Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands
[ORP - Firekin] The Desert Comes to Visit Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ctrl F Greenie
Crew

Colorful Waffles

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:11 pm
Had she walked right by them, was she that distracted? Raiatea was as surprised as any by the half pint that wandered up and stressed that she was rude. "Excuse me?" Her eyes peered down at the cub and in raising her head she spied her brother. The look on his face helped to ease the furrowed brow she wore. "Well it wasn't intentional." She remarked in her defense.

"It's nice to meet you Helios." She was smiling at the cub now and even peered over to the direction Akela had pointed, but the fond sentiments weren't meant to last as he asked a question that caught her off guard. "AKELA!" Her cheeks rosed up quite nicely beneath the dark layer of her pelt and her eyes narrowed to dangerous looking slits. Before she was even given the chance to react to that though she heard a voice and was suddenly drowned by the view of a lioness - an outsider.

"Titaia, what a lovely name! I'm Raiatea, but feel free to call me Raia." Her nature changed almost immediately and a smile broke her previous scowl.

The inerruption had temporarily derailed her desire to continue assaulting Tawi with jokes about his nickname. But his fowl comment about Astrea was something she couldn't ignore if she tried. "Ha! You find yourself to be better company?" Her eyes narrowed at him recklessly. But that was all she could say, anymore and it would likely become inappropriate for their visitor.

"So Titaia, how is your visit going so far?" Her attentions were turned back to the foreigner with feigned interest. Raia was no hostess and was certainly more petty than most - she wouldn't let Tawis attitude slide, but it could be addressed later.

KasaiLoki

Ecavi

AstoriaFallen

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:23 pm
Krysin

"I would be more than happy to join you both." He said pleased to have been invited to lay down. Before placing himself in the spot she had so kindly cleared for him he smiled at Quiyue.

"Perhaps I'll see more of you Quiyue, any friend of Mulika's is a friend of mine." While that was a little presumptuous of him he meant what he said. He would be friends to anyone she cared enough for that they were her friends.

If they were important to her, they were important to him. HE wasn't even dating her or anything yet. And here he was being all noble.

He almost felt like he was going to end up making an a** of himself before the day was done.

"They are a curious sort aren't they." He said making himself comfortable. "Why do you think they're here now?" He wasn't sure if they had any speculations or not and just wanted to know what they thought more than anything.  

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:29 pm
Ctrl F Greenie

KasaiLoki

Ecavi

Helios was just pleased to be meeting all these new faces. He hadn't met too many within the pride so he was just all sorts of excited right now. Helios was going to say something else but then the large red female approached and he was just left in awe.

Akela gave his sister a smirkish grin, "WHAT?" He chuckled and turned his attention to Titaia. "I'm Akela, Raia's brother. We do hope that your journey hasn't been too long." He offered warmly towards the large female.

He recalled how Tawi had stared at him and focused his attention back on the male. "So my sister mentions you now and again. Are you a friend of hers?" He had seen her with Astrea plenty of times. He was basically almost implying what are your intentions with my sister, though he really had no idea if they had anything going on.

He was just curious about this male he didn't know.

Helios was just still staring at the female but then remembered his manners. "I'm Helios! It's a pleasure to have you here in our pride." He offered towards her.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:37 pm
"I am sure you will. We're almost a package deal," Quiyue replied. The lion was still a little too nervous with all these Firekin around to completely relax. He still tried, and laid his head down on his paws, watching as a few of the red coated felines began to intermingle with his pride.

"But we're not," Mulika interjected with a little laugh. Quiyue was a good friend, but he was a little too clingy when he was nervous, and she knew just by looking at him just how uncertain he was of the situation. He had a far more delicate constitution than most of the lions she knew.

"Ah, I am not sure. They have to be here for peaceful reasons, so what it really boils down to is that they want something, and either was give it or compromise on it. That is all this sort of thing really boils down to." She was a little concerned with the band of Firekin - not that she expected them to be malicious. Rather, she expected them to want something.

"Or they're here to skin us and wear our pretty pelts as trophies," Quiyue quipped nervously.

AstoriaFallen

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:41 pm
User Image User Image
"I heard that they have a lot of… beliefs."

"We were all told that, Hati."

"…Right. Yeah."

The white and red lion shifted his weight on his paws. He looked over the group of lions with a curious eye. It wasn't difficult to discern his excitement. Though he had been rogue before joining the Firekin, he hadn't really been to any other prides aside from his native Jini-msemi. The medic shuffled again, then leaned over to his companion as he continued to whisper. "Should we… should we go say something?"

"If you feel so inclined," Tazka replied, making no effort to hide her general annoyance at the chipper lion. She didn't feel one way or the other about being here. The lioness didn't really care about the religion of these lions. As far as she was concerned, she was here because her superiors said they were coming here, and she would do whatever needed to be done to get this job done.

It certainly didn't mean that she was particularly eager to mingle. Instead she lingered, letting her purple eyes scan over the strange individuals.

Hati, on the other hand, seemed eager and ready. All he gave was a nod of confirmation before moving away from his 'friend' and into the foray. Tazka only sighed and watched him go.

KasaiLoki

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:52 pm
oo DeD

User Image User Image

"Maisha, come on, Navu whispered in her mate's ear as they approached the gathering. "Hodari would not allow that to happen." She shook her head, in referencing the conversation they had previously about the newcomers. The male she had come to love was so very nervous around strangers. One of these days she would need to change that, although she did not quite know how. It was a kick that he always had, even as a child.

"You don't know what," the male responded, traveling slowly behind the white lioness. He kept close to her, trying not to let his nerves gets the best of him, but failing quite miserably.

"All we got to do is introduce ourselves. Remember like when we met Kgwedi? Look at you two now, friends. Same can happen with this group." To prove a point, Navu chose the first lion she saw. "Hey there!" She called out to Hati. Wait. He looked... familiar. Was this...

"Hati?" she said in almost disbelief.

The tone caused Maisha to tilt his head. Hati? Who was Hati?  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:54 pm
Krysin

"I need more friends in my life so that works out well for me." He said being rather honest about his friend situation. He really hadn't made many since he had moved her, aside from the lioness he was laying beside and her male friend. Like, what kind of a loser was he.

He was just being hard on himself. He had it much better here than he had while he had been in his old pride. While he missed his mother dearly he was glad to be away from there.

"I think our colors would clash horribly." He joked about his comment of them being there to wear their pelts. "It would be a terrible fashion choice." He laughed.

"I just hope they don't cause trouble while Kimondo is gone. I'm sure her sister will be able to hold things down but a large group of our lions has left." He said in a rather hushed tone. He didn't exactly want to announce that to the whole world.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:06 pm
"I don't know, Mulika's pretty gold pelt would certainly compliment all those bright reds..." Quiyue purred, trying to get a rise out of his female friend. Mulika was notoriously hard to get anything out of. The lioness was a bit too reserved, but Quiyue appreciated that about her. She was easy company to hold, and pleasant enough to chat to.

"I am sure if they were to skin me, you'd be the first to jump to my defense, Quiyue," Mulika pointed out with a sigh, as if her friend's antics were finally beginning to exhaust her. As a little bit of punishment for Quiyue she leaned away from the dark lion, and instead scooted closer to Buyisiwe. She was just close enough that they were touching, but it still didn't seem like she was trying to intrude on his space.

"Hodari will be fine. Besides, the Firekin here are outnumbered. I doubt they'll try anything overt with us."

"So you say," Quiyue had his doubts.

AstoriaFallen

Krysin

Tipsy Senshi

AstoriaFallen

AstoriaFallen

Winter Wolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:36 pm
Krysin

He looked over at Quiyue and gave a nod of his head. "You know, you're right. Her gold would look really nice with someone that had a rich red or black pelt." He gave Mulika a wink, there was no way he'd allow anyone near her and he doubted Qui would either. So she could at least consider herself safe.

She was right in the fact that the firekin were out numbered, but still. It made one a little on edge if you thought about it. He was sure there where just here for a friendly visit to make an alliance perhaps. Besides, he knew there were a number of members, including himself, related to the firekin.

"Small fact, My father was a Firekin." Perhaps that would help Quiyue ease up a bit.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:11 pm
User Image
((Despite her cert, she is the Regent for this Meta!))

When Kimondo had originally asked Hodari to stay behind, she hadn't had a whole lot of problems with it. After all, what was the worst that would happen? The Mwezi had seen a lot of inner turmoil in the past,
sure, but now that was over, there couldn't be much to worry about. With her father staying home, as well as her fellow pride mates to help her, and her beloved, Mti, of course, she could surely handle anything that came her way.

Looking at the red Firekin lions around her now, Hodari fought hard against the sudden panic that threatened to arise. She certainly hadn't expected this
when her sister left for the Tianxia. She thought she was doing relatively alright thus far and for the time being was managing everything fairly smoothly. Gazing at her pride mates now as well as keeping an eye on the much larger lions,
everyone seemed merely curious about one an other.

She had sent Mti off in the capable paws of her guards, which left her uncertain with who she could talk to with the strangers here, but she knew that her mate would give her the best report while allowing her to be here with her pride. Besides, she still had Amabala beside her and he, as always was a constant source of support. So, she sat nearby, watching over her pride and looking available to be approached, in case anyone chose to approach the Regent with questions or conversation.

Certainly quite a lot had happened in the Mwezi since their visitors arrived. The notion of a threat by the name of the Nergui certainly got a rise out of Hodari, for she was a Guard before she was anything else. Yet, she had chosen to send her mate to investigate and so Amabala took it upon himself to stay at her side always, in his absence. He knew she was nervous, but she had been doing so well thus far and he was certain she would continue to perform amiably. It was only a matter of time before someone came to approach her now, he thought and he would be sitting next to her when someone did.  

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

oo Ded

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:25 pm
KasaiLoki

Hati ambled towards the nearest pair of lions, glancing over their dark and pale forms but not really looking that hard at them. At least, not until one of them spoke his name.

The sound of her voice opened floodgates of memories. How long had it been, now, since he had seen his sister? Their pilgrimage? How much had happened since then? He had wandered the rogue lands, found a new name (that he would later abandon for the one given to him in his former home), and returned much later to the Jini-msemi only to find the pride gone. He had long since dismissed the possibility that he'd see his family again.

And yet…

"Kiwimbi?" He whispered, his voice soft like it was being pulled subconsciously from his mouth.

"Kiwimbi!" Hati called again. He was closing the distance between them quickly, almost barreling towards his sister. Those around them might have thought some sort of ruckus was starting up, but any sign of trouble would have been unraveled when the red and white lion came to a stop, his head pressed affectionately to the white lioness's shoulder.

"I don't… I didn't know you were here!" the lion beamed, doing his best to keep his eyes from welling up with tears. "I didn't think I'd see you again…"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:46 pm
Shula was about to say something, when a bright lioness came up to the two of them, obviously staring at Mircea. Shula and Anga shared a glance, knowing that the other was was hiding a smile.

Mircea for his part, hadn't seen the lioness at first, and jumped a bit when he realized that she was looking at him. He looked around a bit, trying to see if there was some reason as to why she would be staring so intently, but he couldn't find any. She even said "wow". He awkwardly smiled at her. "Uh, hello. I'm Mircea. Is there uh, something you need?" He asked, not sure how to start a conversation with the lioness. He wasn't a native of the firekin, he had had to duel his way into the pride, but it was the one place where he thought he would belong with his coloring.

Shula and Anga for their part were quiet, wanting to see how this interaction went. Though they would be happy to talk to the lioness if she so wished. They both shared another look though, it saying looks like someone has an admirer.

Ecavi

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

belloblossom

Aged Shapeshifter

17,850 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:53 pm
User Image

Vedrina was delighted by these new strangers. They were so different from her and her pride and she was eager to make friends with them. Besides, the acting Regent, Hodari, seemed to want them to be friendly and if it was her duty, as well as her wish, then it was a win-win, right? She had heard that her brothers were going along too, which only made the young lioness more eager to go too. She was practically prancing over to a particularly red Firekin, though Great Lion, they were all rather red, when she noticed one of her brothers looking particularly uncomfortable.

"Faruk!" She said, approaching him. "Come meet a new friend with me." She chimed pleasantly, looping her tail around his and nudging him. "See anyone that's caught your eye?" She asked, nudging him again, eager to get them moving. "Because we should certainly talk to someone, if not everyone, don't you think?"

- Mynsed -

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:10 pm
Faruk’s heart dropped. Vedrina was here as well. She was too friendly for her own good. Now he had to watch over her and Zlatan. Hopefully, Vjeran didn’t show up as well… or their other sisters, for that matter.

”A new friend?” he asked warily, glancing at his brother, expecting him to follow. Zlatan was too skittish to leave alone. He wasn’t going to leave him in that sort of situation. Really, though, Vedrina should be more cautious…

The questions had him pause. ”No,” he replied simply. It was true. The only one who caught his eye wasn’t here. And if she was here, she wouldn’t look his way anyways…

Vedrina’s intentions to talk to everyone had Faruk nearly stumbling. Oh dear, how was he going to stop her? ”Let’s take it slow,” he murmured, sticking close to Zlatan.

Belloblossom

Syrius Lionwing

- Mynsed -

Syrius Lionwing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:16 am
- Mynsed -

Belloblossom

Zlatan’s Eyes widened probably more than they should have when he saw one of his sisters. Honestly they all terrified him. Girls were very much an enigma to him and his sisters were the most fearful of these.

A touch from his brother pulled him out of his tharn state and he smiled wearily. He was even more frightened of these big red beasts but if they stuck together they would be okay. He picked his paws up to catch up to his two, much braver siblings, his sister seemed especially keen to speak to one of the giants. He would probably just stay behind Faruk, he trusted his brother to know what to do.

“They hum, don’t seem very friendly, do they?” They were just so intimidating!

Ctrl F Greenie

The massive red and white lioness smiled at the silver femme, she supposed they wee very intimidating. They were also a warring pride, they knew how to fight, they knew how to survive on the bleakest of landscapes, she supposed lions like these wouldn’t understand. “It is tradition that those with fur not representing the fires are sent out in to the world. I believe you have some of our hubris in your ranks.” She sounded so stern, even in her own ears, she wanted to chat and have fun here but it seemed she had to be a little bit serious. “It is our way.”

Coming back to the places they had visited though made her beam. “Yes the beach is amazing, the sea goes on forever. You can’t drink it though. I accidentally tried, its full of salt.” She chuckled quietly, her first attempt at swimming had resulted in a mouth full of the salty liquid and she had made sure to keep her mouth shut when ever she entered the waves after that.

“My mother and father were rogues and my aunt..” She looked around for Geei and pointed “the black and white lady over there, they were born in the rogue lands but travelled as a family to the firekin. I have another aunt too but she stayed behind, she’s much smaller than the rest of our family but she’s feisty.” She enjoyed talking about her family they were all she really knew. “Do you have family here? A lot of you look alike.” She paused for a moment and looked around thoughtfully “though not too alike.” She chuckled “I can’t tell if any of you were born here or not, its very obvious in our lands, big and red, probably born in.”

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff