Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
Team Side Mission - A Royal Luau Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:29 pm
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem
Indeed the voice would ring familar in Ryan's ears. Ryan would walk over towards the ref with Skyla still on his arms. He would take a deep breath to calm himself before speaking. "I am surprised you aren't actually up there taking on all challengers, Kahuna Hala. Has time taken a bit of your fire?" Ryan says with a smirk. It was time to make peace with his past. One step at a time that is.

Hala would glance over at Ryan at first, cocking an eyebrow before turning around to completely face him. "Well I do love a good match but I also enjoy seeing the younger generation in action." He said with a hearty laugh. "You seem familiar, son. Have we met before? You old pupil of mine? Time has taken more than the fire in me." He laughed.

Ryan looks to Skyla, who nods and squeezes his arm in reassurance. Ryan takes a deep breath. "My name is Ryan Caughtem. About 16 years ago I had my Journey Trial over on Melemele. It was the day after my parents had passed. You had counciled me to hold off, but I ignored you. I got rejected by a Popplio that day. " Ryan introduces himself and then explains, hoping the old man would remember.  
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:16 pm
Reno would glance around as the other Snagems entered the ring, mentally tallying exactly how big a swing he needed to go with for this group. Since it was Tristan, Keiko, and Ammy, maybe not go for the peak crew. Best just to go a little easier on them for this thing. "Alright, Gruff. Looks like it's time to go." Reno told the Marowak he released, nodding to the Pokemon before glancing to the slowly gathering crowd. Smirking as a thought crossed his mind, Reno would flex his left arm until the long sleeve covering it shredded against the mechanical portions of the arm and unveiled it to the crowd. "I am the Fullmetal Fighter, Reno Vantas!" He roared, hoping that the crowd would get into the moment as much as he had. This was going to be fun.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:51 pm
RCCaughtem
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem
Indeed the voice would ring familar in Ryan's ears. Ryan would walk over towards the ref with Skyla still on his arms. He would take a deep breath to calm himself before speaking. "I am surprised you aren't actually up there taking on all challengers, Kahuna Hala. Has time taken a bit of your fire?" Ryan says with a smirk. It was time to make peace with his past. One step at a time that is.

Hala would glance over at Ryan at first, cocking an eyebrow before turning around to completely face him. "Well I do love a good match but I also enjoy seeing the younger generation in action." He said with a hearty laugh. "You seem familiar, son. Have we met before? You old pupil of mine? Time has taken more than the fire in me." He laughed.

Ryan looks to Skyla, who nods and squeezes his arm in reassurance. Ryan takes a deep breath. "My name is Ryan Caughtem. About 16 years ago I had my Journey Trial over on Melemele. It was the day after my parents had passed. You had counciled me to hold off, but I ignored you. I got rejected by a Popplio that day. " Ryan introduces himself and then explains, hoping the old man would remember.

"Ryan...hm..." The man muttered, tapping his chin in thought. "Oh! Ryan! How have you been my boy?! Look at you all grown up!" He asked with a roaring laugh as he hugged Ryan tight.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 4:02 pm
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem
SubonicXP
RCCaughtem

"Ryan...hm..." The man muttered, tapping his chin in thought. "Oh! Ryan! How have you been my boy?! Look at you all grown up!" He asked with a roaring laugh as he hugged Ryan tight.

Skyla just manges to step aside as Ryan gets hugged. The one thing tome hadn't taken was the old man's strength! "I've been great! Really found my way after I left. Became a trainer, made a rather interesting bunch of friends, my girlfriend is right there." Ryan gets out, nodding towards Skyla. "But recently Alola has been calling me home something fierce. Been running into other Alolans, Alolan Pokemon, heck, I even got a Popplio of my own now!" The channler adds on.

Skyla just waves and smiles. This was not what she had expected.  

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:13 pm
"Hawlucha-"

"Los. Bombardeo. Aereo!" Her Hawlucha replied at once, turning his head just enough to see his trainer. "This Hawlucha you speak of does not exist!"

"Yes, he does! It's you!" Amaranth shouted, wondering what she did to deserve this.

"Porque?"

"I... look, you can't... whatever, just do what you will," she said after a moment, a defeated sigh escaping her. They were in this now, whether she wanted to be or not. With her remark, Hawlucha sprang into action and climbed onto the ropes of the ring before raising his arms proudly and leaping to attack Marowak with Acrobatics. Nevermind the pair of somersaults he did in the process or trying to divebomb into sitting on Marowak.  
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:32 pm
Keiko felt torn. She knew of each of these people (some more than others,) and didn't know how to have Hera attack, fearful of hurting feelings. "Let's see. You definitely want to stay away from that Hawlucha. You could attack that Marowak. ...but you might get hit with one of the Hawlucha's moves. Uh... That Castform is... no, it's too small, it could get seriously hurt that way. I don't know..."

Tired of waiting for her trainer, Hera targeted the open Castform, bearing down on the tiny Normal-type with her Megahorn.

"No, wait!" Keiko shouted, knowing that the Castform might have access to Fire-type moves. But it was too late by then.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 5:42 pm
While the castform did have a elemental barrage in its repertoire, it was nothing that Tristen wanted to risk without having weather playing into his advantage. At this point though, it started to look like the kid was not going to have a choice. Furthermore with the pandemonium playing out as it was virtually instantly, it was enough to make anyone lose anyone's cool like this, at least to those still fairly untrained in such a thing.

"Castform! Hurricane!" Tristen shouted.

From the outside, I stared on in disbelief, wincing hard. "Oh God, Tristen, not that, you just made yourself a target! You showed your hand instantly! They'd be stupid not to come after you now provided that you make it out of that Heracross's wrath!" I thought to myself. Even I thought this was bad.

With a loud squeal, the Castform summoned harsh winds and rain which rushed upon the battlefield to meet with the Heracross head-on and anything else unfortunate to get caught.  
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:41 am
Reno would quietly step back from his Marowak for the moment, content to let Gruff run wild on his own for the time being. One insane Hawlucha was not something that would need him to be there to contend with for the most part. Giving a small smile as an interesting thought came into his mind, Reno returned his focus to Gruff taking the Acrobatics blow with his head tucked against his chest to brace. Well, that would work just perfect.

"Gruff! Slam the turkey towards that Hurricane!" Reno called out, watching as The Marowak burst from his crouched position towards Bombardeo with the final part of Skull Bash. 'Thanks Blizz. Woulda forgot about the other two without that stray thought.' He thought, making sure to send the first part along into the Articuno hybrid's mind.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:36 pm
Odd had wandered off to explore the fesitval, finding himself within smelling range of the malasada eating contest. "That smells really good...." He admitted to himself, a sudden growling in his stomach making him wonder how much he could keep down with nothing in there before he started. "What the heck." He finally decided, signing himself up and hanging around to see when it would start.

Lykas, meanwhile, went and found the Boxing Challenge. "This looks like fun. Gimme three pairs of gloves." He said to the attendant and he signed himself up. When he got a confused look in response, he split his ponytail apart into the four tentacles he usually kept disguised. "Three pairs. Let's go, I wanna warm up!"  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:43 pm
RCCaughtem

"Girlfriend huh? Pleased to meet you young lady! This one used to be a handful!" Hala laughed. "Yeah, the tropics have a way of bewitching people, summoning them back to the islands. Praise the Tapu you answered that call though! I'm thrilled to see little Ryan once again!"

Requiem of Whyspers

"Welcome one and all to the Royal Malasada Eating Contest! I'm your host, the Big Malasada Master himself, MC Mala!" A portly but surprisingly spry man screamed into a micro as the crowd went wild. "We're about to get under way but let's meet our contestants! First up is-" The man would go through the contestants, naming them one by one. Odd would come in third to last.

"-next we have Odd from...I can't make this out. Is this even a real name?" The man asked an attendant next to him who confirmed that Odd was indeed the name but even they couldn't make out the hometown. "Any who...give it up for Odd!" He shouted then moved onto the next. One contestant would stand out from the others however, the last one.

"And last but not least the grandson of Melemele Island's kahuna, give it up for Hau!" A young skinny boy would jump up and down way too excited as he was called, the kid looking as if he just downed a dozen Soda Pops while eating an entire case of Lava Cookies. Chill out dude.

"Rules are simple, eat as many malasada within five minutes! You have to eat the entire malasada and letting it come back up disqualifies you. Bring out the malasada!" A bunch of Munchlax (of all things) would bring out plates with malasada piled high, setting them in front of the contestants as they sat at the table.

"On my mark...three...two...one...go!" The man declared, throwing his raised hand down after saying 'go'.

-----

The attendant would give Lykas his three pairs, staring at him with a befuddled look all the while. Once Lykas had his gloves she would point him to a little side arena where people were sparring with their Pokemon for practice and warm ups.  

SubonicXP

Captain

Devoted Sex Symbol

5,625 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:53 pm
Odd just shrugged at the game master for the contest when his hometown was brought up. You couldn't really put down "Abbey on Mt. Silver" as a hometown, after all. Besides, St Mieu's Cathedral wasn't one many people knew of to begin with.

Lykas headed over to the practice arena and, as soon as he got the chance, he'd release Yarrow and begin sparring with the Crabrawler. By the time he was called, he'd have upgraded to sparring with Mykel since he was much closer to human sized, the Gardevoir keeping pace with his hybrid trainer surprisingly well for a non-physical fighter.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:13 pm
Hawlucha would move to jump away, narrowly evading the Skull Bash. The same luck couldn't be said about the Hurricane howling and blowing through the entire ring, however, and he'd be tossed around and around with impunity. Thinking fast, he'd soon try to use the winds to his advantage and tried to dive down on Tristen's Castform with Flying Press.

"Aha! These mighty winds appear to be at my back today!" He shouted over the Hurricane's howls, leaving Amaranth to wonder just where Hawlucha had picked up all of this from. He didn't take her SNAG at some point, did he?  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 6:51 pm
Skyla shakes the Kahuna's hand. "I'm Skyla, a pleasure to meet you. And is that so? Seems the years away have calmed him...some." The Gym Leader would respond.

Ryan nods, but sighs. "I am glad to be back in Alola, but heading back to Seafolk, especially after they rejected me they way they did and how? I may need a bit more before I return home. But I must ask: where are your apprentices from back then? While one wanted me to go down the path of destruction, the other was responsible for nudging down the path of redemption i did follow. I would like to thank that second one. I believe his name was Kukui?" Ryan would express to the old Kahuna.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:48 pm
Keiko would struggle to keep it together in the harsh, howling winds. but Hera refused to be moved, though she did take some damage from the attack. "Hera, stop that move! Use Brick Break!" Due to a certain adventure in Hoenn, Keiko didn't need to check her Pokedex to know that Castform was Normal-typed, and thus weak to Fighting-type moves.

Hera obeyed, charging in the icy winds and leaping when she got close to the Castform, bringing her Fighting-type energy-drenched arm down on the little critter.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:52 pm
I perked up, shifting my eyes towards Reno, getting his little mental message to me. Jesus Christ, as if there was not enough headaches in this battle for Tristen, he's got to go through that? Suddenly, while I was resigned to the fact that Tristen was probably going to lose out for pulling his last attack, at the very least I could mess with Reno. "What the hell? Oh is that the game you're playing? Is this brain in the full metal alchemist wanna-be's head on? Ahem...you are now imagining..." Suddenly, an image may float by Reno where there was Sub and Agitha of the Elite Four in a bustier over said Snagem leader to the music of "Careless Whisper". Nightmare fuel, at the least.

Though while my attempts to provide a distraction on Reno, Tristen would watch in horror as the attacks piled on his Castform, despite the efforts of the with the Hurricane. The little cloud had no chance in hell. "AAAA! CASTFORM!" Tristen shouted.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff