Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
The Spooky Clutch Touching: Trick or Treat! Open! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:10 pm
~Phayton~

An overwhelming sense of... not belonging seemed to emanate from the egg and wash over Phayton's mind. "Oh, I'll be your friend," he smiled, stroking the vibrant shell gently. "I hate being lonely too. I have a lot of friends, but... sometimes it feels like I really don't." He knelt on the sand and gave the egg a hug, resting his cheek against it. "I have to go visit some other eggs, but I'll be back, okay?"

Reluctantly standing, the boy decided not to stray too far and reached out to place a hand on the Angel egg, which was right next to Frankenstein's Monster. Now this egg he had noticed before, a beautiful orange with what looked like a spiralling galaxy on it. Once more he cleared his mind of all but happy, loving thoughts. You are a very pretty egg. I can't wait to meet you, even if I'm not Yours.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:10 pm
Jagmund

The red haired Candidate couldn't help but chuckle out loud at The Demon's response to him. Now there was a dragonet with personality! He got the impression that the egg wanted to know more, know everything! Oh, there'd be a dragon of a great rider. Jagmund was drawn to it, but alas, he couldn't linger and talk to the egg about his plans. His plan to be a top rider, of course.

The looked around at the other Candidates visiting the Demon egg and shrugged at them, betraying nothing of his thoughts, as if he could somehow swing the competition in his favour by being secretive.

He reluctantly moved away and started looking around, then with another shrug, picked another egg to visit at random. He passed by the large Vampire egg, considered resting his hand on it, then saw the dark Goblin egg. Small eggs didn't mean small dragons, so he shrugged a third time and placed his hand on it's starry shell. You were almost hidden by your sibling, he thought to the egg, but I am sure you have at least as much, if not more, personality than they do. Flattery went a ways with dragons, didn't it?  

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

Ryala

Blessed Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:16 pm
... Well, Ryala certainly hadn't expected that! Being asked about breakfast by an egg! Or rather, the dragon within. Still, she did recall having a rather nice breakfast, not simply this morning but every morning since her arrival. Soon, the occupant of this charming egg would start enjoying regular meals, too.

With a smile for the warm welcome, she allowed her fingers to caress the shell a moment more, before moving on. They had been warned not to linger too long at any given egg, after all.

She didn't go far, however, as the next egg that she wished to visit was the Wraith egg. Once again, she caressed the shell with a light touch, allowing her thoughts to be known. A lovely egg, to be sure...  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:18 pm
Just as she thought, only the barest of feelings came from the egg. She was a fool to think she'd get much of a response, who was she to this lovely egg? To any of them? Amra ran her fingers across it's striped shell as she stood and looked about for another egg.

Eyes settling on the dark shell of The Goblin she couldn't help but feel a tiny spark of something. It called to a part of her she'd chained on a shelf in the very corner of her Room. The chains rattled in her mind but the girl had no time to spend attending to the impish memory while she still stood on the sands. No, that would have to wait for her to come back to it.

Stepping past some other Candidates, all starry eyed but some holding in nerves and tension, Amra placed her hand on the popular little egg calmly. A flash of a grin passed over her face, her second egg. This one had been lively in the moments beforehand too. Maybe she could feel something this time?

"Hello starry one, would you like to play some tricks?" Her words had come from nowhere. Certainly she had no interest in causing havoc on such an important day!

Or did she? Deep down, locked by chains, was a child that wanted nothing more than to run amok. Would a dragon run with that child? No, surely not. She had plans, she had compiled information that would be worth something to the right being. She may have wanted to have some fun, but certainly it would throw her plans on their ears.

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:20 pm
-----------------------------------------Dolmar-----------------------------------------

A building swell of pleasure at feeling the egg respond to him was culled, falling short of the mark. How completely uncalled for, and rude to boot! He'd simply wanted to get to know the egg! This rejection...well! He didn't have to take this, no, not at all! Fighting back his ire to gently pat the teal shell one last time, he cast about once more. That one next? His eyes fell to his twin instead, seeking any other response from him. Perhaps this one was his twin's, that thought was somewhat soothing to his ego.

"A lovely fellow, I'd say. What did you think?" He asked as he began to step away. There was no hesitation, no worry that his twin would want to go elsewhere. At the same time, if Marinel had broken off to look elsewhere, he would not have been distracted from his goal. His brother would do well with any dragon, he was sure. The more eggs touched the better. But not him. No, he had a plan. "It seemed quite decided in its personality. Did you feel anything good, Marinel?" His words were aimed at his twin, but his hand had already stretched out to find its next target. The Demon egg was stunning, and just as large as the last one. Such ensnaring colors. Worry not. You have my attention...if you give me yours. It did not occur to him to change his somewhat forceful approach. If the dragonets disliked him as he was, then they were not meant to be, were they?

Thaliawen

-----------------------------------------Jacquol-----------------------------------------

Ooooh! How fabulous! In a flash of impulse, Jacquol let all her recent escapades bubble up to the surface of her mind. Sneaking into the weyr, a romance born of the flight that had created the Siren egg, pilfering this, filching that, sneaking, climbing, breaking rules...and more! Her wild life before came flooding after, like a rogue wave to break over the egg. Her hands roved over the pastel shell, tracing the swirls of color and feelign the strength of the shell. Like the sturdy bowl of a well-made ship...She probably should move on, before she got in trouble, but...a moment longer. It was in fact several long moments before she sighed, and shifted her focus. Sorry gorgeous. Never let it be said that I'm the kind of lady to stay put for long! Far shores and foreign sights and all that...

...But really she only managed to shift over to Gargoyle. It was the nearest to the lovely Siren, and though her touching palms were just as eager here, she couldn't help but glance back at the first egg she'd touched now and then. It was very alluring!

-----------------------------------------Falienn-----------------------------------------

Ha! He snorted at the firm rejection of the little egg. Well! someone was certainly a prude! Pfft! With a chuckle at the mental shove he'd felt from the egg, he took a long moment to caress the warm shell, lingering jsut long enough to p***k a bit of fun at the stuck up little egg...but he did leave. He was a cad, not a fiend, after all.

It took him a moment to pick another target, watching candidates dart this way and that. This one, that one...sure. Why not? With a flip of his hair over one shoulder, off he went, sidling past the sprawling Vampire, intent on the crimson one behind it...and then changed his mind. No, really. That laid-out, relaxed pose of Vampire seemed more to his liking. It took a moment to find an empty spot, but then he was all hands. Long slow touches, feeling the texture and savoring the rich creamy color. Comfortable? You look so snug with your siblings tucked close. Who doesn't love a good cuddle, huh?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:22 pm
This was her first Touching, and Kiri wasn't sure what to expect. She'd spent much of her time at Western Weyr simply waiting -- waiting for a queen to rise, waiting for the clutch to be laid, and after today, she' be waiting for the Hatching. Ah, but this was an opportunity few had, and the girl wasn't going to think too far ahead.

No, right now she had to be in the here and now. It didn't matter what tomorrow would bring -- all they had was today.

Bowing to Vimiath, the girl hesitated as she looked over the eggs. They were all brilliant in color, and she watched as boys and girls flocked to various eggs. Stepping forward, she decided to approach The Siren Egg. She reached out to caress the shell, unsure what to expect. Such a lovely shell, for what is sure a lovely dragon. It's good to meet you, little one!

Ah, touching eggs was different than caressing felines. The egg was smoother than she'd expected, and the Sands hotter than she'd thought. Thankfully, the heat didn't bother her much -- it reminded her of the hot days of Southern.

~ ~ ~ ~

Rasthell, of his part, felt like he was an old hand at all of this. He was excited for the Touching, yes, but he also didn't want to get his hopes up. He'd been disappointed in the past, and with High Reaches Candidates joining up, he feared there was that much more competition. But, the dragons knew best, and a good match was a good match -- if he wasn't meant to Impress than it wouldn't matter if there were only ten of them or two hundred.

Trying to bury any uncertainties, the red-head instead focused on the eggs. He approached The Hellhound Egg, and let his hands caress the bright green shell. Hey there... Doing all right? I hope you're as happy to meet us as we're happy to meet you. And wasn't that the truth! This egg's shell was a gorgeous green, so bright, so cheerful; hopefully the egg didn't mind being touched by so many hands and surrounded by so many feelings.

~ ~ ~ ~

Cedarian had dressed well for the occasion, and looked over the eggs carefully. He didn't want to appear nervous, but a small part of him was unsure what to expect. He hadn't bothered to ask Dolmar, as he didn't dare lose face with stupid questions. It was just an egg, that homed a dragon. They were to think happy, cheerful thoughts, but honestly Cedarian didn't entirely think that wise. Why fake it if the dragon inside already knew you from the inside out?

They were no fools.

The strawberry blonde finally decided to approach the Vampire Egg. It was the biggest, and its creamy shell appealing and practical; not blindingly bright like some of the others. Giving a small bow, he reached out an let his fingers caress the egg shell. A fine day to you, Egg. He thought with as much dignity he could muster. If he felt a little foolish, it couldn't be helped; he'd never spoken to an egg before, and Cedarian had never liked to play the fool.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:23 pm
Lennik

Was he being no fun now? Was perhaps his attempt to thrust himself into adulthood doing so at the expense of...everything that had been him? He considered this as the Goblin seemed to express disappointment at how he had...pinched it's playtime in the bud. Then he laughed. "Of course you weren't. I simply hope you get to keep playing while everybody is here."

He retracted his hand and turned his attention to the other eggs. Now....now who called for him?

Perhaps now he would visit The Angel Egg. His touch wasn't ginger, not out of a lack of tenderness, but rather that he knew not even a small egg would bend or break under his touch. Nothing so delicate was here. He was more than prepared to offer up what he had inside of him for perusal. I only have myself to offer. I am certain that isn't a bad thing.

---

Martirae

She had been called out, and Marty pondered for a moment over if she actually felt herself so...rigid as this egg saw her. She stroked her hand over it one more time. I will break for who I am, but perhaps I have forgotten how to kindle certain fires. Thank you. I'll....do something with that. Martirae would not change who she was for simply any egg, but this one's words rung true with what Lennik had said of her too.

Perhaps she needed to revisit that.

Martirae didn't allow the judgement to linger, however, and instead moved to the next egg. There were several now standing around the Demon, but her attention instead turned to another egg closer to her. Her hand ran over The Mummy Egg, and as she had with The Hunter she offered it no brave words, or silly small talk. She offered it only her self for it's perusal. I can only be what I am, I'm not ashamed of that.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:28 pm
"It's really nice," Mari said, and stroked the teal egg once more. Whoever Impressed the dragon within would be lucky! Whoever impressed any of the eggs here would be. "I think it liked me, Dolly," he added, with another smile. He tended lack confidence, but his first egg experience had been a positive one and that helped.

He followed Dolmar to the Demon egg, staring in awe for a moment. The colors on this egg were beautiful. He rested a hand on it. "Hi, I'm Marinel," he introduced himself. How did one talk to an egg, anyway? "You're so pretty."  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:32 pm

SilverLutz

Hellhound Egg

It was being a very good egg. It had waited such a long time... and if it needed to, it would wait still longer. It wanted to keep its siblings safe, but it also wanted to meet the Candidates. Torn, the egg was somewhat overeager when Venn touched it.

tatterpixie

Angel Egg

Ah, this one had recently visited its sibling. The Angel could feel the kindness within the boy, the boy who had offered to be Frankenstein Monster's friend. A hint of approval flickered across the egg. Indeed, it would not mind meeting Phayton.

ChaosTheories

Goblin Egg

Oh, Jagmund thought he was so clever, didn't he? Did he love the Demon, then? The Goblin practically burst into a fit of giggles, terribly amused by everything about the entire situation. The Goblin had a secret of its own now. Was he the right one to tell?

Hattaki

Goblin Egg

Yes! She needn't ask twice, for the Goblin was ready to play games right here and now. Of course Amra wanted to cause havoc. Didn't she want to get to know the Goblin a little better? The egg called to the locked away child, playfully demanding an answer.

Masterharper

Siren Egg

Oh yes, the Siren gloated. Another lovely lady for its collection. Why yes, yes, it was quite a lovely egg! And indeed, it was good to meet her as well. The Siren had been waiting to be adored like this.

Hellhound Egg

The dragonet within the egg brushed against Rasthell's hand, seeming in greeting. It was happy to meet him. To meet them all. If not a little bit anxious, because it wasn't quite as showy as some of the rest.

Vampire Egg

Mollified by this most appropriate form of address, the Vampire egg returned Cedarian's bow with a deep, elegant bow it its own. If, indeed, an egg could bow. A fine day indeed, with him around. The room had been rather stuffy before, but now it was beginning to enjoy a touch of fresh air.

demon_pachabel

Angel Egg

Fun was not a necessary quality. Loyalty, perseverance... honor. Those traits were far superior, and Lennik's self was sufficient. The Angel did not disapprove.

ShinosBee

Siren Egg

As Jacquol vanished, the Siren seemed to give a peal of melodic laughter. A lady after its own heart. How charming!

Gargoyle Egg

Well. If Jacquol was going to think about another within Gargoyle's vicinity, then it would surely wait for her to be finished. Hmmph.

Angel Egg

The fury that radiated off of the Angel egg was so intense that it had a good chance of striking Falienn even as he moved away. How dare he? The egg was increasingly angry, and would not stop until he was brought to justice.

Vampire Egg

Stiffly, the Vampire beheld Falienn. Indeed, it was not quite so relaxed as he might assume. It gave him a long glance, pondering what it might think of such languorous touches.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:33 pm
Rennati (HR)
It had been an exciting day so far having traveled to western and being told some rules. She knew what to expect but of course it easy still interesting all the same from the trip over as well as just seeing a new weyr. As they made their way onto the sands a certain egg caught her eye and Ren made sure it was the first she visited. Placing her hands on the werewolf egg , she lightly traced the crescent moon. “Your shell is like a calm night with a clear sky and a bright moon.” She told it. Last time quite a few liked to be told about their shells.

Varinia (Western)
Well OF COURSE she would behave, as long as everyone else did. There was nothing to fear about this little baker girl as she filed onto the sands and approached the first egg her eyes laid on. It was towards the front of the group so it seemed like a good place to start. Gently rubbing it's shell, Varinia greeted the goblin egg, “Hey there, I bet you can't wait to get out of your shell! Just a little bit longer though!”  

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:33 pm
As soon as her hand rested against the egg, she felt her fears melt away. She couldn't help but grin at the cheerful egg. Rinis gave it as much attention as she felt she could afford before reluctantly patting it good bye. She'd see it at the hatching for sure and whoever Djinn picked as its rider was one lucky kid.

Confidence buoyed, she looked around for her next egg. Off to one side all by itself was a brown and black egg. Rinis headed over and placed her palm along the Hunter Egg and hoped for the best.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:34 pm
Oer chuckled, just loud enough to wonder if it might have been a mistake not to stifle it. He hadn't expected the dragon's response to be so clear, a series of thoughts and feelings that conveyed more than spoken words could have over the same stretch of time. He certainly did think that bowing and scraping was a bit over the top personally, but if this soon-to-be hatchling was a fan, then...

He backed up a step, conscious of the positions of those Candidates around him, and gave the Djinn egg a parting bow as he moved on. Your wish is my command, little one.

He shifted over a bit, easily finding the large Demon Egg directly beside the Djinn. Oerlen rested his hand on it as several others took their leave, projecting a pleasant, Good day, my dear. You're quite the popular one, aren't you? at the dragon. He was feeling much more relaxed than he had been twenty minutes ago.

Smerdle

Scamp

ChaosTheories

Obsessive Streaker

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:43 pm
Jagmund

Jagmund, for a moment, couldn't decide whether to be entertained or offended by the thoughts he felt from the Goblin egg. What's so funny, little egg? He could be fond of any egg he wanted to be fond of, thank you very much! Shards, you will be a handful, won't you? Jagmund settled on feeling a kind of bemused liking for the egg, before pulling his hand away. It was an adventure, talking to eggs.

Now what to do? There were Candidates and eggs everywhere, it seemed. Seeking space, Jagmund found himself following Rinis towards the Hunter egg. He flashed a smile at her and placed his fingertips gently on the egg's spotted surface. You seem distant from your siblings, he thought to the egg. Is that because you feel distant from them, or is it something else? He wasn't sure if questioning the egg fell into the rules of the Touching, but Jagmund was confident that no one important would hear his thoughts.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:50 pm
The surge Venn felt under his hand was surprising, but he supposed it was a normal reaction for an egg that had yet to be touched.

"Easy, little one. You'll have plenty of hands to feel soon," he said with a warm chuckle, hopefully soothing the dragon within. He stayed with it just a bit more before others made their way over, giving it a farewell stroke and a feeling of good luck now that more Candidates were milling about. He had been through many Hatchings and Touchings, but each one was like the first every time. There were some young men and women here that could be Touching for the first time and as he glanced around, he couldn't help the delight bubbling up in him. He made his way over to the next egg, crouching beside the Werewolf Egg which wasn't too far from the bright green one he had just been close to.

"Hello in there," he cooed softly. It was another small egg, but Venn didn't mind about size. Sometimes the largest dragons came from the smallest eggs, after all. "All this hustle and bustle must be exciting, hm?"  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:54 pm
~Phayton~

Phayton could feel the sense of approval coming from the dragonet within the orange egg, and he smiled brightly. "I hope we can be friends too." He almost picked the small egg up to hug it, but realized just in time that he would be in BIG trouble if he did that -- not just from A'ral, but from Vimiath and Blundarth. And he did NOT want to get on anyone's bad side and end up kicked off the sands. So he knelt on the sand as he had done with the Angel's vibrantly colored sibling and gave it a gentle hug.

Glancing over his shoulder at the Frankenstein Monster egg, he moved through the other eggs, trying to decide which one to touch next. This was so exciting! He was more excited about this clutch than he had been about any previous clutch he could recall. A grey egg (the Djinn egg) caught his attention, so he made his way over to it and stroked its shell. The streaks of white that ran through the grey were quite interesting. Hello, he thought, smiling at the sensation of amusement coming from the dragonet within. What's got you so amused, all of us kids bumbling around pawing at you? Phayton grinned at that. Well, that's what it was!  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 21 22 23 24 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff