this band myself because I figure that way at least I can control the way it crumbles, instead of watching and bemoaning another failed venture.

The things I love about this business are Loud music. Awesome fans. Playing shows. Free drinks. Getting to express myself as loudly as I possibly can.

The things I despise about this business are Creepers. Getting underpaid. Flaky bandmates. Gross venues. Did I mentioned creepers? Damn. Uuuuh... writing songs can suck? When you don't have inspiration, I mean.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! We're open for new members! Currently it's... well, just me, I've got some girls playing with me but they're... not great. I need bass, drums, keyboard. If you play something weird I'm sure we could work it out. Weird is good. I'm lead vocals and guitar, but more vocalists and more guitarists aren't a bad thing... As long as we get the rest of the shite first, of course.

Signed,
Cecilia Quintana

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:56 pm
Entrepreneur Assistant Skeleton

Hello, my name is Gideon Reid

I would like to work at The Law Office of Tobi Fallrein

The things I love about this business are Getting to work in law, cool boss, good location, great hours, fun environment

The things I despise about this business are difficult work, constant professionalism, crazy clients, mean judges, no puns allowed

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'd be starting as an intern of sorts, but soon enough I'll be able to do solo cases!

Signed,
Gideon Logan Reid

Yukina101

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:04 pm
Miss GryffindorK

Hello, my name is Gideon Reid

I would like to work at The Law Office of Tobi Fallrein

The things I love about this business are Getting to work in law, cool boss, good location, great hours, fun environment

The things I despise about this business are difficult work, constant professionalism, crazy clients, mean judges, no puns allowed

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I'd be starting as an intern of sorts, but soon enough I'll be able to do solo cases!

Signed,
Gideon Logan Reid

Yukina101

Hired  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello, my name is Lola Mutan Ye

I am a(n) metal charmer

My business is called Lola's Metallic Magical Goods

It provides metal charming and charmed metal toys

It is located in Diagon Alley, London, England

How did I come to get this business? Well... I have spent a few years in China training under a friend of my grandfather's who is a metal charming. I have always been talented at charms and my grandparents were eager to help me start my career. When I returned to England my grandparents were able to give me the money to rent a small little shop that needed some fixing up in Diagon Alley.

The things I love about this business are being able to make something plain become wonderful with magic and charms, being able to set my own hours, the look of wonderment children get when they get one of my handmade toys, the variety of people who come to my shop, and creating something that has never been done before

The things I despise about this business are pushy customers, those who wish to use my talents for dark desires (making cursed objects), rude children who are quick to break things that come from time to time, the lack of natural light in the shop, and days I have a brain block on ideas

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! While one of my favorite things is bewitching snitches I love to create original toys as well.

Signed,
Lola Mutan Ye
蘿拉•牡丹•葉

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 pm
mc2

Hello, my name is Lola Mutan Ye

I am a(n) metal charmer

My business is called Lola's Metallic Magical Goods

It provides metal charming and charmed metal toys

It is located in Diagon Alley, London, England

How did I come to get this business? Well... I have spent a few years in China training under a friend of my grandfather's who is a metal charming. I have always been talented at charms and my grandparents were eager to help me start my career. When I returned to England my grandparents were able to give me the money to rent a small little shop that needed some fixing up in Diagon Alley.

The things I love about this business are being able to make something plain become wonderful with magic and charms, being able to set my own hours, the look of wonderment children get when they get one of my handmade toys, the variety of people who come to my shop, and creating something that has never been done before

The things I despise about this business are pushy customers, those who wish to use my talents for dark desires (making cursed objects), rude children who are quick to break things that come from time to time, the lack of natural light in the shop, and days I have a brain block on ideas

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! While one of my favorite things is bewitching snitches I love to create original toys as well.

Signed,
Lola Mutan Ye
蘿拉•牡丹•葉

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:42 pm

Hello, my name is Vasilisa Markova

I am a Wandmaker

My business is called Markov Wandmakers

It provides making wands.

It is located in Galway, Ireland

How did I come to get this business? Well... I want to have another additional job aside from Potionmaking because I want to get busy, so here I was.

The things I love about this business are interpreting wands, getting to know people through their wands, setting my own hours, having a name for myself in the market, controlling my sales

The things I despise about this business are having to reduce my sales, poor-quality cores and woods, unsatisfied customers, short stocks, expensive woods and cores

Signed,
Vasilisa Maria Antonovna Markova

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:29 pm
Jade Galaksylph

Hello, my name is Vasilisa Markova

I am a Wandmaker

My business is called Markov Wandmakers

It provides making wands.

It is located in Galway, Ireland

How did I come to get this business? Well... I want to have another additional job aside from Potionmaking because I want to get busy, so here I was.

The things I love about this business are interpreting wands, getting to know people through their wands, setting my own hours, having a name for myself in the market, controlling my sales

The things I despise about this business are having to reduce my sales, poor-quality cores and woods, unsatisfied customers, short stocks, expensive woods and cores

Signed,
Vasilisa Maria Antonovna Markova

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:52 am
Entrepreneur / Business Owner Application

Hello, my name is Catheryn Blake

I am a(n) Welder and metal works crafter

My business is called I don't have one yet, but I'm hoping to get a cart in Diagon and start selling different items to muggle storefronts.

I provide metal creations such as jewelry, trinkets, small and large accessories, and for a small price weapons like daggers or blade repair.

It is a magical & muggle business.

It is located in Ottery St. Catchpole, England

How did I come into this business? Well... I've always had an interest in metal work since I was very young, though back then I was more interested in small weapons like daggers and the like. It wasn't until about my second year at Hogwarts that I started getting more interested in other works such as jewelry and small accessories. While metal charming seemed like a fun thing to do, I realized what I actually loved doing was making things for anyone (magical or muggle) to see their wide eyed look of wonder. That and I love making shiny stuff.

The things I love about this business are
+When I finish a big project
+When people actually want to by my wares
+When people stare in amazement at my jewelry and such
+When people commission wares
+I'm technically allowed to play with fire

The things I despise about this business are
-When I can't find a starting point for a project
-When it's really slow
-When my mania acts up and I end up ruining a simple item by turning into a two-week project
-When someone commissions something ridiculous and unrealistic
-When people tell me they could buy a knock off for cheaper. THENWHYDON'TYOUTHEN

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Though I am not a metal charmer, if asked, I can either place simple charms on a selected item or direct the customer to a metal charmer friend of mine.

Signed,
Catheryn Stephanie Blake

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 am
Yukina101

Hello, my name is Catheryn Blake

I am a(n) Welder and metal works crafter

My business is called I don't have one yet, but I'm hoping to get a cart in Diagon and start selling different items to muggle storefronts.

I provide metal creations such as jewelry, trinkets, small and large accessories, and for a small price weapons like daggers or blade repair.

It is located in Ottery St. Catchpole, England

How did I come into this business? Well... I've always had an interest in metal work since I was very young, though back then I was more interested in small weapons like daggers and the like. It wasn't until about my second year at Hogwarts that I started getting more interested in other works such as jewelry and small accessories. While metal charming seemed like a fun thing to do, I realized what I actually loved doing was making things for anyone (magical or muggle) to see their wide eyed look of wonder. That and I love making shiny stuff.

The things I love about this business are
+When I finish a big project
+When people actually want to by my wares
+When people stare in amazement at my jewelry and such
+When people commission wares
+I'm technically allowed to play with fire

The things I despise about this business are
-When I can't find a starting point for a project
-When it's really slow
-When my mania acts up and I end up ruining a simple item by turning into a two-week project
-When someone commissions something ridiculous and unrealistic
-When people tell me they could buy a knock off for cheaper. THENWHYDON'TYOUTHEN

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Though I am not a metal charmer, if asked, I can either place simple charms on a selected item or direct the customer to a metal charmer friend of mine.

Signed,
Catheryn Stephanie Blake

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:23 pm

Hello, my name is Kiley Umber

I am a Historian.

My business is called Historian Office.

I provide identifies, restores and curates historical documents and artifacts. (from shop description listed in openings for entrepreneurs)

It is located in Devon, England.

How did I come into this business? Well... After graduation, I inquired about a position at the historian office, only to find that the owner was looking to sell the business. The building itself seemed to be in disrepair, like the owner hadn't really cared for it in several years. I made an offer, shooting low on the price, knowing I could take out a loan at the bank for it, and the owner accepted, seeming to want to simply get it off their hands. And just like that, I owned the historian office. Sure, it needed some TLC, but I could handle that.

The things I love about this business are the interesting artifacts customers bring in, the stories customers tell me, learning even more history every day, assisting customers looking into their ancestry and heritage, and compiling more historic documents and artifacts for my office.

The things I despise about this business are customers who think that just because something is old that it is extremely valuable, items that are very very dusty, continuing the repairs on the building itself, the weird smell in the back room, and customers that don't respect the artifacts in my office.

Signed,
Kiley Jean Umber

Essy ze Ninja

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:55 pm
The Shiny Furret

Hello, my name is Kiley Umber

I am a Historian.

My business is called Historian Office.

I provide identifies, restores and curates historical documents and artifacts. (from shop description listed in openings for entrepreneurs)

It is located in Devon, England.

How did I come into this business? Well... After graduation, I inquired about a position at the historian office, only to find that the owner was looking to sell the business. The building itself seemed to be in disrepair, like the owner hadn't really cared for it in several years. I made an offer, shooting low on the price, knowing I could take out a loan at the bank for it, and the owner accepted, seeming to want to simply get it off their hands. And just like that, I owned the historian office. Sure, it needed some TLC, but I could handle that.

The things I love about this business are the interesting artifacts customers bring in, the stories customers tell me, learning even more history every day, assisting customers looking into their ancestry and heritage, and compiling more historic documents and artifacts for my office.

The things I despise about this business are customers who think that just because something is old that it is extremely valuable, items that are very very dusty, continuing the repairs on the building itself, the weird smell in the back room, and customers that don't respect the artifacts in my office.

Signed,
Kiley Jean Umber

Essy ze Ninja

Accepted  

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:10 pm

Hello, my name is Diantha Warlow

I would like to work at the law office of Tobi Fallrein.

The things I love about this business are Reviewing cases, the lack of institutionalized sexism, semi-flexible hours (for a lawyer's assistant), helping people, and learning more about the law.

The things I despise about this business are Difficult clients, difficult lawyers, certain judges, the bad puns, getting stuck at a dead-end in researching a case.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I suppose I"ll be starting as a sort of magical paralegal, but eventually I'd like to make partner.

Signed,
Diantha Warlow

Yukina101

Entrepreneurs (Broommakers, Wandmakers, etc.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games