Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:23 am

"If your Bronze caught a Gold, all he'd be is a father." And that was all, realistically, that one should expect of a dragon who was expecting to be a parent. "I know that tradition demands otherwise, but we're a nontraditional bunch." Of which he was not ashamed. Casgar settled himself more comfortably on the bed, watching the man with his flits. "Mm. I would hope not. I'm as unconventional as the Weyr you find yourself in. I bossed you plenty last night, though, if I recall correctly." Given that he'd been leading things, had practically seduced the man to his bed, there was no doubt about that. "I have my own way of getting things done."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:15 pm
"Is it really like that here? Huh..." It left him with a question, which seemed... Almost silly. For all Southern Weyr did that wasn't as on-par with High Reaches, they still followed the general and traditional structure of Weyrs of old. "Makes me wonder what the Weyrwoman and Weyrleader ride..."

Jacomus' face flushed bright red and his shifting took on a new purpose as he moved Fish out of his lap. "Okay, being bossed was not a bad thing..." That was definitely a memory he wasn't about to let go of. He rubbed the back of his neck, swearing that his neck felt warm. "Okay, um... I should probably tell you what I do, shouldn't I? Since I know what you do, and all..."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:20 pm

"The Weyrwoman is a Greenrider, and the Weyrleader happens to be a Bronzerider. However, they were voted into their positions. I have no doubt the Weyrleader could have been a Bluerider or Greenrider. Shells, or a Whiterider, for that matter. R'mor just happens to be good at his job, which is essentially glorified head of human relations." Casgar paused, looking Jacomus over. It was obvious that the man hadn't completely forgotten their tryst.

He gave a little stretch, dimly aware that his robe was piled on the floor, and his other clothing was even farther away. Ah well. "No, I don't remember it being a bad thing," he said with a low chuckle. "Mm. It would be polite of you to tell me what you do for a living," the man agreed, giving another stretch.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:28 pm
Oh, right, he'd mentioned the voting thing. Though Jacomus' attention was less on Weyrleadership now and more on Casgar, as well as what he was sure was an impending doom for himself. Probably in more ways than one, as he watched the other man stretch. Had he left some marks on his skin with his nails? Jacomus didn't particularly doubt that. He cleared his throat, looking back at his lap, and then at Fish instead. The blue flit had moved to the foot of the bed, chittering curiously at Fidget. "I, um... I live in a cave, alone besides these two and Kraketh, because I may be a bit of a... A bit of a pirate."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:34 pm

There were, in fact, a number of marks on that dark, smooth skin. A number of which had indeed been made the night before. Casgar made himself comfortable on the bed, glancing up at Jacomus as the man spoke. "Do you have any idea of how many pirates I've met?" Had the rider expected him to be shocked? "And of how many of them happen to be pirates?" There was an entire fleet of pirate riders. "This is an island, after all." He wasn't trying to make the man feel bad, but... it was actually a little cute that he'd been worried. Oh no, not a pirate! "Should I call for help?" he asked, a certain light in his warm, brown eyes.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:41 am
Embarrassment was out the window, replaced by... Well, it wasn't so much shock, maybe surprise. Jacomus could only stare for a moment at Casgar, before he said, "That's the reaction I've never expected... But then I'm usually up around where High Reaches and Tillek are, and people are far less happy to see a pirate." He grimaced, "One guy tried to gut me like a packtail when he realized the morning after, ran out of there with my clothes in my hands..." He started rubbing the back of his neck again. "Seems kind of silly to be afraid, now, but... In my defense, this IS my first time on the western continent." Jacomus was starting to feel relaxed, something that the ever-wary part of his brain told him was alarming, but the rest told it to ******** off for a while. After a moment of thought, he settled back onto the bed, staring up at the ceiling. "Do you think... Western Weyr would be upset if, say... A pirate hung around? Like... Stayed in the Weyr, as part of the Weyr?" If he strained his ears, he thought he might hear Kraketh's happy bugel at the question.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:34 am

Casgar couldn't say that he was completely surprised by the question. For many riders, Western was a haven. In fact, to his understanding the place had once been known as such. "Mm. Don't feel silly. I can understand why you might have been worried, especially knowing what my role is at the Weyr. But there's nothing to worry about. I think you'd like the Western continent; Rivercrest Hold is known to be friendly to pirates, along with being one continuous party. Our Weyr is significantly more laid back about many things than the rest. The only thing I would suggest if you want to stay, is just talk to R'mor. He'll be able to answer any questions you might have on the rider side. We'll take anyone who's willing to pull their own weight."

And that was all quite true. There was a soft knock on the door, and Casgar found himself slipping, naked, out of the bed, and to the chair. He'd left Jacomus a robe there, which would suit him just fine for the moment, and was a deep, royal blue. "Wait here a moment - breakfast." When he answered the door, the lower caverns worker who saw him was hardly surprised. No doubt any number of people this morning had come to their doors in a similar fashion. "Thank you," he said, and turned back, heavily laden with a breakfast tray fit for at least four people. The woman closed the door for him, and he set the tray down on the bed. Crumbs really weren't a concern. "Hungry, pet?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:32 am
While Casgar was distracted with the door, Jacomus scratched at his throat and jaw, getting lost in thought again. Western didn't much care that he was a pirate, nor would they care that he rode a bronze. No expectations to become Weyrleader, no expectations for him to even aspire to be a Wingleader. He could just be Jacomus, another rider for the Weyr, protecting the continent from Thread as he and Kraketh were meant to. He could aspire to just be... Himself. They could aspire to just do their job's basics, of flying and flaming.

His attention was drawn back out of his own head by Casgar's return. He blinked for a moment, admiring the view the robe teased at, then sat back up. "Famished, actually." Jacomus paused, then quietly said, "Thank you... For not kicking me out or anything."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:06 am

Settling on the bed across from Jacomus, Casgar poured himself a cup of tea, quirking an eyebrow at the man. "Of course. Hospitality is actually in my job description, so it's not out of my way to be a little kind to a man who apparently hasn't received a lot of kindness." Not to mention... he wasn't the sort to kick a man while he was down. Reaching over, he loaded up a plate with biscuits, fried tubers, redfruit, and assorted breakfast items that he honestly was so used to seeing that they escaped his notice.

He passed the plate to Jacomus before selecting a few items for his own breakfast. "I made sure that there would be enough for your flits, so do let them have some of the meatrolls, at least. Chopped meat would have been better for them, but I'm afraid the cook seems to have overlooked it." And he hadn't exactly specified, come to think of it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 pm
"Thank you," Jacomus said as he accepted the plate. Casgar's comment made Jacomus pause partway to taking a bite of biscuit, though. When HAD the last time been that someone had offered him kindness? Did the feast at that hatching up at High Reaches even count? Probably not, he'd been working hard to not be noticed, since a found pirate was a dead pirate up there.

His gaze went to Fish and Marsh, both sitting and waiting, eyes flashing many colors. He motioned to the indicated food for them, smiling as they dove in and started eating. Only then did Jacomus start eating. He was silent, trying to not eat like a ravenous and starved animal. He was halfway decent at getting food on his own, sure, and didn't show any bones on his body so easily, but he still went, sometimes, without eating for a day or two. That didn't wind up being the problem with eating, though, as his chewing slowed down. A tremble ran up and down his spine, as the weight of just how alone he felt started to crash down, how much just the acts of not arresting him for being a pirate and being fed settled into a part of him that very deeply craved other people. Fish and Marsh stopped eating, too, looking up with eyes whirling in shades of yellow, grey, and even, for the briefest of moments, white. Both flits abandoned their food, moving to press against Their Human as they jointly let out churrs and chitters, only jerking back at a wet drop falling on Jacomus' plate.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:57 pm

"Let me tell you a story, Jacomus." While Casgar couldn't shake the desire to envelope the man in a hug, he didn't think that that would preserve his pride. He'd watch to see if there was a good opportunity for greater comfort. "As a boy, I had no real prospects. I was from Rivercrest Hold, however, which gave me something of value. In this case, a certain perspective. Rivercrest Hold will do business with anyone, so long as they have marks to spend, and there are a number of pirates who frequent the place. Sort of like a Western Nabol, but with a lesser degree of corruption, though it's not without its own share. There I met men from all walks of life. I learned a lot from observing them, and helping out in whatever odd job that I could. Anything I could do to put a little food in my belly. I used the tools available to me, entertaining men and women alike as best as I could. Eventually I was tapped for an apprenticeship with the Courtesan Hall. A dancer. It changed my life... and then I left it behind to become a rider. Only I never Impressed."

He smiled slightly, seated cross legged, watching the man before him. "I had learned so much by then, and seen so many different people, that I was a good fit for assistant Headman, when the time came. One of the most important abilities of a Western Headman is the ability to accept with open arms riders from anywhere and everywhere, whose former occupations run the full range. Those lessons in Rivercrest Hold seemed like just part of life at the time, but eventually I realized that the hard times I'd lived through had given me something that no amount of education could. And Western Weyr welcomed me as no place ever before. So now here you are, and you have a choice ahead of you. If you want to stay, I promise you that you are completely welcome. No matter who you think you are, what you may have done, you're a rider, Jacomus."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:56 pm
Rubbing at his face, Jacomus watched Casgar, listening to his story. When he mentioned never Impressing, the rider felt a different pang of grief, remembering that one of his older brothers had also never Impressed, and one younger brother had yet to Impress. He looked back to his plate, quietly noting that his biscuits now sported some wet spots, and he gave a great snuffle, nodding. Finally, he whispered, "I just... Just really had it fully sink in how... How utterly alone I am in that cave..." He took a shuddering breath, "I think... I WOULD like to stay, yes. I've been a fool... Telling myself I don't need to be in a Weyr, but I do. And..." He glanced up again. "If it helps any, I have an older brother, he never Impressed. He went into Beastcraft, think he's up near High Reaches somewhere..." Then Jacomus laughed, a slightly bitter sound, "My other older brother, P'tius, wanted us all to go up there, those that haven't died from Thread. Hasn't convinced any of our living sisters yet. Hasn't sharding convinced me, either."  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:05 pm

... Well. The bed was big enough for this, at least. Setting the tray down a little farther away, Casgar removed the food from their laps, and then pulled Jacomus into his arms. "You don't have to be alone anymore, Jacomus. You don't have to try to be something you're not. Just be a man who happens to be a rider. That's all that should be expected of you." Deftly, he drew the man against his shoulder, running his fingers soothingly through his hair. That he was still wearing the robe was not important right now, even if it meant that the pirate was cuddled against his mostly barely skin. Ah well.

"There's nothing foolish about it, if your brother has been telling you to live in High Reaches Weyr. I know that many people love to be High Reaches riders, but if it's not for you, it's not for you. Many Western riders are too free spirited to ever be comfortable leading such a rigidly traditional life. And besides... you might even meet some fellow pirates while you're here." He listened to what the young man had to say, couldn't ignore that Jacomus was indicating that Casgar wasn't alone in the world. And it was quite true. Many did not Impress. But few had the opportunities he had. "It's okay. It really is. If you want to stay, all you need to do is ask."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:15 pm
"No, I mean... I've been a fool for thinking I could just be without a Weyr." He nestled into Casgar's chest and shoulder, finding comfort in simply being touched, let alone hugged. He closed his eyes, getting lost in both the hug and the feeling of fingers through his hair. It was lulling, a wonderful feeling. It was a feeling he thought, perhaps, he could get used to. Finally, he murmured into the robe, "Yes... I want to say. May I?"  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:12 am

"Of course you may stay," Casgar said absently as he stroked Jacomus's hair, listening to the quiet. The young man seemed soothed, and he was glad enough to provide some comfort. It seemed that comforts had been few and far between, in the pirate's world. "However, if you intend to stay here, in my rooms, I did rather get us both quite dirty before. There's a bath in the other room, and I intend to use it after breakfast. Perhaps you might join me?" There had to be a tactful way to remind Jacomus that Weyrfolk were expected to bathe on the semi-regular. "That, and we should find you some clothing of your own. As a rider you'll be entitled to at least a few changes of clothes and some riding leathers." Not to mention a hairbrush.

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff